Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/Ignacio95467035/status/1657331268118274057?t=ogjg0DekpKCQ24c8GqWbwA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also the gear is actually good. Like the F35 got memed to hell and back during procurement but people still act like it’s a shitbox and not one of if not the best planes flying atm. A fleet of armatas getting delivered? I doubt they change much.

i missed the f35 demo but did arrive in time to see the entire f22 demo at the langely/eustis airshow last week. it was loving amazing and i have never seen anything, except perhaps a bird, purposefully move through the air like that. it looked very alien and sick as hell

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Welp, Russian strategic aviation frequency just activated and two TU-95 Bears took off from Murmansk. Ukraine's in for some cruise missiles it seems. They don't usually send the Bears from Murmansk, I guess they got spooked at airfields like Engels getting droned and the blackjacks there getting toasted

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

Welp, Russian strategic aviation frequency just activated and two TU-95 Bears took off from Murmansk. Ukraine's in for some cruise missiles it seems. They don't usually send the Bears from Murmansk, I guess they got spooked at airfields like Engels getting droned and the blackjacks there getting toasted

Oh no, monke mad again

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

His name? Ivan Rambo.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1657428866078584834

i know this guy runs his mouth a lot, but the stuff he says in this video seems extreme even for him...?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Slow News Day posted:

i know this guy runs his mouth a lot, but the stuff he says in this video seems extreme even for him...?

Welcome to the #resistance

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Slow News Day posted:

well, assuming it is him. like a lot of the posts itt, citation needed :v:

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://twitter.com/Hajun_BY/status/1657433538143170562

Lukashenka has the chance to pull the funniest prank in his life right now

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
One the one hand lol, lmao

On the other, fuuuuuck i really hope it doesn't turn out this drags Belarus fully into the war..

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Oo noo

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

You don't have to go far to find some good rear end cope :grin:

Tuna-Fish posted:

It is still unknown whether this is blue-on-blue (red-on-red?) or Ukrainian strikes.

I think it's intentional, the obfuscation fills the ether with blame and speculation and russians are busy figuring things out

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Gejnor posted:

On the other, fuuuuuck i really hope it doesn't turn out this drags Belarus fully into the war.. russia

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Gejnor posted:

On the other, fuuuuuck i really hope it doesn't turn out this drags Belarus fully into the war..

He dies, putin announces he will ''temporarily'' run the country while a successor is sorted out

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

He dies, putin announces he will ''temporarily'' run the country while a successor is sorted out

The successor?

Medvedv.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tank enjoyers will be like "actually Lukashenko is good because he keeps the country from being a shitshow and people suffering" as we once again openly stan a fascist

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Slow News Day posted:

Betrayed and enraged, Priggy boom boom marches to the capital and throws Pooty poot poot and his chamber pot right out the drat window and claims his place as the new despot of the Russian Federation. Improvement?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hahahah prigohzin calling for rebellion

Lukashenko actively about to die.
Let's hope that Belarusian partisans sync their effort with the fascists In Russia sieging Putin. That would be spectacular and (a gigoloian prediction)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Tai posted:

Watch that start a war in Belarus, opening yet another front for the Russians to deal with.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

Bears arrived

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

armpit_enjoyer posted:

https://twitter.com/Hajun_BY/status/1657433538143170562

Lukashenka has the chance to pull the funniest prank in his life right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZUN1-VXEE

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:hmbol:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

we live in strange times

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i missed the f35 demo but did arrive in time to see the entire f22 demo at the langely/eustis airshow last week. it was loving amazing and i have never seen anything, except perhaps a bird, purposefully move through the air like that. it looked very alien and sick as hell

The F-22's got the latest engine tech and power. It allows a supercruise speed that is essentially previous generations using their afterburners.

An F-22 pilot was talking about this scene and how it has some obvious hollywood aspects to it. But he says the reaction is completely accurate. He's been on both sides in a previous generation and flying the F-22 in battle drills where a 5th gen fighter will do something that seems completely impossible and you get shocked into complacency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMb3v5P1t-s

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Shoulda brought his own cliff bars to victory day but you know, :decorum:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think we do need to acknowledge that Russian air defense is putting in good work today for the speedy resolution of the war.

Some people say you don't gotta hand it to ISIS but in this case we need to abandon our pride and give credit where it's due.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Kyiv military administration reports that air defense worked in Kyiv.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I hope Belarus fully enters the war on the side of Ukraine.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Luka dying would be an interesting storyline let's see what the writers come up with!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I don't understand this world anymore

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A conflict-laden couped/occupied belarussian military doesn’t exactly seem like they’d really pose a threat to Ukraine requiring much more than what’s already on the border tbqh, more likely they need russian help

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I don't understand this world anymore

There's a video in the tweet specifically to explain it

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

mobby_6kl posted:

There's a video in the tweet specifically to explain it

it really is pretty wild to see though, and weird to think that more and more stuff will probably start looking that way. looking forward to battle damage assessments like "as you can see the enemy fortification which began the day as hypers has been reduced to peepoSad" with a bullshit running game playing underneath the presentation

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
wars get started by old men but young men are the ones to fight them. thats just how young men are nowadays

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The F-22's got the latest engine tech and power. It allows a supercruise speed that is essentially previous generations using their afterburners.

An F-22 pilot was talking about this scene and how it has some obvious hollywood aspects to it. But he says the reaction is completely accurate. He's been on both sides in a previous generation and flying the F-22 in battle drills where a 5th gen fighter will do something that seems completely impossible and you get shocked into complacency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMb3v5P1t-s

Really good and detailed breakdown of the development of the f35 if anyone is interested
https://youtu.be/YQgNwrtVoZ4

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Big Early 2000s Toonami Vibes

Explains why I feel like I am increasingly living in the timeline before Mobile suits and colony drops.

What even is the Russian plan for if Bakhmut falls? Make another meat grinder and rubble pile out another minor city in a year?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Gejnor posted:

If anything wouldn't Luka suddenly dying seem suss as hell to Belarus, a country that already had not shown the stomach or want for war vehemently already?

You might get a full blown rebellion there, one which Russia is not remotely equipped to handle.

If anything Russia's entire sphere of influence is rapidly disintegrating as everyone realizes how old and worn out the Bear is, and all he can really do is growl at you.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Big Early 2000s Toonami Vibes

Explains why I feel like I am increasingly living in the timeline before Mobile suits and colony drops.

What even is the Russian plan for if Bakhmut falls? Make another meat grinder and rubble pile out another minor city in a year?

I am currently watching early 2000s (summer 2000 specifically, it's Perfect Cell time) Toonami broadcasts and you are extremely correct (i have hundreds of hours of retro tv ripped to my plex server, commercials and all. Audio/visual time capsules basically.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Crybar posted:

Today has become a black date for Russian aviation - two helicopters and two aircraft were lost in the Bryansk region . And the Armed Forces of Ukraine today, for the second day in a row , strike at Lugansk with Anglo-French Storm Shadow missiles.

In Bakhmut, the assault detachments of the Wagner PMC advanced 550 meters . In Khmelnytsky, a base for storing aviation ammunition was destroyed.

At the time of writing the chronicle for May 13, 2023, the RF Armed Forces began a massive fire strike on targets in western Ukraine. So far, we have been able to identify only one hit target in Ternopil

mr girkin, a fourth aircraft has been shot down by friendly fire

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 13, 2023