Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Can that British missile hit the bridge?
Not that that’s necessarily the best use of it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The bridge is at extreme range from a launch point on the current front line. To avoid risking one of the (probably few) Su-24s modified to launch Storm Shadow they'll probably be launching from farther back and hitting closer targets.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Depends on what version they are getting I guess - the export version is only around 155 Miles but 350+ is being quoted for other versions. 350 would be plenty to hit the bridge from well behind the frontline.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

mllaneza posted:

The bridge is at extreme range from a launch point on the current front line. To avoid risking one of the (probably few) Su-24s modified to launch Storm Shadow they'll probably be launching from farther back and hitting closer targets.

Yeah
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1656612051668664320

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Sounds like a perfect time to re-up and come honk with us in Omist! :v:

gently caress I avoided Omist even back when we lived in Feythabolis.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Angel rats are the worst.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Baconroll posted:

Depends on what version they are getting I guess - the export version is only around 155 Miles but 350+ is being quoted for other versions. 350 would be plenty to hit the bridge from well behind the frontline.

Given that the export version is literally made for situations like this, probably the export version.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Telsa Cola posted:

Given that the export version is literally made for situations like this, probably the export version.

It's unknown how many of those exist. If they want to give plenty of them from existing stocks they will have to be the good ones

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Baconroll posted:

The Missile Technology Control Regime comes in to play here, and whether or not the UK Government wants to stick to the 300km/190mi limit for missile transfers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_Technology_Control_Regime

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rust Martialis posted:

DBRB: okay, everyone charge into that apartment. Go go go go. Wait it's boobytrapped. If you charged you're dead. Bark bark bark

I've definitely read some Telegram posts with the same energy as Goons talking about DBRB fleets.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Voyager I posted:

I've definitely read some Telegram posts with the same energy as Goons talking about DBRB fleets.

3 hours of waiting for everything to be ready and listening to a dog bark followed by, “ok Jump now!” Followed by your computer freezing for 30 minutes and then when it recovers you’re sitting in station in your clone?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Murgos posted:

3 hours of waiting for everything to be ready and listening to a dog bark followed by, “ok Jump now!” Followed by your computer freezing for 30 minutes and then when it recovers you’re sitting in station in your clone?

Gating from Delve all the way to Outer loving Passage to go hot drop on “four rorquals and a nyx” as per some “friendly intel”, then hearing “okay take the bridge take the bridge jump jump jump WAIT poo poo gently caress poo poo DONT JUMP DONT JUMP FUUUUUUUCK” because it was actually one rorqual and four nyxes was the most boat-rear end boat fleet I’ve ever been on.

Fuckin’ boat.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kazinsal posted:

Fuckin’ boat.

I had the "pleasure" of flying for SMASH for a year. Mars Volta made DBRB look like Chester loving Nimitz.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Atleast he wasnt makalu?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
What the gently caress is all this about

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Flyinglemur posted:

What the gently caress is all this about

Space spreadsheets

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

spankmeister posted:

Space spreadsheets

I wanna play

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

I wanna play

Do I hate you?

Yes. No.

Go play Eve. For the love of god do not play Eve.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
You really bloody don't. The time to play Eve was years back.

I found DBRB's enthusiasm admirable, but I'll be honest, I usually found the Goon fleets I attended to be unenjoyable. I even flew under Mittani once and just wanted to self-destruct.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Flyinglemur posted:

I wanna play

You shouldn't

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

one time i worked for someone who hated my loving guts because he was a carebear whose alliance had been thoroughly owned by goonswarm and when i mentioned that i read Let's Plays on Something Awful he assumed that i also played EVE

said person wound up firing me out of spite, causing four other developers to quit, and then torpedoed the project's community because he kept banning people who wanted to know what the gently caress was going on

also he was also a terminally online neo-nazi who was super into kekistani flags

wait this is the ukraine thread

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Antigravitas posted:

You really bloody don't. The time to play Eve was years back.

I found DBRB's enthusiasm admirable, but I'll be honest, I usually found the Goon fleets I attended to be unenjoyable. I even flew under Mittani once and just wanted to self-destruct.

First, D named posters suck.

Second, please don't play that game. It was interesting 10 years ago. They haven't done that much to improve things since then.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
eve is like, what if an mmo raid but with 300 people who haven't showered in 3 days instead of just 20 or 40 or w/e

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kith posted:

one time i worked for someone who hated my loving guts because he was a carebear whose alliance had been thoroughly owned by goonswarm and when i mentioned that i read Let's Plays on Something Awful he assumed that i also played EVE

said person wound up firing me out of spite, causing four other developers to quit, and then torpedoed the project's community because he kept banning people who wanted to know what the gently caress was going on

also he was also a terminally online neo-nazi who was super into kekistani flags

Like a real life job with salary and everything?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nessus posted:

Like a real life job with salary and everything?

yes.

also turns out that i've posted about him before:

Kith posted:

I will never forget working on a game that had a guy who styled himself as the "manager" that hated my loving guts because he learned that I had an SA account. He was an EVE Carebear that had been bullied by Goonfleet and blamed SA for "destroying" Star Citizen after he had invested six figures into it, so he got revenge on all of goon-dom by making the workplace so absurdly toxic that it caused four other people (out of six) to quit in protest over how I was being treated. He then torpedoed the community by banning anyone who asked why the development team nearly evaporated overnight.

Said guy also claimed to be a former marine that had somehow managed to get a dishonorable discharge from unloading a clip into his leg after completing basic. He showed up to meetings drunk and constantly bitched about the VA "screwing him for life".

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I played Eve Online for a grand total of about two minutes back when it first went free to play in like 2016(?), took one look at the interface and went "nope, not doing that", uninstalled it and haven't touched it since. That's my Eve Online story.

In actual Ukraine news, on today's episode of Ukraine: The Latest they talked about how things are noticeably heating up around Bakhmut with huge amounts of artillery flying around, as in more than usual even for that section of the front. The guy they have on the ground reporting from front wasn't entirely sure if it was Ukrainian or Russian guns (probably both). Counteroffensive hype has gotten large parts of eastern Ukraine wound up tight and there's a general sense of Something Big Is Going To Happen Soon going around. He also remarked on how there's journalists driving around eastern Ukraine breathlessly looking for convoys of military hardware that would suggest an offensive is about to happen.

e: also the US ambassador to South Africa has publicly accused SA of supplying weapons to Russia.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 12, 2023

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Kith posted:

lol.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nuclear Tourist posted:

e: also the US ambassador to South Africa has publicly accused SA of supplying weapons to Russia.

I remember us supplying stuff to 'R troops', but never Russia. :thunk: Last time a US rep mentioned us it was because of some awful terrorism.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Flyinglemur posted:

I wanna play

Didn't realize this was the self-harm thread

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Delta sqad won the war single handedly

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Dalmuti posted:

Delta sqad won the war single handedly

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

I remember us supplying stuff to 'R troops', but never Russia. :thunk: Last time a US rep mentioned us it was because of some awful terrorism.

:allears:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Trillhouse posted:

T-54s have arrived at the front for Russia

Gee, Boris, Vlad lets you have TWO cope cages?

The Ukraine-Russian war: Tanks of our Grandfathers.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Russia: Driving the Tanks of Yesterday... Tomorrow!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

A.o.D. posted:

Gee, Boris, Vlad lets you have TWO cope cages?

The Ukraine-Russian war: Tanks of our Grandfathers.

Hah, that tandem warhead isn't looking so clever now, is it? :smug:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

This is a good joke, and I want to recognize it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Tandem parking

Or bunk bed

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Oh jesus. :ccp: chat bled over into this chat. DBRB fleets were both fun and awful at the same time. I had much more fun with Asher's reaver fleets.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
let's not forget the time Oleg Deripaska's failson bankrolled a nullsec alliance (RED.Overlord) only to have goons eat his lunch during MAX3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Kesper North posted:

let's not forget the time Oleg Deripaska's failson bankrolled a nullsec alliance (RED.Overlord) only to have goons eat his lunch during MAX3

Holy gently caress, the guy behind that mess was Deripaska's spawn?