Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Iron man: china, for their industry

Cap: Russia, being reawakened after a long slumber

Thor: idk South Africa or something

Ok I'm not very good at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Much like anime, marvel is also garbage

They should make a marvel anime

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Marvel is garbage because like anime, it escapes from the real world and history and hides inside made up fightfightfight bullshit. Also fights with laser fingers, not even practical stunt.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

China is like John Wick, Taiwan is his dog, and America is Scott Adkins in a fat suit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Marvel is worse than anime because at least in an anime cartoon you can make dumb costumes look okay. When grown men and women wear superhero all ages approved cosplay made of latex, rubber and plastic with metallic paints they need a whole lot of VFX work by a professional CGI house to look anything other than hokey and embarassing.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/ShenzhenPages/status/1656573440688816128

Amazing things are happening in China.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
shoot imagine your surprise if you tried to foster and socialize that little guy thinking it was a kitten

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

DancingShade posted:

USA: If China won't attack Taiwan we'll do it ourselves!

*threatens to figuratively and literally nuke vassals*

america: why do everyone want to walk with china now

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Palladium posted:

*threatens to figuratively and literally nuke vassals*

america: why do everyone want to walk with china now

they've just been suckered in by lenient loan practices and delivery of concrete improvements in their standards of living. soon they'll realize how cold and hard the world is (when we murder them all)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
But now pay later government.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1656648419761430528?s=20

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

anyone have a good overview of imran khan situation they can recommend? specifically what led to the levers of state power turning against him.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

Marvel is garbage because like anime, it escapes from the real world and history and hides inside made up fightfightfight bullshit. Also fights with laser fingers, not even practical stunt.

anime is not a genre

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

oof now that's some cringe

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol I just noticed something about all these police station articles. They all cite the Safeguard Defenders.

quote:

A Madrid-based human rights organisation, Safeguard Defenders, published a report late in 2021 listing countries that Chinese police authorities had claimed to maintain posts in, including New Zealand.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-are-chinas-alleged-secret-overseas-police-stations

quote:

But the Spain-based nongovernment group Safeguard Defenders accused Chinese police of using the offices to spy on critics abroad and to harass or threaten both citizens and non-citizens in a report published last year. A Chinese official claimed last year that 210,000 suspects of fraud were “persuaded to return” to China in 2021 as part of a crackdown on telephone scams, although the researchers wrote that not all were charged with crimes. Countries including Canada and Ireland asked China to close such stations or opened investigations of their own following the Safeguard Defenders report.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/19/china-police-state-outposts-00092913

quote:

The Spain-based nonprofit advocacy organization Safeguard Defenders published data from China’s Ministry of Public Security in September that revealed that Beijing had announced its “first batch” of “30 overseas police service stations in 25 cities in 21 countries.” By December, Safeguard Defender’s tally of such facilities had grown to more than 100 in countries including the U.S., Canada, Nigeria, Japan, Argentina and Spain.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/20/explainer-chinas-covert-overseas-police-stations

quote:

But Laura Harth, the campaigns director at Safeguard Defenders, says the stations are “only the tip of the iceberg in much wider transnational repression campaigns”.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/04/world/china-overseas-police-stations-intl-cmd/index.html

quote:

Madrid-based human rights campaigner Safeguard Defenders says it found evidence China was operating 48 additional police stations abroad since the group first revealed the existence of 54 such stations in September.

Anyways long story short

Look at how many stories their director has in the epoch times.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/author-peter-dahlin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

holy poo poo

what a find

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/03/human-rights-activist-peter-dahlin-secret-black-prison-xi-jinpings-new-china

Lmfao look at this guy's life story, how do you go hiking and magically meet dissidents.

quote:

Peter Dahlin arrived in China from his native Sweden in the summer of 2004, a 23-year-old political science graduate keen for a taste of the world outside a lecture theatre.

“I was just there to backpack and learn,” recalls Dahlin, whose travels took him through Beijing, Shanghai and Xiamen, the south-eastern port where Xi served as vice-mayor in the 1980s.

Three years later he returned, throwing himself into human rights work alongside Hou Wenzhou, a Chinese activist he had met online.

Dahlin’s first project was a report denouncing the existence of an illegal nationwide network of secret detention facilities called “black jails”. It identified eight such prisons in Beijing.

About the same time Dahlin met Wang Quanzhang, a crusading civil rights lawyer known for his defence of China’s downtrodden and outspoken criticism of the government. Together, in 2009, they founded China Action, a non-profit advocacy group dedicated to supporting human rights defenders in the one-party state.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

When your NOT an intelligence agent or asset these things just happen

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i like that china is simultaneously an omniscient police state that mercilessly cracks down on all dissent, and also you can just find random anti-government activists walking about the countryside

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In 2020/21 I would get an insane amount of robocall scam and I'm supposed to be mad that China fixed this?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i wanna pet the leopard kitten

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lmao

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Is this confirmation of Israels "Samson Option"?

It's long been denied since Seymour Hersh first exposed it in the 90s. But supposedly Israel has the nuclear strategy to bring down the temple around them if they are badly losing a war. They'll launch their nukes to trigger a global nuclear war ending human civilization with them.

It was first activated in the Yom Kippur War in which Israel took heavy losses early on and looked set to lose. They armed their nukes and told the US they were prepared to use them unless they came to their aid. Nixon followed up with Operation Nickel Grass, where they airlifted in material to replace Israeli losses, turning the tide of war in Israels favor.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol I just noticed something about all these police station articles. They all cite the Safeguard Defenders.

Anyways long story short

I knew it all originated from Safeguard Defenders but I didn't know he wrote for Epoch Times.

Safeguard Defenders is sus as is. They don't list their funders anywhere on their website. But prior to Safeguard he founded China Action, a similar anti-china ngo, who did list their funding and turns out the NED were their main backer. I'd wager the NED are funding his current venture and helped to spread it through western media.

For a tiny, and brand new NGO it was odd how they managed to get coverage across the west before governments even knew about these stations. All the government actions seemed to follow the media reports citing his work.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/mfa_china/status/1656297450762805249

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Best Friends posted:

anyone have a good overview of imran khan situation they can recommend? specifically what led to the levers of state power turning against him.

imagine babe ruth/tom brady running on a vague good feelings+anti-corruption platform, getting into power and pissing people in power off while doing mostly the same things. The man won pakistan their cricket world cup. Their precious army mostly lost them their wars.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my dad posted:

Dragon Ball was pretty cool. When I was a kid, I'd get up super early in the morning to watch episodes of it (I don't know how much exactly the stuff shown here was lagging behind what was being produced at the time, but it was quite a bit).

However, it was competing for slots with the late night broadcasts of Vojislav Šešelj's trial, and if a trial segment went on for too long, I'd end up having to watch a bunch of legal proceedings before getting to see Goku explode things. And sometimes they'd skip Dragon Ball to fit in more Šešelj.

God, that was a lot Šešelj.

kind of sounds like this sešelj guy was your version of oj simpson

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

remember when people were alleging china genetically engineered covid to target white people lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

imagine babe ruth/tom brady running on a vague good feelings+anti-corruption platform, getting into power and pissing people in power off while doing mostly the same things. The man won pakistan their cricket world cup. Their precious army mostly lost them their wars.

I would vote for touchdown tom

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

gradenko_2000 posted:

holy poo poo

what a find

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Best Friends posted:

punjabi people love to wild out

there were some mini riots in punjab recently too over a tribute to late singer sidhu moose wala

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Was Imran Khan as good as Babe Ruth Tom Brady?

How about Curt Chilling Brett Favre?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

yellowcar posted:

remember when people were alleging china genetically engineered covid to target white people lol

the USA sending genetically engineered bio weapons against foreign populations would be like spitting against the wind lol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's definitely a thing the american government wants to do but they'll probably gently caress it up

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

sonatinas posted:

the USA sending genetically engineered bio weapons against foreign populations would be like spitting against the wind lol

if they didn't have the idea to engineer something target non-white groups before Covid, they certainly do now

and assuming the US state was somehow above this, what about Elon Musk and co

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Marenghi posted:

I knew it all originated from Safeguard Defenders but I didn't know he wrote for Epoch Times.

Safeguard Defenders is sus as is. They don't list their funders anywhere on their website. But prior to Safeguard he founded China Action, a similar anti-china ngo, who did list their funding and turns out the NED were their main backer. I'd wager the NED are funding his current venture and helped to spread it through western media.

For a tiny, and brand new NGO it was odd how they managed to get coverage across the west before governments even knew about these stations. All the government actions seemed to follow the media reports citing his work.

I always thought the name of their org sounds like a mistranslated deodorant brand.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

if they didn't have the idea to engineer something target non-white groups before Covid, they certainly do now

and assuming the US state was somehow above this, what about Elon Musk and co

Wasting countless billions searching for the poor gene is on brand for musk

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

In Training posted:

I would vote for touchdown tom

yeah exactly my point. Sports personalities are a beacon of celebrity and more often than not they are extremely talented.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

stephenthinkpad posted:

Was Imran Khan as good as Babe Ruth Tom Brady?

How about Curt Chilling Brett Favre?

Dunno if he was a peak player but he led the pakistani cricket team to win the world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Brady is enough of a pedophile to pull it off imo