Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

...once the Wizard sat down, where did Plas' head go?

Have you seen the motion picture "Hancock"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TheCenturion posted:

...once the Wizard sat down, where did Plas' head go?

Well he needs to make sure Wizard doesn't fall off somehow.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Meanwhile, Woozy teleported across the room between panels.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Darthemed posted:

Plastic Man #52 (1955)

How do the wheels work?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Don't think about how Plastic Man's powers work, madness lies that way.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mister Kingdom posted:

How do the wheels work?
they don't actually turn there's just hundreds and thousands of microscopic plastic man feet at the bottom of them that run really fast.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

David D. Davidson posted:

Don't think about how Plastic Man's powers work, madness lies that way.
Plastic Man is the most powerful superhero not because of his powers but because he is a Looney Toons character in a superhero world.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Plastic Man #52 (1955)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJnd9rSAQ8

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Punisher: War Journal #23 (2008)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Raphael: Bad Moon Rising #2 (2007)

Superboy #126 (1966)

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 14, 2023

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Raphael: Bad Moon Rising #2 (2007)

Superboy #126 (1966)

Damnit Raphael the bottle was clearly labeled!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Lobo (1993-) #44

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Multiversity: Harley Screws Up the DCU #3

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Multiversity: Harley Screws Up the DCU #3

Why are there two Harleys Quinn? e: Oh "Multiversity" OK.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

MCU Doctor Strange would disagree.
Source: Daredevil (1998) #65

Source: Daredevil (2011) #19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Suleman posted:

Source: Daredevil (2011) #19

He forgot his gun :(

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He forgot his gun :(

Now he won't be able to defend himself against the ground.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Now he won't be able to defend himself against the ground.

Hey, could be worse.

It could be...

The Floor!

https://youtu.be/atkp33zvqWM

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
FYI, it seems like imgur has started throttling ISPs, so a lot of people, myself included, can't view imgur images at all any more. Attempting to view the images directly results in an error 429. It makes threads like this very empty. Finding alternative hosts can't be delayed much longer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If their goal is to get me to use their site or app than its not working because the brokenness extends to visiting their site directly or even to being logged into their app.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I don't have a problem with seeing images, but there doesn't seem to be an upload ability on the mobile site, so I keep poking around the desktop version on my phone, which is "fun". gently caress installing their app, I don't trust that.

If there's something better to use, make sure we know! Like, I wouldn't be able to share images saved on my OneDrive as that'd be way too much traffic.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SimonChris posted:

FYI, it seems like imgur has started throttling ISPs, so a lot of people, myself included, can't view imgur images at all any more. Attempting to view the images directly results in an error 429. It makes threads like this very empty. Finding alternative hosts can't be delayed much longer.

Yeah, I had that for a couple of days. Wasn't sure how widespread the issue is/was, but your mention is like the second or third one I've seen about it so it must be.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SimonChris posted:

lol that imgur got started as a simple image host, and now capitalism has finally taken it's lovely inevitable toll upon it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pick any of these hosters:

https://postimages.org/
https://file.glass/
https://abload.de/

I have been using the first one for the past month without issues and I have seen the other two used elsewhere without people complaining.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Infinitum posted:

lol that imgur got started as a simple image host, and now capitalism has finally taken it's lovely inevitable toll upon it.

Yeah, it sucks, but bandwidth couldn't have been cheap for them. I have no idea how they paid for their servers, never looked into it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I've been wondering if Imgur's recent stinginess is somehow related to their increasing comment character limits at the start of April for some vaguely AI-related purpose.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes (1990)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Imgur has been on the verge of implosion for several years now, we're lucky it didn't shut down overnight. Still might.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Awful app needs to change their imgur integration to something else because right now even with imgur's impending death it's still the easiest way to get images put up

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I still can't make a thread from within awful app

(that's probably a feature)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
My favourite thing I recently learned is that the OG Comedia-Del-Arte Harlequin predates the simpler CDA character 'Clown'. Harlequin was more like the Shakespearean Fool, someone using comedy or 'madness' to hide truth and insults. They were brightly coloured, a wandering trickster, and also typically integrated European folklore as the leader of the Wild Hunt, Odin.

Which means Harley Quinn is technically an avatar of the allfather, and I want to see the two meet, aware of this.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
"You ain't worthy, puddin!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Champions #3 (1976)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
At some points it feels like the X-Men are less a metaphor for marginalized minorities and more an allegory for the super-rich.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

At some points it feels like the X-Men are less a metaphor for marginalized minorities and more an allegory for the super-rich.

They are super rich. None of them work for a living.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*X-men brand bulldozer tears through a nature reserve in Westchester to make room for a new Danger Room, as protestors jeer*

*Scott Summers inner monologue* they hate and fear us because we are different

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They are super rich. None of them work for a living.

Working supes - still the stories I want to read.

Super powers, normal lives.

Moore did it great with the Top 10 series and I've never seen anyone else come close. They always move straight back into superheroes and "great responsibility, etc" rather than "Speed Pizza: at to your door in under 30 minutes anywhere in the world - or it's free"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #68 (1988)

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Daredevil (2011) #23

Source: Daredevil (2011) #24

Source: Daredevil (2016) #25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Fantastic Four #7.

Please put Ryan North in charge of the FF movie, and hell, he wouldn't be an awful Reed with a dye job.