Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Anders just sucks and is miserable to be around no matter what you do.

dead wrong, I enjoyed having a wizard terrorist boyfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm mad at Anders because if he wanted to have a catastrophic downward spiral that destroys him as a person and commit wizard 9/11 then fine, but why did he have to drag my boy Justice down with him

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mr. Fix It posted:

i didn't realize you could play Alpha Protocol without maxing pistol. wtf kind of spy uses any gun but a pistol?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

clearly a secondary weapon of opportunity, only strengthening my point

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Waste of Breath posted:

I'm downloading alpha protocol again rn thanks to this thread

Check out the humongous handprints on the glass and stainless walls lol. AP hoooype.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Mr. Fix It posted:

i didn't realize you could play Alpha Protocol without maxing pistol. wtf kind of spy uses any gun but a pistol?

Loud rear end in a top hat idiot Thorton, which everyone should try once.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Wormskull posted:

Check out the humongous handprints on the glass and stainless walls lol. AP hoooype.

lmfao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

SirSamVimes posted:

Also Knight Enchanter is already cool

It was way cooler at launch when you could spam the sword and it did more damage :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait it used to be even more busted good than it currently is? My only complaint about Knight-Enchanter is that you don't get to wear heavy armour like a DAO Arcane Warrior.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Big Mad Drongo posted:

rear end in a top hat idiot Thorton with a shotgun knocking enemies down and stomping on their face is a completely different game from professional Thorton with a pistol tranquilizing them from the shadows and it's that kind of variety that makes AP so good

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mr. Fix It posted:

Dump the points in Devil Sticks and become a god.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I hadn't seen Archer last time I played alpha protocol but the fact that you can tranq Darcy in the dick while he's trying to beat your score is very Archer.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait it used to be even more busted good than it currently is? My only complaint about Knight-Enchanter is that you don't get to wear heavy armour like a DAO Arcane Warrior.

At launch KE didn't really play anything like the other mages - like you could, sure, but the point of the subclass was spamming the giant aoe mindsword that did assloads of damage and regenerated your barrier on every hit, making you functionally immortal as long as there was something to smack

For some reason bioware decided to have the cool unique melee aoe subclass play like the other ones instead and a few patches in they changed how ke's sword worked so it wasn't spammable anymore, making ke play like a worse rift mage. They might have done further revisions but that annoyed me enough that I never went back and played trespasser or whatever it was called.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

vyelkin posted:

yeah absolutely, especially considering the boss fights are the worst part of the game. Play it like a stealth game and a dialogue game and use the incredibly OP pistol skills to beat the combat parts that force you out of stealth, and you'll have a great time.

everything about the fight with brayko except the actual combat itself rules so hard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ilmucche posted:

everything about the fight with brayko except the actual combat itself rules so hard

Its a shame that fight is the reason you cant buy Alpha Protocol digitally anymore because Sega didnt want to renew the license on Turn Up The Radio

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they should definitely patch it with some royalty-free disco music and have brayko shout a spotify url before combat

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ilmucche posted:

this is true and fits the general theme of the game which is that everything rules except the actual gameplay

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Inquisition was good as long as you installed some quality of life mods.
Was that the expansion with the gay wizard who kept a kitten in his robes? Because that had to be the most wonderful surprise I've had in a game.

Edit, no that was dragon age origins awakening.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 12, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

B33rChiller posted:

Was that the expansion with the gay wizard who kept a kitten in his robes? Because that had to be the most wonderful surprise I've had in a game.

Edit, no that was dragon age origins awakening.

What

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The character Anders is a gay wizard. You can find a stray kitten in the game and give it to Anders. He names it Ser Pounce-a-lot.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I still remember how terrible that stupid song they sing towards the beginning-middle of Inquisition.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I still remember how terrible that stupid song they sing towards the beginning-middle of Inquisition.

lmfao I had forgotten that

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

The character Anders is a gay wizard. You can find a stray kitten in the game and give it to Anders. He names it Ser Pounce-a-lot.
Yeah, and I think the cat either worked as a healing item, or gave a buff to healing spells. Been a long time, but that stands out like being able to use jokes and friendliness as combat in renowned explorers.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

The only thing I really remember about DA:I was the one time I took Sera along she pestered Cassandra to say the Inquisition motto and then when Cassandra sighed and said "Into darkness, unafraid," Sera finished it by saying "Around the corner fudge is made."

Still wasn't worth keeping her around.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm on a bunch of meds after having a broken tooth pulled and I just say I hope you all are having an excellent day and feel good and are happy. Be happy. I hope you are. Yeah

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Thanks captain invictus I hope your day is happy too

My neighbors cat is very friendly and has started chilling with me outside so that's a cool thing

Waste of Breath fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 12, 2023

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I got to go to Costco this weekend to get more dog food for my new dog that I adopted New Year's Eve.

I am also out of beer now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Psycho Landlord posted:

What qol mods do you recommend and do any of them make knight enchanter cool again

Can’t speak to the first one but nothing will fix knight enchanters unless you want to play DA1. That class was stupid OP anyway and made the game not very fun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the only thing I remember about making the post of mine above was saying "yeah" to myself in approval of typing that post and then I guess I also put the yeah in the post itself. but I do hope everyone had a good friday

here is my good boy gus refusing to look at me for a picture

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Great cat and dogs

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

rad pets rule

not the weird rear end forum pets kind, mind you

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pets rule. this is minnie.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

The only thing I really remember about DA:I was the one time I took Sera along she pestered Cassandra to say the Inquisition motto and then when Cassandra sighed and said "Into darkness, unafraid," Sera finished it by saying "Around the corner fudge is made."

Still wasn't worth keeping her around.

Sera is the worst.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

She really was

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Can’t speak to the first one but nothing will fix knight enchanters unless you want to play DA1. That class was stupid OP anyway and made the game not very fun.

hmmm nope can't say I wasn't having fun

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Sera is the worst.

truth

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Waste of Breath posted:

Thanks captain invictus I hope your day is happy too

My neighbors cat is very friendly and has started chilling with me outside so that's a cool thing

also this cat photogenic as hell

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That song about Sera was fun. Plus she's a selfhating elf, pretty cool

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I had Sera in my party for like an hour and I ended up telling her to just loving leave, for good. Which she did! Do not regret it or wonder what content I might have missed; nothing could be worth tolerating her.

I appreciate when games let you do that.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

rad pets rule

not the weird rear end forum pets kind, mind you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I have no idea what BioWare intended with Sera. they’ve made plenty of characters I dislike but she’s the only one whose purpose is totally inscrutable