Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Most fat people already feel bad enough about themselves without society punching down on them

I know I do :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

oldpainless posted:

Most fat people already feel bad enough about themselves without society punching down on them

More like oldneedsahugless

e: you're more than just a punchline my man :kiddo:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
actual the best hold em strat is to just not look at your cards at all, go all in everytime until it doesnt work.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I'm in this post and I don't like it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

also never mind that a thumb drive from like 10+ years ago(so like a 1GB or lower, lol remember sub 1GB sizes?) can have like THE WHOLE library of congress.

like if you just want pure plain text you can have like sveral centuries of books i think?

Maybe there'd be a book on rhymes included? One that rhymed "chowder" with "louder"?

oldpainless posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

Multiple AUG threads got gassed because goons couldn't help themselves from posting plus sized women for this very reason. It's wild how much worse these forums were a few years ago.

I made a thread specifically about being plus-sized barely over a year ago, and we got some people who just cannot allow others to exist as they are. Nope, gotta remind them about their place! Thankfully a lot more posters than I expected didn’t stand for it.

But Jesus Christ when some of the people being lovely to fat people, when they themselves are fat, like your self-hatred is as clear as day and therapy will do a lot more good than being angry that others can accept themselves.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Burying yourself in sand? Knives? Sucking off a buoy?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

Sucking off a buoy?

Call me.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It certainly couldn't be that cellulite hadn't been invented yet, so everybody except Hollywood stars just had legs and didn't worry about their leg skin texture. Or their thigh gap.

Mind you, they were being insecure about lots of other things, including thick ankles and shiny noses, that aren't seen as a problem today.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
A reasonable estimate for a "library of congress" focused on just books is 1MB or 10MB per book depending on text versus black and white scan, multiplied by about 30 million books. So somewhere in the ballpark of 100 terabytes.

Project Gutenburg is somewhere over 50k books and over 60GB. English Wikipedia is about 21GB of text.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
it also annoys me that he's calling a thing he has now seen one time "the new normal".

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

oldpainless posted:

More like oldgainless

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

What you look like doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is your redtext and your rapsheet.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kenning posted:

What you look like doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is your redtext and your rapsheet.

very concerning

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Kenning posted:

Oh good, I'm doing better than I thought.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

actual the best hold em strat is to just not look at your cards at all, go all in everytime until it doesnt work.

It's been known to work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

it also annoys me that he's calling a thing he has now seen one time "the new normal".
also the bodies they expect cheerleaders to have are unhealthy for most people too

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Endorph posted:

also the bodies they expect cheerleaders to have are unhealthy for most people too

They don't have cheerleaders, (or gridiron), in Malaysia. So he is baffled by the whole experience.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Fister Roboto posted:

They definitely don't read any books, they just collect them as totems of intellectualism.

It’s literally that Ron Burgundy joke

“I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.”

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's funny imc is mad about just some girls dancing when we have people being very upset Coldplay is performing in Malaysia, not because they are millennial dad rock basic, but because they incorporate rainbow colours in their branding and thus are "promoting LGBT values"

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's funny imc is mad about just some girls dancing when we have people being very upset Coldplay is performing in Malaysia, not because they are millennial dad rock basic, but because they incorporate rainbow colours in their branding and thus are "promoting LGBT values"

Bringing out the artillery units any time there's a light rain so we can blast the rainbows out of the sky

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The insane thing about Ian Miles Cheong is that he is Malaysian born and bred, and has never left. But cares only about and obsesses over right wing American political figures and cultural wars.

Which is silly, because if you want whacky megalomaniacal right wing corrupt old man dictators using the courts against political enemies, then there is no need to look abroad. Malaysia has them in multiples. (Mahatir is the one that springs to my mind.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

https://twitter.com/MrJesseGrantham/status/1655760900404461568?cxt=HHwWgIC22YXxuPotAAAA

:ironicat:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

The insane thing about Ian Miles Cheong is that he is Malaysian born and bred, and has never left. But cares only about and obsesses over right wing American political figures and cultural wars.
near as i can tell he was radicalized because someone said there should have been black dudes in witcher 3

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Kenning posted:

Imagining Vin Diesel saying this. The Forums and the Furious.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Which is silly, because if you want whacky megalomaniacal right wing corrupt old man dictators using the courts against political enemies, then there is no need to look abroad. Malaysia has them in multiples. (Mahatir is the one that springs to my mind.)

That's the boring local corruption/extremism, America's right wing corruption/extremism is new and exotic for him.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Zero_Grade posted:

Imagining Vin Diesel saying this. The Forums and the Furious.

Or Liam Neeson.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Mahathir is actually a really fascinating case study because he has been prime minister for almost two decades, "retired", turned up again to be prime minister for just about 2 years before having a coup take over under his nose (which he was very much guilty of, his actions led to allowing a coup to happen and also allowing it to succeed). He's always been a Malay Race Supremacist and people already had issues with him, as in between his PMship he started an independent party subtly based on Malay supremacy. Once he got couped he went in hard and as at date started no less than THREE independent parties that are no longer subtle about its Malay supremacy, and he's lost so hard that now he's affiliated with the Islamist extremist party that he used to disavow. He's also 97 years old.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1657017790073561090

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m cancelling Charles for using the royal ‘we’.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Are the transformers not all gender neutral? Seems to me they worse misgendering Optimus Prime and this is a correction because Reagan is no longer president

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
What actually is the nature of Transformers. They're aliens that are like somehow robots right? How did they evolve? How are they reproduced?

I read about a Star Trek cartoon for kids that has an alien in it that's they/them and also if you look at it you go mad. So that's cool

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Are the transformers not all gender neutral? Seems to me they worse misgendering Optimus Prime and this is a correction because Reagan is no longer president

They're characters from a high budget 80s toy commercial. You better believe they were very clear about, "Okay but this one is the GIRL transformer!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
80s with the goddamn shoulder pads

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Its literally called TRANSformers

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/PatMcCaffrie/status/1656782267392626688?t=-LL5XmXMVmAnJh4jld2EAg&s=19

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Fishstick posted:

Its literally called TRANSformers

Cisformers, exactly what meets the eye?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

https://www.tumblr.com/doubleca5t/703330748707569664/imo-the-funniest-part-about-tiktok-is-that-despite posted:

Imo the funniest part about tiktok is that despite how ridiculous and pervasive the censorship is, there's no evidence that any of it actually works. People get videos with allegedly suppressed words to go viral all the time. The Washington Post's social media team even did an experiment where they tried to get a video suppressed or banned by saying as many "bad" words in it as possible only for it to become their most popular video by a wide margin. Hell, the only tiktok to crack a million views on my account is also one of my most profane, and some of my other most popular vids are jokes about BDSM with no censorship.

The practice of self-censorship was developed because people saw that their videos were flopping and assumed it was because they were getting shadowbanned for mature content rather than accept the reality that The Algorithm is random and unpredictable.

That entire app has made it standard practice to use Orwellian newspeak euphemisms for everything for literally no material reason. It's like the online equivalent of every desk fan in south korea coming with a timer because a huge swath of the population there believes with no evidence that you can asphyxiate if you sleep in a room with a fan running overnight.

https://www.tumblr.com/alleecatblues/703334451391905792/a-similar-phenomenon-happened-on-twitter-people posted:

A similar phenomenon happened on Twitter. People straight up believe they can't say words like "commission" or "fundraiser" or "auction" or else the algorithm will hide their posts from people, but the fact is people just tend to interact less with posts asking for money or advertising a product. Despite several tweets debunking it, I still see people still to this day censoring the word commission because they think it will help more people see their posts.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What actually is the nature of Transformers. They're aliens that are like somehow robots right? How did they evolve? How are they reproduced?

I read about a Star Trek cartoon for kids that has an alien in it that's they/them and also if you look at it you go mad. So that's cool

they evolved from naturally occuring gears and pulleys

or they were built by aliens

or they sprout fully formed from the living metal of their planet which is also their god

sometimes they reproduce by splitting down the middle like amoeba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Outside of fanfiction, Transformers are monosex/asexual and have no way of reproducing sexually - how that works exactly depends on continuity, but basically, their essential lifeforce, called a Spark, comes from Cybertron and is later put into a manufactured/protoformed body. This is why it's a usually a big deal that the war between the Autobots and Decepticons killed Cyberton, and a few series' introduce the idea that people aren't happy with either faction.

Anyways, some transformers identify as male or female (or other/neutral, considering that screenshot) but it's really just as aesthetic thing for them.

There are a few explicitly trans characters, Anode and Lug, a case where it was handled well, as well as Arcee, which I believe was considered fairly problematic (though I admit I didn't read that series).