Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Link and the master sword are little weaklings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Weaklink

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Khanstant posted:

If you want spoilers, your specific issue has an amazing solution and it's something you could get almost immediately or a 100 hours in.

What is it?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Good lord TotK is impressive. Games are loving amazing now Holy poo poo

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh I was wondering if it'd be informative to watch the plot of Age of Calamity? I was under the impression that was a complete historical revision of BotW and had nothing to do with the main plot, but just wanted to be sure.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Wandering through literal clouds in the sky island... my god, this is video games

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
About to crack into Zelda. Is it good? BotW was my game of the decade so I’m stoked but staying away from anything else to prevent spoilers.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
If you liked BotW yep this game kicks so much rear end

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I haven't played a Zelda since OOT

I'm scared I won't like it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rolo posted:

About to crack into Zelda. Is it good? BotW was my game of the decade so I’m stoked but staying away from anything else to prevent spoilers.

BotW is a garbage baby tech demo game for pleebs compared to TotK

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

evilmiera posted:

Despite loving Botw I can't really get excited for this one. Maybe it's because my brain somehow won't let go of the fact I am no longer the superpowered Link from the last game with all those shrines under my belt, or I can't muster the energy to care about fighting another Ganon.

i think its because you have a peanut brain

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mdemone posted:

I haven't played a Zelda since OOT

I'm scared I won't like it

you should try it out, its fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

KingSlime posted:

Honestly the frame rate does get pretty lovely at times. It's generally stable but when it gets rough idk feels really lovely for a $70 2023 game. Try manipulating large objects in any outside environment and I've seen it go as low as 15 frames per second. Usually stabilizes fairly quickly but it is quite jarring

The hardware is definitely holding this game back. I really look forward to seeing this game and breath of the wild remastered in 60 frames per second in 10 years or whatever

you too. dumb rear end bitch

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That's meltdown may for you

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
This game is going to own so hard on Yuzu once the bugs are worked out. It already looks pretty darn good on the Switch. 4k60 with graphic packs are going to own own own.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I haven't played BotW. Should I?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I haven't played BotW. Should I?

It depends, do you like fun games? You don't need to play BotW to play TotK.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Len posted:

What is it?

It's another wheel tool, AutoBuild, so you can make stuff only once and then after you can save the design and then have it plop out a copy anywhere you want on demand.

To get it, there's some quests that lead you there or you can stumble on it yourself by going underground and exploring a bit under the Great Plateau

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Stux posted:

you too. dumb rear end bitch

That seems pretty harsh.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

FlapYoJacks posted:

It depends, do you like fun games? You don't need to play BotW to play TotK.

Got it. I'm sold then.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm real bad at physics puzzles and construction. I tried to build an automatic rowboat and instead it turned out more like a robot that I stupidly activated before putting it in the water, so it started flailing on the land and smacked the hell out of me and almost killed me. Amazing game, I love it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wandered into a cave with Yiga clan and the game borderline soft locked me because the checkpoint starting me at the start of an encounter where I would be one shot with almost any of their attacks, including a lovely homing attack that feels like it might as well be unavoidable. (Only way I stopped it was by attacking the guy, which is sort of a problem if I'm trying to just friggen leave)

Can't wait to murder the gently caress out of these shits later. Game cool otherwise.

e: I still don't like horses. Why can't we start with the bike instead? Or at least let me pick plants from horseback.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 12, 2023

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Aerofallosov posted:

That seems pretty harsh.

Look at their rap sheet, it's a gimmick or someone who isn't well

Stux gonna stux

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Gonna feed the doggos so they can do their happy-trot and show me some treasures

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Anyone that doesn't like Zelda / is obsessed with fps right now has my deepest sympathies.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

KingSlime posted:

Look at their rap sheet, it's a gimmick or someone who isn't well

Stux gonna stux

:qq:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yep that's the exact face I'm making irl cuz I ran out of arrows and chili peppers and any way to make fire up on this snowy hill

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
A copy of TotK is now waiting for me at Target. I'm going downtown this evening to get tipsy off tiki drinks (Happy Friday!), then am coming home to EXPLORE.

:dance:

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
Holy poo poo. I accidentally opened a chest while crouching and Link punches that bitch and hurts his hand. Was that in BotW???

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bold choice to make the shrines goatse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

i think its because you have a peanut brain

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
They made a good choice writing (localizing) the robot speech in TotK. They speak in short and plain sentences, they don't emote or use contractions, etc. They're basically Data

way better than giving them a goofy vocal tick or going full talking calculator like they did with Fi

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The music in Zelda is so loving good

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm real bad at physics puzzles and construction. I tried to build an automatic rowboat and instead it turned out more like a robot that I stupidly activated before putting it in the water, so it started flailing on the land and smacked the hell out of me and almost killed me. Amazing game, I love it.

I don't know anything about TotK (though we now have a copy) but this is giving me swap-tricked import Panekit vibes.

Which is not good 'cause I have Stuff to Do this weekend.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My only mild criticism so far is rotating objects is finicky and I wish it was hold to smooth rotate not tap to snap rotate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Game is good so far but lmao at Nintendo charging $70 and being too cheap to have full voice acting.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
limited voice acting is a good thing

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxxidation posted:

limited voice acting is a good thing

I'd say it depends. In an RPG with choices I think it's the worse idea possible because it massively limits the options and scope, see how RPGs who added voices to their protags dumbed down choices a lot, lile Fallout or Dragon Age.

In a game like Zelda and Pokemon though Nintendo can absolutely afford it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine caring about that at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/DKR0x2T.mp4