Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Still at work, but managed to snatch Zelda from the small local electronics shop on the other side of the street from my office

And what a coincidence, I had to take some vacation days next week, for completely unrelated reasons

As soon as I'm back home, my official Week of Zelda begins. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Frankston posted:

I love how Link now hums little tunes from past Zelda games when he's cooking

say what

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Blaziken386 posted:

hi i just jumped into a chasm and hey, game? what the gently caress

:getin: cant wait for the non-leaked spoiled reactions to slowly trickle in for this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wasn't expecting the Stables to just have your horses from BotW still :magical:.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Blaziken386 posted:

hi i just jumped into a chasm and hey, game? what the gently caress

I don't know if I was in a chasm, I just found a cave, but there were, uh, hands. Too many hands.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've heard ballad of the wind fish and epona's theme so far

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YggiDee posted:

I don't know if I was in a chasm, I just found a cave, but there were, uh, hands. Too many hands.

Was there a shrine there? I think I found the same one and couldn't be out of there fast enough.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So far I've noticed snippets of Saria's Song, Epona's Song and Ballad of the Wind Fish.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

:getin: cant wait for the non-leaked spoiled reactions to slowly trickle in for this.
see, i knew that the depths were a thing, but i was not expecting the very first area to be a giant massive chasm THAT size, with giant mushrooms and hosed up lizards and the ceiling so high it may as well be the sky :stonk:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Tip about the gachapon machines:
You get 12 items for putting in 5, never put in just 1

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Hogama posted:

So far I've noticed snippets of Saria's Song, Epona's Song and Ballad of the Wind Fish.

I've heard OoT Hyrule Field, Kass' song, and the Champions Ballad too :allears:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I think one of the weakest part of the game is also on of the stronger. The game don' really give you directions where to go, or are easy to miss.

Pretty often the solution involve just walking back to the npc and paying more attention to what he have to say, but still. I think is what separate this game from a 9.97 to a 10.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I died like 5 times trying to make this zonai wing work lol.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Icedude posted:

I've heard OoT Hyrule Field, Kass' song, and the Champions Ballad too :allears:

Frankston posted:

I've heard ballad of the wind fish and epona's theme so far

Hogama posted:

:eyepop:
I've only heard the default botw one so far :negative:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
excellent moment so far: going into the depths and finding a weird statue, going "huh wonder what that's all about", going to talk to josha, and immediately getting a quest where she asks me to go take a picture of thosr statues.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is that what we’re getting instead of a hang glider

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
TOK physics are strangely chill, like in a real physic simulator game toy, having a fan in the wrong spot will make the plane inmediatelly flip, or fly in circles. But here the game is chill and don't care much about exact positioning most of the time, and things just work. I am sure nintendo had a army of enginers figuring out how to achieve that, and don't seems easy.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 12, 2023

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
WHY IS THIS GAME SO COOL
HOW DID THEY MAKE IT RUN SO WELL ON A GODDAMN NINTENDO SWITCH

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Boy I feel no shame in looking up some shrine solutions because I had tried the exact type of solution but because my combine set-up was slightly off it broke and never worked, so I tried literally every other possible thing I could think of.

Otherwise, cool, and seems like there's a lot of stuff, but there's no info about anything, and the first map tower I try to reach aside from the story linked one has no clear indication of how to activate it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone figure out a way to launch the Zonai wings without any rails?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RatHat posted:

Put some wheels on it

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

RatHat posted:

Lift it up with god hand, put it back down, go stand on it and rewind until it's up in the air

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pentyne posted:

Put some wheels on it

Oh, that's a good idea. Haven't gotten any yet but when I do I'll try that

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I died like 5 times trying to make this zonai wing work lol.

It was no fun being high up in the sky on a wing then realizing those things have a limited lifetime

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I just found Kilton. He has a brother now :aaa:

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

:eyepop:
I've only heard the default botw one so far :negative:

The actual cooking music is the same, but instead of making a weird "coo coo coo" noise during it Link hums those songs instead

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does cooking work the same as in BotW?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Seems like it

I just got off the skyland, I think that a good break point to go to bed

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RatHat posted:

Does cooking work the same as in BotW?

Yep

They've improved it actually, you can cook recipes directly now

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

junan_paalla posted:

Lift it up with god hand, put it back down, go stand on it and rewind until it's up in the air

:-O

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
That trick has so many utilities. I love sending a platform around a moblin base with ultra hand and then getting on it, recalling, and using it as a mobile aerial assault platform

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Costco Meatballs posted:

That trick has so many utilities. I love sending a platform around a moblin base with ultra hand and then getting on it, recalling, and using it as a mobile aerial assault platform

what .... so I could move some poo poo around, then mount it and "play" so it repeat that movement :D. I have to try that with the game!

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Tei posted:

what .... so I could move some poo poo around, then mount it and "play" so it repeat that movement :D. I have to try that with the game!

Yes. I didn't think too much about recall and how in-depth it would be before I played, but it literally saves the exact movement and location and speed of everything in the game at all times, it's pretty incredible actually.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Well, gotta go somewhere, let's head to birdtown first. Ooo there's a thing. Ooo, another thing. Oh that's interesting. Okay, I guess we're talking to Zoras."

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

[Checks on Amazon order]

“Arriving by 10PM”

:negative:

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
The first shrine where I figured out that ultra hand recall ability, it starts with just a fan on the ground in front of you and a ledge to get up. I could NOT figure it out and eventually came up with the UH/recall gordian knot cut after 15 mins of looking around an empty room.

...I have been stymied on the correct solution and only now just realized I should have turned on the fan and just used my drat glider, whoops, lol

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thanks to not thinking about order and misreading a hill, I sent a korok into a river tied to a wagon axle. Somehow it wound up close enough to where I was trying to go.

This is even more fun than dropping rocks on them.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Costco Meatballs posted:

Yes. I didn't think too much about recall and how in-depth it would be before I played, but it literally saves the exact movement and location and speed of everything in the game at all times, it's pretty incredible actually.

It just occurred to me yesterday what this was all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uypf0_Le7BU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bruceski posted:

Thanks to not thinking about order and misreading a hill, I sent a korok into a river tied to a wagon axle. Somehow it wound up close enough to where I was trying to go.

This is even more fun than dropping rocks on them.

I created a luxury car for one, to drive. it downhill. But the car broke in parts and the korok got proyectiled.. it rolled all the remaining part to his friend.

These guys are kinda ball like :D

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Icedude posted:

I just found Kilton. He has a brother now :aaa:

The actual cooking music is the same, but instead of making a weird "coo coo coo" noise during it Link hums those songs instead

Yeah i meant the coo coo coo, havent heard any older tunes so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
This is already sold out at ever Walmart in Toronto