Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I remember what a revolution it was when SNES emulators finally started supporting transparent layers and we could finally play Link To The Past on our computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Is there a viable alternative to RetroArch? I didn’t realize RetroArch was so despised.

I pretty much have to use RetroArch on my Vita because they have few good standalone emulators. Thankfully the RP2+ and 3DS have great emulators so it evens out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RetroArch is so bad some people have taken to calling it RetroArchnemesis instead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm pretty sure I am the slowest AOW4 player in the world. I've spent 10 hours on the beginning map pursuing all four victory conditions at the same time. It's not enough to simply lead... I must dominate.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

Chained Echoes (switch):
Played 20 minutes. First yellow card / red flag: when the game introduces some new characters, instead of letting their personality and story emerge organically through action and dialogue, the game pauses and shines a spotlight on them and gives you a block of text explaining what their entire deal is

Cool. Just like FF6

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ymgve posted:

I remember what a revolution it was when SNES emulators finally started supporting transparent layers and we could finally play Link To The Past on our computers

And being able to get through the ship graveyard in FF5 lol

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Took today off, TOTK is still out for delivery, and Diablo IV open beta doesn't start til 3pm, cut my life into pieces

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

don't you have phones?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

homeless snail posted:

nesticle, now that was a UI

:hmmyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Cool. Just like FF6

maybe that's why i never finished it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean its just a presentation thing, its not like 'this guy is a ninja. he kills people for money.' robs them of the ability to do any further characterization or development.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cant believe Nintendo ripped off Genshin Impact!!!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

does the ff6 remaster still refer to mog as slam dancing? if it doesn't i will not be buying it on switch.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Goddamnit, time to re-buy a Switch. I was gonna try to hold off on TOTK until next year but I don't think I have the willpower :(

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

BonoMan posted:

Goddamnit, time to re-buy a Switch. I was gonna try to hold off on TOTK until next year but I don't think I have the willpower :(

Here is a Will Power. Godspeed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think that I will play TotK next year because I have my schedule and there is no way I am going to get through BotW quickly and do not want the whole year to be Zelder games.

However, I will play it because I have heard there are big ands and that is what I am all about.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Here is a Will Power. Godspeed.

He's too good lookin' to resist. Headed to BB

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1657006064942956544?s=20

i fuckin knew this game was trash

TRASH

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

but can you attach a large boat fan to the dog

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Had a good chuckle while watching the FFXIV Live Letter for the new patch when Yoshi-P said they're lowering the time to get raid gear because there's great games coming in June that they want people to play.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Link is a known psychopath who is cruel to animals.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

OhFunny posted:

Had a good chuckle while watching the FFXIV Live Letter for the new patch when Yoshi-P said they're lowering the time to get raid gear because there's great games coming in June that they want people to play.

that's so sweet

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't keep your dogs at 360p 30 fps. It's very harmful to them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

You also cannot fight the dog

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not gonna make Iron Crowned's GOTY.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

not empty quoting

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I will not play Tears of the Kingdom until I've finished Breath of the Wild, which might take a while. So please refrain from discussing the newer game itt until then.
Thank you for understanding

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

OhFunny posted:

based yoship. the guy whose answer to people getting bored of ff14 is, to go play another game and wait for the next patch, instead of adding more meters

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bone emulator posted:

I will not play Tears of the Kingdom until I've finished Breath of the Wild, which might take a while. So please refrain from discussing the newer game itt until then.
Thank you for understanding

Breath of the Wild was a lot of fun, please enjoy

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

homeless snail posted:

based yoship. the guy whose answer to people getting bored of ff14 is, to go play another game and wait for the next patch, instead of adding more meters

Casually looking through the games releasing in June.

"Guess I'll take a break from FFXIV to play FFXVI."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yoshi-P getting out of the way of whoever this Naoki Yoshida fella is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Link is dog neutral

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OhFunny posted:

Casually looking through the games releasing in June.

"Guess I'll take a break from FFXIV to play FFXVI."

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1657020337022803970?t=t6YCJkxHbkY3HA4f91_BJg&s=19

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

the alternative is just going back to individual emulators. the upside is, a lot of cores really have to contrive poo poo to work in retroarch and its more of a pain in the rear end the further away your system gets from the snes

bizhawk is a good multi emu

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

US

Japan

:shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Where the gently caress is Tom in relation to the floor

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

the rest of his body is elongated and coiled like a serpent out of frame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Who is the mysterious second mouse

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It was the 90s. Floors were square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The game manual refers to him as Tuffy, Jerry's nephew https://thetomjerry.fandom.com/wiki/Tuffy The game uses him for a very weak form of "multiplayer" where Player 2 takes over if Player 1 gets damaged