Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Almost to the end of RE4R, I think this game is overstaying its welcome a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

Still weapon switching: yes

As empty as BotW: absolutely loving not

I haven’t spoken too much about playing the TotK leak outside of the spoiler thread because there’s a point where it just kinda feels like crowing, but…..holy poo poo it’s immensely good. It makes BotW look like a tech demo. It’s so big and fun and the abilities are incredible. It’s easily one of the best games ever made.

Choice quote from SkillUp’s vid: “There is no single video game I have ever played where I have felt like I have more freedom to fight, explore, and solve puzzles however I chose to than Tears of the Kingdom.”

I can’t wait!!!

When I read that the dev team was heavily influenced by RDR2 I knew I would love it :gizz:

Also helps that it’s a sequel to one of the best games of all time

I hope the world isn’t TOO busy though. I absolutely adored the minimalism in the world of BotW. The natural world in that game is incredible.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Kilometers Davis posted:

When I read that the dev team was heavily influenced by RDR2 I knew I would love it :gizz:

It would be rad if you could give Link mutton chops or a custom belt buckle and get sponge baths at the local inn after a bruising campaign through the Depths.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I found the island combat sections to be a real treat!

The only combat I really disliked was the flying bug sections though

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Also, maybe it's just me but RE engine looks sooo good when it's depicting junky urban environments like in the island bunker or in Raccoon City in RE2R/RE3R, and just kind of less good?? when it's a dusty brown shantytown.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I felt the same with the original, the very last part of the game made me want to finish already.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought the flying bugs were pretty cool, the camoflage effect is well done and you have to learn to look for it

The actual flying does make them annoying to fight

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I felt the same with the original, the very last part of the game made me want to finish already.

Yeah, it's probably something I felt about OG RE4, but I must admit it's been a while for me.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I loved the novistadores. It was a nice change of pace to fight enemies that are so fast but go down relatively easy.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
The island section is a bit much but also has the Krauser fight which is excellent. It's also packed with skips because the devs must've known this. It's easiest the shortest part of the game if you utilize all of them.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did it arrive in one piece though in which case you’re welcome says the seller

It did yes

I thought at the end there would be nothing inside

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rental Sting posted:

It would be rad if you could give Link mutton chops or a custom belt buckle and get sponge baths at the local inn after a bruising campaign through the Depths.

:sickos:

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

As someone who did not like BotW hardly at all, TotK is pretty cool. It's not gonna be my GOTY because a lot of the mechanics aren't my cup of tea (Don't like building or crafting in games), but the world design is a lot better this time. It feels a lot more intentionally crafted and curated this time, makes a world of difference. Good game.

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

none of this is true lmao

this is absolutely 10000% not true. source, myself 5 seconds ago.

I mean, it's cool if it doesn't bother you, but there is actual telemetry for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLlZBwN_-C4&t=721s

Oh wait, this is vikar right? Guy who just can't actually see framerates.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 12, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Arist posted:

Someone tell me if the reviews for TOTK mention if it fixed my two biggest problems with that game (exploring kinda loses its luster because shrines are very samey and offer only incremental rewards/massive HP bloat for the stronger enemies making them unfun to fight if you're not doing insane Japanese speedrunner cheese strats)

yes

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

actionjackson posted:

the replacement stand i got off ebay works fine, looks exactly the same, so either OEM or a great 3d printing

but i poo poo you not, it came in ALL of this packaging. it was like some clown car poo poo

straight from cerny's account

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

:hmmyes:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Island is weird because it is extending an already long game but it's a part of the game that is almost nonstop back to back some of the most memorable segments of the game in either version.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Bugblatter posted:

As someone who did not like BotW hardly at all, TotK is pretty cool. It's not gonna be my GOTY because a lot of the mechanics aren't my cup of tea (Don't like building or crafting in games), but the world design is a lot better this time. It feels a lot more intentionally crafted and curated this time, makes a world of difference. Good game.

I mean, it's cool if it doesn't bother you, but there is actual telemetry for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLlZBwN_-C4&t=721s

Oh wait, this is another poster completely right? Guy who just can't actually see framerates.

im playing the game i can see drops when they hit (and not care) but 20fps in ultrahand is bullshit. 10fps is bullshit. the data is wrong, either switches are dying or its pre-patched/emulator

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Oh wait, this is vikar right? Guy who just can't actually see framerates.

Close, he can count frames from eyeballing the screen for a second just fine. It's Cids in FF12 that he can't count

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
blood in the water... the smell...

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 12, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ultrahand does go down to the 20s when activated sometimes, but certainly not every single time, and that isn’t what Linneman is saying at all. And yeah whoever’s claiming it drops to 10 is just being a fool

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I don't think anyone in here is claiming drops to 10fps, maybe drops of 10fps (To 20). Ultrahand seems to cause framerate drops into the 20s whenever I use it, but yeah how far down in the 20s depends on where you're using it.

It's not game-breaking or whatever. Controls still feel snappy even with the hits, which is the most important thing. But it certainly is there.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Stop stealing from Nintendo you jerks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

This. Stealing is illegal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How about this, I'll stop stealing from Nintendo when they free their serf

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

How about this, I'll stop stealing from Nintendo when they free their serf

:hmmyes:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I love the island in RE4 and the remake. Time to hit em with the good stuff.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bugblatter posted:

I don't think anyone in here is claiming drops to 10fps, maybe drops of 10fps (To 20). Ultrahand seems to cause framerate drops into the 20s whenever I use it, but yeah how far down in the 20s depends on where you're using it.

It's not game-breaking or whatever. Controls still feel snappy even with the hits, which is the most important thing. But it certainly is there.

I think a “drop to x number of FPS” a lot of the times means “if this went on for a full second it’d be x fps”, but mostly it’s a quarter or half second of choppiness or stutter, or maybe even one or two particularly bad stutters.

Not really talking specifically for Zelda really but that’s how DF measures it, I’m pretty sure, it’s not based on a rolling total.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A friend of a friend on a weird discord I hate told me that 10fps is canon so I'm gonna be casually complaining about that for the next six years

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

It’s past midnight in the UK so I am playing the retail version on my Switch now and obeying the law like a good boy

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This. Stealing is illegal.

You wouldn't download a post

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Playing GT7 and I'm struggling with the Supra collection in part because I keep getting unlucky with weather, and I get destroyed when I have the wrong tires on. Is there really no weather forecast function? That feels like such a weird oversight for a game that's this detail-oriented in other ways.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Decades posted:

Playing GT7 and I'm struggling with the Supra collection in part because I keep getting unlucky with weather, and I get destroyed when I have the wrong tires on. Is there really no weather forecast function? That feels like such a weird oversight for a game that's this detail-oriented in other ways.

The weather radar is the primary way you're intended to figure out the rain, but realistically I just play the track and see if I get screwed.

I also got lazy and just ran intermediates after a certain point, and it stopped being much of a problem.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Also note you can zoom the weather radar waaay out so it's far more useful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
One thing I wish GT7 had is a more automated pit team function. So you could get recommended pits and tyres with a forecast from the team manager.

I know you are the team manager and every other job but it would be a handy little thing.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Oh wow I just realized the weather radar existed. That helps a bit I guess.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s past midnight in the UK so I am playing the retail version on my Switch now and obeying the law like a good boy

*slowly moves hand away from the big red EASY button from Staples*

Whew. As you were.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

E3 dead. Keigh3...lives!

7th guest are you gonna make this year's Road to Keigh3 thread again? :worship:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 12, 2023

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Dewgy posted:

I think a “drop to x number of FPS” a lot of the times means “if this went on for a full second it’d be x fps”, but mostly it’s a quarter or half second of choppiness or stutter, or maybe even one or two particularly bad stutters.

Not really talking specifically for Zelda really but that’s how DF measures it, I’m pretty sure, it’s not based on a rolling total.

DF differentiates between sustained drops and stutters.

Also Zelda has been out since midnight last night, here in Asia, where we live in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

E3 dead. Keigh3...lives!

Geoff is the best :swoon: