Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

If the Inquisition is the "Nail" half of Nagel und Hammer, maybe Meursaults focus will be the uhhhh, Hammer, part.

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

Guido refers to himself as a hammer of the one who grips, and Sinclair says, when talking about the past, that people calling themselves hammers started to appear in town. I think it's fair to say that the inquisition is the Hammer part.
Guido's dying words are also about the Hammer continuing to pursue us, and all the mooks names are x-hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

You know what, very fair point and I was being quite stupid about it. Meursaults focus will be the Nail part then.

Which if the Hammer are the away team, the Nail are the home office team?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

You know what, very fair point and I was being quite stupid about it. Meursaults focus will be the Nail part then.

Which if the Hammer are the away team, the Nail are the home office team?

That must suck for a fanatic, watching the faithful go out on another glorious crusade as you file form 34-B for genocide

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

That must suck for a fanatic, watching the faithful go out on another glorious crusade as you file form 34-B for genocide

Or you are just happy that you don't go in YET another crusade because the One Who Grip said so. If N Don backstory is anything to go by, then even the Inquisitor themselve are starting to get worried about the amount of crusade they had to do recently.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/honglusweep/status/1657412931708145666

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Still Waifu material. Even more so with his magnificient bear

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Still Waifu material. Even more so with his magnificient bear

I'm kinda assuming you mean beard but this is a Project Moon game so i can't actually be sure

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You are all wrong, Meursaults enemy is clearly going to be the sun.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Infinity Gaia posted:

You are all wrong, Meursaults enemy is clearly going to be the sun.

Ms. Sun :v:

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'm kinda assuming you mean beard but this is a Project Moon game so i can't actually be sure

Yeah, you know, his bear-brand beard.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Dante's Notes update: Info on Lob Corp we already knew from previous games, Dante formed a 'contract' with the Sinners at some point (pre-amnesia? remotely?), a bit on how K Corp might be using it to make food from the Hell's Chicken event/Samjo, and broad definitions on the Backstreets and Syndicates.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
lmao

was having another solid chicken run (one of my last!) until sinclair decided he needed to corrode on the fight before the boss and stay that way

i don't think that one was winnable after that

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Junpei posted:

Dante's Notes update: Info on Lob Corp we already knew from previous games, Dante formed a 'contract' with the Sinners at some point (pre-amnesia? remotely?), a bit on how K Corp might be using it to make food from the Hell's Chicken event/Samjo, and broad definitions on the Backstreets and Syndicates.

Find it interesting they specified Syndicates aren't inherently criminal groups. I wonder if that might become relevant at some point.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

lmao

was having another solid chicken run (one of my last!) until sinclair decided he needed to corrode on the fight before the boss and stay that way

i don't think that one was winnable after that

Coulda' tried solo-Sinclair for the final boss and just seeing if he can murder everyone in a berserk soup-laden fury.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
the Dimension Shredder quotes are interesting because they contrast each other. Yi Sang's makes it out like he's trapped in a maze that changes behind his back, which would make it something about the fear of being lost, but Hong Lu's makes it out like he's going on a wonderous adventure, enjoys being lost, and in fact, doesn't wanna be found (because of his horrible home life/family?)

It's interesting to compare how Sinners with the same EGO represent different things/do different things with it.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Boksi posted:

Ms. Sun :v:

drat, is Meursault going to fist fight Distorted Carmen?

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Junpei posted:

the Dimension Shredder quotes are interesting because they contrast each other. Yi Sang's makes it out like he's trapped in a maze that changes behind his back, which would make it something about the fear of being lost, but Hong Lu's makes it out like he's going on a wonderous adventure, enjoys being lost, and in fact, doesn't wanna be found (because of his horrible home life/family?)

It's interesting to compare how Sinners with the same EGO represent different things/do different things with it.

It might just be Hong Lu's general tone, but to me he sounded almost a little annoyed at the prospect of visiting another world. Notably, he's not smiling in this E.G.O. art either, like his base E.G.O., and both make mention of travelling to other worlds.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Or you are just happy that you don't go in YET another crusade because the One Who Grip said so. If N Don backstory is anything to go by, then even the Inquisitor themselve are starting to get worried about the amount of crusade they had to do recently.

They can be worried about the number of crusades but I don't think they'd ever question the One Who Grips, their entire cult doctrine revolves around the idea that they are tools to be used by her. Though their brainwashing level also seems to vary a bit so who knows.

Junpei posted:

The "contract" was the whole Prologue chain thing, and as Dante says they didn't really have a choice to opt out of that.

I'm interested in what conditions need to be met to form a contract with them, any City business worth their war crimes would just hook them up to an entire army if it could work on anyone.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Dante's Notes Update: Apparently, the Sinners are also being asked to keep mum on certain topics (specifically what N Corp's main business is), at least from Dante's POV. Anyway, Sinners resonate with the Golden Boughs, we already knew that. Identities were, in part, developed by Yi Sang, but they also come from Mephistopheles's engine.

That's actually intriguing. It implies that the "mirror" mentioned in Leviathan (and that Kromer apparently looked into to see One Who Shall Grip Sinclair) is being combined with Faust's technology to create the IDs.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
What's the easiest story level for getting in 10 enemy kills a day/100 a week for the least enk? I'm just sorta choosing randomly but I'm sure someone's figured out the optimal one.

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

This is not the hero of time you're looking for.
I just manually do the tier 3 EXP Lux each day, it's got 10 enemies in it

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
My daily routine for LC is the free Mirror Dungeon run, 1 EXP Lux, and 3 Thread Lux. That takes care of all my missions for the day and week.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1658052090286198786?s=19

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1658052012347625473/

And there's the previews.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
And of course Hong Lu gets functionally on-demand Fragile. AND Nemo's Passive!

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
We also got the more general patch notes: The new EGO will be getting a target banner, and the character banner is Faust. There's some bug fixes for annoying problems in a few specific Abnormality fights, and some better clarity on how Dante's Notes will be unlocked in the future: It's going to require clearing the 3.5 side story with Eubong's (which makes sense, since yesterday's release mentions it, and it is going to be permanent content even after the event ends), although I don't think there's going to be any partial unlocks as you progress up to that point.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Wait, is "Targets unit with the most HP" based on percentage or the raw number? If it's the number then this is like, possibly the safest corrosion in the game, it'll only start missing bosses when they're basically dead.

Also I do like seeing some rupture support, depending on how much dimensional rift you get off these rupture might actually be a thing now.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Arzaac posted:

Wait, is "Targets unit with the most HP" based on percentage or the raw number? If it's the number then this is like, possibly the safest corrosion in the game, it'll only start missing bosses when they're basically dead.

Also I do like seeing some rupture support, depending on how much dimensional rift you get off these rupture might actually be a thing now.

Raw number, based on how Sinclair's Lifetime Stew operates (it uses 'least HP').

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

And of course Hong Lu gets functionally on-demand Fragile. AND Nemo's Passive!

This EGO release fits both their niches, Yi Sang gets to be underwhelming and Hong Lu gets immortality

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Quackles posted:

Raw number, based on how Sinclair's Lifetime Stew operates (it uses 'least HP').

Don's Stew does 'most HP' already too. And yeah it means you can basically use the unstable overclock "for free" since the corrosion targeting will always hit what you want. Although in Don's case the stew ego isn't really impressive enough to be worth going into debt for.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

My daily routine for LC is the free Mirror Dungeon run, 1 EXP Lux, and 3 Thread Lux. That takes care of all my missions for the day and week.

Mine is Mirrors until the weekly bonus runs out, 1 exp and 1-3 thread(usually 2) depending on how tedious the abno is. Really you only need 1 mirror run a week for the mirror and 100 kills weeklies

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Mine is Mirrors until the weekly bonus runs out, 1 exp and 1-3 thread(usually 2) depending on how tedious the abno is. Really you only need 1 mirror run a week for the mirror and 100 kills weeklies

I am in the same universe with you and seemingly everyone else. I do three mirror dungeons a week, each a separate day for the free entry. I also do one exp manually, one thread if I feel like it, and two expedited threads.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I do three mirror dungeons a week, then every day, I sweep thread stages until I have fewer than 20 modules (I'm using that as a cache), and I manually play one EXP stage.

If I regenerate enough modules later in the day, I might sweep thread stages until the bonus is gone.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, today's notes confirm the homescreen stuff is canon but apparently on Dante's mind? Also there's risk of bleedthrough so congrats on the slow radicalozation of Faust and Sinclair just dor the damage.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh, today's notes confirm the homescreen stuff is canon but apparently on Dante's mind? Also there's risk of bleedthrough so congrats on the slow radicalozation of Faust and Sinclair just dor the damage.

It does specify prolonged use, they're only ID'd up for a few minutes at a time

Of course, whichever poor test subject "discovered" this side effect is probably not in the greatest condition but hey not your team's problem. I mean until some mirror monster who is every possibility simultaniously attacks you in the railway.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've kind of been operating under the assumptions that a Nest is centered in the direct middle of the district it's in (they're all vaguely circular/round) and the Backstreets form a 'ring' around the Nest. Is that what you think they look like, too? Just idly curious.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I've kind of been operating under the assumptions that a Nest is centered in the direct middle of the district it's in (they're all vaguely circular/round) and the Backstreets form a 'ring' around the Nest. Is that what you think they look like, too? Just idly curious.
That's what I'd assume too, with the Backstreets filling the gaps between the Nests...but I also distinctly remember a flashback in Wonderlab where the Nest that Rose grew up in was far above the Backstreets? But I can't remember where it was in the comic and it's a bit much to just dig through a 50 chapter long comic for a single image...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

with the population of the setting relative to the amount of space they have there's probably some amount of verticality just by necessity.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

GilliamYaeger posted:

That's what I'd assume too, with the Backstreets filling the gaps between the Nests...but I also distinctly remember a flashback in Wonderlab where the Nest that Rose grew up in was far above the Backstreets? But I can't remember where it was in the comic and it's a bit much to just dig through a 50 chapter long comic for a single image...

Endorph posted:

with the population of the setting relative to the amount of space they have there's probably some amount of verticality just by necessity.

Looking forward to visiting P Corp's Nest and discovering it's an extended Midgard reference. A big old ^&*(&$* rotten pizza.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yinlock posted:

I mean until some mirror monster who is every possibility simultaniously attacks you in the railway.

I took a Warp 10 train and now I’m a salamander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
by the way, what counts as a "Mechanical Amalgam" for the purposes of OWSG Sinclair's T3 skill