Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The Lions one had a lot of Easter eggs and inside jokes that only those who are terminally online lions fans would get. But it was enjoyable, not top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Everyone was outclassed by the Titans video anyway.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm a curmudgeon and refuse to watch or care about any of the schedule reveals.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Henchman of Santa posted:

Everyone was outclassed by the Titans video anyway.

Until the Falcons one-upped them

https://twitter.com/atlantafalcons

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Danny LaFever posted:

I'm a curmudgeon and refuse to watch or care about any of the schedule reveals.

If you don't watch the Chargers schedule release, you just hate fun.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kloaked00 posted:

Until the Falcons one-upped them

https://twitter.com/atlantafalcons

when does this one get good

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers signed Jonathan Owens, so Amos is probably not coming back

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Packers signed Jonathan Owens, so Amos is probably not coming back

His wife is already making an impression.

https://twitter.com/Simone_Biles/status/1657089971159719955

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Recommendation #1: get out before it's too late

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

IcePhoenix posted:

:emptyquote:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

IcePhoenix posted:

:hmmyes:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

IcePhoenix posted:

when does this one get good

As soon as you see they’re now called the Red Stallions

rawr

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jasmineredd/status/1657090176831594497?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I’m sure she wants a long commute for internet points

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just read Owens Wikipedia page, and, uh… I don’t think he’s replacing Amos. Seems like a camp body.

Dude spends a lot of time injured.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Chargers video should go into the hall of fame but this sent me when I saw it on lindsay's twitter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I just read Owens Wikipedia page, and, uh… I don’t think he’s replacing Amos. Seems like a camp body.

Dude spends a lot of time injured.

He started every game last season?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I would eat meat while reading about a dude self-cannibalizing, idgaf

Edit: whoops wrong thread

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I would eat meat while reading about a dude self-cannibalizing, idgaf

Edit: whoops wrong thread

Who's tanking this year?

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1657165873587580928

I guess this is why he wasn't released.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

adaz posted:

Chargers video should go into the hall of fame but this sent me when I saw it on lindsay's twitter

you could have seen it earlier if you read the thread :smuggo:

ok now do Dalvin

e: compensation

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1657168200067424256

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was holding out hope the Bears would trade for him, considering Minnesota's been willing to make in-division trades recently. Ah well

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

I was holding out hope the Bears would trade for him, considering Minnesota's been willing to make in-division trades recently. Ah well

Likewise. He woulda been a nice addition, especially for the price. Maybe more than a one year contract though.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

saves a bunch against the cap for the vikings - almost 12 mil this year / 26 mil next yea if otc is to be believed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

Based on the Poles interview today, I think we will be signing or trading for someone in the next couple weeks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wasn't he the guy who said "yeah I sucked the first half of the season because I wasn't listening to coaches and then I did and my game turned around"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

Wasn't he the guy who said "yeah I sucked the first half of the season because I wasn't listening to coaches and then I did and my game turned around"

Who are you talking about?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Who are you talking about?

I don't know, that's why I asked

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't know, that's why I asked

Dumbass! I'm asking because you didn't quote anyone. Who are you talking about? What specific vaporous being are you referring to?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wasn't he the guy who made the incredibly vague post? Who was that?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Sataere posted:

Based on the Poles interview today, I think we will be signing or trading for someone in the next couple weeks.

That would be great. Right now the bears feel a little bit like the pre - Khalil Mack year where there was hope for the offense, presumably solid defense, but no way to pressure the QB.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wasn't he the guy who made the incredibly vague post? Who was that?

Who...t?

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

No, I think he's the guy who would eat meat while reading about a dude self-cannibalizing

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

HootTheOwl posted:

yeah

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

Z? Definitely not. First half of the season he was on a heater with 8.5 sacks (believe he was leading the league). Then he had some nagging injury and only got 1.5 rest of the season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitZa00/gamelog/2022/

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

trevorreznik posted:

That would be great. Right now the bears feel a little bit like the pre - Khalil Mack year where there was hope for the offense, presumably solid defense, but no way to pressure the QB.

And like, I know the front office wants to primarily invest in guys who might be long-term fits here, but if you cannot generate any pass rush then it totally throws off your ability to evaluate the rest of the defense.

There's value in bringing in a reliable veteran DE (or two) even if he doesn't fit your preferred player profile, because it's hard to know if the young CBs are any good if they're stuck running around all day while the other team's QB camps out in the pocket

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, I'm not particularly worried. They'll pick up an edge or 2.

My guess is they want to go through OTAs and the like with who they have to see if like Dominique Robinson has gotten better or Trevis Gibson has.

As also, it doesn't feel like the veteran edge rushers are in any particular rush to find a job right now. They seem like they are more than content to just show up at training camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

Yeah, I'm not particularly worried. They'll pick up an edge or 2.

My guess is they want to go through OTAs and the like with who they have to see if like Dominique Robinson has gotten better or Trevis Gibson has.

As also, it doesn't feel like the veteran edge rushers are in any particular rush to find a job right now. They seem like they are more than content to just show up at training camp.

Brad Biggs shat on it in a recent column (because Biggs is terrible), but I think there's a decent chance the Bears re-sign Leonard Floyd on a one- or two-year deal.