Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

Now that I've got Clara all traced out I wonder if I should invest more in supports or try to get a 5* set of the physical damage relic set, or start farming stuff for the EL4 bump.

You need 20 of the stagnant shadow material to ascend a 5* character and 15 for 4*s so I'd get that sorted first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sitting on about 11k jade and a few passes. Got Seele, Welt, Ting, Sampo last banner. I guess the only one in my party that I'd want to upgrade so far would be Natasha. Trying to decide how long to hold these for before dumping into a banner (and which banner. Kafka/silver wolf?)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can probably get both kafka and silver wolf honestly

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jing Yuan is gonna have Sushang in it so im unloading my jades on this banner

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Luocha. If Natasha is currently your only healer, I think Luocha will probably offer a lot more power to your account than adding additional supports or damage dealers, especially in Forgotten Hall/Memory of Chaos.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Clarste posted:

I mean, freezing adds also instantly kills them in practice. Only Abundance doesn't have a button that instantly murders adds.

honestly taking abundance is also a good idea for the kafka fight because of the sustain and how it has CC removal

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

you can probably get both kafka and silver wolf honestly
That's my plan. I passed on Seele, but even if you didn't it might be doable. It'll depend a lot on how big the first couple of patches are. If they're just main story and a couple of dungeons, it'll be tight, but the more one-time jade they add, the easier it'll be.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kanos posted:

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Luocha. If Natasha is currently your only healer, I think Luocha will probably offer a lot more power to your account than adding additional supports or damage dealers, especially in Forgotten Hall/Memory of Chaos.

I mean, if you're a coward who pulls for utility and not your faves, I guess.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

I figured that this was implied if someone was posting in the thread asking "who should I pull for", because if they were pulling for design over power they wouldn't be asking!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

what if Otto Is their fave too :colbert:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On one hand I don't trust Luocha and if he's Void Archives from HI3 than I don't want him but OTOH my Granblue crew is chock full of some of the worse criminals out there sooooooooo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is Frozen cleanseable? Cocolia fight in W6 is rough as gently caress

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Everything is cleansable. There's no such thing as an uncleansable status effect, so far anyway.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

Anyone who rolls on Luocha for gameplay reasons is destined to lose their next 50-50 after that to Bailu. That will be their curse.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

^^^ I fear no space Qiqi

Sampo/Silver wolf/Kafka/Luocha rogue's gallery GO

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

That's my plan. I passed on Seele, but even if you didn't it might be doable. It'll depend a lot on how big the first couple of patches are. If they're just main story and a couple of dungeons, it'll be tight, but the more one-time jade they add, the easier it'll be.

Are you me? I skipped selee as well to get those two

Still killing me inside though

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

frajaq posted:

is Frozen cleanseable? Cocolia fight in W6 is rough as gently caress

I was successful going with the path of abundance and taking the buff to it where you get its ult as a passive every round or so and stacking it with the buff that gives you debuff resistance+clear. I would hit the abundance ult whenever Cocolia's (or Bronya's) turn was the very next one and I thought she was going to use a freeze move, and sometimes the passive would line up to where I could save it. Cocolia gets a damage buff whenever she gets a freeze off, so prevention instead of clearing out freeze seemed like the best way to go.

MuffinsAndPie fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 13, 2023

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ibblebibble posted:

Now that I've got Clara all traced out I wonder if I should invest more in supports or try to get a 5* set of the physical damage relic set, or start farming stuff for the EL4 bump.

I've been bouncing around those three options. I mean, I'm mostly waiting to see if I can get Jing Yuan before I'm maxed out on any of his banner 4* which is my stopping point. Kinda just holding pattern until then.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Anyone who rolls on Luocha for gameplay reasons is destined to lose their next 50-50 after that to Bailu. That will be their curse.

That honestly sounds pretty good, since you will most likely want two healers anyway to have one for each team, and Natasha is dramatically outperformed by Bailu in every fight except those with a singular must-cleanse debuff like Kafka.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Clarste posted:

Distinction without difference

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i hope we get more sources of special rail tickets.
also hope a new 7-day log in gets updated after new banner

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

GateOfD posted:

If Genshin is anything to go by, special tickets are rare to come by other than gems and the monthly shop.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Clara's Companion Quest
I killed Pascal

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

You'll take your daily training 60 jade allowance and you'll like it, citizen. The rationing will continue until morale improves.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I've been bouncing around those three options. I mean, I'm mostly waiting to see if I can get Jing Yuan before I'm maxed out on any of his banner 4* which is my stopping point. Kinda just holding pattern until then.

I decided to do a bit of relic farming and I got lucky and got 3 5* physical set relics that I needed. The body was crit rate% even. However, now I'm 2% crit rate short of being able to utilise the SU6 relic set on Clara which I would really like to try, so I really need to hope that I get one more crit rate% as a substat.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Otto owns and I definitely want Luocha eventually, but he's up against Bronie, Kafka, and Fu Xuan who are hitting patch after patch so I'll have to wait for his rerun. (and I have Bailu so I've at least got two healers)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there'll be more 4* healers eventually, and gepard is so tanky that you can run him without a healer if your damage is fairly high. and some characters have incidental healing in bits of their kit. there's no real reason to rush for luocha just because Second Healer.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

there'll be more 4* healers eventually, and gepard is so tanky that you can run him without a healer if your damage is fairly high. and some characters have incidental healing in bits of their kit. there's no real reason to rush for luocha just because Second Healer.

I entirely want him because he's Otto to be fair, but yeah that's why I'm waiting.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I actually find his ability to cleanse and dispel to be the most interesting part about him, along with him having a more ATK focus. Being able to have a lot of the more utility stuff all in one slot means you can go crazy with the rest. There are some things they do where you really really want the debuff off your character/want the buff off your enemy. Having one guy that can do both those things [Same turn, energy permitting] is neat. The fact he can heal, and his heals are mostly based off ATK, and his Ult is an AoE attack? That's all just bonus.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Luocha's got a really interesting kit (I love the idea of an attack-focused healer) but he's made the mistake of being between two characters I care about more. I think I'll probably pull him on a rerun tho.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the map/side quest design is really strong.
like in some of the space china maps, got a bit lost and missing like 2-3 chests.

just clearing up the side quest, it will kind of force you to go to the more hidden areas anyway to clear it

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Leraika posted:

Luocha's got a really interesting kit (I love the idea of an attack-focused healer) but he's made the mistake of being between two characters I care about more. I think I'll probably pull him on a rerun tho.
That's sort of an ideal configuration, in some ways. Because you'll be at zero pity after the banner before him, you can try to get him cheaply, and if you miss, the attempt doesn't cost you anything. And then since you're rolling on the next banner anyway, it won't leave you holding onto a high pity count you have to protect for very long.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Picked up Seele. On relics, how do you evaluate if quantum damage, attack, or attack % is better? How does crit fit into this??

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ultrachrist posted:

Picked up Seele. On relics, how do you evaluate if quantum damage, attack, or attack % is better? How does crit fit into this??
I don't have her yet, but from what I understand:

% is always better than a flat stat buff when available when it comes to gacha games

The meta for Seele is two of the one that increases quantum damage and two of the Muskateer set to increase overall damage, because none of the four-set bonuses for the two are super relevant to her

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
She does want the 4pc quantum set (def ignore is pretty good), it's just more likely (especially this early in the game) that you will have good substats from a 2pc2pc combo. Many players probably don't even have correct mainstats on 4 quantum set pieces (example: me).

As for the mainstats you should be targeting:
Body = Crit: go for whatever gives you a 1:2 ratio between crit rate and crit damage, usually you will end up with crit rate mainstat here.
Feet = Attack%
Orb = Quantum Damage
Rope = Attack%

Each relic type has a limited pool of mainstats and you want to balance each of these three damage-increasing stats. Investing in them all roughly equally gives bigger returns than pumping one of them up as high as you can. ATK% is doubled up on because Seele doesn't need speed on her boots or an energy recharge chain. Those relics can't get any other relevant stats so ATK% it is.

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 13, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

there's way too many trace and ascend and lightcone mats to farm.
i'm only doing the weekly 10 runs on a relic fight atm till i finished the other stuff, especially with how a gamble it is

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm gonna be pulling for Blade whenever he comes, and Luocha is pretty much made to support him, so I gotta pull for Luocha too.

Sucks that Luocha is apparently coming after Silver Wolf, though. I was gonna skip Jing Yuan for him but if I do that then my account is gonna be pretty barren for a pretty long time. I was considering pulling for Jing Yuan first anyway but given that I also wanna get Kafka that doesn't seem wise

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I think it's worth doing a few pulls on the Jing Yuan banner even if you're not very interested in him just to get a Tingyun and/or Sushang. Tingyun rivals 5*s despite being a 4* and will only make your future 5* DPS better.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

tried serval/ting/asta/bailu on SU6 and wiped 50% on phase 2

it's not cool at all that I didn't know you had to UNLOCK 10TH BLESSING IN THE SKILL BEFORE HAND

loving game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I already have Tingyun and Sushang, so that helps a lot with my decision to wait for characters I'm more interested in. As it is I'm pretty skeptical about having the resources to pull both Silver Wolf and Kafka without whaling, so I'll almost definitely stop if I miss on Silver Wolf with the first pity and save the guarantee for Kafka. It's going to sting watching Luocha go by (I might do a token 20 pulls just to see if I hit jackpot super early, idk), but I'd probably better get used to it since it seems like they have tons of cool characters in the works.