Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the plot thickens

https://patch.com/california/danville/danville-costco-beating-contra-costa-da-declines-file-charges

quote:

The Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office said it will not file charges in a case involving a Danville man claiming he was brutally attacked in the Costco parking lot Sunday morning.

Resident Craig Blackburn told KRON4 and KTVU that a man in the parking lot of the Danville Costco went “ballistic” on him following a dispute over a parking spot. Blackburn said he was on the ground covered in blood, and had to spend six hours in the hospital undergoing X-rays and a CAT scan.

Town spokesperson Jenn Starnes told Patch that officers were dispatched to the parking lot Sunday at 11:23 a.m. on reports of a battery. On Monday, however, “The Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office reviewed the case involving the battery between two men that took place. After reviewing the case and the evidence provided as a result of an investigation by the Danville Police Department, the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office declined to file charges.”

No arrests have been made so far, according to reports in KRON4 and KTVU.

DA spokesperson Ted Asregadoo told Patch in an email that “what’s been reported by the media and posted on social networking sites does not entirely match the video evidence provided by Danville Police that our office reviewed.”

Asregadoo said he is preparing a news conference soon to explain the charging decision.

The alleged assault took place Sunday morning at the parking lot of the Costco at 3150 Fostoria Way. Blackburn told KRON-4 that he was eating a hot dog while loading his car when a man in a white Toyota Corolla waited for his parking spot. The man reportedly grew impatient, and hurled insults at him.

Blackburn said that even after a spot next to his opened up, the driver continued to wait, though eventually parked elsewhere.

As Blackburn was getting ready to leave, the man said something to him. Blackburn asked him what he said. After that, the man allegedly ripped his glasses off his face, and began to attack him.

Blackburn said he was on the ground, covered in blood, and wailing. Onlookers called 911, and he was treated at a nearby hospital. He also told KRON-4 that he has experienced facial damage, and pain in his knee and shoulder.

Patch has reached out to Blackburn for comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Soooo the guy who beat the poo poo out of him is a cop right? Cause even if this guy is lying and started the fight he got the poo poo beat out of him and I think that's still illegal even if the other guy started it

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Anyone buy the Costco futons before? They aren't in store right now but we are thinking about replacing our current one after we move. They seem decent in store and was wondering if anyone tried them before.

Are you talking about the brown leather-ish one with two plugs and two USB outlets on the side, with the shiny metal bottom frame? It's like $500 or $600?

If so, I have one, and it's incredible. I was "lucky" enough to snag one when they were $300 several years ago and it's held up like a champ with daily use. It still looks brand new - highly recommended.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

That Ascent whey protein they have for less than Optimum Nutrition tastes like POO POO! Do not want.

how do you know what poo poo tastes like?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

pencilhands posted:

how do you know what poo poo tastes like?

Your posts

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The rare circumstance where both perps were 100% in the right.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Resdfru posted:

Soooo the guy who beat the poo poo out of him is a cop right? Cause even if this guy is lying and started the fight he got the poo poo beat out of him and I think that's still illegal even if the other guy started it

If someone tries to beat the poo poo out of you and due to their incompetence you end up beating the poo poo out of them, you're probably not going to get charged.

It also probably was a cop though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I am out there having a Costco Tailgate. eating my dog out in the sunshine, sipping my beverage. Can't wait to have someone come threaten me over it.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

but the costco parking lot is where the real battle begins

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7153032568722509099

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

halokiller posted:

but the costco parking lot is where the real battle begins

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7153032568722509099

that dude owns, put your cart away you lazy piece of trash

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Apparently come to California if you want to get in a fight involving hot dogs in a Costco parking lot.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

At the San Diego Costco the birds will fight you over a hot dog.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I had a summer job doing cart returns and somehow I still never got that mad over nonreturners. They are selfish pricks though.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The Costco cart corral is one of the few not-well-thought-out aspects of Costco.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco needs to borrow a page from Aldi and using those coin locks for carts, because for some reason people will walk across the entire parking lot in the middle of a 95F day with 100% humidity with their empty cart just to get that 25 cents back.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Here in the desert, no one stays in the parking lot any longer than they have to because the sun will kill you if you don't hurry up and get inside.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

mweber posted:

The Costco cart corral is one of the few not-well-thought-out aspects of Costco.

What do you suggest? I think carts should have roombas underneath and they can bring themselves to the corral

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pentyne posted:

Costco needs to borrow a page from Aldi and using those coin locks for carts, because for some reason people will walk across the entire parking lot in the middle of a 95F day with 100% humidity with their empty cart just to get that 25 cents back.

Stick your membership card in a slot instead of a coin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

At the San Diego Costco the birds will fight you over a hot dog.

agressive rear end mfers walking up looking for a handout

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I'm in a Costco right now sharing a slice with my daughter and drinking a smoothie while I still can

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Mr.Acula posted:

What do you suggest? I think carts should have roombas underneath and they can bring themselves to the corral

A third railing dividing the corral into two chutes. The single, wide chute is anarchy.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Toxic Mental posted:

On one hand, gtfo of the parking space, you can eat that hot dog at home. On the other hand, who could resist eating a delicious Costco hot dog the moment it comes into your hands.

Park in the back you fat bastard.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I'll grab a spot close to the entrance if I drive by one on my way to the back. But if I go during busy time I just head straight for the section far away that always has parking. Screw driving around in circles for a spot when I could spend that time inside cosTco

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If you're waiting for a spot and the lot isn't full you suck. Exceptions made for handicapped, and I guess a theoretical spot with a car charger, shade for a dog (why are you taking up precious space for costco stuff with a dog though?) or whatever. If the only reason you want that spot is because it's closer gently caress off.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 11, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If it’s hot enough that you need a shady spot for your dog maybe don’t take your dog to Costco that day

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If it’s hot enough that you need a shady spot for your dog maybe don’t take your dog to Costco that day

It's a hypothetical it doesn't really matter. Just don't make this harder for other people just because you can't be bothered to walk further. Yes though you are right don't leave your dog in the car if you're going to spend a ton of time in a store. Duh.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

bro you're going to walk 2 miles inside the store, what's an extra 100 yards? jesus christ

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I always park in the back at my Costco because my car's been dented/scratched/trapped by a luxury SUV whose driver can't park so often that I just don't want to park next to others if I can avoid it. it's not even that I own a nice car, I'm just sick of looking at dings/scratches and wondering how long they've been there without me noticing

the only lovely thing is crossing the road with my cart when I'm done because people drive like maniacs

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I've had people honk at me for taking too long after loading my groceries up. I am extremely spiteful and don't value my time so I'll die in that spot before letting them have it at that point.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfAe6Z3eAF4

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Ya gotta park closest to a cart return if you can't be close to the entrance. Go ugly early.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Chronojam posted:

Standing freezer rocks because you can pile things on top of it and it still works

I mean yeah but their geometry is such that you're likely not storing much up there - the main thing is just that you can find all your stuff

we upgraded from our early-pandemic chest freezer to an upright this year, and while I felt kind of bad for donating something that was perfectly functional, and all bells and whistles aside, it has been totally worth it because of the massive difference in utility between a freezer where you can quickly see and access everything vs. one where you need to dig

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

we often eat our pizza or hot dogs in our car when we're done. thankfully we don't live in a place where the parking lot is ever, ever completely full so all of this sounds bonkers to me

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

LGD posted:

we upgraded from our early-pandemic chest freezer to an upright this year, and while I felt kind of bad for donating something that was perfectly functional, and all bells and whistles aside, it has been totally worth it because of the massive difference in utility between a freezer where you can quickly see and access everything vs. one where you need to dig

I mean, you’re donating it so it will be put to good use again, it’s not like you’re dumping the thing in a creek in the woods.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Crusty Nutsack posted:

we often eat our pizza or hot dogs in our car when we're done. thankfully we don't live in a place where the parking lot is ever, ever completely full so all of this sounds bonkers to me

Even at my super-busy Costco "completely full" means yeah there's plenty of spaces way out (to the point that there's people living in RVs there). Instigator calling hotdog guy fat should take his own life advice and go for a jog from a more remote spot, work up that hotdog appetite.

Also I like how the radio show link takes 5 seconds to blame Biden for this incident. It does make me want to carry a gun though, to defend myself from those who would attack my private hotdog time like that.

LGD posted:

freezer where you can quickly see and access everything vs. one where you need to dig

My fridge is one of those beverage fridges with the glass door on it and LED lightning inside. You'd think those would be inefficient, but the door stops me from opening it to remember what I have 50 times a day, so it's a net gain.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 11, 2023

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven

What kind of fukken noob parks in an area where parking would be contested? Pros always park at the edge of the lot where it's empty and you don't spend 20 minutes waiting for people to walk past to get to a spot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So we just spent like a week trying to figure out what the vacuum sealed solid rectangle was that we found at the bottom of the freezer chest

Turns out it wasn’t mystery meat but a cinnamon butter loaf we tossed in last year, and after opening it up and thawing it we found it had the texture of soft cheese

So maybe if you’re going to freeze these things don’t vacuum pack them lmao

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

There is this big sprinkler/splash pad thing that you hook up to the hose and it’s fun and I bought it because it was on sale and I used it once and I loving hate this thing. Storing it sucks and getting all the water out for storage sucks and it’s huge and I don’t know what I was thinking because my kids are equally as happy with me just spraying them with the hose. Anyway I’m going to Costco on my day off to return it in a big garbage bag and I feel a fool. At least there’s a hot dog with onions at the end.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

So we just spent like a week trying to figure out what the vacuum sealed solid rectangle was that we found at the bottom of the freezer chest

Turns out it wasn’t mystery meat but a cinnamon butter loaf we tossed in last year, and after opening it up and thawing it we found it had the texture of soft cheese

So maybe if you’re going to freeze these things don’t vacuum pack them lmao

Spread the soft cheese cinnamon butter loaf on a fresh cinnamon butter loaf and we can finally kill god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

death cob for cutie posted:

I always park in the back at my Costco because my car's been dented/scratched/trapped by a luxury SUV whose driver can't park so often that I just don't want to park next to others if I can avoid it. it's not even that I own a nice car, I'm just sick of looking at dings/scratches and wondering how long they've been there without me noticing

the only lovely thing is crossing the road with my cart when I'm done because people drive like maniacs

Same, but I also drive a truck and like being able to conveniently get in and out of the spot. Especially because of jerks like this:

Rufio posted:

I've had people honk at me for taking too long after loading my groceries up. I am extremely spiteful and don't value my time so I'll die in that spot before letting them have it at that point.

You honk at me as I'm getting ready to leave, or block the lane, or even worse, someone else in, I am not leaving. I will sit in that spot, eat my glizzy, check emails and even clean it out. poo poo I might even go return other peoples carts. Which is something I will passively aggressively do if I see you leave your cart somewhere other than the cart return area. You get to watch me grab your cart and stare you down. Unless you are an elderly person, or a parent with kids or something. In that case I'll offer to take your cart if I'm on the way in or returning my own.

Yea I guess it's no wonder I haven't gotten into a fight in a Costco parking lot myself. But we have to honor and respect our church or we'll become as vile and depraved as those that choose to willfully sin at Sam's Club.