Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

If they wanted to show players that they still gave a gently caress about Stasis, they would unfuck the entire process you have to take to get all your aspects and poo poo.
They haven't and likely won't until fuckin whenever(maybe) so as it st(r)ands, they've given up on it.

I wanted to try stasis Titan but I have 1 grenade, no aspects, and two fragments. So no thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kith posted:

>Identify underused armor pieces and revamp them to increase their appeal.
>no Mask of the Quiet One changes

zzz

Apotheosis Veil sends its regards.

Are the changes to Eternal Warrior enough to get anyone to put that butt-ugly thing on their head?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/haykebyr/status/1656469512387022848?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I wish they'd put less subclass specific perks on the artifact and more neutral ones.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Collateral Damage posted:

I wish they'd put less subclass specific perks on the artifact and more neutral ones.

No. No playing the way you want, only the way we want.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"It works for Diablo"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just remove seasonal perks, bingo bango done. No more being steered to certain options or builds for a season!

Oh wait, that would make seasonal champ mods not doable. Iunno, let's make a random modifier on each activity specifying what weapons get what mods. That makes sense.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just soloed Avalon last night :woop:

This was my second attempt and only died a handful of times during the first boss fight trying to figure out the mechanics. Being a void hunter helped a bunch since I could just go invis when the adds got too much

How much worse is Avalon on legendary? Is it worth the trouble to go solo or should I LFG it? I'm trying for the Queensguard title

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s much, much harder and there’s no unique reward for going solo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It got hit with a tuning pass so Legenday is nowhere near as brutal as it was but it’s still a very annoying thing to do solo. It’s “fine” if you go all in on either vexcalibur itself with some volatile / devour loop where you’re constantly healing and overshielding (since it gives you endless adds to feed off) and you need something to specifically deal with the wyvernns on that 2nd encounter which will gently caress you up. It is considerably easier to do with a team now that the scaling got addressed.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
That Oathkeepers change is disappointing. I fully expected the damage bonus to be capped or scaled somehow but having it disappear after a few seconds when the functionality of the exotic is that you can hold the draw as long as you want is some real :bungie:

It is kind of refreshing though to have them admit that the change was because people were not using the buff exactly how they intended.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Lol the Brazilian PlayStation account leaked and now bungie has to release it for real

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1656707153774755868?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

wow. eight whole seconds of stuff we've already been shown in still images

e: i shouldn't undersell it. there's a voice clip in there. and some music

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel teased

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

wow. eight whole seconds

Give them a break, they are a small independent game studio

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Lol the Brazilian PlayStation account leaked and now bungie has to release it for real
"has to" like it probably wasn't about to drop anyways.

FlapYoJacks posted:

its a real slap in the face

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

Reddit’s that way 👉

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I wonder what the Savathun's Song environment will be used for

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I just got around to reading the exotic changes. Is their reasoning behind nerfing Stompees really that dumb?
Controller people are incapable of pressing up on the right analog stick?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

I just got around to reading the exotic changes. Is their reasoning behind nerfing Stompees really that dumb?
Controller people are incapable of pressing up on the right analog stick?

Yes players are by large incredibly dumb and bad

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Depending on the specific month, Bungie either wants aerial combat to be an important part of the game or removed entirely

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If controller players are incapable of pressing up on the right analog stick, why not nerf heat rises? Or fix warlock snap movement? Or nerf any other movement exotic? Why can’t they just straight up say “we want hunters to use a different exotic?”

Edit:

“Controller players can’t look up and that makes stompees too powerful, now let’s ignore people grappling onto strand balls and flying through the air at Mach 10.”

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 11, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I mean they can say whatever they want to say about why they're doing it, but the real reason is that it's at the top of this list and so it has to get nerfed

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean they can say whatever they want to say about why they're doing it, but the real reason is that it's at the top of this list and so it has to get nerfed

* ignores YAS * lmfao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

If controller players are incapable of pressing up on the right analog stick, why not nerf heat rises? Or fix warlock snap movement? Or nerf any other movement exotic? Why can’t they just straight up say “we want hunters to use a different exotic?”
I mean, they basically did.

quote:

We want ST0MP-EE5 to have a strong fantasy, but permanent uptime for potent movement benefits that make targeting Hunters in PvP very difficult on controller ends up making it too automatic of a choice, even with the prior airborne effectiveness changes. We’re undoing that change, but tackling the uptime to try and make it so you can use it to ambush or escape from an engagement, but not both.

It's a specific pain point for controllers, but it's ultimately because it's a very strong exotic choice that is basically a no-brainer. Heat Rises or "Snap Movement" from Warlocks is not an issue because the former requires using a specific aspect and eating your grenade, the latter requires a specific aspect and has a cooldown.

Titans also just saw a small snap movement nerf with the melees using up energy even on wiffs.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
What other movement exotic makes you give up an ability to use it? Also, as a controller player, I have never had an issue with stomps.

Edit:

If having to look up in PvP is too difficult or oppressive to you, maybe PvP isn’t for you.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 11, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

What other movement exotic makes you give up an ability to use it? Also, as a controller player, I have never had an issue with stomps.

other movement exotics are limited in scope:

dunemarchers is only for sprinting
lion rampant is only for lift
peacekeepers is only for smgs
transversive steps is only for sprinting
astrocyte verse is only for blink

meanwhile, stompees buffs sprint speed, slide distance, and all three jump types

stompees have deserved SOME kind of drawback for a hot minute and tying it to a short cooldown is not the end of the world

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
They should have just buffed all the other ones.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

They should have just buffed all the other ones.

in what way?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
In some super crazy ways that completely break the game. You know, for fun.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bleck posted:

In some super crazy ways that completely break the game. You know, for fun.

everyone always says this until those gosh danged 'sweats' start using it against them

then it's all 'ugh bungie what the heck why did I die because my teammate got meleed across the map fix your broken game'

'uuugh I finally almost got a kill but then the hunter dodged and got their health back and killed me instead? that's not fair'

'I shot a titan and then they got wallhacks and killed me and got all their health back and an overshield and killed my teammates, punishing me for being bad bungie hates casual players'

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bring back twilight garrison and warlock blink

No one will notice the lag underneath all the players being intentionally impossible to hit

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Kith posted:

other movement exotics are limited in scope:

dunemarchers is only for sprinting
lion rampant is only for lift
peacekeepers is only for smgs
transversive steps is only for sprinting
astrocyte verse is only for blink

meanwhile, stompees buffs sprint speed, slide distance, and all three jump types

stompees have deserved SOME kind of drawback for a hot minute and tying it to a short cooldown is not the end of the world

Dunemarchers and Transversives both buff slide distance in addition to sprint and they have a third not-insignificant ability. It's lame that only one class doesn't get an always on go-fast exotic. Imo they should just have the jump effect turned off on dodge if they care that much.

The one I'm really surprised they didn't look at was PK's, they are by far the most stacked weapon exotic and I don't think anyone runs them in PvE. I assume the thinking is "it's only because smgs are meta and those are getting nerfed" but I don't think it'll be enough because of how overtuned. If like lucky pants did for HCs what PK's do for smgs nobody would take them off

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hackan Slash posted:

Dunemarchers and Transversives both buff slide distance in addition to sprint and they have a third not-insignificant ability.

sure, but that wasn't what the original point was about. everything on that list Does Something Else, my point was that the other classes don't have a one-stop shop for all of their movement tech needs

Hackan Slash posted:

It's lame that only one class doesn't get an always on go-fast exotic.

a lot of things in destiny are lame, like how only one class gets an always-on reload/swap speed exotic and only one class gets HOIL

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Perhaps they shouldn’t have made hunters have a lovely vertical jump compared to other classes that necessitated an exotic?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IMO Hunter jump could use a little bit of love, if only for the sake that it feels consistently the most annoying to do a few particular jumping puzzles on. I honestly do not get how you are supposed to make like one jump in Spire of the Watcher without stompees. Then there's one in Duality that gives me problems that I at least can usually solve with a lightweight weapon.

Hackan Slash posted:

Dunemarchers and Transversives both buff slide distance in addition to sprint and they have a third not-insignificant ability. It's lame that only one class doesn't get an always on go-fast exotic. Imo they should just have the jump effect turned off on dodge if they care that much.

I'm sure a bunch of warlocks would complain they don't have something like Stompees cause I've never once heard anyone mention putting on Transversives to make jumping puzzles easier.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I understand the stompees nerf. Airborne play is an important part of the game, always will be. Anyone complaining about Airborne Effectiveness is probably the exact same person it was designed to affect, the sort of person taking pinpoint shots from a sniper 40ft in the air. AE still needs tweaking but it's largely fine, and if you hate that it affects your aim in the air, then build into them iunno, that's the point.

Before the initial stompees change and AE and all that it was constant bitching about them. I don't blame Bungie for changing them, at all. It was frequently cited as a reason why hunters were unbeatable in Crucible. Now that's dumb, but Bungie felt it bad enough to respond.

Them being always on was the biggest issue, so having them be active when you have your dodge charge does make sense. They're still usable, just not nearly as good as they were. You don't get any dodge invis stompees wacky jump nonsense any more, but the amount of anger they seemed to elicit? Yeah it was kind of inevitable.

Anyway, lol at the trailer.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

To be fair to that list, it's about the use % more than the position at top of list - When something is >50% of all of a Class, it's hosed. Also anything at 30%, or even anything above 10% - Whilst 100/Number of Exotics is impossible (pvp vs pve., just generally an impossible balancing goal) you'd at least want it to be a 'reasonable' distribution of Classes between Elements and Exotics.

E: The most damning item on there is Stompees/Wormhusk - Two Y1 Exotics, and it shows that they've made SO MANY SINCE, and none of them are reliable/consistent/good (delete to taste) enough to surmount basic +movement or +health.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 11, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
For warlocks at least it's more of a case that there isn't anything better. Again why nerf the one thing people actually use instead of making other exotics more useable? Even with the melee range decrease I can't see that changing Ophidian's position on there much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

acumen posted:

For warlocks at least it's more of a case that there isn't anything better. Again why nerf the one thing people actually use instead of making other exotics more useable? Even with the melee range decrease I can't see that changing Ophidian's position on there much.

Oh sure - That's a worthwhile conversation on 'How powerful should an Exotic be?' Stompees/Wormhusk being S+ forever because they affect basic FPS mechanics is either a statement that they shouldn't, because you simply can't balance that, or any conditional effect that doesn't do that (and the list is very long here, let's use Bombardiers as an example) needs to be much better. I'm using Hunter examples purely because they're the ones I know off the top of my head, but you can apply the same logic to the other two classes.

If they want other/conditional exotics to see play, they either need to make the conditions easy to achieve (probably a bad thing, as it'll just become a storm of it, if they want people to still primarily focus on gunplay), make the effect more potent when it does go off (so the payoff is worth the condition) OR simply try to avoid basic +run/+gun/+health/+shield effects on Exotics, because everything else gets warped around them.