Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that must mean the question was touted to a human who was not able to answer it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Virtual Russian posted:

100% it is about to implode

Yeah, this is the classic bag-holding tactic

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

He's doing the Tesla autopilot pre-crash disengage but on himself

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lol

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
They are getting pretty :tinfoil: about this new boss lady huh
https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1656818420153831424?t=xN8lne5qRaF9-i5Rf2MojA&s=19

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol her face is huge

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Linda Yaccarino walks into a bar.
The bartender asks, "Why the large face?"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

lol her face is huge

lmao

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Tesla cancels all right-hand drive Model S, Model X orders

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/05/tesla-axes-right-hand-drive-models-s-and-x-offers-customers-refunds/

quote:

Tesla is no longer making a right-hand drive version of its Model S and Model X electric vehicles. The decision means that customers in countries that drive on the other side of the road like the UK have had orders cancelled, and potential buyers are being told to buy a different model, a car from inventory, or try a left-hand drive version.

About 30 percent of the world's nations drive on the left side of the road, known confusingly as right-hand drive, as the driver's seat is on the right side of the car. The UK is probably the best-known right-hand drive country, along with most of its former colonies. While most of these are small countries, the list also includes highly populous countries like Japan, Indonesia, and India.

Ars was contacted by a reader from New Zealand who ordered a right-hand drive Model X SUV almost three years ago because Tesla reached out to him yesterday to cancel his order:

"Due to recent changes to the vehicle program, Model X will not be available in Right Hand Drive. Unfortunately this means your order is unable to be fulfilled and will be cancelled. You will receive a full refund for any payments made. We understand that this may be disappointing news to receive and want to apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Tesla offered our reader a NZD$3,200 credit toward a Model 3 or Model Y, although only if they purchase that new Tesla before October.

Although Tesla has no press office with which to confirm this news, the British publication Autocar confirms the cancellation of the right-hand drive versions. Customers with cancelled orders in the UK are being offered a 2,000 pound credit toward a Model 3 or Model Y. It says that "a representative" for Tesla told it that dropping right-hand drive production was done for quality-control reasons.

As we've noted several times in the past, demand for the Models S and X is evaporating as the models are extremely long in the tooth and have been eclipsed by new models from startups like Rivian and Lucid as well as established OEMs like Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, and Audi.

In 2022 Tesla built 71,777 Models S and X but was only able to sell 66,705. That trend looks to be exacerbated this year; in Q1 2023 it built 19,437 Models S and X, yet almost half of these remain unsold.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

Beeftweeter posted:

lol her face is huge

i thought this comment was just being needlessly mean but holy poo poo it sure is lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
she looks like the doomhouse doll

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

DrPossum posted:

she looks like the doomhouse doll

a doom house?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Spergin Morlock posted:

what kind of moron would say "yes, I'd love to be your new CEO" when the previous guy hasn't even been paying the lease for their HQ? whoever takes over is going to be pressured into signing things that Musk doesn't want to sign

CEOs probably get paid a lot of money. I'd do it for a lot of money

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/tommy_fdny/status/1656828221558595585?s=46&t=iCu6Jlktql0qvqCsQdXxwg

lmfao

you can see it in her eyes

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

is the Tesla board really dumb enough to encourage Musk to step down?

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1657029907744976903

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao, Musk is even going to lose these rubes' money. This guy is so dumb that not only was he paying for a :twitter: he was paying the $11 through the app instead of just $8 through a browser

https://twitter.com/Tommy_FDNY/status/1656873315896635394?s=20

Just-In-Timeberlake has issued a correction as of 15:44 on May 12, 2023

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

FAS

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

I wish I was this stupid, life must be great

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

yasss. let loose the hogs of boer

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

webcams for christ posted:

is the Tesla board really dumb enough to encourage Musk to step down?

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1657029907744976903

There has been rumors for a long time that Tesla's books are absolute bullshit and there is currently a lawsuit about Elon's compensation.

Still no Roadster, Panasonic is having battery production problems, the rug is being pulled out on Tesla in China, competitors are catching up, if the board has say concrete evidence that the Cybertruck and FSD are complete bullshit (lol), because of Elon Tesla has a rapidly aging, poorly built successful car platform and a brand that is now largely toxic because of him.

Yeah, Elon could be forced out.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
he is one very divorced man cruising through midlife and taking it out on us lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

punished milkman posted:

yasss. let loose the hogs of boer

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

19 o'clock posted:

he is one very divorced man cruising through midlife and taking it out on us lol

if you stop using twitter then it becomes he's taking it out on people who use twitter

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The problem with Elon is that he just cant shut up, like all other billionaires. And than he bought twitter so he can further amplify his awful opinions

I think he wanted to be a celebrity rich man like Steve Jobs, but Steve didint spend his time on social networks spilling hateful bullshit all day long and trying to offend a large part of his consumer base

edit: vvvvvvvvvv nice, that means catturd and Ian Miles Cheung are still in control of twitter

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 16:17 on May 12, 2023

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1656810492755673088

Twitter, now with double Elon.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'd like to see Ol' Elon Musky wriggle his way out of THIS jam!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Three Olives posted:

There has been rumors for a long time that Tesla's books are absolute bullshit and there is currently a lawsuit about Elon's compensation.

Still no Roadster, Panasonic is having battery production problems, the rug is being pulled out on Tesla in China, competitors are catching up, if the board has say concrete evidence that the Cybertruck and FSD are complete bullshit (lol), because of Elon Tesla has a rapidly aging, poorly built successful car platform and a brand that is now largely toxic because of him.

yeah but Musk is the Magic $TSLA whisperer that allows the stock to be valued at many multiples beyond what it would be worth for a normal auto Corp. big risk of stock catering and never recovering

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

The problem with Elon is that he just cant shut up, like all other billionaires. And than he bought twitter so he can further amplify his awful opinions

I think he wanted to be a celebrity rich man like Steve Jobs, but Steve didint spend his time on social networks spilling hateful bullshit all day long and trying to offend a large part of his consumer base

edit: vvvvvvvvvv nice, that means catturd and Ian Miles Cheung are still in control of twitter

The vast majority of billionaires stay shut up and talk to very particular people though

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

quote:

It says that "a representative" for Tesla told it that dropping right-hand drive production was done for quality-control reasons.

We fired the guys who assembled the right hand versions.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
gonna be funny when musk officially announces that she's the new CEO and explains that since both the left and right dislike her she's the correct choice
maybe this will be the thing that definitely for sure kills twitter

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Three Olives posted:

the problem with forcing out Elon is that Tesla really only has one remotely valuable asset, which is Elons deranged cult. without a horde of overpaid computer touchers willing to radically overpay for Teslas lovely cars - and, much more importantly, its stock - the company is totally worthless.

Elon probably wants to leave though, both to cash out before the inevitable Tesla crash craters his net worth and so that he can escape with his myth intact. its not his fault Tesla failed, it was the lovely CEO that replaced him!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

In Training posted:

The vast majority of billionaires stay shut up and talk to very particular people though

Yeah, they are smarter

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

if you're part of an extremely small minority, you probably don't want attention drawn to the fact that you possess more wealth than the entire population of most countries, lest that population figure out the odds.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

webcams for christ posted:

yeah but Musk is the Magic $TSLA whisperer that allows the stock to be valued at many multiples beyond what it would be worth for a normal auto Corp. big risk of stock catering and never recovering

i can see the board thinking "pushing out elon will tank the price in the short term but may be the only shot tesla has at still being a viable company in five years" but the board is pretty much all elon sycophants so i dunno

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

DrPossum posted:

if you stop using twitter then it becomes he's taking it out on people who use twitter

also emergency vehicles and children regardless

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What? Why is Eliza Bl not the CEO? Elon, have you forsaken the trafficking victims of twitter? :qq:

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Nenonen posted:

What? Why is Eliza Bl not the CEO? Elon, have you forsaken the trafficking victims of twitter? :qq:

Twitter CEO Xeni Jardin

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the problem with forcing out Elon is that Tesla really only has one remotely valuable asset, which is Elons deranged cult. without a horde of overpaid computer touchers willing to radically overpay for Teslas lovely cars - and, much more importantly, its stock - the company is totally worthless.

Elon probably wants to leave though, both to cash out before the inevitable Tesla crash craters his net worth and so that he can escape with his myth intact. its not his fault Tesla failed, it was the lovely CEO that replaced him!

What do you think hes doing with twitter, Lindas the bag holder. He saved twitter and broke even (zero evidence this is true obvs) then handed it over to Linda and whelp now its dead because of her.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
chuds are famously internally consistent and rational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lmao they are roasting her rear end in the replies to the announcement. Have fun Linda!