Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hischier has been either falling or not able to clear the puck out of the zone this whole game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The period overall has been pretty good though. Needed to bury that Palat chance. Carolina isn't pinching as much late so that's helping the breakout.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

jesus CHRIST these turnovers

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bonus hockey!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
end of that period was an absolute disaster. but it's still there for the taking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus, Devils barely hung on by the skin of their teeth, there.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
They created enough to be up earlier in the period. Hopefully they have enough left to get back to that.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

timo meier missing that wide open net is gonna haunt me

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
if the devils lose it won't be because timo missed the open net. it'll be because their goaltending let jordan martinook score 10 points

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

secret volcano lair posted:

timo meier missing that wide open net is gonna haunt me

There were like 4 or 5 high danger misses right after that too. Unfortunate but it's a close game and very much there for them.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

corn on the cop posted:

if the devils lose it won't be because timo missed the open net. it'll be because their goaltending let jordan martinook score 10 points

that's true but did you see how open that net was

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am pretty nervous because I think Carolina is better at maintaining composure and not making mistakes, but if the Devils can steal a win here, I would actually feel pretty good about their chances in coming back in the series

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

secret volcano lair posted:

that's true but did you see how open that net was

lol based on the last five minutes of that period carolina could have just as easily tied it in the alternate universe

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, puck drop scheduled for midnight.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Do we really need old washed up Rangers losers commenting on devils game?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
9 goals in three of the games so far in the Dallas-Seattle series, lets try and hit double digits tonight, defense and goaltending suck anyway.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

So Marchment has hotbrains, then?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

i like how we're in game 5 OT and the devils still think blindly throwing the puck around the boards is gonna get it out of the zone against this team

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

does the carolina goalie have a dinosaur on his helmet? lol

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lets goo

Nice and early

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
DALLAS

STARS

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

not feelin this game for kraken

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wyatt

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

The fact that Johnston lives with Pavelski and his family is adorable

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Refs were gonna let the Devils get eliminated on a odd man rush sprung by a blatant trip.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Johnston’s having a hell of a season.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Refs were gonna let the Devils get eliminated on a odd man rush sprung by a blatant trip.

they're literally not gonna call anything may as well start tripping ourselves

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Roooooooopeeeeeeee

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dallas looks sharp

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
I'm no expert but I think Grubauer might have turned back into a pumpkin, rip

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

grub is back to a pumpkin

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ROOPE AHHHHHHH

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I AM ALREADY HOARSE

also this stadium was extreeeeeeeemely antsy. Lots of anger for little mistakes early on.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

LMAO

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ladies and gentlemen, the worst penalty.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:regd09:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Oh Devils no

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

are you loving kidding me siegenthaler? the one thing they're going to call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU