Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

didnt he win formula e or something (the EXTREMELY slow cars)

He won Formula 2 as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ArmZ posted:

the ranking should be an average

Vamos Checo. :mexico:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Sunk Dunk posted:

didnt he win formula e or something (the EXTREMELY slow cars)

The cars can apparently go quite quickly but the tracks aren't built for speed

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

opposable thumbs.db posted:

It was Monza with a Williams that was the fastest car in a straight line but couldn't corner. Turns out "beating Latifi" is not the most predictive characteristic of immediate success

Beating latifi -> being latifi

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Taxman posted:

The cars can apparently go quite quickly but the tracks aren't built for speed

Yeah they could top out somewhere around 190 if allowed to I think. Wouldn't run as long on the battery of course, the calculations rely on something like 25-30% extra capacity from regen even at those speeds.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That's fine, just bring back car swapping during the race :xd:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zedd posted:

Vamos Checo. :mexico:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wait for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mvNYbsGxw&t=160s

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Super Formula is real loving good, Oyu is a gun and Lawson is going to take the seat of whichever Alpha Tauri driver Red Bull wants to eject next year. Their new car for this year is leading to very good action.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://twitch.tv/teamredline

max is racing in the 24 hours of nurburgring

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Say six and add th. Sicksth

Absurd, but what else did I expect from people who put more than three syllables in 'Worcestershire'

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Waugh-cest-her-shi-er

:america:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

harperdc posted:

Super Formula is real loving good, Oyu is a gun and Lawson is going to take the seat of whichever Alpha Tauri driver Red Bull wants to eject next year. Their new car for this year is leading to very good action.

I don't really get the hype for Iwasa. IMO Lawson is the top tier talent that should get the next AT seat. I've always been mega impressed with his pace.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/1657445413291524099
some really deep insights here

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kirios posted:

I don't really get the hype for Iwasa. IMO Lawson is the top tier talent that should get the next AT seat. I've always been mega impressed with his pace.

People want a hardass Japanese driver rather than a cute marshmallow like Yuki.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kirios posted:

The key to F2 is not to try and spot the next standout talent, but just enjoy them binning themselves in moves that would be considered stupid in even the most rudimentary of racing video games.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Charles Leclerc posted:

The key to F2 is not to try and spot the next standout talent, but just enjoy them binning themselves in moves that would be considered stupid in even the most rudimentary of racing video games.

not to disagree with this (i have enjoyed this part of f2 specifically this year) but also the f2 races have been more entertaining than the f1 races

i'm watching the indycar "gmr"(?) grand prix which is on the road course at indy. it's pretty good. spec cars (or whatever you call it) seem to produce more entertaining racing(?)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the milk machine posted:

not to disagree with this (i have enjoyed this part of f2 specifically this year) but also the f2 races have been more entertaining than the f1 races

i'm watching the indycar "gmr"(?) grand prix which is on the road course at indy. it's pretty good. spec cars (or whatever you call it) seem to produce more entertaining racing(?)

Oh hell yeah, this year I've made the effort of putting all the F2 and F3 sessions into my diary because they are far more entertaining than the F1 sessions. But it doesn't matter how good you are at winning a spec series, if you don't get into the right drive in a non-spec series it doesn't matter for poo poo.

Verstappen, for example, was not dominant at all in F3000 but to give him his due he was insanely entertaining at throwing his car around and look where he is now. Meanwhile, the winner of that series that year is charismatic no-mark Esteban Ocon (who Verstappen hilariously tried to push around a few years back lol).

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
don't remember if i mentioned this but big thanks to whoever recommended that Super Speedway imax movie awhile ago, it was great. some really good in-car footage though the sound was a bit too faked imo. still an awesome watch

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the milk machine posted:

Standard chassis, some places they can change (mostly the shocks) but also one of two engine suppliers. Between this and Super Formula, the actual racing action is probably better than F1.

the milk machine posted:

don't remember if i mentioned this but big thanks to whoever recommended that Super Speedway imax movie awhile ago, it was great. some really good in-car footage though the sound was a bit too faked imo. still an awesome watch

I haven’t watched it for a while but it was absolutely mind-blowing stuff in the mid-90s and probably holds up given how proper IMAX films were shot.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

You are welcome :)

Going to have to watch it again now haha.

Also sorry everyone, but Chloe Stroll is now married. Stefano Domenicali, Toto & Susie Wolff, and Flavio Briatore all attended the wedding.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Max is doing the 24hrs of Nürburgring on extra hard
https://twitter.com/i/status/1657425951922479106

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

Max is doing the 24hrs of Nürburgring on extra hard
https://twitter.com/i/status/1657425951922479106

Dont like Max but that is pretty funny/cute :allears:

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Custard Undies posted:

Dont like Max but that is pretty funny/cute :allears:

Agreed. Not a fan of Max either but his moments with Penelope are always very endearing.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Logan Sargent doesn’t even move the needle for me as an American. If you want me to break out the flags and hoot and holler every F1 race, give “Stingray Rob” a seat.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Logan Sargent doesn’t even move the needle for me as an American. If you want me to break out the flags and hoot and holler every F1 race, give “Stingray Rob” a seat.

Stingray Rob is the single greatest name in IndyCar, even better than current champ Will Power :australia:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Charles Leclerc posted:

Oh hell yeah, this year I've made the effort of putting all the F2 and F3 sessions into my diary because they are far more entertaining than the F1 sessions. But it doesn't matter how good you are at winning a spec series, if you don't get into the right drive in a non-spec series it doesn't matter for poo poo.

Verstappen, for example, was not dominant at all in F3000 but to give him his due he was insanely entertaining at throwing his car around and look where he is now. Meanwhile, the winner of that series that year is charismatic no-mark Esteban Ocon (who Verstappen hilariously tried to push around a few years back lol).

To be fair that's mostly because F3000 stopped existing when he was 8 years old.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Custard Undies posted:

You are welcome :)

Going to have to watch it again now haha.

Also sorry everyone, but Chloe Stroll is now married. Stefano Domenicali, Toto & Susie Wolff, and Flavio Briatore all attended the wedding.

Toto showing way too much skin.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Stingray Rob is the single greatest name in IndyCar, even better than current champ Will Power :australia:

Let’s not say things we can’t take back. Will Power is kind of an all-timer of a racing name, plus he’s a proper maniac off the track.

Dudley posted:

To be fair that's mostly because F3000 stopped existing when he was 8 years old.

And Max skipped a lot of the ladder, only spending a year in old pre-merger European F3 before going to Toro Rosso.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Charles Leclerc posted:

Yeah, it's really not hard to still see the angry little kids in karts in F2, they're small enough to easily drive 3 abreast on an F1 track which can only encourage the kind of passing that leads to spectacular results and a good number of current F1 drivers haven't shaken off that mentality. So why not go to the source?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

Oh yeah, it was Formula Three when GP3 was the current F3 for whatever reason.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:thunk:

https://blast.tv/major/alpine

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what the hell is a blasttv, is that like smashtv?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Yes but with more money laundering.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
well i signed up and entered my gamertag as my real name in all caps so you guys will know if im the winner

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
oh hell yea we got 3 straight weeks of racing comin up

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

oh hell yea we got 3 straight weeks of racing comin up

more like 3 crooked weeks seeing as redbull and redpony are cheating all the time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

more like 3 crooked weeks seeing as redbull and redpony are cheating all the time

if checo wins 2 races i don't care

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ArmZ posted:

if checo wins 2 races i don't care

Horner will not permit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they can just break his driveshaft from the pit wall, it's a much more economic way of issuing team orders while also recovering much more of the car than the sistema ferrari