Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Vegas Edmonton ending in a huge rear end fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Zelda day

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

There's a witchy lady wrestler in AEW? I'm down with mixing Stevie Knicks with elbow drops.

Julia Hart is super cool and has one of the best entrances in wrestling

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So had a weird moment of…bullying? I guess? This morning and it’s just so weird to me that I haven’t fully dealt with it mentally I guess.

So going back a couple years I’ve had this girl that I’d hook up with on and off. Pretty simple, no strings whatever. If she or I were dating someone we’d let the other know and it was fine. Happened a couple times for both of us.

I haven’t talked to her in a long while and I’ve recently started seeing someone and it’s gotten pretty serious (she’s great I really like her). The girl messages me this past weekend asking if I wanted to meet up. I’m honest with her and tell her that I’m seeing someone. NBD she says, good luck etc. Its happened before and all is good.

Or so I thought. This morning I wake up and I’m looking at Instagram and she has a story that shared for “just friends” or whatever. It’s green instead of the normal color - I guess it’s a setting so you can share a story that doesn’t go out to everyone. It’s a picture of her that says

“when your previous eff buddy suddenly gets a girlfriend and doesn’t want to meet up….doesn’t have anything to do with not having a job and 25-35+ lbs weight gain, right?? 😂 #justbehonest”

Like for one, I was being honest, two I have a job now and three yeah I’ve definitely put on weight but what an all around lovely thing to do.

Honestly I’m not even really upset about it I just feel sad I guess, because we’re adults and that’s some HS level poo poo right there. I’m assuming she didn’t think I’d be able to see it because of the setting she put on it, or maybe she did and that just makes it worse. I’m also assuming that it’s not some other guy as well because well, it’s obviously not.

Do I address it? Let it go? My first reaction was to message her and tell her I could see it. But now I feel like the better “move” is to just delete/block her and not say anything and just go on about my life.

That said I do need to get in better shape tho, I have met myself go.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’d just block her and not say anything because she sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

So had a weird moment of…bullying? I guess?

Aw man, that’s really really lovely. Sorry dude.

100% she feels rejected and is lashing out by cutting you down. People who actually like and care about you won’t do that. This is about her insecurity and she’s trying to create some for you in retaliation.

In short:

Ehud posted:

I’d just block her and not say anything because she sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

Also, like yeah get back into shape or whatever, but don’t take it so hard because this rear end in a top hat decided to make fun of you for having a tough little run. Good people don’t do that and the person you’re dating chose to be with you as you are.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Do I address it? Let it go? My first reaction was to message her and tell her I could see it. But now I feel like the better “move” is to just delete/block her and not say anything and just go on about my life.

Good living is the best revenge. If she still follows you go full poster with sappy romantic pics and dope poo poo you're doing.

If I wasn't phone posting I'd post an example of a cool selfie I took with the statue of Dionysus in the Vatican Museum because I am living it up in Italy. And yes I went to La Enzo.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
In the words of Elsa, Let it go.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just removed her as a friend, didn’t block her. My profile is on private so if she looked me up she wouldn’t see anything anyway.

I’m not beating myself up over it or anything, I guess I’m just disappointed. I am gonna use it as motivation to get back in shape though.

Thanks y’all

e: o poo poo Zelda tonight

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 11, 2023

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Maybe I'm reading it unreasonably charitably, but it almost sounds like she's talking about herself? Either way, yeah, extremely lovely thing to do. :confused:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fifty Three posted:

Maybe I'm reading it unreasonably charitably, but it almost sounds like she's talking about herself? Either way, yeah, extremely lovely thing to do. :confused:

She has a job and definitely hasn’t gained weight. She’d been posting recently about how she’s been going to some new gym and happy with her results.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Oh well then lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The sheer number of crypto billboards everywhere is depressing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neil Armbong posted:

In the words of Dr. Henry Jones, Senior, Indiana, let it go.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Even if those things were true, she still wanted to gently caress you. Not sure how that story or whatever they call it is supposed to paint her in a good light.

“Oh yeah I’m doing great, but I can’t even get a fat jobless loser to gently caress me” isn’t quite the own she thinks it is. I’d just feel bad for her. Obviously some self esteem issues and she’s trying to paint you with the same brush. Who cares what she thinks?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
this thread is weird

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

this thread is weird

Have you gained weight recently?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pre-installed last night, baybeee

Fifty Three posted:

This was my read, too, until the Joey clarification. It's a real weird framing if it's supposed to be "the person I used to hook up with is worse off by these metrics, and that is the reason he's now lying about having a girlfriend to avoid hooking up with me".

Anyway, 100% agree on mute, unfollow, move on. She wants to be the main character of this, and engaging with it in any way is just going to be throwing gasoline on the fire.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Have you gained weight recently?

I have. I'm pretty sure it's based on meds I'm taking, which is unfortunate because I need them for my brain. I've been running a caloric deficit and still gaining weight.

I'm experimenting with a modified alternate day fasting plan this week. Maintenance calories one day, 500 calories the next, back and forth. I don't know what I'm expecting. I'm sort of naively hoping my metabolism is just screwed up and somehow this helps...?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Panthers/Kraken Stanley Cup would be great.

Meanwhile in the NBA… uh, let's go Heat/Nuggets.

At some point the suns will run out of opponents also without titles and then they'll be the only scrappy underdog left in the NBA

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about Zelda

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Pre-installed last night, baybeee
I'll be praying to the Amazon gods to arrive early on Friday and release me from my half day of work :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

Even if those things were true, she still wanted to gently caress you. Not sure how that story or whatever they call it is supposed to paint her in a good light.

“Oh yeah I’m doing great, but I can’t even get a fat jobless loser to gently caress me” isn’t quite the own she thinks it is. I’d just feel bad for her. Obviously some self esteem issues and she’s trying to paint you with the same brush. Who cares what she thinks?

I guess I didn’t really think about it that way. It’s also weird that we had that conversation on Saturday and didn’t post anything about it until last night. Guess she was stewing for a bit.

I’m gonna move past it, thanks y’all for the advice

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah, women are dicks too. gently caress her. I mean, don’t, but yeah.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I guess I didn’t really think about it that way. It’s also weird that we had that conversation on Saturday and didn’t post anything about it until last night. Guess she was stewing for a bit.

I’m gonna move past it, thanks y’all for the advice

Comedy option: it was her other fuckbuddy

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I read that as she was one without a job and gained the weight, like you thought she gained weight and was too good for her, like you were acting all snobbish. Because in like what world would someone be like "naw, don't wanna hit cause I don't have a job..."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Qwijib0 posted:

At some point the suns will run out of opponents also without titles and then they'll be the only scrappy underdog left in the NBA

Ah, yes, Kevin Durant, the scrappiest little boy in the league

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm an incredible hater so seeing Chris Paul go a career without a title would be :lol:.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My boss gave me tomorrow off because I'm traveling next week to PA and NY (returning Saturday). :woop: Not sure what to do with this unexpected gain.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I read that as she was one without a job and gained the weight, like you thought she gained weight and was too good for her, like you were acting all snobbish. Because in like what world would someone be like "naw, don't wanna hit cause I don't have a job..."

I think it’s implying he’s lying to avoid facing low confidence stuff, but in all honesty it’s funny that she admitted publicly that a “fat loser” (her implied words, not mine) wouldn’t gently caress her.

Just a stunning own-goal.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thinking about Zelda

I’m a 37 year old adult calling in sick tomorrow to play a dang video game

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My boss gave me tomorrow off because I'm traveling next week to PA and NY (returning Saturday). :woop: Not sure what to do with this unexpected gain.

Zelda

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thaddius the Large posted:

Smart man

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

I already had the day off because of some dental work so I was like hey bonus my mouth will hurt but at least I’ll get to play for a bit.

My dentist called a bit ago saying they need to reschedule so now I just have the whole day off

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thinking about Zelda

https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1656631224289447936?t=Eb2G46Zocfp-29AAAfKhLQ&s=19

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

lol at 9.75/10. I assume they do it in quarter-point chunks so it's actually a 41 point rating scale, but I do like the idea of giving a video game a score to the nearest 0.01

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/stealth40k/status/1656652871176257537?s=46

so there isn’t just one main character

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I wonder if the reviewer who dared give it a 9/10 is going to be horribly harassed over it. I remember that happening to reviewers of previous Zelda games giving them less than perfect scores.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cant bully someone who has all the power. You already rejected her. Why let a defense mechanism for her insecurity make you feel bullied? Cyber bullied at that. gently caress that lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If anyone hasn't seen it, set aside some time to catch this fun romp in Theatres in August

https://twitter.com/neonrated/status/1656690709892612096