Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

96 Metascore based on 78 reviews

Game might be good????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Deceptive Thinker posted:

"Gfinity"? gave it a 6/10
FAIL

I skimmed over it and it's just someone who didn't like that Zelda moved away from the classic formula and is upset they doubled down on it rather than addressing the complaints of BotW.

If you liked the BotW gameplay loop this game is that turned up to 11. If you were disappointed about lack of real dungeons and a story told in flashbacks this game doesn't do much to attempt to address those complaints so you might agree with him.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Ho lee fook, the reviews are looking amazing.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

IGN 10
Nintendolife 10

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

GameSpot 10

Game informer 9.75

Weird, I wouldn’t rate any of those publications that highly.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

CJ posted:

I skimmed over it and it's just someone who didn't like that Zelda moved away from the classic formula and is upset they doubled down on it rather than addressing the complaints of BotW.

If you liked the BotW gameplay loop this game is that turned up to 11. If you were disappointed about lack of real dungeons and a story told in flashbacks this game doesn't do much to attempt to address those complaints so you might agree with him.

Boohooo, Zelda is supposed to be a very linear 8-dungeons-8-special-items affair, I can't believe they dared to make another game that offers freedom

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dictator. posted:

Boohooo, Zelda is supposed to be a very linear 8-dungeons-8-special-items affair, I can't believe they dared to make another game that offers freedom

There is always Twilight Princess HD for the Switch this year!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zelbah and the Big Pig

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dictator. posted:

I think it's more that people wanted the big labyrinth dungeons set in the world rather than the linear path between them. The temples in this game are at least themed differently, but they are still basically divine beasts 2.0 rather than full on dungeons.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I wish best buy still did midnight releases

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Digital Foundry review looks amazing. Sounds like the day 1 patch was crazy good for frame rates. It does still drop with Ultrahand though.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Nintendo presents The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 2023 Title Update 2.0: Tears of the Kingdom.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dictator. posted:

I find this formula really really comfy, I'd love if we got another 2d game that followed it like Link Between Worlds, kind of like how Mario had the New Super Mario games.

This game is good though, its got some of the best hair Link and Zelda have ever had. And like vehicles or something as well

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I can't wait to see all the neat things I can staple meat to via the ultra hand.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dictator. posted:

counterpoint: imagine if when you completed vah rudania in botw, you got a hookshot instead of a shield

honestly if all the champion abilities were like revali's, and offered better movement options, i think people wouldn't have been as annoyed about the lack of Dungeon Items(tm)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Shoehead posted:

I find this formula really really comfy, I'd love if we got another 2d game that followed it like Link Between Worlds, kind of like how Mario had the New Super Mario games.

This game is good though, its got some of the best hair Link and Zelda have ever had. And like vehicles or something as well

Strong disagree on Link's hair. Big downgrade from BotW.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

More like Bintendo because their games belong in the TRASH

The trash is my face and brain because I love them

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

ErrEff posted:

Nintendo presents The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 2023 Title Update 2.0: Tears of the Kingdom.

:shuckyes:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
My copy came in the mail and was waiting for me as I got home from work :cool: time to game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

junan_paalla posted:

My copy came in the mail and was waiting for me as I got home from work :cool: time to game

:argh:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I swear to god if Best Buy fucks up my pre-order again :blastu:

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
when I upgraded to an oled switch I never bothered to migrate my completed game save with a restored Tarrytown.

I guess one of the first things I'll need to do is find out where bolson is and have a dance.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Amazon hasn’t shipped my order yet so I’m not expecting to actually get the game until, like, Monday. If it doesn’t ship tonight I might cancel the order and go see if there are copies at my local GameStops. Targets, or Wal-Marts.

I’d like a physical copy for sure.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

CJ posted:

Whhat the gently caress

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Ogmius815 posted:

Amazon hasn’t shipped my order yet so I’m not expecting to actually get the game until, like, Monday. If it doesn’t ship tonight I might cancel the order and go see if there are copies at my local GameStops. Targets, or Wal-Marts.

I’d like a physical copy for sure.

Mine is technically in 'shipped' status with delivery scheduled by 10pm tomorrow and no location in the tracking info. I won't be able to really sink my teeth into the game until Saturday night because of my work schedule but that won't stop me from constantly eyeing the tracking info like an inpatient dumbass!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CJ posted:

get out. begone. perish like a cur

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

CJ posted:

I’m gonna fuse my fist to your face

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
gonna pick up my copy at the best buy i work tomorrow as soon as we open. But also try and see if it'll let me pick up the preorder when we close tonight maybe please come on

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

CJ posted:

:toughguy:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CJ posted:

this is somehow the most hosed up opinion ever posted in this thread

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Hair doesn't matter when you always have the Sheikah armor on for max stealth. Crouching to catch bugs is for suckers.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Just a general "gently caress you, but I am happy for you" to anyone that gets to play the game before I do

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
He looks like a caveman.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

CJ posted:

He looks like a caveman.

yeah, it owns

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I’m gonna fuse my fist to your face

I’m just going to continually select the fuse rune on my fist while slowly walking forward. If my fist gets fused to your face that’s not my fault.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ErrEff posted:

gonna be a lotta people breathlessly rushing in here to make the same lame joke today huh

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

CJ posted:

He looks like a caveman.

You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CJ posted:

He looks like a caveman.

There are three kinds of cavemen in popular culture:

1) Flintstones cavemen, basically just regular people in loincloths and poo poo
2) Dirty hairy huge eyebrow ridge cavemen like you see in "realistic" documentaries about prehistory and artist's reconstructions from Neanderthal skulls
3) Chiseled oiled big-haired cavemen, like a Boris Vallejo painting or Raquel Welsh in One Million Years BC

TOTK Link falls somewhere between 1 and 3, so not maximum possible thirst trap, but drat close.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Asterite34 posted:

There are three kinds of cavemen in popular culture:

1) Flintstones cavemen, basically just regular people in loincloths and poo poo
2) Dirty hairy huge eyebrow ridge cavemen like you see in "realistic" documentaries about prehistory and artist's reconstructions from Neanderthal skulls
3) Chiseled oiled big-haired cavemen, like a Boris Vallejo painting or Raquel Welsh in One Million Years BC

TOTK Link falls somewhere between 1 and 3, so not maximum possible thirst trap, but drat close.

totk link is chiseled oiled big-haired raquel welsh in a loincloth?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

If you go to the coordinates 420x420x420 you unlock Bayonetta hair caveman powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Gnossiennes posted:

totk link is chiseled oiled big-haired raquel welsh in a loincloth?

Well more in the sense that he's halfway between a regular person in somewhat caveman-ish clothes and that primitive Tarzan look.

For reference, Ganon is some combination of 2 and 3