Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

NeonPunk posted:

I just find it funny you all are talking about the future utility of E6 Welt or Bronya, while after 90 draws, the only 5 star I managed to E1 is Himeko lmao

I have no eidolons for any 5*s and I had to go to double pity to get E0 Seele. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kanos posted:

Bronya is totally nuts and will likely continue to be strong for a long time, simply because "give someone a cleanse/buff/extra turn" is a ridiculous amount of utility packed into one spammable button that automatically scales with whatever new units that come out. If they release Ted Kickass The Overpowered DPS, Bronya gives him more turns. If they release Sarah Buffmaster The Overpowered Support, Bronya gives her more turns.

That kind of specific utility is going to be a lot harder to replace than standard pattern damage dealers. Even among the giant flood of leaks we have there's no one that really has that same kind of specific gimmick.

On that note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5o8RkMUZBQ

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Bear in mind that's SU. JY does seem quite strong but I'm sure you can pull off something similar with Seele and a bunch of Hunt right now.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Yeah, that's *NINETEEN* Elation blessings which means conservatively around 2.5*damage on that followup attack with another +50% damage on weakness break, so around quad damage to start with.

Then add 3 Aftertaste hits of 80% ATK and 1-3 more at 60% ATK, all of which also get the quad damage bonus. It looks the main attack generated a second attack from another blessing, and those aftertastes all hit a second time. Then every possible every on-hit or on-damage bonus triggered on the first set of hits. So the next time you get about 60-80% more damage on top of that.

The vast majority of damage is all the aftertaste hits generated by Elation blessings. You can see all the little aftertaste damages hitting for 11k the first time then 16-18k the second time. JY is a good match, but the powder keg is all Simulated Universe blessings.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So does this not mean what it says it means because I did it with two different characters and it didn’t work.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
It's not very clearly phrased, but it means the final blow of a battle, not the killing blow on an enemy.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I think it doesn't mean killing off an enemy, but killing off the last enemy with an ultimate and getting the battle over?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
was late at night, and was hitting to do a trace mat node 6 times
but instead used up 6 fuels

oh well, used all of that to push a bunch of trace mats post TR40 that i needed anyway

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cranky corvid posted:

It's not very clearly phrased, but it means the final blow of a battle, not the killing blow on an enemy.

Ok that would make more sense. Thanks!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just pulled Tingyun and I'm reading her kit for the first time and holy poo poo it looks so good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hit E3 just in time for the weekend.

More importantly though the passes from hitting level 40 got me an E1 Welt and good god he does a lot of damage now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just pulled Tingyun and I'm reading her kit for the first time and holy poo poo it looks so good.

She's got paper thin defenses

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've gotten numbers like that with Clara, it's pretty fun.

There's a nihility blessing that puts DOT damage boost debuff stacks on enemies every time they take DOT damage and then if you enhance it the stacks don't expire. Absolutely filthy on bosses, Svarog with 99 stacks was getting chunked for 20% of his health every time it was his turn.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SU pushing things even further beyond, but yeah Jing Yuan is to single target as Seele is to aoe. Not made for it but they can do the job.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
If you have Gepard, then going full Preservation in SU is awesome since it maximises shields on everyone (which Gepard gives) and then the resonance damages the enemies based on the total amount of shielding.
Admittedly I have got very lucky with my other characters (Seele and Bailu, all zero eidolon), but he is doing a vast majority of the work via the preservation damage. Doing full-auto runs on SU4 difficulty 2 has led to 3 wins in a row with zero manual inputs during fights.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i think Clara's eng voice line reading is really rough around the edges. I get the sweet innocent child tone they're trying to do, but it doesn't land very well.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Lmao this blessing spread

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Debating if Cruising the Stellar Sea is worth getting from Herta, or if I should just sit on the points for now. I have two copies of Something Irreplaceable for Destruction, so Fall of an Aeon isn't a big priority.

Of my Hunt units, Seele's using Subscribe For More! (+24% basic/skill damage, extra +24% when energy is full), Sushang's using River Flows in Spring (+8% SPD and 12% damage, recurring), and Dan Heng is riding the bench.

Detheros posted:

Lmao this blessing spread

There's actually an achievement for pulling blessings from six or more paths in one run, IIRC.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's higher base stats and crit, it's a very solid, if basic cone.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

delfin posted:

There's actually an achievement for pulling blessings from six or more paths in one run, IIRC.

Yep it's called the one in my screen shot

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Finally

This was a very safe run, but it worked

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Focusing on Seele for optimal stats w relics / LC makes for some really funny The Hunt damage in SU

Ghosthotel fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 12, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
had the saddest first attempt at 3-2 ever.
got the most random non-energized set of blessings ever

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh my god I'm doing Serval's personal quests and it's so gay. so much yuri angst.

love it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

GateOfD posted:

i think Clara's eng voice line reading is really rough around the edges. I get the sweet innocent child tone they're trying to do, but it doesn't land very well.

'Yeah, the ult line didn't work for me at all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

oh my god I'm doing Serval's personal quests and it's so gay. so much yuri angst.

love it.

well now I love it less, because I think we should have told Serval the truth and its kind of hosed up we didnt.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

GateOfD posted:

her dialog text feels okay and kinda charmingly softspoken to me, though it doesn't feel like a "child" voice at all

the "HELP ME MR SVAROG" in battle is so weirdly growly and harsh though, especially the sped-up version

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Who voiced ilyia in dub fate, maybe get her

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

jealous of all the clara havers because I wanna see that sick Ult animation but saving my jade for the next banner where I will get only light cones

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

well now I love it less, because I think we should have told Serval the truth and its kind of hosed up we didnt.

Agreed, but there's always a chance that we'll come back to Belobog.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Serval seems to figure out on her own that right to the end Cocolia remained a jerk and probably didn't have a sudden change of heart into martyring herself.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I like EN Clara's voice, it reminds me of raspy Barbara. Particularly the way she yells "I'm OK" after getting attacked.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Don’t mention Barbara’s old voice or they’ll make Clara tired and sad too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Serval seems to figure out on her own that right to the end Cocolia remained a jerk and probably didn't have a sudden change of heart into martyring herself.

Yeah Serval's character quest seems to make it pretty clear that she's aware Cocolia is a psycho, no matter what anyone says.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Argh, don’t have March or Natasha leveled for SU5

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I cut EN Clara some slack because apparently it's literally her first VA job. Same with Dan Heng.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Argh, don’t have March or Natasha leveled for SU5

If it's a cleanse you're wanting, Abundance Resonance can be used for that, and recharges quickly enough that it'll be up by the time the boss throws out the mark again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

I cut EN Clara some slack because apparently it's literally her first VA job. Same with Dan Heng.

Dan Heng's VA has a bright future ahead of him I think, he does quite well

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kanos posted:

Yeah Serval's character quest seems to make it pretty clear that she's aware Cocolia is a psycho, no matter what anyone says.

No that's not the problem, the problem is the Stellaron corrupted her and only Seele, Bronya, and us know this.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If HSR Cocolia is anything Honkai Impact's Cocolia I'm not sure the Stellaron is the cause of why they broke up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If HSR Cocolia is anything Honkai Impact's Cocolia I'm not sure the Stellaron is the cause of why they broke up

I mean they broke up specifically because Serval was trying to research the Stellaron and Cocolia fired her for it. That seems pretty cut-and-dry to me.