Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good lord Jack Welch was a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I had never heard of him before but drat what a bastard.

It's really frustrating when we get these precedent-setting bastards that just make things so much worse for American society as a whole. (See also: Phyllis Schlafly)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, and he only got a two-parter.

I know that folks on places like this site use "number go up" sarcastically a lot, but it's true; evidently a huge percentage of our supposed leaders and luminaries are myopic twits obsessed with improving some metric in the short term, even if doing so will wreck the same metric in the long run.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Zugzwang posted:

Yeah, and he only got a two-parter.

I know that folks on places like this site use "number go up" sarcastically a lot, but it's true; evidently a huge percentage of our supposed leaders and luminaries are myopic twits obsessed with improving some metric in the short term, even if doing so will wreck the same metric in the long run.

It's literally one of the foundational examples of Goodhart's Law: "Every metric that becomes a target becomes a bad metric."

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://www.tumblr.com/alienfirst/695432544434470912/i-could-explain-this-but-instead-ill-just-say?source=share

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

That's p. good fanart.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Poldarn posted:

That's p. good fanart.

I’ve never seen a picture of Sophie but I recognized her.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Sophie's "Oh, Robert..." look is unmistakable.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo Vince gets a SIX parter.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AceOfFlames posted:

I am not shocked, Vince is actually a monster that is up there with the worst people in history.

edit: hoo boy, Fritz von Erich is a special type of evil dad. He really hosed up his entire family.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 16, 2023

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

AceOfFlames posted:

Only 4 minutes in and I'm already SO hyped for this series. Even just the fact that Robert announced he was going to cover Vince was reported on as a news story :stare:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

That was quite an episode. :catstare:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone who is not a wrestling dork: strap the gently caress in and expect to hear about the following:

Dry leaves
rear end cream
Steroids
Concussions
Hepatitus
People pretending to be wild savages so they could get away with murder
Bribery
Sexual abuse of mostly teenagers, but underaged ones
Terrible parenting
Terrible politics
The biggest victim complex I have ever heard of
Clinical narcissism
Terrible business sense

And thats just the stuff off the top of my head

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

A few of those are covered with the Lotax part alone

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1125411281157132290

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1437076332412870656
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1437076367791869952

vince is certainly a human being that exists on this earth

TGLT fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 16, 2023

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/elleinad___xo/status/1658609663154307073?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TGLT posted:

vince is certainly a human being that exists on this earth

:getin:

Vince is a loving lunatic and this rollercoaster is gonna be fun

I will admit, i had kinda hoped for a reverse btb where someone else tells him the story and he reacts so he could be surprised, but it’s gonna be good regardless

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I really enjoyed Robert setting the American wrestling stage and explaining how there's a rich history of lovely promoters doing everything they can to promote their show, even (especially) at the expense of their performers.

Also who tf knew Seanbaby had such impressive wrestling bona fides??

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Seanbaby’s MMA articles are loving hilarious.

https://www.cracked.com/blog/how-mma-proved-that-bigger-guy-usually-loses-horribly

https://www.cracked.com/blog/6-outstanding-taunts-done-during-mma-fights

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 17, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fun(?) Fact: A24 is making a movie about the Von Erich clan called The Iron Claw starring Zac Efron as Kevin Von Erich

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

Fun(?) Fact: A24 is making a movie about the Von Erich clan called The Iron Claw starring Zac Efron as Kevin Von Erich

AEW World Champion MJF is actually going to be playing fake Von Erich cousin Lance who Fritz refused to give a pay rise because he wasn't a real Von Erich.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
There's an episode of Dark Side of the Ring about the Von Erichs, if anyone wants to know more about them. I'm surprised they never really got into anything horrible Vince has done on that show.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Testekill posted:

I am not shocked, Vince is actually a monster that is up there with the worst people in history.

World is lucky that Vince has been stuck in the industry of men slapping men and not like, resource extraction in Africa.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

World is lucky that Vince has been stuck in the industry of men slapping men and not like, resource extraction in Africa.

Yeah he has escaped scrutiny because wrestling is lowbrow and nobody outside of wrestling cared that he's a piece of poo poo.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Testekill posted:

Yeah he has escaped scrutiny because wrestling is lowbrow and nobody outside of wrestling cared that he's a piece of poo poo.

Exactly, I will take issue with Roberts thing at the beginning of todays episode would love to see his source on wrestlers making 50k, full time wrestlers usually make way more then that. AEW full time on tv talent make around 6 figures and while they're independent contractors they for the most part allow the talent to work elsewhere if it wouldn't interfere with AEW shows. And like wrestling is still a lovely dirty business just not that lovely.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 18, 2023

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Big fan of sentencing people to the road.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LionYeti posted:

Exactly, I will take issue with Roberts thing at the beginning of todays episode would love to see his source on wrestlers making 50k, full time wrestlers usually make way more then that. AEW full time on tv talent make around 6 figures and while they're independent contractors they for the most part allow the talent to work elsewhere if it wouldn't interfere with AEW shows. And like wrestling is still a lovely dirty business just not that lovely.

I was unsure if he was referring to wrestlers back in the day, wrestlers nowadays, indy wrestlers only…

I could see making that back in the 70s, or making that if you arent in AEW or the WWE, or if you eliminate the main eventers from the list, but that number was roughly what i believe the female wrestlers were making in also-ran wrestling company TNA, notorious for poo poo pay

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

rotinaj posted:

I was unsure if he was referring to wrestlers back in the day, wrestlers nowadays, indy wrestlers only…

I could see making that back in the 70s, or making that if you arent in AEW or the WWE, or if you eliminate the main eventers from the list, but that number was roughly what i believe the female wrestlers were making in also-ran wrestling company TNA, notorious for poo poo pay

TNA is such a garbage company that their womens champion had to work at Sunglass Hut.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Look brother, she had to pay her dues to the business

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Both stories about Dr. Jerry Graham were incredible.

edit: https://twitter.com/Ozzilla22/status/1659465345533628416

I can absolute believe that this (most likely) racist dude is capable of throwing Puerto Ricans like potatoes.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 19, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Man, Robert skipping how Vince destroyed the territories was unexpected. I figured that'd be half an episode in and of itself

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shinji2015 posted:

Man, Robert skipping how Vince destroyed the territories was unexpected. I figured that'd be half an episode in and of itself

I think some of that will be in the next episode because he didn't really talk about Hulk Hogan. Hogan is a big part of that since he ended up being the most notable guy he poached through the TV deals.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

There’s not much to tell that isn’t “he went here and hired their top guys, then went there and hired their top guys” unless you want to get analytical and longwinded

Considering i am debating buying death of the territories, i want analytical and longwinded but joe average btb fan isnt gonna want to hear all the details of junkyard dog coming in because he could solo sell out the house in new orleans, or how the entire portland scene collapsed without roddy piper to anchor it

For a podcast that isnt for wrestling fans, it is probably for the best

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1661165877830512641?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

"I wish BTB had a paid version so I could listen without ads" my android-having rear end wished on the monkey's paw

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Insta-subbed. I can't stand the ads on iHeartRadio.

PICTURE MIAMI.

ugh.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Stupid fuckin Apple Podcasts. I'm a Dapper Dan Google man!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Pack it in, Androidailures

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

pro tip: enable posting in your feedback threads