Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you're supposed to wipe your hands off with the pancake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

have you ever done it

yes, it was great

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rotor posted:

every time i get pancakes that dont have anything on them yet i am gripped with a strong desire to put them on my face, like hot towels.

i agree that the idea seems attractive

relatedly ever since i saw the giant tubs of reece’s pieces at bulk barn i’ve been overcome with the desire for a pool of them to swim through like a peanut butter aligned scrooge mcduck

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
plain pancakes are a little weird but i mean if the alternative is "no pancakes" then :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

qirex posted:

*eats a banana split for breakfast*
why do I feel like poo poo all the time this aging thing sucks!

I eat porridge and a hard-boiled egg for breakfast because a) who has time for anything else b) i don't really even taste anything (or experience any emotion) until about nine o'clock anyway. Not because I'm old.

I do put a tea-spoonful of strawberry jam if i have some on the porridge, but that's mostly because it really doesn't have much calories at all.

(It's because it's a sweet treat. I lied. A teaspoon is enough that every spoonful of porridge gets a bit of jam taste.)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

grandma put grain sugar on them because of old people thrifty poverty brain even tho she was always decently well off

my parents put vanilla ice cream on them so thats what i do when i visit. i havent eaten a pancake any other place than those i think

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(It's because it's a sweet treat. I lied.)

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sugar on pancakes or pancake is perfectly normal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
powdered sugar on pancakes or waffles is great

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

powdered sugar on pancakes or waffles is great

won't it just melt? where's the KRUNTS?!?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

i wouldnt say I dont LIKE them but its hard to get excited about plain pancakes with butter and syrup. Like yeah you get some whipped cream and maybe some strawberries on there then thats different but

there’s this faux-buttermilk pancake on the internet called “best pancake recipe” and it makes some pretty good ‘cakes

I enjoy them with butter and maple. they are sufficient

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

3D Megadoodoo posted:

won't it just melt? where's the KRUNTS?!?

lol sometimes it does

grain sugar would be a little weird but idk if it goes on churros i don't see why not pancakes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

lol sometimes it does

grain sugar would be a little weird but idk if it goes on churros i don't see why not pancakes

well, at least like 15 000 000 people eat them with grain sugar every week so it's not like... abnormal.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

powdered sugar is for æbleskiver

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

3D Megadoodoo posted:

sugar on pancakes or pancake is perfectly normal

well i just assumed, cause i dont really go out of my way to eat them so idk what other families put on them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i have kidesokeri for... well almost everything you put sugar in or on, raesokeri for if i ever bake pulla, but i don't think i've ever owned a bag of tomusokeri because it has so few uses and can pretty much 100% of the time be replaced with kidesokeri.

might have some fariinisokeri somewhere. i think i bought a bag for baking and never used it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

all pancakes need is butter and maple syrup

chocolate chips shall not be put inside pancakes

if you wanna go nuts with whipped cream and strawberries and stuff it's fine, but you'd do better to put that stuff on waffles. for pancakes, just the butter and syrup maam

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

wtf is grain sugar? is that a weird way of saying 'granulated'?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

wtf is grain sugar? is that a weird way of saying 'granulated'?

typically it means coarser stuff than the typical cooking sort of sugar

i like pancakes just about any way tbh. butter, syrup, with chips or bloobs, as bread for a sandwich, slathered with peanut butter and topped with bacon, you name it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
once I tried to make powdered salt for popcorn so more would stick and not just fall to the bottom of the bowl

but went a bit far and found I’d half inhale the salt off the popcorn

concept is solid but needs to be not ground to dust

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

i like pancakes just about any way tbh. butter, syrup, with chips or bloobs, as bread for a sandwich, slathered with peanut butter and topped with bacon, you name it

a pancake slut, if you will

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

you're supposed to wipe your hands off with the pancake

pancakes n gravy?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

1. ty for the explanation
2. yeah good point, pancakes are good basically no matter what

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oh i assumed it meant like... regular sugar. no don't put the big stuff on pancake or pancakes, that would be weird.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh yeah i just mean regular sugar then i guess. i was trying to differentiate from powdered

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

once I tried to make powdered salt for popcorn so more would stick and not just fall to the bottom of the bowl

but went a bit far and found I’d half inhale the salt off the popcorn

concept is solid but needs to be not ground to dust

you're on the right track! this is what they do for movie theatre popcorn:

echinopsis posted:

a pancake slut, if you will

i cannot and will not deny it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

there was (is?) a place in LA called 'eggslut' because they put eggs on everything and despite hearing people rave about it, i could not bring myself to give them money

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
pancake anhedonia is no laughing matter

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i have kidesokeri for... well almost everything you put sugar in or on, raesokeri for if i ever bake pulla, but i don't think i've ever owned a bag of tomusokeri because it has so few uses and can pretty much 100% of the time be replaced with kidesokeri.

might have some fariinisokeri somewhere. i think i bought a bag for baking and never used it.

what da gently caress

mystes
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

this is like one of those demonstrations where you replace words with gibberish to show what percentage of words you need to understand in a sentence for it to be comprehensible for language learning right

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

why do no movie theaters have movie theater popcorn salt any more wtf

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Achmed Jones posted:

there was (is?) a place in LA called 'eggslut' because they put eggs on everything and despite hearing people rave about it, i could not bring myself to give them money

https://twitter.com/Floppy_Ragdoll/status/980196685493260288

(also ends like taht in danish)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

why do no movie theaters have movie theater popcorn salt any more wtf
same as pretty much everything else: someone thought it would be cheaper that way

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

same as pretty much everything else: someone thought it would be cheaper that way

i know that, it was a rhetorical question asked in order to express my anger at how stupid things are

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
endut! hoch hecht!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

i know that, it was a rhetorical question asked in order to express my anger at how stupid things are
seems like something they should have covered in the salt book

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

snicker

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i don't k ow if this is 400,000 likes funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is that just "end" in swedish? If so wouldn't tons of movies end that way?