Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Idk man this one guy managed to tie up like six pages by saying poo poo like "no" and "i disagree" while people cite sources at him so I think thats actually a very value trade for GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

all of the warhammer 30k stuff is marvel garbage

edit

wrong thread

I prefer Age of Sigmar personally

speng31b
May 8, 2010

hit 100. hell yes brother.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

drilldo squirt posted:

What's wrong with vanilla?

Also my favorite.
Here's an article about Ukrainian democracy that I think best sums up the situation.
https://khpg.org/en/1608809962

TL,DR is that a Kharkiv court found that it's legal to pogrom Roma because it's direct democracy.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

isw reporting that cspam is running out of posting shells

source: t.me/strelkovstomper58

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

Also my favorite.
Here's an article about Ukrainian democracy that I think best sums up the situation.
https://khpg.org/en/1608809962

TL,DR is that a Kharkiv court found that it's legal to pogrom Roma because it's direct democracy.

Rules. Based. International. Order

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Danann posted:

isw reporting that cspam is running out of posting shells

source: t.me/strelkovstomper58

(from DonbassDanann, via tgsa)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
speng i would appreciate it if you would not probe the gbs posters until they make a proper puppetmaster defense

tia

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
back in 2018 people could post stuff like this https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blo...-this-headline/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't think gbs posters should be probated unless they display at least two out of the twelve logical fallacies cited in carl sagan's demon haunted world

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

speng i would appreciate it if you would not probe the gbs posters until they make a proper puppetmaster defense

tia

i dont think you are appreciating that i sent the probe in at exactly 100 posts itt. required some decent timing on my part.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

jpmeyer posted:

back in 2018 people could post stuff like this https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blo...-this-headline/

they cleaned up well

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Idk man this one guy managed to tie up like six pages by saying poo poo like "no" and "i disagree" while people cite sources at him so I think thats actually a very value trade for GBS

CSPAM is running out of sources.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol 500 new posts

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

underequipped, undertrained, rationed posts

many such cases

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

jpmeyer posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/arictoler/status/1168204506196336640

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Trying to emigrate to gbs but I can't pass their language tests 😞

speng31b
May 8, 2010

in all seriousness i would have probed him earlier but i stepped away for like the latter 70%, figured it would wind down on its own. sorry it went on for so long lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i'm concerned by these new gbs supersoldiers that can shrug off small posts :ohdear:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I got stuck babysitting, you guys have some decent East Germany movie recommendations?

Last 5 pages have been really boring.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

speng31b posted:

in all seriousness i would have probed him earlier but i stepped away for like the latter 70%, figured it would wind down on its own. sorry it went on for so long lol

chain probe him to make up for your mistake

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Chillgamesh posted:

He stuck to the foundational posting principle which is that it is very difficult to be the more mad one in an internet argument if you keep your posts at a ratio of 1:10 the length of your opponents'. A solid display.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

the issue with the completely reasonable principle of not rewarding aggression is that there is no way of consistently enforcing it, because the only extant possible mechanism of enforcement is incredibly evil imperial powers which themselves enjoy the odd bout of aggression. thus, by taking the position selectively, one makes oneself an instrument of inter-imperial competition. this is very easy to see intellectually but also profoundly morally frustrating and so a lot of otherwise sensible people just choose to ignore it, preferring a kind of madness instead.
Also, the principle of not rewarding aggression isn't absolute--it doesn't require national suicide. If Kyiv had an obligation to International Norms to resist invasion, I'd say they've met it in the past year and a half. Now it is their obligation to heal and rebuild.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

yellowcar posted:

chain probe him to make up for your mistake

feels like a good candidate, yeah

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

E Depois do Adeus posted:

He stuck to the foundational posting principle which is that it is very difficult to be the more mad one in an internet argument if you keep your posts at a ratio of 1:10 the length of your opponents'. A solid display.

Ukraine is disrupting paradigms here, like how they disrupted military training by training people less

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Another boring news day, seems like.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Please provide evidence for this.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i was mad and i'm not afraid to admit it

libs make me mad because they flip from this all being a game to screaming about genocide the next minute, they're fake as gently caress and i hate them. I'm really mad!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

The cool thing about this thread and the war is that there's never actual news

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

The fact that some guy got arrested in Russia over his daughters drawing in school.

using schools for your example of life in the US being better than in Russia is a bold move ill give u that

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

mlmp08 posted:

Ukraine is reporting they shaved off a little more territory north of Bakhmut, but nothing much else going on.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m sorry I didn’t know he was fake posting

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Iirc the reason Yanukovich backed away from the EU deal was they wanted the natural gas subsidy to be cut and eventually phased out, which coupled with Russia charging Ukraine the same price as everyone else rather than the discounted rate they were getting would have really screwed over heaps of people.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

i thought the counter offensive had started due to all the new posts

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
worrying about people fakeposting is just giving them power because you can never know

just respond to everything with fury

like that guy might be fakeposting or he might just be exactly as horrible as he presented, if he wants to be like that then why should i doubt him

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

it’s been Russians main Black Sea port for over 300 years

it would be like France taking over Portsmouth or Mexico taking over Norfolk

Or the USA taking over Vera Cruz?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol why did an anime mod come in here to meltdown

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010