Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also you wanna go there to start the newspaper questline which locks Great Fairies amongst other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hehehe cheating the old Poe man by saving before paying for location of next dark boy

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ChocNitty posted:

Does this game have something equivalent to botw's 120 shrines?

Not gonna lie, if it does, everything else is just a bonus.

150 shrines.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Updog Scully posted:

Aw, your friend and you got separated? That's soooo sad. Go find him yourself, you little bastard.

It’s faster to just ultrahand him over to his friend than to build a car and drive him over

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Has anyone found a recipe or use for golden apples outside of offering it to cherry trees to summon ghost horse to highlight caves?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

It’s faster to just ultrahand him over to his friend than to build a car and drive him over

wait til you run into ones where the friend is at the top of a cliff

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Steve Yun posted:

It's a shame we don't have stasis anymore to boot them over.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Khanstant posted:

Has anyone found a recipe or use for golden apples outside of offering it to cherry trees to summon ghost horse to highlight caves?

Um, I'm pretty sure you can use normal apples for that one, unless I'm wrong.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

its not fun this way though

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I don't remember horses being so difficult to handle. And I have the royal family horse from the first game maxed out too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CJ posted:

150 shrines.

Omg sick, I was wondering bc I already had like 90 shrines and still don't even have the whole map uncovered yet and still see even surface shrines I haven't visited yet.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Fifty Three posted:

How the gently caress did you call this lmao this owns
its because im psychic

(when i realized that i was 100% dead on i had the biggest poo poo eating grin. that was a JOKE POST, nintendo!!)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sorry, but I can confirm there is a second save data bonus.

You keep the Champion's photo from the DLC in your house if you put it up.

Unless a clear save keeps it, in which case I call BS.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
And AutoBuild makes those little Korok vehicles or also just cruising so much easier. I am often just paying straight ore cost to summon a rocket jet or rocket sled or rocket car. Running is for plebs, Link rides.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Um, I'm pretty sure you can use normal apples for that one, unless I'm wrong.

Haha honestly I never tried anything else because my first thought was, a ha, that's what you need these for. Lol guess not.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

....wait, that poo poo can build stuff without the mats by paying????

If true then we both learned from each other lol.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is it weird that I haven't found a single rupee after like 10 hours? Where the rupees at?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m looking for the Miskos treasure outfit just north of hyrule field near the on the ground starting area. Went in and fought a rock man but I can’t find it anywhere? Can someone point me to where it is?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The rupees are called opal and amber and are hiding inside ore rocks. Also do side quests and go look for caves

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

stev posted:

Is it weird that I haven't found a single rupee after like 10 hours? Where the rupees at?

I was just thinking this too haha

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

....wait, that poo poo can build stuff without the mats by paying????

If true then we both learned from each other lol.

Yeah the hoverbike I made is only like 9 zonaite which is basically free.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

veni veni veni posted:

I’m looking for the Miskos treasure outfit just north of hyrule field near the on the ground starting area. Went in and fought a rock man but I can’t find it anywhere? Can someone point me to where it is?

Check out for cracked rocks and holes, sometimes they can be a bit hidden.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Whats the deal with the skeleton fish cave in hebra?

I attached two bones back together but nothing happened

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
yes/no question for the thread: do you ever get to upgrade your arm magic like you could runes in botw? because i remember stasis+ being a huge upgrade and i want to know if i should be on the lookout for something similar here

if yes, dont tell me how

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

stev posted:

even in botw rupees were exceedingly rare. you get them from quests and selling stuff, mainly ore

don't sell monster parts, they're used for equipment upgrades

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

stev posted:

The sign guy is all over the place, and he'll give you 20 rupees each time you help him, plus a recipe which you can also sell, and a random item. I've made decent money with him

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Check out for cracked rocks and holes, sometimes they can be a bit hidden.

It was behind some rocks, thanks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Best things to sell for money at least early game are cooked meals, do a little hunting and you can make some money

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm at the water temple and would appreciate a hint if someone has one to spare. I'm stuck on what to do about this thing that is spinning super rapidly at the top of a tower. I have tried a bunch of stuff, but I don't even know what the goal is. Get a bubble into the opening? Slow it down? Get in there myself? A semblance of an endpoint would do a lot to help me construct the solution.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
whats up with the shrine area near one of the skyview places the one underground, i think its lindors brow or something, close to hestu. lmao. i went in, saw the shrine, figured id explore first, found the glowy creature thing and then heard a noise and :eyepop: and died 4 times (couldnt figure out how to escape???) and then i got to high ground and just wasted poo poo loads of arrows fused with anything i could get my hands on, and then... thought okay that was tough, wonder wha- :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: one hit nearly kills mes and breaks my shield no sweat so i bolt to the shrine and the shrine is just a loving nothing, just walk in , open a chest, get the orb and no puzzle? or was this "boss" you can easily bypass meant to be the puzzle? marked skull on the map, coming back later i guess lmao

i've heard it can stalk you through the game tho... dunno how true that is, wasnt expecting after taking out the arms. :negative:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
also, where the gently caress is autobuild.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

CJ posted:

150 shrines.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just seeing rain for the first time. Is there still lightning that can electrocute you if you have an electric weapon out like in BotW? I remember that being a pretty nice touch in that game.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

I don't remember horses being so difficult to handle. And I have the royal family horse from the first game maxed out too.

yeah that's been mentioned repeatedly.

One of the loading notes is to approach horses with food in hand to keep them calm.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Best things to sell for money at least early game are cooked meals, do a little hunting and you can make some money

stack together 5 meats, and sell them. It's hard early one until you find some prime meat sources but the combos are worth several hundred each.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
My dear Gilda has been just as gentle as she was in BotW. Love you Gilda <3

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

also, where the gently caress is autobuild.

Check under the Great Plateau and/or followup Joshas quest

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love how dark the dark is. I often head towards something I thought I saw only for it to be a mirage, just trying to make shapes out of different shadows together.

Also what does disguise and bone weapon proficiency mean wrt the evil armour? I'm pretty sure this was in BotW but forgot. Enemies seem to still notice me and bone weapons break fast as ever

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

pentyne posted:

yeah that's been mentioned repeatedly.

One of the loading notes is to approach horses with food in hand to keep them calm.

stack together 5 meats, and sell them. It's hard early one until you find some prime meat sources but the combos are worth several hundred each.

? Sneaking behind them and just hopping on still works

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Khanstant posted:

Check under the Great Plateau and/or followup Joshas quest

she just keeps telling me to come back later... when is later?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

she just keeps telling me to come back later... when is later?

Ah, might need to finish a dungeon first idk I talked to her after doing one bc I didn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I threw some fruit in a bucket and this magic horse came out and highlighted all sorts of points of interest for me and tbh I don't love it. It seems useful but I am not a huge fan of having this big gamey light pillars invading my view in every direction. I wish they just showed up on the scope vision like the pins, or maybe even not at all since I like finding things on my own.