Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
afaik the only thing I don't have that's expiring that I care about (sorry, R Ishmael) is N Meursault so I'm probably going to dump my last pre-s2 big pile of shards on him

I don't even care about him THAT much but it'll give me a better chassis for his base ego whose name I keep forgetting. the boss-killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Is there a gif for going all MY EYES or something like that?

Because I'm sure they'll need it.

:chloe:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
roland slays in all his cosplay, haters vacate

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Funny, I got G Corp. Outis while fishing for N Corp. Sinclair.

BTW, is W Corp. a standard ID?

I can't check in-game directly rn as it's undergoing maintenance, I am 99% sure it's a standard ID (that is, not associated with a Season).

I double checked its info on the Limbus Company wiki.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah all the W-corp ID stuff is standard, but as far as related stuff that's missable, I think there's a telepole ego or two that's behind the battle pass.

mercurially
May 7, 2022

Gaining back pain stacks at the speed of light!

YES bread posted:

roland slays in all his cosplay, haters vacate

if Ruina proved anything it's that Roland can rock anything he wears, no question.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Onehandclapping posted:

Yeah all the W-corp ID stuff is standard, but as far as related stuff that's missable, I think there's a telepole ego or two that's behind the battle pass.

Welp, all I'm missing is Kurokumo Ryoshu, Blade Lineage Sinclair, W Corp. Meursault, Seven Outis and Reindeer Ishmael, as far as IDs are concerned.

When it comes to E.G.O., I'm just missing the smoke, the angel and the Buddhist statue.

So I'm in the clear.

Lunatic 0verlord fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 11, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
The log-in event and Dante's Notes are live! The logins look to total out to something like 2,100 Lunacy and 15 pulls, although those may be placeholders.

The first set of notes are a triple-play about Limbus Company itself and its divisions, along with a cute little conversation right after patching.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
"Faust only knows what Faust knows" seems to lend credence to the "Faust can share information with her alternate selves" theory.

Also I think these notes might update as you progress through the story - ie the LCC note would unlock each dot point as you progress through chapters 2 and 3.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
whoops actually rishmael is standard, guess it really is just n mersault

Onehandclapping posted:

gonna be honest, between the gameplay being passable-to-good depending on the situation and this being definitely project moon writing, i'm just gonna buy the battle pass every season

they've earned my trust, and between kromer, funny chicken boss, and the first railway, i can sniff the approach of highly involved gameplay mechanics

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm really interested to see the notes on groups that we have IDs for but have not seen in-story-the preview images showed "Blade Lineage" being in the Notes, which I wonder how Dante will learn. Interviewing the ID alternate versions? Would it have extra info if you had a certain ID in that group in question?

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

Also I think these notes might update as you progress through the story - ie the LCC note would unlock each dot point as you progress through chapters 2 and 3.

Though what Dante adds after chapter three feels kind of sad :(

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

only noticed N Sinclair does burn status too when the funny chicken boss suddenly had infinity burn counts

man, he just brings everything to the table and also has an interesting quirk to juggle

i want more identities like this

e: another thing i didn't really appreciate is that his defense toggle has Very Large Number so if he's too high sanity to do anything useful, just turn that on instead and have him tank a hit

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 11, 2023

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

only noticed N Sinclair does burn status too when the funny chicken boss suddenly had infinity burn counts

man, he just brings everything to the table and also has an interesting quirk to juggle

i want more identities like this

Plus his Lifetime Stew passive gives him burns on tails, letting you stack even more burn on N Sinclair.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So this update stealthdropped the most important quality of life update yet.

WE HAVE DATES FOR WHEN THE CHAPTERS HAPPEN

It is currently Feburary, 984.

Edit: Also the massive deathcount event in the trailer that saw the City's population instantly drop by about 300 million happens in June 985, so we've got that to look forward to in about an in-game year.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 11, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Are there dates for when Lob/Ruina happen? Obviously Limbus is after Lob, but has Ruina already taken place as well?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Ruina has already taken place--Leviathan opens basically immediately after Ruina, and Vergilius goes from there to Limbus Company.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Leviathan opens on or around Christmas where Tomerry destroys the orphanage and Verg & Iori fight. Vergilius meets up with Garnet some time after (how long?) and the rest of Leviathan happens, ending with Vergilius and Charon meeting Faust and being recruited into Limbus Company.

Kromer and her Nagel und Hammer goons kill Sinclair's family sometime prior to the start of the game (near Christmas? Sinclair was going to get the head-prosthetic operation soon, perhaps as a Christmas present?) and go on to occupy Calw, setting up the bodies of the townsfolk to sing Silent Night. I don't think they were occupying the town for too long because the first sign of trouble was when N-Corp ambushed the bus as they were driving closer. If N-Corp had been in Calw for an extended period of time, I'd have thought that there would be something like a warning at the K-Corp checkpoint or K-Corp guards blocking off the road itself.

Did both of those events happen in 983-12?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

red plastic cup posted:

Leviathan opens on or around Christmas where Tomerry destroys the orphanage and Verg & Iori fight. Vergilius meets up with Garnet some time after (how long?) and the rest of Leviathan happens, ending with Vergilius and Charon meeting Faust and being recruited into Limbus Company.

Kromer and her Nagel und Hammer goons kill Sinclair's family sometime prior to the start of the game (near Christmas? Sinclair was going to get the head-prosthetic operation soon, perhaps as a Christmas present?) and go on to occupy Calw, setting up the bodies of the townsfolk to sing Silent Night. I don't think they were occupying the town for too long because the first sign of trouble was when N-Corp ambushed the bus as they were driving closer. If N-Corp had been in Calw for an extended period of time, I'd have thought that there would be something like a warning at the K-Corp checkpoint or K-Corp guards blocking off the road itself.

Did both of those events happen in 983-12?

Nah, Sinclair was in school when his family got murdered and Sinners are registered as Fixers so they have to be 20 at least. It was years ago not 3 months ago.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah, and N Corp didn't occupy the village the entire time. Kromer specifically dug up Sinclair's buried family after coming back with N Corp roughly the same time as the Sinners arrived (and N Corp and K Corp recently had some sort of deal).

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Speaking as someone who has only read that (really cool!) webcomic about a L-Corp branch office and not much else ancillary material, and maybe hasn't paid as much attention as he should to certain details in the game: So the city's population is well over 6 billion, yeah? Presumably I had the scale all wrong in my head, even accounting for cyberpunkish density I assume the scale of the city isn't anywhere near a currently existing megalopolis and is more akin to a Dredd-style Megacity, with a sprawl comparable to idk a fully paved-over Europe or something like that, and each district is close to being a small/medium IRL country in terms of size and pop?

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 11, 2023

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah afaik the city is a megapolis, with 26 nests each the size of major irl cities, surrounded by suburbs towns and what-have-you, which are in turn surrounded by the backstreets, lawless slum areas. The City is atleast the size of a modern country, probably south korea for scale, surrounded by horrible wastelands called the outskirts. It’s unknown and unlikely there’s any other civilization out past that.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The Outskirts are in place to prevent the City from contaminating the rest of the world, which is otherwise perfectly fine.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

KazigluBey posted:

Speaking as someone who has only read that (really cool!) webcomic about a L-Corp branch office and not much else ancillary material, and maybe hasn't paid as much attention as he should to certain details in the game: So the city's population is well over 6 billion, yeah? Presumably I had the scale all wrong in my head, even accounting for cyberpunkish density I assume the scale of the city isn't anywhere near a currently existing megalopolis and is more akin to a Dredd-style Megacity, with a sprawl comparable to idk a fully paved-over Europe or something like that, and each district is close to being a small/medium IRL country in terms of size and pop?

To be fair, PM has not been wholly consistent about the population numbers, so getting a false sense of things is rather understandable. To quote myself from the LP thread:

Theantero posted:

Speaking of populations, here it is stated that the Pianist killed 300,000 people. Ok, that's bad and all, but in the Zwei cutscene it's stated that the Pianist killed 80% of District 9's population. If we do that math with 26 Districts, it does not actually add up to that big of a total population, especially if we're supposed to be at some Giant Dystopian Megacity rather than say, Tokyo.

poo poo ain't adding up is all I'm sayin :colbert:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
My favorite theory about the City is that it is on the Moon.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Theantero posted:

To be fair, PM has not been wholly consistent about the population numbers, so getting a false sense of things is rather understandable. To quote myself from the LP thread:

Population numbers always, always trip people up in writing. Moreso with fantasy, when people assume medieval cities were significantly smaller than was the case, but just in general. Giving actual numbers never, ever helps.

Just assume the City is Preposterously Big, and contains a Shitload of people.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Considering that a somewhat big number of people die everyday, that would mean that they do a lot of baby, which is an hilarious concept to me. Like, yeah, life is poo poo, but babymaking, you know? In the City no less.

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 11, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Considering that a somewhat big number of people die everyday, that would mean that they do a lot of baby, which is an hilarious concept to me. Like, yeah, life is poo poo, but babymaking, you know?

Traditionally, the act of baby making is one of those things that helps life feel less poo poo because it feels good to do (when done right).

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I would assume that birth control is not that hard to come by in the City, though. It is a bit of an open question where all the people keep coming from, since a place like the City is one that tends to depress birth rates. And I don't mean in a 'everyone keeps getting murdered' way, but in a 'societies where everybody is bound to unreasonable wage slavery, where presumed filial loyalty isn't everyone's retirement plan, and where people have the ability to choose to not have kids, tend to veer towards less kids'.

It might be something that will be visited later as an intended lore oddity that is actually important, but then again, it might just be another of those 'scale' things that's just often kinda wonky in stories like this that we're meant to overlook.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I just assume that the city has such a ridiculous amount of people that all the death kinda makes the population just break even

The Backstreets at least are definitely the way they are to get rid of the undesirables who can't pay the corps for the privledge of existing. or people who can but are being too uppity and need to disappear. I assume this due to two of the Head's Taboos being "don't go nuts with property damage(people dying is fine though)" and "don't try to look into how or why someone ended up Swept"

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

I just assume that the city has such a ridiculous amount of people that all the death kinda makes the population just break even

The Backstreets at least are definitely the way they are to get rid of the undesirables who can't pay the corps for the privledge of existing. or people who can but are being too uppity and need to disappear. I assume this due to two of the Head's Taboos being "don't go nuts with property damage(people dying is fine though)" and "don't try to look into how or why someone ended up Swept"

Or don't do an human AI or think of making a human AI because we will come and destroy everything you hold dear, despite the fact that destroying everything you hold dear will lead to the creation of said human AI

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...with like just a few more boxes I could get my 3 missing EGOs (Ardor Blossom, Faustpole and Wishing Cairn) if I get an average of 2 shards per box . Please somebody talk me out of this.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...with like just a few more boxes I could get my 3 missing EGOs (Ardor Blossom, Faustpole and Wishing Cairn) if I get an average of 2 shards per box . Please somebody talk me out of this.

you might get enough rewards from other play that you don't need to do the grind, you can decide in a week or two

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Google Jeb Bush posted:

you might get enough rewards from other play that you don't need to do the grind, you can decide in a week or two

It's mostly that I could start season 2 with 100~ boxes but making sure any EGOs I pull on S2 are new ones is kinda tempting (well that and Ardor Blossom being a good nuke)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean you lose half your boxes on season switch, right? That's reason enough to get the EGOs imo.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Say, am I the only one who noticed how each Sinner's Sin Affinities in their attacks tend to correspond with sins they partake in?

For example, Faust has a Pride attack, and she's an arrogant all-knowing who constantly brags about how she knows everything.

And Heathcliff quite obviously has a Wrath attack that matches his short temper.

And it also applies to IDs, like how the N Corp. IDs tend to gravitate around Lust (the sadistic pleasure they take in the purging of heretics), Wrath (their burning hatred for all that is heretic) and Pride (their arrogant holier-than-thou attitude and arrogant belief that only they know what's right to do).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Even Dante thinks the Wings seem more like governments than corporations according to today's new notes.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Arzaac posted:

I mean you lose half your boxes on season switch, right? That's reason enough to get the EGOs imo.

All the boxes get converted to 1 shard each. Open them when you get them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

LostRook posted:

All the boxes get converted to 1 shard each. Open them when you get them.

:stare:

why not make it convert to the statistically accurate 2 each, oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Wait, I'm probably wrong. The one shard thing is the older plan.

I think the most recent version is that half the boxes turn to thread boxes and half are kept. Still better to open them immediately.