Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If it were me I’d be more upset about him holding Jarnkrok’s stick so that he couldn’t defend Cousins’ shot, but to each their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I thought "I wonder how many 'wow, real classy' posts are we going to see from Leafs fans about this" and then I clicked on the link. The answer is "a lot"

What a weird thing to think

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Edmonton is going to have to pick up their play now that they're Canada's team™©®

We The North™©®

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MJeff posted:

This isn't even the most ridiculous example of that, remember 2012?

LA completely changed after trading for Carter so there's an actual mechanical reason

Koopa Kid posted:

It’s goaltending, both the looking like poo poo before and now the looking good

Bob remembering how to play goalie after 4 seasons of .905 is actually baffling

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

I want Florida to win and go to the finals so I can drive the 4 hours or so and watch some SCF games for like $50 in person.

Hope you have a local billing address.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So who starts g6?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

Kinda fun that both teams did a 24 hour local hold for this round, now maybe nobody will whine about it for the next one.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

Mind taker lives in tampa and roots for a team with only one cup? Curious that.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
In other news, delighted to see the Knights win the post-brawl game. Edmonton's PP is so good, and the rest of their game so average that the series feels like it's going to come down to how badly the refs swallow their whistles for the likely game 7 in Vegas

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

It’s goaltending, both the looking like poo poo before and now the looking good

Yeah it’s not really clear that Florida actually did look very good that series. They played the same hockey as the Carlyle Leafs: dump the puck out to the neutral zone, and pray your goalie stops enough pucks while you also get enough counter attack chances off neutral zone turnovers.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Knights put on a “how to hold the lead” clinic last night, Bruce Cassidy may be hated by all his former players but he’s a hell of a coach. There was a couple shifts late in the game where Vegas spent over two minutes in Edmontons zone and the Oilers were just skating around.

The team is good enough that it doesn’t even matter that they are playing their 4th string goalie Adin Hill backed up by Jonathan Quick

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

Bruce Cassidy he’s a hell of a coach.

He really is.

He's in a great spot too, as very few of the Knights have enough career left to grow to hate him

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

They beat my team but God drat Gudas and Tkachuk really are the ultimate heels

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

^^ you love to see toronto dunked on but Gudas should be expelled permanently. Just a total nuisance

The Dirty Burger posted:

Bruce Cassidy may be hated by all his former players but he’s a hell of a coach.

I believe the old quote is, "You hated Scotty Bowman 364 days a year. The other day was when you picked up your Stanley Cup bonus cheque"

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I remember last year the Kings were up in the series 3-2 with a chance to close it out in LA. Edmonton won game 6 then the series.

Go Knights. Don't blow it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Knights are gonna do it baby

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

Knights are gonna do it baby

Please do not tempt fate

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

codo27 posted:

^^ you love to see toronto dunked on but Gudas should be expelled permanently. Just a total nuisance

Lol

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I can't help but wonder if that gudas picture is just a matter of perspective. Like if you see it from another angle he's actually not even looking at Woll

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

codo27 posted:

I believe the old quote is, "You hated Scotty Bowman 364 days a year. The other day was when you picked up your Stanley Cup bonus cheque"

i remember one of the wings championship VHS tapes- i think it was the 97 one- and they had Larionov on talking about how Scotty is actually great and he's sad that no one gets to see the fun side of him.

Now, that hits a bit different after hearing that his daughter's were driven to eating disorders by his insane parenting expectations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm pretty sure he's yelling because his team just scored in overtime to go to the ECF, but it's funnier to see the posts where Leafs fans complain about him not being classy.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
even if hes yelling directly in his face to make him feel bad, who cares, its sports, its funny and awesome.
and if and when the leafs beat him they should do similar.
its fun

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Duck Rodgers posted:

I can't help but wonder if that gudas picture is just a matter of perspective. Like if you see it from another angle he's actually not even looking at Woll

If you watch the replay he's just yelling because they won. The spot he's in is incidental.

Funny pic though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Screaming at a guy right after you snow shower him is pretty funny in an insult to injury kinda way.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm pretty sure he's yelling because his team just scored in overtime to go to the ECF, but it's funnier to see the posts where Leafs fans complain about him not being classy.

I'll never get as much joy from anything in my life as so many people do about leafs fans reactions, real or imagined.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

clean ayers act posted:

even if hes yelling directly in his face to make him feel bad, who cares, its sports, its funny and awesome.
and if and when the leafs beat him they should do similar.
its fun

And if they get really butt hurt about it, they can just punch the guy in the face. Actually, he's the type of guy you wouldn't mind seeing get punched in the face, but he's gonna punch back. Just like Corey Perry, you should get a power play and a refund from DOPS of the maximum allowed by the CBA for doing it. Gudas is an annoying low key dirty player who's also really good. Like Suter, but he can skate and pass still.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope he was screaming "1967!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'll never get as much joy from anything in my life as so many people do about leafs fans reactions, real or imagined.

After reading some of your posts, I definitely believe you don't get much joy.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

cope

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Not owned, corncob, etc.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Why is Game 6 of VGK vs EDM at 10 pm tomorrow? That’s crazy given that there are no other games on the schedule and it’s a weekend.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Mind_Taker posted:

Why is Game 6 of VGK vs EDM at 10 pm tomorrow? That’s crazy given that there are no other games on the schedule and it’s a weekend.

maybe there's something scheduled in the arena earlier in the day? who knows..

**could also be some sort of scheduling rule about minimum time between games starting late in a series.. like there has to be 48 hours between games or w/e.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Mind_Taker posted:

Why is Dallas v Seattle at 4pm? Because TV people get to pick the schedule and not the people at the rink.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Maybe it’s just me but having 2 of the best and most exciting players in the world play from 10:20 pm until 1 am on the east coast on a Sunday night is bad business. Just make the game at 8 pm eastern.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

Maybe it’s just me but having 2 of the best and most exciting players in the world play from 10:20 pm until 1 am on the east coast on a Sunday night is bad business. Just make the game at 8 pm eastern.

So people going to the game don’t have time to do anything after work except go straight to the arena?

Believe it or not the east coast is not the be all end all of the universe.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Kraken mental fortitude is too much, they won't lose this series

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

HookShot posted:

So people going to the game don’t have time to do anything after work except go straight to the arena?

People who can afford tickets to the game don't work on Sundays

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HookShot posted:

Yes it is.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

FootballFreak2 posted:

Kraken mental fortitude is too much, they won't lose this series

I respect the Kraken alot but as everyone knows Jake Oettinger always wins after a loss so your team is screwed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

:hmmno:

MJeff posted:

Yes it is.

:hmmyes: