Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Unopened boxes turn to thread boxes, egoshards turn to thread, open at end of season or don’t—it’s not the biggest deal there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

studio mujahideen posted:

four n corp plus kuro ryoshu is a great time

she was my mainstay until the funny chicken event but it's real hard to talk myself out of chef ryoshu now

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God I love Chef Ryoshu. I know she's not quite as good as like R Heath or W Don, but holy poo poo does she drop some crazy damage when your enemies are low on health

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

red plastic cup posted:

Leviathan opens on or around Christmas where Tomerry destroys the orphanage and Verg & Iori fight. Vergilius meets up with Garnet some time after (how long?) and the rest of Leviathan happens, ending with Vergilius and Charon meeting Faust and being recruited into Limbus Company.

Kromer and her Nagel und Hammer goons kill Sinclair's family sometime prior to the start of the game (near Christmas? Sinclair was going to get the head-prosthetic operation soon, perhaps as a Christmas present?) and go on to occupy Calw, setting up the bodies of the townsfolk to sing Silent Night. I don't think they were occupying the town for too long because the first sign of trouble was when N-Corp ambushed the bus as they were driving closer. If N-Corp had been in Calw for an extended period of time, I'd have thought that there would be something like a warning at the K-Corp checkpoint or K-Corp guards blocking off the road itself.

Did both of those events happen in 983-12?

The end of Library of Ruina's gotta be 982-12 at the very least, surely? Since there's a time gap between the first chapter and the rest. One of the orphan becomes a fixer in Vergil's office, and the prologue for Limbus Company happens on 984-01. The timing does not work out at all for that orphan to get his license after an event like that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm still really confused as to how Lion, Wolf and Panther fit into all of this. They don't seem to be N-Corp related.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I'm still really confused as to how Lion, Wolf and Panther fit into all of this. They don't seem to be N-Corp related.
They're Iori's people, so they're a third party entirely. The thing they were doing with Dante at the start of the game is likely completely unrelated to anything Limbus Company is involved with beyond Dante being there.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I wouldn't be so sure that the antagonistic party toward us is N Corp either. Sure, a good chunk of our rivals seems to be coming from that company, but I don't think Hong Lu's family is from there? And I didn't really get the impression that Kramer's group was with the rival faction?

And you're forgetting about the third faction, that Demian seems to be involved in.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 12, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Fair enough. Plus, Sonya seems to be way more of a free agent than anything else.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Tbh, I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if at some point we rebel against the greater Limbus Company, or at least go rogue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1639221486698532867

yeah their concept art makes it pretty clear who the with how hard its emphasizing panther's earrings.

also if you wanna dig into it, they're a reference to three animals dante encounters at the start of dante's inferno, and digging deeper from there, it's a reference to a bible verse.

quote:

Jeremiah 5
1 Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.
2 And though they say, The LORD liveth; surely they swear falsely.
3 O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.
4 Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God.
5 I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, and burst the bonds.
6 Wherefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, and a wolf of the evenings shall spoil them, a panther shall watch over their cities: every one that goeth out thence shall be torn in pieces: because their transgressions are many, and their backslidings are increased.

the whole thing's about how ignorance isnt an excuse if im reading it right, which seems to apply to dante's amnesia - he's still responsible for whatever he was doing before, since he keeps 'sinning.'

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I actually read part of Inferno for a college English class. From what I understand, the wolf represents lust or greed, the lion represents pride/arrogance, and the panther represents deception/fraud.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Marluxia posted:

I wouldn't be so sure that the antagonistic party toward us is N Corp either. Sure, a good chunk of our rivals seems to be coming from that company, but I don't think Hong Lu's family is from there? And I didn't really get the impression that Kromer’s group was with the rival faction?

And you're forgetting about the third faction, that Demian seems to be involved in.

Hong Lu’s brother Jia Huan turned up with the darker-clothed N Corp group at the end of Canto I - with Hermann and Gubo.

As for those guys not matching the Inquisitors… yeah we don’t have an explanation for that I think…

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1656882738161664000

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

AweStriker posted:

Hong Lu’s brother Jia Huan turned up with the darker-clothed N Corp group at the end of Canto I - with Hermann and Gubo.

As for those guys not matching the Inquisitors… yeah we don’t have an explanation for that I think…

That's what I'm saying, tho. They might not be N Corp.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Hermann is clearly involved in a higher level N Corp project involving the golden boughs. probably mass producing distortions. not every single N corp person is gonna be like the inquisitors.

those guys are definitely N Corp

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

not even on the updated roadmap >:V
i already sharded everything the bastards

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, so they WERE season 1 EGOs! Neat. I guess waiting until the last possible moment before touching shards/boxes pays off.:smugdog:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Welp, good thing I didn't use up my boxes before that announcement. It does absolutely confirm "do not use up your boxes until the week before a season ends". At least if they're good I can prob shard both of them now, but I'll do a few pulls just in case.

Does this EGO fall on the old roadmap dates?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yi Sang’s chapter is next, and we’ve established a connection between him and Gubo. What do you think will happen in his chapter:

-Gubo will be the final fight, and die in the end
-Gubo will be the final fight, but escape to be fought again later
-Gubo will be fought at some point in the chapter but is not the final fight
-Gubo will be antagonistic during the chapter but remain unfought
-Gubo will not appear in Yi Sang’s chapter

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Junpei posted:

Yi Sang’s chapter is next, and we’ve established a connection between him and Gubo. What do you think will happen in his chapter:

Well, considering that he's part of the main evil trio, his death is unlikely.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Just finished bingereading Demian.

And if there is more to tell about Sinclair's story that follows the story...well...I'm afraid :(

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Marluxia posted:

The end of Library of Ruina's gotta be 982-12 at the very least, surely? Since there's a time gap between the first chapter and the rest. One of the orphan becomes a fixer in Vergil's office, and the prologue for Limbus Company happens on 984-01. The timing does not work out at all for that orphan to get his license after an event like that.

It's been a while since I've looked at Leviathan, but I thought that Garnet & Lapis were already adults (and that Garnet was already a fixer with Seven Association) when the orphanage was destroyed.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

My money is on "Gubo presents a threat and produces / trots out the big fight of the chapter, but is not directly fought himself." He very much strikes me as a "stand back and watch" villain.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

red plastic cup posted:

It's been a while since I've looked at Leviathan, but I thought that Garnet & Lapis were already adults (and that Garnet was already a fixer with Seven Association) when the orphanage was destroyed.

Even assuming this, that's still a tight time span, Leviathan starts at the end of December, being Christmas, and then it seems like there's some kind of time skip, maybe a couple of days, maybe months. But if it's days, then that places it in January, and Limbus Company starts January.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Does this EGO fall on the old roadmap dates?

Yeah, the old roadmap had an EGO dropping at the same time as Canto IV. They probably decided to drop it now so as to avoid a content lull, since the post-launch gacha EGOs haven't really been relevant to the main story yet anyway.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Dante's Notes update: Not much on why the Sinners are called... well, "Sinners", but Meursault apparently provided some minor details on N Corp: Nagel Und Hammer is split into two factions under the name of "Nail" and "Hammer", the inquisitors weren't as prevalent when he worked there, and weren't the majority faction. Kromer's group was a bunch of extremists, and N Corp isn't radically different from the rest of the Corps aside from some rigidness.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Junpei posted:

Dante's Notes update: Not much on why the Sinners are called... well, "Sinners", but Meursault apparently provided some minor details on N Corp: Nagel Und Hammer is split into two factions under the name of "Nail" and "Hammer", the inquisitors weren't as prevalent when he worked there, and weren't the majority faction. Kromer's group was a bunch of extremists, and N Corp isn't radically different from the rest of the Corps aside from some rigidness.

We now know that Nagel und Hammer is the name of the Wing itself.

We now know the proper name of what is likely to be the main antagonistic faction of Limbus Company.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

We now know that Nagel und Hammer is the name of the Wing itself.

We now know the proper name of what is likely to be the main antagonistic faction of Limbus Company.

I'm pretty sure the main antagonistic faction is the group from the end of the first chapter, who have a few members of N-Corp (potentially ex-members at that) but Nagel and Hammer seem to be specific to some but not all Sinners. Sinclair obviously, Meursault might see their return during his chapter. Rodya's foe faction is likely Yurodiv though, when we get back round to her, and Gregor has Smoke War Veterans and his "mother" who is ex-g corp and may or may not be now working for N corp.

Outis also might end up with Smoke War Veterans, at which point I could see two sinners stories per enemy faction.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, and this is totally just random speculation:

Netzach mentions that Giovanni grew up in a K Corp orphanage. Given what we see of the security checkpoints, I wonder if it wasn't that his parents died so much as he got separated at immigration into the Nest.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Junpei posted:

They're also a reference to the original Divine Comedy story/self insert fanfiction. Dante gets chased through the woods by them before he meets his guide Vergil, I believe. Make of that what you will.

Also, factoring in all the stuff over all the different media N corp was heavily implied to be using extremist groups like Nagel und Hammer to murder, terrorize, and make people shy away from potential competition to their products. Basically, it appears to be a case of capitalists wielding right wing/conservative extremists for the capitalist's profit in a dramatized* version of real life. That the nails are also part of a product they use to harvest experiences is a financial bonus that helps sustain the numbers by brainwashing more recruits with the extremist dogma without N corp having to go out and do the work of finding more bastards and victims themselves.

They're a wee bit more sinister than your average wing in that regard, since they're setting up genocides for profit using reactionary extremist groups as a proxy. Meursalt seems to be missing out on the social context, which is admittedly a very Meursalt thing to do.

*Or if you live in a country where the government colludes with capitalists to try to organize or actually outright exterminate groups for some form of profit be it political or financial, it's just a literal example in this case.

I did a a massive :words: post on them awhile back that goes into this and other stuff about them. Keep in mind that Nagel Und Hammer straight up has a bible, on the go religious scripture they quote to ward off dissenters and doubt, and a crusader and inquisition motif that mirrors how christians have a habit of exterminating out groups at the behest of their leaders who are in bed with shady sorts of folks. It's pretty on the nose in that regard, and i'd be willing to bet they're at least somewhat riffing off of groups like the US's fundamentalists and evangelicals in that regard given their behavior towards certain minority groups.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 13, 2023

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Does anybody know what the daily bonus for the thread luxcavations actually gives, it's really unclear.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
for the highest difficulty, it gives +3 thread per clear
that means if you play manually you get 6 thread instead of 3, and if you pay double stamina for the skip you get 9 thread instead of 6.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Onehandclapping posted:

Does anybody know what the daily bonus for the thread luxcavations actually gives, it's really unclear.

e: beaten and my numbers were also wrong. oops.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm pretty sure the main antagonistic faction is the group from the end of the first chapter, who have a few members of N-Corp (potentially ex-members at that) but Nagel and Hammer seem to be specific to some but not all Sinners. Sinclair obviously, Meursault might see their return during his chapter. Rodya's foe faction is likely Yurodiv though, when we get back round to her, and Gregor has Smoke War Veterans and his "mother" who is ex-g corp and may or may not be now working for N corp.

Outis also might end up with Smoke War Veterans, at which point I could see two sinners stories per enemy faction.

So far, my guesses for the unfocused Sinner's antagonists:

Yi Sang: Gubo, obvs.
Hong Lu: Jia Huan, also obvs.
Ishmael: Either Ahab or the whale itself. Or possibly both.
Heathcliff: I don't think Cathy would end up being a villain. Either Hindley or Edgar?
Don Quixote: Her EGO's name would point to Sancho being the obvious pick, but it could also be Dulcinea.
Faust: I actually don't think it'll really come from the book itself, just broadly the Limbus Company higher-ups. Maybe one of 'em will be named Gretchen, who knows.
Ryoshu: I'm really confused about this because I remember that Ryoshu represents Yoshihide, but her name comes from an alternate reading of the Lord of Horikawa, so I could see Ryoshu's enemy being named Yoshihide or Horikawa. I don't think it'll be Yuzuki, though.
Outis: Odysseus pisses off so many people that I could see Polyphemus, Poseidon, Circe, or Agamemnon being the villain of her chapter.
Meursault: Man I dunno. Raymond?

EDIT: Also, where do your think Siegfried will show up again? He's from a German work, so Faust would make sense, but his showing up is connected so much to Don Quixote that it'd make sense if he showed up again in her chapter, too.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 13, 2023

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Junpei posted:

Heathcliff: I don't think Cathy would end up being a villain. Either Hindley or Edgar?
Don Quixote: Her EGO's name would point to Sancho being the obvious pick, but it could also be Dulcinea.
Faust: I actually don't think it'll really come from the book itself, just broadly the Limbus Company higher-ups. Maybe one of 'em will be named Gretchen, who knows.
Ryoshu: I'm really confused about this because I remember that Ryoshu represents Yoshihide, but her name comes from an alternate reading of the Lord of Horikawa, so I could see Ryoshu's enemy being named Yoshihide or Horikawa. I don't think it'll be Yuzuki, though.
Outis: Odysseus pisses off so many people that I could see Polyphemus, Poseidon, Circe, or Agamemnon being the villain of her chapter.

Meursalt's enemy might just straight up be N corp or where ever he worked itself. Not sure how the hell they'd pull it off but his book has such a grim and cynical bent with only a few characters involved in it for most of it that not much else would fit unless they take some liberties.

Keep in mind that Meursalt's story culminates in him being put on trial and being convicted and sentenced to death not for the murder he committed and was supposed to be tried for but for straight up admitting to being an atheist to the Algerian french colonials that were explicitly stated to not care if he murdered a native since they were all racist holier than thou shitbags. Everything else was circumstantial nonsense that didn't even have relevance and was utterly ridiculous bullshit used to justify sentencing him to death for being an atheist. Heck, he's even given a chance to renounce his beliefs in exchange for a pardon or being judged as innocent and he declines, ironically proving that despite his murder he's got more morals than the colonials in a bizarre and absurdist sort of way.

Aside from a proxy in the form of the hanging judge, the priest at the end (Who he throttles for trying to force last rights or a renunciation of his beliefs in exchange for relief from being executed onto him despite his stated beliefs. Essentially, religious blackmail.), or his dickhead girlfriend beating friend who technically started the whole mess that lead to his downfall i'm not sure if he even has a singular villain.

At the end of the day Meursalt's "enemy" (Insofar as the story goes, as he simply cannot be made to care about society at large.) was a rotten society which was prejudiced and hypocritical in the extreme and all too willing to condemn someone for things that have no guilt attached to them, morally speaking. All while being so called good christians who were stealing land from the native Algerians and genociding them while not caring that a man murdered an Algerian native until his atheism was made known to them.

Fits with his EGO too, since it refers to the chains of others binding someone down.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 13, 2023

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Meursault is going to fight Society itself and win.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

EDIT: Also, where do your think Siegfried will show up again? He's from a German work, so Faust would make sense, but his showing up is connected so much to Don Quixote that it'd make sense if he showed up again in her chapter, too.
The obvious choice for Don Quixote's main antagonist isn't Sancho or Dulcinea but the Knight of Mirrors - really Alonso Quijano's friend Sanson Carrasco attempting to save Don from their own madness - whose defeat of Don Quixote forces him to face reality and regain his sanity before dying of depression. However...

There's also a knight-like figure standing amongst the group that Damien's a part of, who's a much more likely candidate for being Sanson.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 13, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Archonex posted:

Meursalt's enemy might just straight up be N corp or where ever he worked itself. Not sure how the hell they'd pull it off but his book has such a grim and cynical bent with only a few characters involved in it for most of it that not much else would fit unless they take some liberties.

Keep in mind that Meursalt's story culminates in him being put on trial and being convicted and sentenced to death not for the murder he committed and was supposed to be tried for but for straight up admitting to being an atheist to the Algerian french colonials that were explicitly stated to not care if he murdered a native since they were all racist holier than thou shitbags. Everything else was circumstantial nonsense that didn't even have relevance and was utterly ridiculous bullshit used to justify sentencing him to death for being an atheist. Heck, he's even given a chance to renounce his beliefs in exchange for a pardon or being judged as innocent and he declines, ironically proving that despite his murder he's got more morals than the colonials in a bizarre and absurdist sort of way.

Aside from a proxy in the form of the hanging judge, the priest at the end (Who he throttles for trying to force last rights or a renunciation of his beliefs in exchange for relief from being executed onto him despite his stated beliefs. Essentially, religious blackmail.), or his dickhead girlfriend beating friend who technically started the whole mess that lead to his downfall i'm not sure if he even has a singular villain.

At the end of the day Meursalt's "enemy" (Insofar as the story goes, as he simply cannot be made to care about society at large.) was a rotten society which was prejudiced and hypocritical in the extreme and all too willing to condemn someone for things that have no guilt attached to them, morally speaking. All while being so called good christians who were stealing land from the native Algerians and genociding them while not caring that a man murdered an Algerian native until his atheism was made known to them.

Fits with his EGO too, since it refers to the chains of others binding someone down.

If the Inquisition is the "Nail" half of Nagel und Hammer, maybe Meursaults focus will be the uhhhh, Hammer, part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

If the Inquisition is the "Nail" half of Nagel und Hammer, maybe Meursaults focus will be the uhhhh, Hammer, part.

Guido refers to himself as a hammer of the one who grips, and Sinclair says, when talking about the past, that people calling themselves hammers started to appear in town. I think it's fair to say that the inquisition is the Hammer part.