Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Nuebot posted:

Toot. Toot. Chugga. Chugga.

Big.

Red.

Car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ah the wiggling got too much to you?

Better then the other wiggle wiggle song.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mainly just remember the 30 rock parody where all their songs turned into like pro-apartheid lyrics

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

apparently at their height they were doing 520 shows a year, which is an amount of wiggling that the human body is clearly incapable of

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1656679052273676291?t=SA1XSbWeG9yVoNz0-ohclg&s=19

I think he should still make it, so we can have 520 hours of wiggling content to look forward to

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I need Defunctland to produce more videos so Quinton produces less.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgXda61MtWE
Cool to see F.D. Signifier show up on More Perfect Union, for what sounds like a potential series of videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6tseoM_u0
And a brand new long-form video on his own channel.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1656679052273676291?t=SA1XSbWeG9yVoNz0-ohclg&s=19

I think he should still make it, so we can have 520 hours of wiggling content to look forward to

No one needs a 90 minute recap of Big Red Car.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ah the wiggling got too much to you?

The level of wiggling was simply unsustainable.

Also

That's loving weird, right? Defunctland talked about the wiggles for a little bit, enough to understand the phenomenon and the history required for the ride's context. Why would Quinton just go "well what the gently caress else is there" after he spent a couple years getting stuff to make a video on them?

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 11, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

DeafNote posted:

Better then the other wiggle wiggle song.
Wake up Jeff?
Someone should probably check that he's still breathing at least.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Angryhead posted:

Cool to see F.D. Signifier show up on More Perfect Union, for what sounds like a potential series of videos.

the second video is a must watch. really well done.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mainly just remember the 30 rock parody where all their songs turned into like pro-apartheid lyrics
Yeah I certainly had a couple of the 30Rock jokes cross my mind during the episode. Woggle Power!

In Australia woggle means white :ohdear:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Grondoth posted:

Also

That's loving weird, right? Defunctland talked about the wiggles for a little bit, enough to understand the phenomenon and the history required for the ride's context. Why would Quinton just go "well what the gently caress else is there" after he spent a couple years getting stuff to make a video on them?

Alexander wept, for there were no new multi-hour video essays to make.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

If a pop culture fad is so much as mentioned in passing no video about it must ever be made again. That's Defunctland turf. Totally how it works.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Vanderdeath posted:

Alexander wept, for there were no new multi-hour video essays to make.

lmao

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Kim Justice posted:

If a pop culture fad is so much as mentioned in passing no video about it must ever be made again. That's Defunctland turf. Totally how it works.

no one here read it that way lol wtf

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
"oh so just bc someone made an entertaining video on a subject, youre saying its bad to release an objectively worse video hot on the heels of the first?" yes, why would that be confusing

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Uh I really wasn't serious at all. Now I'm the confused one

ED: Mind, that is how some people think on YT. If a vid's been made about some obscureish subject by a large channel, there's no point making another. Don't understand it meself.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 11, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Shweet! Creator Clash: somethingawful edition.

You ladies take it easy until I can drag some couches in here, and get some drinks cooled off for the crowd.
Can I get yah anything before the big bout?

I realise neither of you are actually worked up. Trying for joviality here.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Tee-hee, love it :D

Speaking of which, there's more YT related boxing this weekend. WingsofRedemption and Boogie2988 are scheduled for three two-minute rounds on the undercard. Yes, that's a thing that's happening.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grondoth posted:

Also

Tainted the algorithm for Wiggles, brace yourself for a 200 hour long video on Johnny Test.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tainted Algorithm would be a good username.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Speaking of which, there's more YT related boxing this weekend. WingsofRedemption and Boogie2988 are scheduled for three two-minute rounds on the undercard. Yes, that's a thing that's happening.

This is a deeply sad sentence.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

new munecat new munecat new munecat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcxZFmKrxR8

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Kim Justice posted:

Wings? The CoD player guy? He's still a thing?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Fil5000 posted:

Wings? The CoD player guy? He's still a thing?

You probably don’t want to look into it. It’s a very, very sad story.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's.....uh, yeah. From what I just saw, they're both being paid 10k for a fight marketed as "800 Lbs, 1 Ring". Keem is central to this as well.

It's kinda beyond freakshow really, I'm pretty concerned one of them could die here.

Like, it's Kimbo Slice vs Dada5000 times ten

It's not the main fight btw - that's KSI vs Joe Fournier. This is what happens when YouTube ends, you're the freak undercard taking huge risks for money that's really not worth it in the slightest.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 11, 2023

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Mix. posted:

new munecat new munecat new munecat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcxZFmKrxR8

münecat dunking on SovCits lets go :munch:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Creator clash is the only good YouTube boxing event.

The video of idubbbz of all people on stage weeping thanking everyone was so moving to me. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHYmF_trhk

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Egoraptor winning his boxing match this year after losing last year year was cool. I loved seeing all the tweets going "HE'S THE ONE WHO WINS!!!!" after the match was over.

For context if you haven't seen it, the original one who wins clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkVMNRm7LGA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That stick game is so much fun

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

B33rChiller posted:

Wake up Jeff?
Someone should probably check that he's still breathing at least.

Nah, this is the other Wiggle Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBMZJtPK-Ok

I'm actually kind of disappointed it didn't show up in the Defunctland video in some capacity...

Kim Justice posted:

It's.....uh, yeah. From what I just saw, they're both being paid 10k for a fight marketed as "800 Lbs, 1 Ring". Keem is central to this as well.

It's kinda beyond freakshow really, I'm pretty concerned one of them could die here.

Like, it's Kimbo Slice vs Dada5000 times ten

It's not the main fight btw - that's KSI vs Joe Fournier. This is what happens when YouTube ends, you're the freak undercard taking huge risks for money that's really not worth it in the slightest.

Why is it every time I learn about something new Keemstar did my desire to see him hit my a meteor increases?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Kim Justice posted:

Meanwhile Darksydephil refused to be a part of that which, honestly, good on him.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

DeafNote posted:

Meanwhile Darksydephil refused to be a part of that which, honestly, good on him.

I mean...yeah. Can't disagree there, really. Like, Phil has some audience after all this time. The guys taking part here...yeah, less sure about that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

This is going to be the kind of match where somebody tears a hamstring just trying to shuffle around. I'm not saying that with any kind of joy, either.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Angryhead posted:

The first chapter of the second video surprised the hell out of me. He starts off with "I'm going to criticize someone who will probably get me cancelled or even end my career..." I'm trying to guess who it could be and he reveals that it's Louis Farrakhan.

Now I'm thinking "What in the hell is he worried about? His influence is long gone and what is there not to criticize?" I realized how little I knew about the history of the NOI and their perceived influence in modern day. That's why I watch poo poo like that.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

volts5000 posted:

The first chapter of the second video surprised the hell out of me. He starts off with "I'm going to criticize someone who will probably get me cancelled or even end my career..." I'm trying to guess who it could be and he reveals that it's Louis Farrakhan.

Now I'm thinking "What in the hell is he worried about? His influence is long gone and what is there not to criticize?" I realized how little I knew about the history of the NOI and their perceived influence in modern day. That's why I watch poo poo like that.

Oh THAT'S what it's about? I should take a look then, cause NOI still having influence is amazing to hear. They're a reactionary UFO cult. How do people still care about them?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

DeafNote posted:

We've seen him pound meat enough already

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

volts5000 posted:

Grondoth posted:

Oh THAT'S what it's about? I should take a look then, cause NOI still having influence is amazing to hear. They're a reactionary UFO cult. How do people still care about them?

I saw these posted like minutes before I had to run into work and they reminded me that I meant to ask if anyone had any recommendations if anyone has videos on Israel United in Christ or any of these other groups that pick up Celebrity endorsements like Ye or Kryrie Irving . Just Black Hebrew Israelite stuff in general since they're actually managing to get more attention despite everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

DeafNote posted:

Bugged boxing mechanics are keeping DSP down as usual.