Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tuffy was a very often recurring secondary character in the cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

In that box art, Jerry is a stop motion maquette and Tom is animating him on a little set he built.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I regret to inform everyone that I found slamming the Diablo 4 beta to be quite enjoyable. Clicking the demons felt good, the environments were cool and gross in the right way and not in the Activision management way.
However, I will not give the bad people money since they are charging 70 dollars for a PC game?!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

China

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The US version is true to the source material.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Walla posted:

Dancing is canon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHCsOFWuIb4&t=110s

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Walla posted:

Yeah, that's why it sucks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chicory dev

https://twitter.com/Greg_Wishes/status/1656717441773322241?s=20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

new witcher 3 patch just dropped

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Jay Rust posted:

new witcher 3 patch just dropped

A GOG account being required for cross-saves regardless of PC version sounds like a step back.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They nerfed apple juice and chicken sandwiches...

quote:

With the exception of potions and decoctions, it's now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, that game was neat

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just played Psychonauts for the first time. I'm guessing it's because I had no nostalgia for it, but it was pretty mid the whole way through and its final boss really put a spotlight on the bad mechanics.

But also I can see its charm even though the technical execution got in the way a lot.

Gonna start 2 this weekend.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Psychonauts 1 was good, but 2 is way better

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, 1 was one of those games that was Just Good Enough in terms of being a game and made up for the rest of it with pure charm.

2 loving blows it out of the water.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, 2 is the same style and framework without the execution flaws

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
God that first run through the psychedelic stage was so loving cool. All the levels were fantastic, but that initial story run through the story was trippy and emotional and I genuinely wish I had been back in college babysitting some people on shrooms bc it was better than some of the junk we tried.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BonoMan posted:

Just played Psychonauts for the first time. I'm guessing it's because I had no nostalgia for it, but it was pretty mid the whole way through and its final boss really put a spotlight on the bad mechanics.

But also I can see its charm even though the technical execution got in the way a lot.

Gonna start 2 this weekend.

Out of curiosity, which version did you play? OG Xbox (and 360 compatibility mode) and PC were really good looking, but the PS2 version is…lacking in the visuals department honestly.

And it’s a less shallow complaint than it seems because Psychonauts had fantastic art direction.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dewgy posted:

Out of curiosity, which version did you play? OG Xbox (and 360 compatibility mode) and PC were really good looking, but the PS2 version is…lacking in the visuals department honestly.

And it’s a less shallow complaint than it seems because Psychonauts had fantastic art direction.

I played it on GamePass on a Series S. Honestly other than the pre-rendered videos and obvious low fidelity limitations, it looked and played pretty good.

The art direction was good - definitely for the time. It didn't feel *as* new to me coming to it this late because I feel like it's a style I've seen before (I'm sure from post 2005 games I played inspired by Psychonauts).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, 1 was one of those games that was Just Good Enough in terms of being a game and made up for the rest of it with pure charm.

It sucked even at the time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Time to carbon date myself kids.

Doing a bit of wardrobe clean up and dusted off an old box full of manuals, thought you'd all enjoy seeing them

Don't know where the rest of them are, probably lost to time.
Mum & Dad sold the NES when I was a kid. Had an absolute mountain of games for that thing.

Also found this folded up, and I'm just gonna link someone elses so you can see a clearer picture of it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The fun one, however, is a copy of Nintendo Magazine System.
Used to have an absolute ton of these when I was a kid.

Can't find scans of it online to link you all to read, so enjoy the highlights
Funnily enough we were talking about Shadowman the other day

:siren:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’m glad Nintendo finished game piracy once and for all

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Well gently caress. It was a longshot but I was still hoping for a sid meiers pirates! 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, the Gamecube's tiny discs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychonauts 2 really was amazing, can't believe how well they nailed the sequel all those years later.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I should watch that documentary on the making of that game, it seems interesting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

God, the Gamecube's tiny discs.

"If we just shave a DVD down, noone will be able to pirate our games" :hmmyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We'll have to release Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on two discs but it's worth it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If I'm remembering right, Psychonauts came out at a time when it felt like nobody was doing that kind of game any more other than Nintendo. It was right as AAA gaming was getting into its desaturated guns guns guns era, but before the indie boom.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think I am on the final area of Twilight Princess and it has been a thoroughly good Zelder. If I had to give it a numerical review maybe an 8.8? ;)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is Games Forum the evil version of Video Games?

:thunk:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My fashion prediction for the year is that this look is making a huge comeback:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

bone emulator posted:

My fashion prediction for the year is that this look is making a huge comeback:

power stance

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Games Forum posted:

If I had to give it a numerical review maybe an 8.8? ;)

All Zeldas are an 8.8

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

All Zeldas are an 8.8

Uh, OG Link's Awakening on Gameboy is straight up 10 or 9 at worst.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

frytechnician posted:

Uh, OG Link's Awakening on Gameboy is straight up 10 or 9 at worst.

6.8 then, but that's my final offer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All Zeldas are a 10

Except the Zeldas I don't like

Those are a 9

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Isn't Shadows of Forbidden Gods a goon-made game? Because I downloaded the demo for it last night and accidentally played till five am and now I bought the game. So if 'elder god simulator' sounds fun, maybe give it a look, because goddamn.
Fuckin Chosen One telling all the rulers of the world about me. I'm just trying to start a plague, leave me alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should watch that documentary on the making of that game, it seems interesting

It is extremely great. Very long but worth it.