Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Managed to make that trip by having Link eat a bunch of batteries lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/mikedrucker/status/1657011654033383426?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I gotta assume they knew some stuff from the leaks at least. That's crazy!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I discovered that the game looks at your save file for BOTW. Nothing major, but tagging anyway. if you have any horses registered at a stable, they'll already be there Any other things it looks at?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unironically excited about this BotW speedruns are insane and I hope TotK is even moreso.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Am I supposed to be able to break the glittering stone pillars (Zonaite?) or obviously-meant-to-be-broken stone walls with just Ultrahand? I think I’m doing the shrines out of order here maybe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All right I’m back for a quick question which I’m sure has been asked 700 times: What’s the “all right, time to gently caress off” point in this game? I just unlocked the camera and it seems I’m finally at a point where I’m free to work on either of the main quest locations. Is there anything else tied to an early quest/shrine I’m missing or is this the point to explore? Couple of notes:

- Goggles mentioned the shrine location upgrade but sounds like I need to progress the main story for him to head to Hateno.
- Stables appear to also be story gated for the time being.
- I’m missing one thing on the L menu. Is this also story gated later on?

So far this has been exactly what I wanted out of Zelda. I’m looking forward to go all in on this during the weekend.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm six hours in, loving it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
my only regret is being too sleepy to get serious sessions in today

That's okay though, taking my time is nice too. Feelin the vibes

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All right I’m back for a quick question which I’m sure has been asked 700 times: What’s the “all right, time to gently caress off” point in this game? I just unlocked the camera and it seems I’m finally at a point where I’m free to work on either of the main quest locations. Is there anything else tied to an early quest/shrine I’m missing or is this the point to explore? Couple of notes:

- Goggles mentioned the shrine location upgrade but sounds like I need to progress the main story for him to head to Hateno.

So far this has been exactly what I wanted out of Zelda. I’m looking forward to go all in on this during the weekend.

at this point I'd just explore the hyrule fields and mop up any shrines and then head northwest to the rito village

1) this will progress when you clear a dungeon
2) they're not, just go find any of them except for the opening town one
3) it's not story gated, but if you want a hint as to where it is: check underneath the great plateau

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

at this point I'd just explore the hyrule fields and mop up any shrines and then head northwest to the rito village

1) this will progress when you clear a dungeon
2) they're not, just go find any of them except for the opening town one
3) it's not story gated, but if you want a hint as to where it is: check underneath the great plateau

Good to know! Ok so I’m in a good spot now to go explore. Thanks!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, I'm kinda stumped looking for Dragon Tears. I found the map on the shrine and I want to go in the wall order. The second one it says it's south of Hebra Peak and east of the Rito Lake. But the best I've found is some snow mounts on Kopeeki Drifts. Is it locked until I do something to clear the blizzard? Cause I see no poo poo and I already climped the look towers.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm playing the Zelda!

Who was a nerd I wanted to away from in less then like 3 minutes, but now I have a cool hand and pretty hair and am very excited.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Game rules

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You don't have to do it right now, but all your problems are related and involve doing the follow up quest for Josha. It's not completely urgent, you can go off and explore now, but don't leave it 50 hours.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Okay, I'm kinda stumped looking for Dragon Tears. I found the map on the shrine and I want to go in the wall order. The second one it says it's south of Hebra Peak and east of the Rito Lake. But the best I've found is some snow mounts on Kopeeki Drifts. Is it locked until I do something to clear the blizzard? Cause I see no poo poo and I already climped the look towers.

I am not sure if it's locked behind clearing the blizzard, but it's on an east facing cliff. The first couple of times i tried to find it i couldn't see it because i was approaching from the west.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

CJ posted:

I am not sure if it's locked behind clearing the blizzard, but it's on an east facing cliff. The first couple of times i tried to find it i couldn't see it because i was approaching from the west.

Yeah, just found it now. Complaining on this gay forum always works!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jom and Terry jom Gabar and terrier jom Tom jombabdil

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So finishing the tutorial who else died descending into Hyrule cause you were expecting a cutscene or something?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I'm trying to do this camera quest for Robbie in the chasm and I got lost a few times. Every time I get into a fight down here I die. Is this quest essential to do right away? I feel like I should visit more shrines and get more heart containers before attempting chasm stuff, but maybe not.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Subjunctive posted:

Am I supposed to be able to break the glittering stone pillars (Zonaite?) or obviously-meant-to-be-broken stone walls with just Ultrahand? I think I’m doing the shrines out of order here maybe.

Fuse a rock to a thing for a rock breaker weapon

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Rageaholic posted:

So I'm trying to do this camera quest for Robbie in the chasm and I got lost a few times. Every time I get into a fight down here I die. Is this quest essential to do right away? I feel like I should visit more shrines and get more heart containers before attempting chasm stuff, but maybe not.

You are missing out on some upgrades but you don't need to do it right away, obviously you won't be able to do some sidequests until you do it. I didn't do it for several days.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Oh hello Like Like. I see Nintendo has found a way to make you still haunt my dreams even after three decades. Oh good.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I'm kinda stumped about cherry blossom trees... what am I supposed to do? I found a map with locations and someone mentioned satori liking fruit.

edit: haha nm im dumb figured it out

AlphaKeny1 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 12, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
end of tutorial zone spoilers

i hope that’s not the end of Rauru, his design is way too good to vanish so early

really feeling the lack of my old tools, though at least I finally found Link some pants

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
1 hour in impressions: bad day to realize my R button is broken.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

both games have you wake up in a cave having lost your power cause ganon smacked you and meet the hyrule king's ghost at the temple of time after doing 4 shrines and using the goddess statue and then jumping off a thing and Zelda saying "link please come find me"

its like poetry it rhymes

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I wonder if the 4 othe rraces are having natural disasters and I gotta help their royal person amd do some shrines along the way, oh look a korok

edit: the rito did not have a natural disaster in BOTW they just didn't like the bird flying overhead

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

This game is the Home Alone 2 to BotW's Home Alone 1.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's like in real life when a hawk passes overhead all the other little birds freeze in place until it leaves.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Kinda surprised some people had issues with the the opening tutorial. I thought the Great Sky Islands were significantly easier than the Great Plateau, and enjoyed it way more as a tutorial.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I've made it out of the tutorial area and still don't have a shirt, did I miss something

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gato posted:

I've made it out of the tutorial area and still don't have a shirt, did I miss something

not really

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
so im realizing only now that the depths entrances on the great plateau are all where the old shrines used to be. hmm.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Stupid questions;
1) Is the gerudo equipment set in this game?
2) If so, is it upgradable and therefore actually viable this time around?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

im also realizing that the great plateau is crawling with black bokoblins oh god

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gato posted:

the starting tunic’s in the cave a little after the first shrine

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ConanThe3rd posted:

Stupid questions;
1) Is the gerudo equipment set in this game?
2) If so, is it upgradable and therefore actually viable this time around?

No.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Having put in a few hours I still think BOTW has a place, and not rendered obsolete. The mechanics presented here, the world as well, is much more complex and intimidating for a beginning player. BOTW’s introduction is much more palatable and TOTK feels more like an escalation than a re-do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

extremely funny combat strategy: shooting a black boss bokoblin with a berserk-shroom, then frantically running in and stealing the horns of its smaller friends after it kills them