Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Checked it. Looks like the engine is there. What's the problem?

Powershift posted:

I love those things.

The rattles let you know the parts haven't fallen off.

Right? If it gets quiet, you need to make sure something hasn't fallen off.

Scionix posted:

This thing rips

First order of business, wrap that atrocious section of front bumper thats blacked out, turning an ugly car into a perfectly handsome one

You mean the corners below the headlights? Hard agree. That just looks like it's a base model with unpainted fascia (in that spot, anyway.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

dphi posted:

Are you going to try to match the factory paint with wrap? I'd actually like to see how that turns out looking, also not a fan of that design decision.

Yeah, gonna just match the oem gray, should be pretty cheap too, no need to take off the front bumper. I am also gonna remove the Hyundai badges and the lettering on the back. I’m not ashamed of owning a Hyundai or anything, I just like the badgeless look better.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Picking it up on Monday to replace the boy’s troubled Volvo V70.

2003 Z4 2.5i 5-speed , about 112k miles.

The story is the shop owner had this car sitting in a garage bay for a while to use it as a parts car but didn’t take anything off it, so he had his daughter use it as an art project. He just put new brakes on it along with some other stuff, and brought it to Carlisle to sell. It’s getting inspected Monday. Needs a good interior cleaning but we plan on keeping the paint as-is and getting a matching custom plate. Suggestions are welcome.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Picking it up on Monday to replace the boy’s troubled Volvo V70.

2003 Z4 2.5i 5-speed , about 112k miles.

The story is the shop owner had this car sitting in a garage bay for a while to use it as a parts car but didn’t take anything off it, so he had his daughter use it as an art project. He just put new brakes on it along with some other stuff, and brought it to Carlisle to sell. It’s getting inspected Monday. Needs a good interior cleaning but we plan on keeping the paint as-is and getting a matching custom plate. Suggestions are welcome.

congrats on the purchase but
:chloe:
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/09/1085471200/the-letter-z-russia-ukraine

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
That's an unfortunate letter to have used

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ah yes, I am clearly supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine by buying a Z car with Z’s on it.

Why must goons always ruin things?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ah yes, I am clearly supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine by buying a Z car with Z’s on it.

We're not saying you are, but a poo poo ton of people are going to think you are if you drive it around like that.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

We know you aren't, but the people who see you when your driving around might not.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I drove it around a car show with literally thousands of people and got nothing but positive responses, with zero political bent. Y’all are weird.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I drove it around a car show with literally thousands of people and got nothing but positive responses, with zero political bent.

Was the car show in Moscow?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

"oh, painting the zwastika on your car? curious."

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nobody thinks anything about you, but the fact that the "Z" label is currently ruined isn't really in question. In the general public, reception may not be rosy.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

meatpimp posted:

Nobody thinks anything about you, but the fact that the "Z" label is currently ruined isn't really in question. In the general public, reception may not be rosy.

Nissan had better change that new sports car name. It’s got FOUR HUNDRED Z’s

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dude, you're fighting the wrong fight.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

meatpimp posted:

Dude, you're fighting the wrong fight.

loving LOL Nevermind

If the car gets firebombed I’ll know why

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Did you know that the swastika is actually an ancient hindu symbol, therefore...... :goonsay:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kill me now posted:

Did you know that the swastika is actually an ancient hindu symbol, therefore...... :goonsay:

You know this is literally not the point I’m making.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but jeez guys.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 13, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kill me now posted:

dog its literally 1 of 26 letters in the Latin alphabet. it's not some foreign ancient symbol

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

You know this is literally not the point I’m making.

I mean you do you, if you want to be "that guy" go for it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kill me now posted:

I mean you do you, if you want to be "that guy" go for it.

Edit: never mind. Y’all go wild with it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I'm amazed that even registered to you, I'd never have understood it unless you spelled it out. :shrug:

Log the gently caress out of the brainworms politics subforum people, it's poisoning your fragile online brains ffs.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

dog its literally 1 of 26 letters in the Latin alphabet. it's not some foreign ancient symbol

So is "S" but you can bet I wouldn't want to drive around in a car plastered with "SS'" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" all over it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Charles Leclerc posted:

I'm amazed that even registered to you, I'd never have understood it unless you spelled it out. :shrug:

Log the gently caress out of the brainworms politics subforum people, it's poisoning your fragile online brains ffs.

I didn’t register it at all until the guys up there said it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kill me now posted:

So is "S" but you can bet I wouldn't want to drive around in a car plastered with "SS'" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" "SS" all over it.

you're right, chevy SS badged cars are hella fail. i'm more of a Japanese coupe guy. my buddy owned a Monte carlo that was cool tho

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You only need to add 3 more lines to each Z to make it into the strike symbol and then people will just think you're a big Family Fued fan instead of a Putin loving fascist.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

kill me now posted:

If you go to japan and look at a map, google maps, etc the buddhist temples are all labeled with it :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If you don't give a poo poo what a bunch of people say on the internet then don't give a poo poo what a bunch of people say on the internet and instead ride through your car show where nobody cares rather than bitching about people, on the internet.

Your average not-online person is probably going to be a lot more familiar with the Russian Ukraine War though rather than going "Ah, a Z on a BMW, must have to do with the Z Roadster" though, probably. Spray painted Zs mean a thing now, and it isn't BMW.

BlackMK4 posted:

If you go to japan and look at a map, google maps, etc the buddhist temples are all labeled with it :v:

In my new Jimny I had while in Japan :tinfoil:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

you're right, chevy SS badged cars are hella fail. i'm more of a Japanese coupe guy. my buddy owned a Monte carlo that was cool tho

Except there's a long standing use of "SS" for chevys. And Nissan, for that matter. Very few people associate "Z" cars with BMW. Plus, the fact that the Russian "Z"s were spray paint scrawled on things complicates a gray car with "Z"s spray paint scrawled on them.

What I was going to say before all the hubbub, was that it looks like a combination of vinyl, spray paint, and permanent marker. It'd be trivial to get the vinyl off, the spray paint would be pretty easy. The permanent marker should be easy to clean up, too.

Unless you really like the spray painted "Z" scrawl. :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KakerMix posted:

If you don't give a poo poo what a bunch of people say on the internet then don't give a poo poo what a bunch of people say on the internet and instead ride through your car show where nobody cares rather than bitching about people, on the internet.

Your average not-online person is probably going to be a lot more familiar with the Russian Ukraine War though rather than going "Ah, a Z on a BMW, must have to do with the Z Roadster" though, probably. Spray painted Zs mean a thing now, and it isn't BMW.

In my new Jimny I had while in Japan :tinfoil:

Oh, man, Kusatsu is beautiful. Now I'll have to browse through your thread for more pics :)

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Charles Leclerc posted:

It's got nothing to with being online, it's being used in a warzone by the bad guys and it's being used by them in their propaganda.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Why is AI so weird for the Ukraine war? Like, turbo weird. Keep that poo poo in D&D/GBS

Like dudes are rationalizing nazism on the racism thread.

Why?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

i'm more of a Japanese coupe guy

:hmmyes:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I mean, I kinda dig the ratty vibe it gives an otherwise clean car. I'd drive it, but I'd also be prepared to explain "no no no, it's not that!"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kill me now posted:

Gee, Chevy better crush all those <model man> SS cars they made I’ver the years. Jesus loving Christ, let it go. No one but you terminally online fucks even know what it means in Russia and the Ukraine but pretty much nowhere else.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
lol some of you fuckers need to touch some goddamn grass.

Despite living in Ukraine I thought it was pretty cool because it's a tagged BMW Z4 and didn't draw a line with the abhorrent actions of Ukraine's sister.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Has everyone forgotten that this is a Z4 we're looking at? A Z 4.

Z

It is commonly referred to as a Z car. Because that's what small BMW roadsters are. Z cars.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Z cars are made by Nissan :colbert:

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Oh, and here's my car since I'm here now. Apparently I can't attach a file in and edit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I keep driving by this abandoned gas station and I really want it, can't find who owns it though :(