Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's a shoe-in, they've set up too well that we're going to Garlemald next after we finish up our business in Ala Mhigo and Othard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Hogama posted:

It's a shoe-in, they've set up too well that we're going to Garlemald next after we finish up our business in Ala Mhigo and Othard.

The Corvos expansion we’ve all been waiting for!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Kheldarn posted:

Both moons were.

…Okay, so comedy has this thing with the rule of threes…

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Meracydia is gonna be weird as its gonna put FF14 in direct competition with WoW again over somewhat similar expansion premises (going to the dragon isles / continent)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

Meracydia is gonna be weird as its gonna put FF14 in direct competition with WoW again over somewhat similar expansion premises (going to the dragon isles / continent)

It turns out all the dragons are dead and Meracydia is just Catgirl Island now.

Instead we'll head west to the New World. The Mamool'ja will have their day in the sun!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

What American accent will the New World use

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

bostonian

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Minnesotan, doncha know?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oneiros posted:

bostonian

I couldn't decide between this or jersey.

The Uber elephants use an inexplicable southern accent in my head canon

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
So I'm recently trying to get back into the swing of healing with WHM, since from what I recall thats the healer that has always resonated better with me compared to SCH and AST. Are there any fast and ready tips for things like targeting setups? I'd imagine mouse over macros would work well for OGC heals, but I've never really tried using macros much before and my limited experience tells me they're real finicky.

Are there any menu options squirreled away somewhere that would make target swapping easier, or do things like automatically direct my spells to my target's target when applicable rather than defaulting to myself? I've already tried experimenting some with using Focus Target, but it's something I'm still unfamiliar with so I had a lot of hiccups last dungeon run (kept accidentally healing myself rather than the tank, was also pretty worn out).

By the way, last time I did any semi-serious healing was leveling WHM to 60 pre Stormblood. Oh, and I'm also playing on PS5 with mouse and keyboard.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

People keep wanting to go to Meracydia but they never suggest what expansion-worthy story they think is there, besides dragon loving

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Prude

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I couldn't decide between this or jersey.

The Uber elephants use an inexplicable southern accent in my head canon

aren't the elephants voiced already

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Ultra-high tech Cajun Blue Mage chameleon dudes.

FuturePastNow posted:

People keep wanting to go to Meracydia but they never suggest what expansion-worthy story they think is there, besides dragon loving

Doesn't the religion based around Sephirot have its roots there? Could be all kinds of cool body horror poo poo going on.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just want to see what the tree guys and lizard centaurs are up to

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

FuturePastNow posted:

It's Fantasy Australia, what else do you need? poo poo, I don't even care about the dragons and I wanna go there more than anywhere else.

I've also seen people suggest that it'd be really good for stuff based on Bikanel from FFX. Desert full of buried, batshit crazy tech.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FuturePastNow posted:

drat a whole continent with several teases and bits of lore connected to it but broad enough they could write literally anything and do something new? Why would anyone want that?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zeruel posted:

aren't the elephants voiced already

In MSQ, yes. That specific group of elephants? Don't think so.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The WoL crosses paths with those hilariously stereotypical Not-Native-Americans from the Blue Mage flashbacks and they go "EYYYYY YO I'M WALKIN' HERE, WHATSAMATTA WIT YOU????"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I remember wondering if the hippo riders did the whole “translate their dialogue from an Osakan accent into a Southern twang” thing that anime dubs did/do

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I remember wondering if the hippo riders did the whole “translate their dialogue from an Osakan accent into a Southern twang” thing that anime dubs did/do

Molly from the dic dub of Sailor Moon will always be a highlight of thiswrong accent poo poo

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

We've had one expansion about how loving dragons is good and proper. Now let's explore further.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Stormblood LP Post-Game Begins with some really dark plot and also somehow the lightest, most swashbuckling adventure for a while.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

hopeandjoy posted:

I pretty much open anything I’m new at with a “o/ first time here” or “o/ first time tanking this”. (The later is if I have run it before but I’ve never tanked it and I’m nervous.) I’ve never had anyone snippy about it.

Pro tip: always do this even if you have done this before. a harmless lie is good if it makes people not mad at me

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

goblin week posted:

Pro tip: always do this even if you have done this before. a harmless lie is good if it makes people not mad at me

it's pretty rare for someone to get aggro at a known sprout tank single pulling but it does happen. if it does just ignore them because they're assholes. if it gets egregious (unlikely, but not unknown) please use the report function for harassment

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Keeping largely to the menu order, dipping into the Melee now. These are gonna be the messiest, but only because there's three sets to cover and they didn't group the jobs by their armor on the list.

Link back to A Realm Reborn through Shadowbringers job histories, that post has further links to all the individual jobs. I'll also provide direct links from the Job names.
Endwalker Fending changes.

STRIKING!
As it is still fully relevant for melee jobs, ranged Weaponskills no longer interrupt action combos as a rule.

Monk

Actions and Traits posted:

1 - Bootshine (potency 180, Leaden Fist potency 280, Opo-opo Form Bonus: guarantees a critical hit. Changes Form to Raptor for 30 seconds) - potency reduced from 200, Leaden Fist potency reduced from 370, Opo-opo Form Bonus changed from "guarantees critical damage when dealt to the target's rear", and Form duration increased from 15 seconds, Greased Lightning (Trait, reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 5%)
4 - True Strike (potency 270, can only be executed in Raptor Form; changes Form to Couerl for 30 seconds) - removed potency when dealt to the target's rear, Form duration increased from 15 seconds, recast time reduced from 2.5 seconds
6 - Snap Punch (potency 220, or 280 when dealt to the target's flank, can only be executed in Couerl Form; changes Form to Opo-opo for 30 seconds) - potency reduced from 270, potency when dealt to the target's flank reduced from 300, Form duration increased from 15 seconds
8 - Second Wind (Role Action, cure potency 500 to self, 120 second recast time)
10 - Leg Sweep (Role Action, stuns target for 3 seconds, 40 second recast time)
12 - Bloodbath (Role Action, converts a portion of physical damage dealt into HP for 20 seconds, 90 second recast time)
15 - Meditation (opens a Chakra, up to five Chakra can be opened at once; opens all five chakra when used outside of combat. Triggers the cooldown of Weaponskills upon execution; conversely, execution of Weaponskills triggers the cooldown of this action., 1 second recast time ※Action changes to Steel Peak when all five chakra are open) - moved from level 54, added "※Action changes to The Forbidden Chakra when all five chakra are open." , Steel Peak (potency 180, can only be executed while in combat and under the effect of the Fifth Chakra. The five chakra close upon execution. 1 second recast time, shares a recast timer with Howling Fist. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - new Ability added
18 - Twin Snakes (potency 250, can only be executed in Raptor Form, grants Disciplined Fist for 15 seconds. Disciplined Fist effect: increases damage dealt by +10%; changes Form to Couerl for 30 seconds) - potency increased from 230, removed potency when dealt to the target's flank, changed additional effect from "increases damage dealt by 10%" (making it a different status effect so it can be granted by other skills, basically), Form duration increased from 15 seconds
20 - Enhanced Greased Lightning (Trait, reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 10%)
22 - Feint (Role Action, lowers target's physical damage dealt by 10% and magical damage dealt by 5% for 10 seconds, 90 second recast time) - effect changed from "lowers target's strength and dexterity by 10%"
26 - Arm of the Destroyer (potency 100 to all nearby enemies, Opo-opo Form potency 110; changes Form to Raptor for 30 seconds) - potency reduced from 110, Opo-opo Form potency reduced from 140, Form duration increased from 15 seconds
30 - Demolish (potency 40, or potency 100 when dealt to the target's rear, + potency 70 for 18 seconds, or 420 total, can only be executed in Couerl Form; changes Form to Opo-opo for 30 seconds) - potency reduced from 80, potency when dealt to the target's rear reduced from 110, dot potency reduced from 80, or 480 total, Form duration increased from 15 seconds, Rockbreaker (potency 130 to all nearby enemies, can only be executed in Couerl Form; changes Form to Opo-opo for 30 seconds) - potency reduced from 150, Form duration increased from 15 seconds
32 - Arm's Length (Role Action, creates a barrier nullifying knockback and draw-in effects for 6 seconds. Additional Effect: Slow +20% for 15 seconds when barrier is struck. 120 second recast time)
35 - Thunderclap (rushes to a targeted enemy's or party member's location, cannot be used while bound; 20y range, 30 second recast time. Maximum Charges: 2) - added Ability
38 - Deep Meditation (Trait, grants an 80% chance that a chakra will open upon dealing critical damage with a Weaponskill) - moved from level 62
40 - Howling Fist (potency 100 to all enemies in a straight line before you, can only be executed while in combat and under the effect of the Fifth Chakra. The five chakra close upon execution. 1 second recast time, shares a recast timer with Steel Peak) - added Ability, Enhanced Greased Lightning II (Trait, reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 15%)
42 - Mantra (increases HP recovery via healing actions by +10% for self and nearby party members for 15 seconds, 90 second recast time)
45 - Four-point Fury (potency 120 to all nearby enemies, can only be executed while in Raptor Form, grants Disciplined Fist for 15 seconds. Disciplined Fist effect: increases damage dealt by +10%; changes Form to Couerl for 30 seconds) - potency reduced from 140, changed additional effect from "extends Twin Snakes duration by 10 seconds to a maximum of 15 seconds", Form duration increased from 15 seconds
50 - Perfect Balance (grants 3 stacks of Perfect Balance for 20 seconds, each stack allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; can only be executed while in combat. 40 second recast time. Maximum Charges: 2) - now learned by Monk, stacks amount reduced from 6, duration increased from 15 seconds, added "can only be executed while in combat", added "Maximum Charges: 2", reduced recast time from 90 seconds, Dragon Kick (potency 290, Opo-opo Form bonus: grants Leaden Fist for 30 seconds; changes Form to Raptor for 30 seconds) - now learned by Pugilist, potency increased from 230, removed potency when dealt to target's flank, Form duration increased from 15 seconds, True North (Role Action, nullifies all positional requirements for 15 seconds, 90 second recast time. Maximum Charges: 2)
52 - Form Shift (grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additonal effects associated with the executed action will also be applied) - duration increased from 15 seconds
54 - The Forbidden Chakra (potency 310, can only be executed under the effect of Fifth Chakra; the five chakras close upon execution, 1 second recast time, shares a recast timer with Howling Fist. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency reduced from 340, now shares a recast timer with Howling Fist below level 74, Steel Peak Mastery (Trait, upgrades Steel Peak to The Forbidden Chakra) - added Trait
60 - Masterful Blitz (strike the enemy with a technique fueled by the power of your Beast Chakra. The technique used is determined by the number of different types of Beast Chakra opened. 1 Beast Chakra Type: Elixir Field. 2 Beast Chakra Types: Celestial Revolution. 3 Beast Chakra Types: Flint Strike. 3 Beast Chakra Types and Both Nadi: Tornado Kick) - added Weaponskill, Elixir Field (delivers an attack to all nearby enemies with a potency of 600 for the first enemy, and 70% less for all remaining enemies, opens the Lunar Nadi; grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additional effects associated with the executed action will also be applied. Can only be executed while under the effect of three of the same Beast Chakra. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - type changed to Weaponskill from Ability, moved from level 56, additional effects revamped, recast time reduced from 30 seconds, Celestial Revolution (potency 450, opens the Lunar Nadi. If the Lunar Nadi is already open, opens the Solar Nadi instead; grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additional effects associated with the executed action will also be applied. Can only be executed while under the effect of three Beast Chakra. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - added Weaponskill, Flint Strike (delivers an attack to all nearby enemies with a potency of 600 for the first enemy, and 70% less for all remaining enemies, opens the Solar Nadi; grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additional effects associated with the executed action will also be applied. Can only be executed while under the effect of three of distinct Beast Chakra. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - added Weaponskill, Tornado Kick (delivers an attack to target and all enemies nearby it with a potency of 850 for the first enemy, and 50% less for all remaining enemies; grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additional effects associated with the executed action will also be applied. Can only be executed while under the effect of Lunar Nadi and Solar Nadi, as well as three Beast Chakra. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - type changed to Weaponskill from Ability, attack changed from "potency 400", additional effects revamped, recast time reduced from 45 seconds, Enhanced Perfect Balance (Trait, when under the effect of Perfect Balance, grants Beast Chakra in accordance with the Form normally required to execute Weaponskills. Weaponskills requiring Opo-opo Form grant Opo-opo Chakra. Weaponskills requiring Coeurl Form grant Coeurl Chakra. Weaponskills requiring Raptor Form grant Raptor Chakra) - added Trait
64 - Riddle of Earth (grants 3 stacks of Riddle of Earth for 10 seconds, each stack reducing damage taken by 20%; effect ends when time expires or upon execution of three Weaponskills; 30 second recast time. Maximum Charges: 3) - damage reduction increased from 10%, removed "and nullifying all action direction requirements"
68 - Riddle of Fire (increases damage dealt by 15% for 20 seconds; 60 second recast time) damage increase reduced from 25%, recast time reduced from 90 seconds
70 - Brotherhood (grants Brotherhood and Meditative Brotherhood to self and all nearby party members for 15 second. Brotherhood effect: increases damage dealt by 5%. Meditative Brotherhood effect: 20% chance you open a chakra when you or party members under this effect successfully land a Weaponskill or cast a Spell. 120 second recast time) -adjusted the wording, recast time increased from 90 seconds
72 - Riddle of Wind (reduces auto-attack delay by 50% for 15 seconds, 90 second recast time) - added Ability
74 - Enlightenment (potency 170 to all enemies in a straight line before you, can only be executed under the effect of Fifth Chakra; the five chakras close upon execution, shares a recast timer with The Forbidden Chakra, 1 second recast time) - potency reduced from 220, Deep Meditation II (Trait, guarantees that a chakra will open upon dealing critical damage with a Weaponskill), Howling Fist Mastery (Trait, upgrades Howling Fist to Enlightenment) - added Trait
76 - Enhanced Greased Lightning III (Trait, reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 20%; also improves Disciplined Fist's damage increase to 15%) - added "also improves Disciplined Fist's damage increase to 15%"
78 - Anatman (extends the duration of Disciplined Fist and your present Form to maximum and halts their expiration for 30 seconds; cancels auto-attack upon execution, effect ends upon using another action or moving (including facing another direction), triggers the cooldown of Weaponskill upon execution, cannot be executed during the cooldown of Weaponskills. 60 second recast time) - changed effect from Twin Snakes to Disciplined Fist
80 - Six-sided Star (potency 500, increases movement speed for 5 seconds. This Weaponskill does not share a recast timer with any other actions. Upon execution, the recast timer for this action will be applied to all other Weaponskills and Magic actions; 4 second recast time) - potency decreased from 540
82 - Shadow of the Destroyer (potency 110 to all nearby enemies, Opo-opo Form bonus: guarantees a critical hit; changes Form to Raptor for 30 seconds), Arm of the Destroyer Mastery (Trait, upgrades Arm of the Destroyer to Shadow of the Destroyer)
84 - Enhanced Thunderclap (Trait, Thunderclap now has Maximum Charges: 3), Melee Mastery (increases the potency of Bootshine to 210, True Strike to 300, Snap Punch to 250, or 310 when dealt to the target's flank, Twin Snakes to 280, Demolish to 70, or 130 when dealt to the target's rear, Dragon Kick to 320, The Forbidden Chakra to 340, and Six-sided Star to 550)
86 - Rising Phoenix (delivers an attack to all nearby enemies with a potency of 700 for the first enemy, and 70% less for all remaining enemies, opens the Solar Nadi; grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additional effects associated with the executed action will also be applied. Can only be executed while under the effect of three of distinct Beast Chakra. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar), Flint Strike Mastery (Trait, upgrades Flint Strike to Rising Phoenix)
88 - Enhanced Brotherhood (Trait, guarantees that a chakra will open when you are under the effect of Meditative Brotherhood and execute a Weaponskill or cast a Spell)
90 - Phantom Rush (delivers an attack to target and all enemies nearby it with a potency of 1,000 for the first enemy, and 50% less for all remaining enemies; grants Formless Fist to self for 30 seconds, allowing the execution of a Weaponskill that requires a certain Form, without being in that Form; any additional effects associated with the executed action will also be applied. Can only be executed while under the effect of Lunar Nadi and Solar Nadi, as well as three Beast Chakra. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar), Tornado Kick Mastery (Trait, upgrades Tornado Kick to Phantom Rush)

Fists of Earth removed from level 15, Fists of Wind removed from level 34, Shoulder Tackle removed from level 35, Fists of Fire removed from level 40, Enhanced Tackle Trait removed from level 66, and Enhanced Fists of Fire Trait removed from level 72.
The supermassive Monk update... after the already sizeable bandage in Shadowbringers! It's close to being a whole-on remake, really, with the de-emphasis on positionals and tying numerous old abilities into the Masterful Blitz system. Still, it's not unrecognizable, and everything is filtered through what was already the core of the job - you just build up to the biggest hits now instead of only tossing in oGCDs. You can actually use Tornado Kick in a standard rotation (before level 90)! So now that they've got a shiny new gimmick for Monk, will they be able to throw in many more bells and whistles?

6.05 - Arm of the Destroyer now grants Raptor Chakra even when missing a target while under the effect of Perfect Balance.
Rockbreaker now grants Opo-opo Chakra even when missing a target while under the effect of Perfect Balance.
Four-point Fury now grants Coeurl Chakra even when missing a target while under the effect of Perfect Balance.
Shadow of the Destroyer now grants Raptor Chakra even when missing a target while under the effect of Perfect Balance.
Elixir Field now grants Lunar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.
Flint Strike now grants Solar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.
Rising Phoenix now grants Solar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.

6.08 - Phantom Rush potency increased to 1,150 from 1,000

6.1 - Perfect Balance can no longer be executed while under the effect of any Beast Chakra.

6.2 - General systems change: When executing actions that are guaranteed to land a critical hit or direct hit, they will now deal increased damage based on the direct hit rate and critical hit rate attributes.

6.3 - Riddle of Earth's effect has been changed to "reduces damage taken by 20% for 10 seconds" from "grants 3 stacks of Riddle of Earth for 10 seconds, each stack reducing damage taken by 20%", added "grants Earth's Reply (gradually restores HP at cure potency 100 for 15 seconds, or 500 total) if damage is taken while Riddle of Earth is active", removed action charges, increased recast time to 120 seconds from 30 seconds.

6.4 - Mantra's effect radius increased to 30y from 15y.
Brotherhood's effect radius increased to 30y from 15y.

Some QoL changes, a bit of extra potency, and a few mechanical tweaks, but the extensive work they put into Monk seems to have paid off in getting the job more or less where they want it for now. There's always opportunity for that to change down the line, naturally.

https://i.imgur.com/Utg1Sxi.mp4

Samurai

Actions and Traits posted:

(Kenki gauge isn't activated until gaining the Kenki Mastery Trait at level 52, and even then it's only on the Sen generating Weaponskills (and Enpi and Third Eye) until gaining the Kenki Mastery II Trait at level 62 when ALL the Weaponskills besides Iaijutsu generate additional Kenki Gauge. For ease of reference, the numbers that skills generate at 52/62+ will be noted)
1 - Hakaze (potency 150, increases Kenki Gauge by 0/5) - potency reduced from 200
4 - Jinpu (potency 100, or combo after Hakaze for potency 250, combo bonus: grants Fugetsu for 40 seconds; Fugetsu effect: increases damage dealt by 10%. Increases Kenki Gauge by 0/5) - combo potency reduced from 320, combo bonus updated with the new multi-sourced buff
6 - Third Eye (reduces the amount of damage taken by the next attack within 3 seconds by 10%; (at level 52+, increases Kenki Gauge by 10 when hit,) 15 second recast time) -effect changed from "grants Eyes Open for 15 seconds when hit"
8 - Second Wind (Role Action, cure potency 500 to self, 120 second recast time)
10 - Leg Sweep (Role Action, stuns target for 3 seconds, 40 second recast time)
12 - Bloodbath (Role Action, converts a portion of physical damage dealt into HP for 20 seconds, 90 second recast time)
15 - Enpi (20y ranged attack, potency 100, increases Kenki Gauge by 5/10) - range increased from 15y
18 - Shifu (potency 100, or combo after Hakaze for potency 250, combo bonus: grants Fuka for 40 seconds; Fuka effect: reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, Spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 10%. Increases Kenki Gauge by 0/5) - combo potency reduced from 320, combo bonus updated with the new multi-sourced buff
22 - Feint (Role Action, lowers target's physical damage dealt by 10% and magical damage dealt by 5% for 10 seconds, 90 second recast time) - effect changed from "lowers target's strength and dexterity by 10%"
26 - Fuga (potency 90 to all enemies in a cone before you, increases Kenki Gauge by 0/5; 140 TP) - potency reduced from 100
30 - Gekko (potency 100 (150 when dealt to the target's rear), or combo after Jinpu for potency 320 (370 when dealt to the target's rear), combo bonus: increases Kenki Gauge by 5/10 and grants Getsu Sen) - skill has been completely revamped, Iaijutsu (executes a Weaponskill depending on current number of Sen stored in Sen Gauge. 1 Sen = Higanbana, 2 Sen = Tenka Goken, 3 Sen = Midare Setsugekka. 1.8 second cast time), Higanbana (potency 200 + potency 30 for 60 seconds, or potency 600 total. 1.8 second cast time. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency reduced from 250 and dot potency reduced from 40, or 800 total
32 - Arm's Length (Role Action, creates a barrier nullifying knockback and draw-in effects for 6 seconds. Additional Effect: Slow +20% for 15 seconds when barrier is struck. 120 second recast time)
35 - Mangetsu (attacks all nearby enemies for potency 100, or combo after Fuga for potency 110, combo bonus: grants Fugetsu for 40 seconds; Fugetsu effect: increases damage dealt by 10%. Combo bonus: increases Kenki Gauge by 5/10 and grants Getsu Sen) - combo potency reduced from 160, combo bonus updated with the new multi-sourced buff
40 - Kasha (potency 100 (150 when dealt to the target's flank), or combo after Shifu for potency 320 (370 when dealt to the target's flank), combo bonus: increases Kenki Gauge by 5/10, and grants Ka Sen) - skill has been completely revamped, Tenka Goken (attacks all enemies in a cone before you for potency 280. 1.8 second cast time. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency reduced from 360
45 - Oka (attacks all nearby enemies for potency 100, or combo after Fuga for potency 110, combo bonus: grants Fuka for 40 seconds; Fuka effect: reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, Spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 10%. Combo bonus: increases Kenki Gauge by 5/10 and grants Ka Sen) - combo potency reduced from 160, combo bonus updated with the new multi-sourced buff
50 - Yukikaze (potency 100, or combo after Hakaze for potency 280, increases Kenki Gauge by 10/15, and grants Setsu Sen) - combo potency reduced from 360, Meikyo Shisui (for the next 15 seconds, execute up to 3 Weaponskill combos without meeting combo prerequisites; successfully landing Gekko grants Fugetsu for 40 seconds, successfully landing Kasha grants Fuka for 40 seconds. Fugetsu effect: increases damage dealt by 10%, Fuka effect: reduces Weaponskill cast time and recast time, Spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 10%. Does not affect Iaijutsu or Ogi Namikiri. 55 second recast time) - added "successfully landing Gekko grants Fugetsu for 40 seconds, successfully landing Kasha grants Fuka for 40 seconds", changed from "Does not affect Iaijutsu", Midare Setsugekka (potency 660, 1.8 second cast time. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency reduced from 800, True North (Role Action, nullifies all positional requirements for 15 seconds, 90 second recast time. Maximum Charges: 2)
52 - Hissatsu: Kaiten (for 10 seconds, increases potency of next Weaponskill by 50%. Costs 20 Kenki Gauge. 1 second recast time), Kenki Mastery (Trait, increases Kenki Gauge when landing select Weaponskills or when taking damage under the effect of Third Eye)
54 - Hissatsu: Gyoten (rushes target and delivers a potency 100 attack, cannot be executed while bound. Costs 10 Kenki Gauge. 10 second recast time)
56 - Hissatsu: Yaten (potency 100, 10y backstep, grants Enhanced Enpi for 15 seconds (Enhanced Enpi effect: Enpi's potency increased to 260), cannot be executed while bound. Costs 10 Kenki Gauge. 10 second recast time) - Enhanced Enpi potency reduced from 320
60 - Meditate (gradually increases your Kenki Gauge for 15 seconds, additionally grants stacks of Meditation when used in combat, up to a maximum of 3. Kenki Gauge not affected when used outside battle. Effect ends upon executing another action or moving. Cancels auto-attack upon execution. Triggers the cooldown of weaponskills upon execution. Cannot be executed during the cooldown of weaponskills. 60 second recast time)
62 - Hissatsu: Shinten (potency 270. Costs 25 Kenki Gauge, 1 second recast time) - potency reduced from 320, Kenki Mastery II (Trait, increases Kenki Gauge when landing all Weaponskills excluding Iaijutsu)
64 - Hissatsu: Kyuten (potency 110 to all nearby enemies. Costs 25 Kenki Gauge, 1 second recast time) - potency reduced from 150
68 - Hagakure (converts Setsu, Getsu, and Ka into Kenki. Each Sen converted increases your Kenki Gauge by 10. Can only be executed if under the effect of at least one of the three statuses. 5 second recast time), Ikishoten (increases Kenki Gauge by 50, can only be executed while in combat; 120 second recast time) - recast time increased from 60 seconds
70 - Hissatsu: Guren (attacks all enemies in a line before you for potency 500 for the first enemy, and 50% less for all remaining enemies. Costs 25 Kenki Gauge, 120 second recast time. Shares a recast timer with Hissatsu: Senei) - potency reduced from 850, added "50% less for all remaining enemies", Kenki Gauge cost reduced from 50
72 - Hissatsu: Senei (potency 800. Costs 25 Kenki Gauge, 120 second recast time. Shares a recast timer with Hissatsu: Guren) - potency reduced from 1,100, Kenki Gauge cost reduced from 50
74 - Enhanced Iaijutsu (Trait, reduces Iaijutsu cast time to 1.3 seconds)
76 - Tsubame-gaeshi (repeats the previously executed iaijutsu with increased potency. Can only be executed immediately following Iaijutsu. Triggers the cooldown of Weaponskills upon execution. Cannot be executed during the cooldown of Weaponskills. 1.3 second cast time, 60 second recast time), Kaeshi: Higanbana (potency 300 + potency 45 for 60 seconds, or potency 900 total. Effect cannot be stacked with Higanbana, 1.3 second cast time. Triggers the cooldown of Weaponskills upon execution. Cannot be executed during the cooldown of Weaponskills. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency decreased from 375, dot potency decreased from 60, or 1,200 total; removed "Grants a stack of Meditation, up to a maximum of 3.", Kaeshi: Goken (potency 420 to all enemies in a cone before you, 1.3 second cast time. Triggers the cooldown of Weaponskills upon execution. Cannot be executed during the cooldown of Weaponskills. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency reduced from 540, removed "Grants a stack of Meditation, up to a maximum of 3.", Kaeshi: Setsugekka (potency 990, 1.3 second cast time. Triggers the cooldown of Weaponskills upon execution. Cannot be executed during the cooldown of Weaponskills. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar) - potency reduced from 1,200, removed "Grants a stack of Meditation, up to a maximum of 3."
78 - Enhanced Fugetsu and Fuka (Trait, improves Fugetsu's damage increase to 13% and Fuka's reduction to weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay to 13%) - renamed from Jinpu and Shifu
80 - Shoha (potency 580, can only be executed after accumulating three stacks of Mediation by executing Iaijutsu, Meditate, or Ogi Namikiri while in combat. Meditation effect fades upon execution. Shares a recast timer with Shoha II; 15 second recast time) - potency increased from 400, added "shares a recast timer with Shoha II", Tsubame-gaeshi no longer provides stacks of Meditation. Players may instead execute Ogi Namikiri
82 - Shoha II (potency 200 to all nearby enemies, can only be executed after accumulating three stacks of Mediation by executing Iaijutsu, Meditate, or Ogi Namikiri while in combat. Meditation effect fades upon execution. Shares a recast timer with Shoha; 15 second recast time)
84 - Enhanced Tsubame-gaeshi (Trait, allows for the accumulation of charges for consecutive uses of Tsubame-gaeshi. Maximum Charges: 2)
86 - Fuko (potency 100 to all nearby enemies, increases Kenki Gauge by 10), Fuga Mastery (Trait, upgrades Fuga to Fuko) - not exactly a change from anything that made it to the live game, but this was going to be Hyosetsu at one point, which would have been a third combo off of Fuga that gave Setsu Sen like Yukikaze; presumably it was just not really needed for any fight designs and would have been a weirdly weak move for level 86
88 - Enhanced Meikyo Shisui (Trait, allows for the accumulation of charges for consecutive uses of Meikyo Shisui. Maximum Charges: 2)
90 - Ogi Namikiri (attacks all enemies in a cone before you for potency 800 to the first enemy, and 75% less for all remaining enemies; grants a stack of Meditation, up to a maximum of 3. Can only be executed while under the effect of Ogi Namikiri Ready. 1.3 second cast time ※Action changes to Kaeshi: Namikiri upon execution.), Kaeshi: Namikiri (instantly attacks all enemies in a cone before you for potency 1,200 to the first enemy, and 75% less for all remaining enemies; Triggers the cooldown of weaponskills upon execution. Cannot be executed during the cooldown of weaponskills. ※This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar), Enhanced Ikishoten (Trait, grants Ogi Namikiri Ready for 30 seconds upon successfully landing Ikishoten)

Merciful Eyes removed from level 58 and Hissatsu: Seigan removed from level 66, as the "Eyes Open" status from Third Eye was removed and they wanted to make some space from button bloat.
(Amusing trivia - the first pass of the updated player Guide accidentally did some extra translations in the "Revisions" for Meikyo Shisui - it mentions that "successfully landing Moonlight grants Fugetsu, and successfully landing Bloomshower grants Fuka.")
There's some consolidation going on to make the job less dependent on going through multiple single target combos to get its buffs up first thing, and Fuko synchronizes the AoE combo by changing the cone to a circle, but otherwise the name of the game is MORE. More Iaijutsu, more Meikyo Shisui, more Tsubame-gaeshi, more big drat slashes! Also, more positional damage (they're the same positionals since earlier, but now it's not just Kenki potency lost from not hitting them)! Losing Open Eyes is a bit of a shame for both soloing (sometimes you just need all the heals you can get) and working out Seigan usage in a fight, but it's still a fairly accepted move. The patches will be... more controversial.

6.05 - Higanbana range increased to 6y from 3y.
Kaeshi: Higanbana range increased to 6y from 3y.
Midare Setsugekka range increased to 6y from 3y.
Kaeshi: Setsugekka range increased to 6y from 3y.

6.08 - Hakaze potency increased to 180 from 150.
Jinpu combo potency increased to 280 from 250.
Shifu combo potency increased to 280 from 250.
Ogi Namikiri potency increased to 900 from 800.
Kaeshi: Namikiri potency increased to 1,350 from 1,200.

6.1 - Jinpu combo potency reduced to 260 from 280
Shifu combo potency reduced to 260 from 280
Gekko combo potency increased to 310 from 300, rear combo potency reduced to 360 from 370
Kasha combo potency increased to 310 from 300, flank combo potency reduced to 360 from 370
Third Eye duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds.
Higanbana dot potency increased to 45, or 900 total, from 30, or 600 total.
Mangetsu combo potency increased to 120 from 110.
Tenka Goken area of effect changed from a cone before you to all nearby enemies.
Oka combo potency increased to 120 from 110.
Midare Setsugekka potency reduced to 600 from 660, attack is now guaranteed to be a critical hit.
Meikyo Shisui no longer counts ranged Weaponskills toward its effect. i.e. doesn't count them as one of the 3 Weaponskill uses
Hissatsu: Shinten moved to level 52 from level 62, potency reduced to 250 from 270.
Hissatsu: Yaten activation time has been adjusted to match that of other backstep actions.
Hissatsu: Kyuten moved to level 62 from level 64.
Kaeshi: Higanbana potency reduced to 200 from 300.
Kaeshi: Goken potency reduced to 280 from 420 and area of effect changed from a cone before you to all nearby enemies.
Kaeshi: Setsugekka potency reduced to 600 from 990, attack is now guaranteed to be a critical hit.
Shoha potency reduced to 500 from 580.
Ogi Namikiri potency reduced to 800 from 900, attack is now guaranteed to be a critical hit.
Kaeshi: Namikiri potency reduced to 800 from 1,350; attack is now guaranteed to be a critical hit.

Removed 52 - Hissatsu: Kaiten
Added 66 - Way of the Samurai (Trait, increases Hakaze potency to 200, Jinpu base potency to 120 and combo potency to 280, and Shifu base potency to 120 and combo potency to 280)
Added 84 - Way of the Samurai II (Trait, increases Gekko potency to 120 (rear potency 170) and combo potency to 330 (rear combo potency to 380), Kasha potency to 120 (flank potency 170) and combo potency to 330 (flank combo potency to 380), and Yukikaze base potency to 120 and combo potency to 300)

6.11 - Midare Setsugekka potency increased to 640 from 600.
Kaeshi: Setsugekka potency increased to 640 from 600.
Shoha potency increased to 520 from 500.

6.2 - General systems change: When executing actions that are guaranteed to land a critical hit or direct hit, they will now deal increased damage based on the direct hit rate and critical hit rate attributes.
Tenka Goken potency increased to 300 from 280.
Hissatsu: Kyuten potency increased to 120 from 110.
Hissatsu: Guren potency reduction after the first target lowered to 25% from 50%.
Kaeshi: Goken potency increased to 300 from 280.

6.4 - Tenka Goken's effect radius increased to 8y from 5y.
Hissatsu: Senei potency increased to 860 from 800.
Kaeshi: Goken's effect radius increased to 8y from 5y.
Shoha potency increased to 560 from 520.
Ogi Namikiri potency increased to 860 from 800.
Kaeshi: Namikiri potency increased to 860 from 800.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but 6.1's removal of Hissatsu: Kaiten was profoundly unpopular. Not enough to have them immediately roll it back, mind, but outspokenly negative enough to prompt YoshiP to ask the community to dial back the vitriol. It even affected the patch plans - in a Live Letter afterwards, they've said they had plans to update Dragoon and Astrologian that they've pushed back to 7.0 rather than risk dealing with such negative feedback again in the middle of the patch cycle. Quite a reaction to the loss of one button. Well, speaking mechanically, not much else changed about Samurai beyond some more uniform AoE effects and numbers tweaking, the bulk to deal with the knock-on effect of not having Kaiten involved anymore. Not impossible we'll see another big shift come next expansion, but they're once bitten, twice shy about doing anything too fancy for the rest of the updates, most likely. Who knows?

https://i.imgur.com/HRpPo44.mp4

Lotta big and/or controversial changes for Striking in Endwalker! How do you like how new Monk handles? Was Kaiten a major issue for you, too? Thoughts on improvements to be made? And if neither of these melee suit you, don't worry, more are on the way later.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 21, 2024

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

removing kaiten was a crime

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Samurai already has way too many loving buttons. Removing Kaiten was the correct thing to do.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kheldarn posted:

Samurai already has way too many loving buttons. Removing Kaiten was the correct thing to do.

It wasn't removed because of the number of buttons they had, it was removed because of the number of button presses they make (particularly the number of dual-weaves they could require). If the issue is button count there are better things (like upgrading Shoha into Shoha II that does the same damage plus a fall off aoe).

Kaiten isn't even the correct button to remove if you need to remove a button from Samurai (which you did not), and they INTRODUCED buttons this expansion that they really didn't need to (the aforementioned Shoha II). In fact with the removal of Merciful Eyes and Shigan Samurai had the same number of buttons in Endwalker as Shadowbringers (lose 2, gain 2).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiten had very good 'gamefeel' which is reason enough for it to exist and losing it is a crime.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I liked how the sword spin into the sheath for the cast looked

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Blitzes are cool but the way they are implemented is awkward as hell, and they kinda broke the flow of monk which was one of the things I liked about it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The flow of MNK is much better now than it ever was in ShB. Just the fact that you never drop a combo after PB was worth the admission price, and the burst window is a lot more fun now than it used to be. Whenever I end up in LotA as MNK I get a taste of what the old rotation used to be like and I'm 100% glad that the new rotation is much smoother than it used to be.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Tekopo posted:

The flow of MNK is much better now than it ever was in ShB. Just the fact that you never drop a combo after PB was worth the admission price, and the burst window is a lot more fun now than it used to be. Whenever I end up in LotA as MNK I get a taste of what the old rotation used to be like and I'm 100% glad that the new rotation is much smoother than it used to be.

I hate needing to abruptly interrupt my regular plate spinning with three of the same type of input to get a lunar nadi, everything else is fine.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

But that's not different from old-style PB, which also had you interrupting your regular rotation with 3 of the same type of input (and probably you would want to do 6 of the same type of input in a row as well, IIRC). Doing DK -> BS -> DK (and BS -> DK -> BS) was the only way to use PB because it was a damage increase. This is also the reason why the blitz for solar nadi has more potency than the lunar one.

The issue was always there. Unless you used PB unoptimally before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The problem I have is that you need to use Perfect Balance 3 times, but it only has 2 charges, and the recast is too slow for one to be up by the time you finish getting your 2nd Nadi unlocked.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Tekopo posted:

But that's not different from old-style PB, which also had you interrupting your regular rotation with 3 of the same type of input (and probably you would want to do 6 of the same type of input in a row as well, IIRC). Doing DK -> BS -> DK (and BS -> DK -> BS) was the only way to use PB because it was a damage increase. This is also the reason why the blitz for solar nadi has more potency than the lunar one.

The issue was always there. Unless you used PB unoptimally before.

Apparently I was, and it ruled and was fun. In contrast to now, which sucks in comparison.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

But you don't really, because being able to do three nadis in a row doesn't fit any sort of burst window. The recharge on PB is designed so that naturally MNK has 1 nadi and 2 nadi burst windows. There's no need to use PB early just to do a Phantom Rush outside of a burst window.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Apparently I was, and it ruled and was fun. In contrast to now, which sucks in comparison.
How did you use PB? Just use it to do the standard combo? You can't really complain about the flow of the job if you weren't running the proper rotation. The prior rotation of MNK was really janky and bad, and the new one is really fun and loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I thought MNK was just Dragon Kick???