Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mr-Spain posted:

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1656811935311200257?s=20

was this posted yet because

lmao

edit: it was, but oh well lol

Now I just remembered that superhero anime pitch video the Mavericks made for Dwight Howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh, the more you learn.

And here I was watching some episodes of the Uncanny Counter, which is the most based on a convoluted manga premise series. These 4 people who run a noodle shop are secretly possessed demon hunters who were all resurrected by spirits that give them mystical powers. One of them dies to start the show and this gimpy kid gets possessed by the spirit and starts to use the powers differently, including beating the living hell out of his school's absurdly large gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG_n4--pBIU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I too am a hobby collector. Currently amassing a bunch of tabletop games that barely get played, and spent $$$ on a wheel setup for the PlayStation but I play with goons weekly and have been getting pretty good at it so that’s fun!

I’m definitely dusting off the motorcycle and putting some miles on it this year, and I think I’m gonna do some learnin’ about fishing this year. I have a decent rod and tackle box full of poo poo from who knows where, but I wanna catch a fish and turn it into fish tacos.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Once again Office Space is dead on about the worst parts of a job, even if I'm half and half production/lab and cube work. Specifically the part about having so many different bosses my main motivator is keeping people up to date and not loving up just so I don't have to hear about it multiple times. BUT the twist with my job is not wanting to hear about it from my own boss, because he will repeat it three to four times in our discussion.

Today it was asking for a schedule on a real urgent material replacement project. We had a call on Monday with his bosses and both me and him understood the goal to be published schedule by EOW. Today I had an email from him asking for a schedule ASAP because he's getting harassed about it. I already knew what was coming up, because an email request also means when I see him for the first time in the day (almost always at our 8:15 walkabout the plant), he will then ask if I saw the email and then repeat the request multiple times in a railroading conversation it is impossible to avoid.

:backtowork: Did you see my email about the schedule for the material replacement?
:) Yep! No problem getting that done this morning.
:backtowork: OK, I thought we were doing alright, but they're asking for it today (got it)
:shobon: Yeah, me too, but no worries, I should be able to get-
:backtowork: It's just they want something they can look at and see what kind of the plan is, and where we're at going forward with it. Something that shows our timelines and tasks, and makes it easier to check that we're on track [to be clear, yes, this is just now defining a plan/schedule]
:stare: I'll probably end up doing it in Excel because I apparently lost my Project license, but it should be pretty quick to do either way
:backtowork: Yeah, I think it doesn't really matter what the format is, they're just looking for something to kind of show what the plan is and make sure we can give updates that we're keeping up with it. I prefer a Gantt chart, I don't know if you have a license for Project or not-
:stare: I don't-
:backtowork: but it makes it real easy to be able to see each task and kind of when they're going to be coming up, then it's easier to give updates, which is what I think they're really looking for. I thought we just needed to get it done by the end of the week, but they were really on me for it this morning, so I think it'd be good to just get kind of a plan put together for them to see.
:thunkgun:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I will cop to having seen some episodes of the autism doctor show here and there. I thought it was fine but I guess I wasn't paying it that much attention.

Kalli posted:

Huh, the more you learn.

And here I was watching some episodes of the Uncanny Counter, which is the most based on a convoluted manga premise series. These 4 people who run a noodle shop are secretly possessed demon hunters who were all resurrected by spirits that give them mystical powers. One of them dies to start the show and this gimpy kid gets possessed by the spirit and starts to use the powers differently, including beating the living hell out of his school's absurdly large gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG_n4--pBIU

I've also watched this! I remember liking it in the moment, but also my lasting memory is the main character losing his powers for a bit, and then in a moment of desperation repeatedly yelling "please come inside me!" at his former spirit partner, and I just couldn't it take it seriously after that. I hope the Netflix subtitle folks knew what they were doing there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kalli posted:

Recently I saw a bit of this Korean drama about an autistic lawyer lady that had to do in court arguments that was not handled well and yet compared to the Good Doctor....

My wife watched this show and it is leagues better than good doctor. No opinion on portrayal of autism I am not an expert but it is an actual drama with decent plot

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

It doesn't surprise me because he has shaped his entire identity around the show but gently caress Ken Jennings

https://twitter.com/joybblake/status/1656877758520360960?t=Owek9v55f-gCJN2Fbk1HHg&s=19

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Have you considered sending them a schedule in MSPaint .bmp format

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
He's not a WGA member and not doing any WGA duties. Its either get a guest host or shut down production, which puts the rest of the crew out of a job. Even WGA reps specifically said it was fine.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/Buddyhead/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

He's not a WGA member and not doing any WGA duties. Its either get a guest host or shut down production, which puts the rest of the crew out of a job. Even WGA reps specifically said it was fine.

I would love to see something where the WGA stated that, if you have it.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Started off the morning early to get a couple of hours of Zelda in. Its... fun and I've only just begun. Can't wait for my son to get home from school so we can play it all night.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Played about 90 minutes of TotK before having to do some errands and such, seems super good so far! The intro section feels lengthy, but some of that may be that my immediate reaction on starting was to run right in the opposite direction of the plot, plus getting used to the more vertical/fractured feel of the map and that I’m apparently bad with whatever abstract spatial reasoning is necessary to navigate. Anyway it’s Link with a mullet running around shirtless in a skirt, 10/10 game of the year

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Samadhi posted:

It doesn't surprise me because he has shaped his entire identity around the show but gently caress Ken Jennings

https://twitter.com/joybblake/status/1656877758520360960?t=Owek9v55f-gCJN2Fbk1HHg&s=19

The questions were written pre-strike. He's not scabbing.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

The questions were written pre-strike. He's not scabbing.

The person who was supposed to host the shows refused to do so out of solidarity with the strike, so the fact that he is taking over that duty so production can continue may not be literal scab behavior, but it's definitely scab-adjacent.

Again, if the WGA endorsed it that's different.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
She’s also an actor so it’s a little different

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Samadhi posted:

The person who was supposed to host the shows refused to do so out of solidarity with the strike, so the fact that he is taking over that duty so production can continue may not be literal scab behavior, but it's definitely scab-adjacent.

Again, if the WGA endorsed it that's different.

I don't see why it matters, as Jennings is not a member of the WGA. Bialik is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pops Mgee posted:

She’s also an actor so it’s a little different

Not really, its that she is a WGA member.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

I don't see why it matters, as Jennings is not a member of the WGA. Bialik is.

So he is replacing a WGA union member who is striking, but is not a scab? I am just trying to understand the logic here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nah let the other folks collect paychecks. If they approved this, that’s really all that needs to be said. I don’t think the organization would do that if it undermined their own cause.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I agree. If the WGA gave their approval for him to work on production then I completely agree he isn't scabbing, but I haven't seen anything indicating that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Open World RPGs are very difficult for me to finish as well. Never beat Skyrim, BOTW, etc.

I am hugely excited to play and not finish Starfield later this year.

I've spent more time playing Skyrim than Elizabeth Truss spent as Prime Minister of the UK and I've never beaten it. I don't think anyone has actually beaten Skyrim.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Have you considered sending them a schedule in MSPaint .bmp format

It would have been a much better use of my Friday at work not playing Zelda to see how long I could keep sending images that are super compressed and too blown out to read. Just start with a screenshot of GIS for "Gantt Chart" and go from there.

Sadly instead I just made the drat thing, and now I'm working on a PowerPoint to address the same dozen questions every single person has asked about this project.

My method of childish protest is peppering some swears and lowbrow stuff into the wordiest parts of the body where no executive could ever force themself to read in full detail. Today's was saying "I know Project is better for these, but both the desktop and online version said I didn't have a license and I didn't want to fart around with it all day".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
why must everyone seek out things to get angry about?

very hard to care about ken jennings perhaps possibly being a scab on a trivia show

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m at work, generating value for my community.

I love supporting my community and I also love Zelda.

I’m gonna game 2nite

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samadhi posted:

So he is replacing a WGA union member who is striking, but is not a scab? I am just trying to understand the logic here.

He's not writing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

why must everyone seek out things to get angry about?

New thread title please.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This happened like five minutes before Addie and I got in

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1656990646287097860?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

That is fuckin nuts. What do you even do if you came back and he’s still there? Wait it out?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m at work, generating value for my community.

I love supporting my community and I also love Zelda.

I’m gonna game 2nite

Same but rocket league.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Did it go to the bathroom in there?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

That is fuckin nuts. What do you even do if you came back and he’s still there? Wait it out?

it'd probably run. Black bears, especially young ones like that, are just big racoons.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Did it go to the bathroom in there?

ill upload the video later. he basically just like, sniffed around for a minute and left.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Having a lot of fun gluing stuff to other stuff A+ GOTY

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

mods please rename the thread to "getting mad about people getting mad about people getting mad online"

"getting mad ouroboros" if there's a character limit, TIA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Having a lot of fun gluing stuff to other stuff A+ GOTY

lmao im so loving bad at it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao im so loving bad at it

I just can’t wait for the videos in a couple weeks of some super genius that comes up with some ridiculous stuff like they did with BotW

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just can’t wait for the videos in a couple weeks of some super genius that comes up with some ridiculous stuff like they did with BotW

The mechanics lend themselves really well to speed run antics. We'll see some nutty stuff.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I heard there is some gamer out there playing Tears of the Kingdom working on creating a sentient Dianne Feinstein, absolute unhinged poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

parents decided to get a loving puppy for some reason and they picked her out today.

and just so none of you suckers forget who's top dog around here

Also here's the bear

https://share.ring.com/36b2df76-700c-40b6-908d-e8ca1a8114a4.mp4