Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I've played my fair share of (pseudo-)idle games where you're forced to work on unreasonable timescales for a lot of things but the collaborative community aspect of this game I think sets it apart from a lot of games of its ilk. It makes the waiting for the games' relatively few true bottlenecks when you can commiserate with others about them while also working together to advance quicker towards other smaller goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I am now experiencing Corn Jail

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know if there is another quest after this?

yes

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

You have 800 grape pies? Wtf, you been cooking them exclusively?

I GM’d them and I only have 200-300 lol.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The hops rune is the last rune I need, are there and sick strats to level farming fast beyond constantly growing hops so I can unlock more hops quests to get that rune? I'm swimming in hops over here.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Nuebot posted:

The hops rune is the last rune I need, are there and sick strats to level farming fast beyond constantly growing hops so I can unlock more hops quests to get that rune? I'm swimming in hops over here.

Best hop to it!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

H110Hawk posted:

Best hop to it!

I'm hopping as fast as I can!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh ffs. I’m not even sure I have enough time to get that many lol

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Beatrix, George, and Vincent all Like hops if you're reaching your inventory max.

But also no, there's no other way to get that one within a reasonable amount of time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jhet posted:

Beatrix, George, and Vincent all Like hops if you're reaching your inventory max.

But also no, there's no other way to get that one within a reasonable amount of time.

Turns out the secret was just buying a farm upgrade which got me like four levels of farming which got me more hops quests which let me dump more hops onto hops george. I got the rune, which means now I can fish in the new fishing hole! I can't wait for a quest to ask me to give them my fancy spheres.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh ffs. I’m not even sure I have enough time to get that many lol

You can make around 100-150 a week depending on how on top of it you are, and assuming you stir. I don't have the 2 speed perks but I might get them. GM'ing is going fast enough just semi-idly doing it with 8 ovens. Otherwise, time to make fruit punch instead of stamina stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

You can make around 100-150 a week depending on how on top of it you are, and assuming you stir. I don't have the 2 speed perks but I might get them. GM'ing is going fast enough just semi-idly doing it with 8 ovens. Otherwise, time to make fruit punch instead of stamina stuff.

That’s good to know. I’m really lazy with cooking though lol. I’ll definitely knock out the first part though.

Maybe I’ll get to 70 cooking.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

That’s good to know. I’m really lazy with cooking though lol. I’ll definitely knock out the first part though.

Maybe I’ll get to 70 cooking.

Basically being super on top of it gets you 3 batches a day. If you're doing it to grind mastery then you don't do an overnight one, if you just need quantity then 4 a day is easy peasy, especially if you hit the first stir before bed.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah I suppose you can always fruit juice, I forget about that.

These Corn of Interest lines really are a grind. Of all things, the Copper Wire (for the Spools of Copper >>> Potato Batteries) is the worst by far.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I've been making them for a while for excuse me farmer crests so I have a cache but even that is running low. Honestly the worst part is grinding potatoes. They're just short enough to be obnoxious.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

I've been making them for a while for excuse me farmer crests so I have a cache but even that is running low. Honestly the worst part is grinding potatoes. They're just short enough to be obnoxious.

Yeah same, but I’m on CoI 11 now and my cache is depleted fully now.

Potatoes aren’t that bad. I’ve grown most of mine but you can also throw nets in Forest Pond and open the grab bags at a rate of like 100 LN to like 1k potatoes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Beasteh posted:

I am now experiencing Corn Jail

Corn jail never ends.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of things that never end: I spent all my bait getting the fish for this island quest. I think my fishing is like, ten levels higher than everything else now.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Fishing is far easier to level than anything else. Once you get raptors going you'll jet right up to 99.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Xerol posted:

Fishing is far easier to level than anything else. Once you get raptors going you'll jet right up to 99.

Assuming I don't die of old age waiting for this broccoli to grow first :argh:

Meanwhile I've been using this downtime, because every quest I have seems to want nothing but corn, broccoli or cotton at the moment, to try and figure out fast ways to earn silver with my available resources. Right now it seems like fishing in the lava pool, or exploring the lava place and selling lava fish/magicite is really profitable and easy to do.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nuebot posted:

Assuming I don't die of old age waiting for this broccoli to grow first :argh:

Meanwhile I've been using this downtime, because every quest I have seems to want nothing but corn, broccoli or cotton at the moment, to try and figure out fast ways to earn silver with my available resources. Right now it seems like fishing in the lava pool, or exploring the lava place and selling lava fish/magicite is really profitable and easy to do.

For the most part I’d recommend only growing Broccoli, Cotton, Wheat, Beets, and Rice with Grape Juice. It takes far too long otherwise.

There are some farm upgrades you can buy that increase your GJ uses per day, and those are worth it IMO, especially once you get pets and vineyard up and running.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Honestly with the way skills go up these days you might as well just GJ whatever you happen to need right now that takes more than a couple hours; 10B crop row when you get there will get you to 99 farming instantly and if the crops are blocking fishing zones then you should absolutely GJ whatever it takes to unlock those sooner, since fishing is 100% going to be what gets you the silver to buy the crop rows.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I thought they would be, but I also thought i'd level a lot slower and need those upgrades way later than I have so now I'm kind of stuck without the gold to afford them for now, whoops! Those are absolutely going to be my next upgrades though, however slow it takes to get them. I'll probably be throwing up a broccoli every night before I go to bed for a while yet, it'll be like halfway done by the time I get back online.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Okay now that I have my perks set up like not an insane person things are going a lot smoother

I'm halfway through this bottle of hops chain and then I just need the eggplant rune to be able to fish in Lake Minerva

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lol I missed this. Welp. More breakfast boosts it is.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I’ve had to take a break from trying to level up cooking by constantly making pies to do BBS for this.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
Is there any way to get Lima Beans besides just exploring? Nothin on buddy’s almanac I can see, but I’m at 1/5 for this quest and it seems like there’s nothing else of real value at this stage exploring there.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

littleratbastard posted:

Is there any way to get Lima Beans besides just exploring? Nothin on buddy’s almanac I can see, but I’m at 1/5 for this quest and it seems like there’s nothing else of real value at this stage exploring there.

https://buddy.farm/i/lima-bean/

Nope, you gotta grind it. Cane Pole does suck, but you can still take advantage of drops to grind GMs.

- Unpolished Shimmer -> Shimmer -> Glass Orb -> Glass Bottle
- Wood -> all the wood products (including boards and planks)
- Mushroom -> Mushroom Paste -> all the paste products
- Tea Leaves -> Iced Tea for Arnold Palmers
- Pocket Watches for higher level crafting or to EC for Rubber Duckies

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Huge flurry of progress tonight, unlocked lake Minerva and started getting a good 6 mill per 5 large nets :staredog:

Level 4 owl for honey, starting to build toward the 100 mill stuff

My need for nets is vast

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018

Ruggan posted:

https://buddy.farm/i/lima-bean/

Nope, you gotta grind it. Cane Pole does suck, but you can still take advantage of drops to grind GMs.

- Unpolished Shimmer -> Shimmer -> Glass Orb -> Glass Bottle
- Wood -> all the wood products (including boards and planks)
- Mushroom -> Mushroom Paste -> all the paste products
- Tea Leaves -> Iced Tea for Arnold Palmers
- Pocket Watches for higher level crafting or to EC for Rubber Duckies

Haha, whelp, wish me luck then! I forgot about pocket watches for ducks actually, that’s way helpful to collect!

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Have they reworked the rewards for the old mega quests that were capped at 2billon silver reward?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Beasteh posted:

Huge flurry of progress tonight, unlocked lake Minerva and started getting a good 6 mill per 5 large nets :staredog:

Level 4 owl for honey, starting to build toward the 100 mill stuff

My need for nets is vast

Sent over some sea pinchers and a shrimp a plenty. Save up a full inventory of large nets and pop one of each. Sometimes I'll do it when I'm at full nets+large nets + rope/antlers with it all in craftworks. Right now with the silver bonus from the event and a sea pincher I'm getting 750m per 50 large nets. :staredog: (Once you're into the current top level fishing zone.) If you aren't at 99 fishing (and you soon will be...) try to use the +xp meal if you have them, but I would focus on silver and fish per net.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Sent over some sea pinchers and a shrimp a plenty. Save up a full inventory of large nets and pop one of each. Sometimes I'll do it when I'm at full nets+large nets + rope/antlers with it all in craftworks. Right now with the silver bonus from the event and a sea pincher I'm getting 750m per 50 large nets. :staredog: (Once you're into the current top level fishing zone.) If you aren't at 99 fishing (and you soon will be...) try to use the +xp meal if you have them, but I would focus on silver and fish per net.

Yeah. I have all the masteries and GMs and bonuses active. I cap out at getting about 15m per net in the last fishing zone. That's 1.5bn per 100 LN.

Idk though, honestly it isn't that much. I'm selling most of my nets for gold these days (2500LN per 100g) and building up that stock. I have the 1TN crop row and storehouse, and the 10TN ones feel absurdly out of reach. That's 700k LN if my math is right, or 28k gold equivalent. No thanks, lol.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I am moved by the kindness of goons

Having an idle incremental game with an actual community is cool

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have just realized how long this Parts Unknown quest chain is :shepface:

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Is there a way that eventually unlocks to get shark teeth? Holger wants 50 of them.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

GreenMetalSun posted:

Is there a way that eventually unlocks to get shark teeth? Holger wants 50 of them.

Exchange Center

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

My kingdom for a bigass bunch of nets

e: Koshmar you are a true G

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 15, 2023

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Farming cukes to try to get a runestone is pretty annoying. Is there anything that makes the RNG like me better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Slimy Hog posted:

Farming cukes to try to get a runestone is pretty annoying. Is there anything that makes the RNG like me better

The breakfast boosts I just sent you