Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Immune = Permanent divine shield + permanent stealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Because Immune means it can't be targeted either.

Random destruction effect don't target, neither do board wipes.

And because it's legal to play her on an empty board, she just flops out and does nothing without giving them a chance to realize they can't target anything

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Man, making stealth so easy to access was a mistake in battlegrounds. That is just way too good when you get a leaper comp.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Oh I see. I get Dick Knights using blood boil a lot as well, which is also hilarious.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I think it's time mind control tech was returned to the core set then!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Deathwing is OP as gently caress in a beasts lobby

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
lmao

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I think I'm giving up on Hearthstone after 8.5 years. The last year or so the game has felt more like work than fun and for the last 3 months there's literally only one deck I've been able to make Standard ladder progress with (Undead Priest). Arena (broken), Battlegrounds (takes too long), Duels (too random) and Mercenaries (ugh) don't appeal to me and even though I have a pretty good collection and do achievements in Wild I don't fancy switching over to try ladder there.

Achievements have probably been the most fun I've had with the game over the last year and while I enjoy putting decks together with the single purpose of pulling off an unusual game condition, most of them are so grindy it just becomes a chore again.

The only money I spend on the game is the Tavern Pass and while I get a few fun-looking legendaries each expansion most of them don't get played in ladder-worthy decks, meanwhile the must-haves are mostly out of reach dust-wise. Basically, the good cards aren't fun and the fun cards aren't good.

So the game's feeling like more of a time-sink than ever before and since I picked up Marvel Snap again a couple of months ago I'm really appreciating the faster games there. Hearthstone might be able to entice me back at some point but for now I'm out.

Sorry if no one cares but I've spent so many 100's of hours on this game that I felt like I needed to type something out.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

the worst part of achievement hunting is lining up the turn where you can pull it off and your opponent spite concedes

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I've said it before and I will say it again now. Ranked is dumb. This is a game, play it for fun, not wins or losses. The only fun format is Casual Wild. So try Casual Wild if you're burnt out. You get to play with all your poo poo and most of the players are just having fun playing random off meta stuff. Ranked Wild is all Kingsbane right now I think? but I've only seen one in Casual in the past week.

Speaking of Casual Wild this is doing OK-ish? This is an updated version and a stupid cheap build:

### DiscoTech
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Emerald Skytalon
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 2x (3) Service Bell
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
#
AAEBAZ8FAA+IBdQF4wWI6ALZ/gKezQPw9gPJoAT5pAS4tASB4gSBlgXAxAW4xQW1ngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Thief Priest is creeping back in, and My God is that a boring deck to play against.

It actively wants to fatigue the game, which just shouldn't be a desirable win con from a game design PoV.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

I've said it before and I will say it again now. Ranked is dumb. This is a game, play it for fun, not wins or losses. The only fun format is Casual Wild. So try Casual Wild if you're burnt out. You get to play with all your poo poo and most of the players are just having fun playing random off meta stuff. Ranked Wild is all Kingsbane right now I think? but I've only seen one in Casual in the past week.

Mostly true, but I've been playing ranked lately for some achievements. A lot of the achievements from this expansion are pretty fun, a lot more so than MotLK's. However, casual is more fun from a deck experimentation standpoint and if you're up against one of those decks that you hate, just concede and nothing lost.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It’s funny, all the wild formats bore me. Ranked Standard is the most fun for me by a mile.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Casual is fine for testing out stuff but kinda sucks to play because there's a lot of bots ime. Maybe it's just the time of day I'm playing?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Shockeh posted:

Thief Priest is creeping back in, and My God is that a boring deck to play against.

It actively wants to fatigue the game, which just shouldn't be a desirable win con from a game design PoV.

After playing a match of Magic a couple of days ago against a deck that had the same win condition without milling, I'm never going be more than mildly annoyed at HS fatigue decks anymore.

But yeah, if it iss supposed to go to fatigue, there should probably be some kind of draw engine there.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It’s funny, all the wild formats bore me. Ranked Standard is the most fun for me by a mile.

Plus all the cards I’d need to recreate. I’m very happy it’s there for those who enjoy it, but no way would I play Wild.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wild would be great if it wasn't just a race to see who can make number go down with the least amount of fun possible.
To be fair standard is the same, but at least the power level is so much lower that you actually have a chance with off-meta decks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This is the most fun dragons have ever been

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a Rokara like card in Standard now? I just played a rogue with a shaman hero power that stuck around even after he was playing rogue cards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is there a Rokara like card in Standard now? I just played a rogue with a shaman hero power that stuck around even after he was playing rogue cards.

That was a Blizzard bot, it’s a bug with them right now

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

For some reason the cleave pirate became a Rokara.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Did it still cleave?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I... think so?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It just becomes Rokara in the results screen

kater
Nov 16, 2010

40 refreshes without getting a 3rd of one of four naga and nobody else on the board is in them what the Christ.

My deep blue is at +25.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol I wish I had a screen grab of my second place board of 50/50 gray nagas vs whatever the hell dragon line took first.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just won a BG where I lost the first 6 bring me to 1 life, but I found a second golden Zesty Shaker and a golden Crooner that turn.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just won a BG where I lost the first 6 bring me to 1 life, but I found a second golden Zesty Shaker and a golden Crooner that turn.

"A chip and a chair" is so real in battlegrounds. Especially if you use your health wisely and get to the good stuff quick.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I really loathe that they print like 2 legendaries per class each expansion, but 80% of them are pushed out to unplayability because it's completely fine when dumb linear aggro decks dictate the baseline, because the average hearthstone player attention span can't go beyond 5 minutes.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Oenis posted:

I really loathe that they print like 2 legendaries per class each expansion, but 80% of them are pushed out to unplayability because it's completely fine when dumb linear aggro decks dictate the baseline, because the average hearthstone player attention span can't go beyond 5 minutes.

The value of the legendaries comes and goes with the nerfs. Used to be a decent number of decks where you played for twenty minutes waiting for the OTK. This meta is an improvement.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

would you prefer that legendaries be required to have any success?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I would prefer if the powerlevel of 1-3 drops was lower so games wouldn't be over by turn 6 and games were a little more longer and more interesting instead of this curvestone nonsense.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'd rather games go 6 turns then have to wait forever against an opponent doing nothing but putting up taunts and drawing cards so they can play some gimmick combo.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I'd rather games go 6 turns then have to wait forever against an opponent doing nothing but putting up taunts and drawing cards so they can play some gimmick combo.

:same: If the longer games consisted of fun and challenging game play but generally speaking, they simply don't. So get it over with and keep it moving.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I think you’ll find control mirrors are the best fun hearthstone has to offer. For eg; my control priest just beat a blood DK in a tense 30 min match that involved me stealing his Alexandros and playing it 3 times. I also played his own hand snapshot.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
No one enjoys playing against priest, especially the 'steal a bunch of bullshit out of thin air' archetypes that just straight up ruins the game every time it's remotely viable

e: They should make a steamcleaner that goes face - battlecry: deal five damage to a random enemy for each card your opponent has played this game that did not start in their deck

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 12, 2023

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

Yup.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I think you’ll find control mirrors are the best fun hearthstone has to offer. For eg; my control priest just beat a blood DK in a tense 30 min match that involved me stealing his Alexandros and playing it 3 times. I also played his own hand snapshot.

Yup, win or lose, those are the best games of hearthstone for me. I just wish there was more of that, not less. I always love it when a control-ish deck is meta, but it never lasts because apparently control isn't allowed to be too good.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
APM pirates is pretty fun even without Hoggar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
APM elementals are fun too

I find them both pretty stressful, though, when it comes to dumping cards from hand. The stupid dancing minions bug certainly doesn't help.