Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

I think he's pointing out that it's entirely possible for LEGO to build high dollar sets with much greater value, so that's kind of his point, yeah

Also, I guess 2K announced 4 seasons of battle passes for LEGO 2K Drive, which means I think they're just trying to include every modern game design sin in one game:

- Season passes / preorderable DLC
- Premium currency
- Microtransactions
- Battlepasses + premium battlepasses
- Always online, even when playing single player
- Core features (Brick Packs for the car designer) paywalled in the premium battlepasses
- "early access" (get to play 3 days before release if you buy a premium version of the game)

And all in a full priced ($60/70) game with two additional price tiers for digital content packs!

Yeah. I was planning to get it to play online with my niece, but I can't in good conscience expose her to that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cojawfee posted:

They couldn't even include a little tile to be the astromech?

The Trench Run diorama has an R2D2 printed tile for the micro X-Wing in that set so I just used the extra one from that for mine:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just bought a whole bunch of Stranger Things bootleg minifigs.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...ayAdapt=glo2usa

I'm still on the lookout for an Argyle. I'm worried his trademark visor with long hair might not be recreated by anybody. But if anybody sees him anywhere plz :justpost:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

a sexual elk posted:

Nice dude, I tried doing the 4 exhaust but big and round worked out better for what pieces I had

Don't suppose you'd be willing to whip up some instructions for this beauty?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’d help you if I could but just kinda winged it haha
1 part resistance x-wing
1 part resistance transport

There’s more pics and angles from when I first built it if you look up my post history, like page 3 not the one with the micro fighter

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 12, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Basically rebuilt the original bit like this

Then some engine bits like this

Then a wing like this

And some cannons

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Thanks! I love the use of the minifig skis on the exposed engine sections :allears: Is 75218 the basis for the design?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

75149, I have Luke’s, the blue/gray and the orange/white x-wings and wanted to have something a little different so threw the Z95 together

Most of the orange X-Wings pieces were used for these

Hammerhead Corvette

Tusk Assault Dropship

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 12, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone posted this over on imgur

https://imgur.com/gallery/M1dJ3c5 <<Click for the full set

Glen Ochtan LEGO Distillery

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
That is insane. The level of detail is phenomenal. I am in the liquor industry and I'm goign to try and get plans from this person to use as a teaching tool.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My headspace was “What about a more modern Headhunter?” My answer was “it is as it always was”
Cheap planetary defense, no need for an Astro droid or hyperdrive, better aero wings for in atmosphere flight and 2 big guns kinda limits it so I added guns up front with 2 micro shield generators covering the cockpit

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a sexual elk posted:

My headspace was “What about a more modern Headhunter?”
An X wing?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Infinitum posted:

Someone posted this over on imgur

https://imgur.com/gallery/M1dJ3c5 <<Click for the full set

Glen Ochtan LEGO Distillery

I expect this but in submarine form from Flyinglemur.

a sexual elk posted:

My headspace was 2 big guns kinda limits it so I added guns up front with 2 micro shield generators covering the cockpit

Oh yeah let's just throw those guns and shield generators on there. No biggie. What's gonna power them? What are they gonna shoot - magic? Typical Star Wars. 🙄

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I have no idea if they're account-locked, and the fine print doesn't suggest they are, but literally a *day after* I bought a good friend of mine the Lego Shuttle (which is back in stock) as a two-month-belated birthday gift, Lego sent me a $10 off $65 and $15 off $100 coupon code.

I want two goons to get one each, so whomever replies first with their preference gets that one and the runner up gets the other. Seems preferable to multiple PMs, and I'm loath to just post them because they're very clearly single-use.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I have no idea if they're account-locked, and the fine print doesn't suggest they are, but literally a *day after* I bought a good friend of mine the Lego Shuttle (which is back in stock) as a two-month-belated birthday gift, Lego sent me a $10 off $65 and $15 off $100 coupon code.

I want two goons to get one each, so whomever replies first with their preference gets that one and the runner up gets the other. Seems preferable to multiple PMs, and I'm loath to just post them because they're very clearly single-use.

I was on vacation and did not order the new SW stuff, so I would happily take a code to order some bricks :)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Habibi posted:

I expect this but in submarine form from Flyinglemur.

Fitting, since it may just lead me to a relapse.

I'm kidding.

Mostly

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

kensei posted:

I was on vacation and did not order the new SW stuff, so I would happily take a code to order some bricks :)

Which one? I'll PM it to you and cross it out in my OP.

I'm assuming if it's SW stuff it'd be the $15 off $100?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

a sexual elk posted:

My headspace was “What about a more modern Headhunter?” My answer was “it is as it always was”
Cheap planetary defense, no need for an Astro droid or hyperdrive, better aero wings for in atmosphere flight and 2 big guns kinda limits it so I added guns up front with 2 micro shield generators covering the cockpit

I mean some things call for an F22 and some things call for an F16

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've never seen LEGO send discount codes. You know why they sent it? And I'd happily take one if still available. I'd be happy with either, but the 15/100 one would be nice with a $370 set in 3 weeks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I've never seen LEGO send discount codes. You know why they sent it? And I'd happily take one if still available. I'd be happy with either, but the 15/100 one would be nice with a $370 set in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately both codes expire on 5/21. I'm just waiting to hear which code kensei wants and then you can have the other, unless the expiration doesn't work with your plans.

And they sent it because I hadn't bought a set from them since 2021. The email was titled "We want you back! Come enjoy an exclusive offer 🎁"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh, I will pass then. Thank you. Hopefully someone is going to make an order in the next week or so.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yeah, I will take the $15 off $100 - thank you so much!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

$15 coupon claimed, $10 off $65 still up for grabs, expires 5/21.

Fair warning, though - the email says "or" in regards to said promo codes, so once the $15 is used the $10 one might be deactivated. :shrugs:

I just figure they should get *some* use.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 13, 2023

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Thanks!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Just moved, and I didn't want to take some of my bigger sets (like modulars) apart to box them up, or just put them in boxes build and trust them to stay together during the move. I was moving from my mum's place to a place of my own, so I didn't need to move everything at once.
Had the idea to put them in a granny trolly and take them from one flat to the other one at a time, since it's only a half-hour walk.

Welp.

My Lighthouse shook itself apart. I don't think I'm going to figure this out, probably easier to take the actual lighthouse apart all the way and build it again following the building instructions.

I was thinking about finally starting on the City of Lanterns this weekend. Guess I'm doing this instead.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Veotax posted:

My Lighthouse shook itself apart.

Sure, that's one way to say "the eldritch monstrosity you must alert those on the sea away from"

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Not that I am planning on moving anytime soon, but I occasionally have thoughts about what to do with the large sets if I ever do move.

Most of the UCS sets I will just buckle down and break apart back into numbered ziploc bags. I already do that occasionally for space for new builds. But for the UCS Falcon I have no clue what I would do about that. Place it in its own box with all the padding I can muster. Or maybe just break it apart into its own storage tub to eventually rebuild from one giant pile.

Currently building the UCS Razorcrest, and while it won’t be quite the same problem, I have a feeling it will be a similar problem.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe one of the tv boxes that uhaul sells could handle the falcon. Wrap it up in garbage bags to catch any pieces that fall off, wrap that in towels, and hope for the best.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just use super glue

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My buddy drove around all afternoon with a built falcon in the back of an SUV and it seemed fine. I think he had it on some blankets.

If I was doing a short move I'd probably just take the panels off and wrap them up and then put the frame on a flat part of my car. If it was a long move total disassembly seems like the only reasonable option.

I have thought many times about how Legos are going to make my life hell the next time I have to move.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I have a lot of custom builds with no instructions, moving will suck haha

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The boxes Rexam ships pill bottles in to pharmacies are great for modulars - just the right size for a base plate, and tall enough that you usually don’t have to take too much off the roof to close up the box.

Of course, unless you’re like me and both your wife and your father work in a pharmacy, you’d have to make a weird ask the next time you’re picking up your medication.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I have a lot of custom builds with no instructions, moving will suck haha

My approach to that is to recreate the build in stud.io while disassembling it. Means it's possible to recreate it in the future if I want.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Dont know if this was posted yet but they put Darth Vader and Luke in the Death Star :allears:

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Breaking apart sets and rebuilding is half the fun of moving or renovations. Finished the ISS, moonlander, horizon zero dawn and an old model team set in the last week, next up are the space shuttle and saturn. And got space for more sets so i'm going to see what i can dig out of storage to rebuild after that.

And one pile'd all of them

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Orvin posted:

Not that I am planning on moving anytime soon, but I occasionally have thoughts about what to do with the large sets if I ever do move.

Most of the UCS sets I will just buckle down and break apart back into numbered ziploc bags. I already do that occasionally for space for new builds. But for the UCS Falcon I have no clue what I would do about that. Place it in its own box with all the padding I can muster. Or maybe just break it apart into its own storage tub to eventually rebuild from one giant pile.

Currently building the UCS Razorcrest, and while it won’t be quite the same problem, I have a feeling it will be a similar problem.

i did it recently and the movers wrap that you can get is really good.

you'll want to break off any looser pieces but otherwise just use a bunch of movers wrap and it'll stay in one piece.

the ones i cared less about i just put in a ziplock bag to make sure all the pieces would stay together

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rebuilding is fun but I despise disassembling sets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

Rebuilding is fun but I despise disassembling sets.

Same, I just really hate it

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Just keep dropping it.

Do I have to think of everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wanna talk about one pile? Last time I moved I broke about 40 Star Wars sets down into one big tub…took me about year to reassemble every thing….so much gray