Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Math was the only thing I gave a poo poo about in college so while failing all of my other classes I also studied on my own to test out of calc 2 and 3 and Linear Algebra so I could jump ahead to topology and real analysis.

Don’t lie, you just didn’t want to stay in Lockett Hall any longer than you had to.

Not that I blame you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

fast cars loose anus posted:

(which I finally did in 2021)

congrats, posting bro

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My college math story:

Being a political scientist, we only had to take some fairly basic algebra classes. I'm more of an applied geometry type of math understanding, so that academic math is a huge stumbling block for me. I bombed the mid term in the last one I had to take. I mean like I got a 45 or something. Slaughtered. Turns out most of the class failed too.

Our only hope was that the instructor told us that a 100 percent on the final and you'd pass, no questions asked. That strategy was right out, as far as I was concerned. Between quizzes and homework, I determined that if I got around a 90 on the final, I'd pass. A challenge to be sure.

I studied hard, had my brother helping me over the phone, anything I could think of. Test comes and I come out confident. Get grades back: it was in the high 80s. Missed the target. Devastated.

Final grades come back and I passed the class? Puzzled, I mentioned it to my brother. He looks over my grades and points out that I'd made a mistake calculating my target and I only needed a score in the mid 80s.

I was so bad at math that I couldn't even figure out how bad I could be at math.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
To me the best NCAA visit was the 2019 Clemson tigers. We got the glorious McDonalds spread.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

soggybagel posted:

To me the best NCAA visit was the 2019 Clemson tigers. We got the glorious McDonalds spread.

Hadn't noticed Lincoln back there with the :hmmyes: vibes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

Hadn't noticed Lincoln back there with the :hmmyes: vibes

Abe preferred In-N-Out with Bill and Ted.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Math was the only thing I gave a poo poo about in college so while failing all of my other classes I also studied on my own to test out of calc 2 and 3 and Linear Algebra so I could jump ahead to topology and real analysis.

I tried to get a math minor because I had freed up a bunch of class time from getting AP credits, but I couldn't understand linear and abstract algebra. I somehow got through my Theory of Linear Algebra with a B, but I think that was mostly me getting lucky on tests. I was getting a D in Abstract Algebra before I dropped it at the midterms and gave up on the math minor. I'm still pretty sad about that because the third class was just some Stats class I could've sleepwalked through, but I didn't understand abstract at all. I'm impressed by anyone who understands that stuff.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Honestly, if I was dining at the White House and they gave me a Literally Perfect Steak like you'd expect at a fancy dinner, it probably wouldn't feel like anything other than every other White House dinner ever.

But if I walked in there and the President is standing there like "you want some of these Arby's curly fries" I'd think it was loving hilarious.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sash! posted:

Honestly, if I was dining at the White House and they gave me a Literally Perfect Steak like you'd expect at a fancy dinner, it probably wouldn't feel like anything other than every other White House dinner ever.

But if I walked in there and the President is standing there like "you want some of these Arby's curly fries" I'd think it was loving hilarious.

Lol as if he’d share.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
gummy, room temp McDonald's with the worst host imaginable

i would not have gone, i went to the white house in the 8th grade on a tour, it's not worth all that

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Lol as if he’d share.

I'm thinking of a general conceptual president rather than any specific president

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Seaniqua posted:

congrats, posting bro

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sash! posted:

I'm thinking of a general conceptual president rather than any specific president

I don’t really see any other president laying out the McDonald’s type fast food spreads.

If the president is offering Arby’s, America is over.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

I don’t really see any other president laying out the McDonald’s type fast food spreads.

poo poo now you've given me a project on thinking about presidents most likely to lay out McDonald's to receive guests. We obviously know our #1, but Clinton's gotta be up there I think?

W.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Don’t lie, you just didn’t want to stay in Lockett Hall any longer than you had to.

Not that I blame you.

My first dorm room was in the basement of Highland Hall, literally anywhere was a better place to spend time than there. I enrolled late and was with the absolute worst people. In one semester I got into a fist fight with the guy next door because he threw up in my sink at 3am and left, then got called into the deans of students because someone from my room wrote anti-Semitic and homophobic graffiti on a kids door in deodorant, then got called in again because someone from the room next door projectile vomited on his bedding and just threw it in the hallway and left it there for days.

It was insane. I was living with hill people.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

poo poo now you've given me a project on thinking about presidents most likely to lay out McDonald's to receive guests. We obviously know our #1, but Clinton's gotta be up there I think?

W.

Bill would sneak off his jog and get a Big Mac or a McMuffin, but there ain’t no way Hillary would allow a McDonald’s dinner like that. MAYBE some award winning barbecue. Maybe.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Soul Glo posted:

gummy, room temp McDonald's with the worst host imaginable

i would not have gone, i went to the white house in the 8th grade on a tour, it's not worth all that

You'd literally be partaking in a once in a lifetime event, and I don't mean going to the White House. You'd be at the summit of the Everest of camp and bad taste. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Watching my dumb goober coach suck up to a craven shitheart who has no idea he exists

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

W.

Now I just keep thinking of this https://youtu.be/4ZHviz6yxjs?t=32

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Stolen valor

https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1656473518622535681?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Do Vandy fans do :secsmug:?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I really waffle on Jimbo because I find his schtick insufferable, but he's one of the few coaches who ever says anything interesting. Even if it's petty, childish bullshit, at least it's funny.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Seaniqua posted:

I really waffle on Jimbo because I find his schtick insufferable, but he's one of the few coaches who ever says anything interesting. Even if it's petty, childish bullshit, at least it's funny.

Ah yes, the Steve Spurrier Chair for Insufferable Bastardry

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Ah yes, the Steve Spurrier Chair for Insufferable Bastardry

Jimbo wishes he was a tenth as interesting as Spurrier

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

App's SEC invite coming any minute now

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

This

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Lol seriously. Also Kiffin is right there. He’s the only one even approaching Spurrier levels of snark and even he’s not close.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol seriously. Also Kiffin is right there. He’s the only one even approaching Spurrier levels of snark and even he’s not close.

Yeah Kiffin is the only other one in the neighborhood in my lifetime.

Everyone else is a boring football psycho, or a massive dumdum meathead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can imagine Drinkwitz being annoying, but Mizzou has to be at least somewhat good before anyone would ever care too much.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

NFL can gently caress all the way off with this scheduling a game on Black Friday nonsense.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Spurrier was funny. Jimbo just pisses and moans about how unfair everything is while making a massive amount of guaranteed money for crap performance.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Enos Cabell posted:

NFL can gently caress all the way off with this scheduling a game on Black Friday nonsense.

It's the Dolphins and Jets, no one cares

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

A moment of silence will be had before a 21 PAAAAAAAAAAAWL salute.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1656658186982522880

God speed and Mulga had better put up a statue.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so is AJ Henning good?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

A moment of silence will be had before a 21 PAAAAAAAAAAAWL salute.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1656658186982522880

God speed and Mulga had better put up a statue.

Glad this lady got to go out on a Tennessee win imo

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 12, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

R.D. Mangles posted:

so is AJ Henning good?

the michigan receiver group was not outstanding last year and he couldn't really get touches. he mostly ran jet sweeps and handled returns.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the michigan receiver group was not outstanding last year and he couldn't really get touches. he mostly ran jet sweeps and handled returns.

this makes him instantly better than every northwestern receiver on the roster

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

R.D. Mangles posted:

this makes him instantly better than every northwestern receiver on the roster

I thought about saying something like that but I thought it was too mean

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It is what it was.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

we had a legit badass receiver in Malik Washington who didn't look good because of the complete mess at QB last year and transferred to UVA, but hopefully having competent 37 year old quarterback this year will actually let us have a passing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I can't wait to see whatever QB Northwestern trots out this year inexplicably get snaps in the NFL in about 3 years time.