Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

liberals: buh buh buh what about my peace dividend, why didn't i get my peace dividend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TradNorm/status/1657011899152625664?s=20

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Australia made Hollow Knight

Well, they are the acknowledged experts on deadly, terrifying bugs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/randomyoko/status/1656703234348843008?t=kjOIRacqb2xBXE7zsYXxWw&s=19

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

:whitewater:

https://twitter.com/randomyoko/status/1656911780336242688?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
that person seems like a literal [literal] Japanese fascist

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

her twitter bio says japanese patriot so yes

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i used to know a japanese fascist. well, they dabbled for funsies and they liked trump. said lots of people had rising sun flags they didn't necessarily display but just kinda kept around

jmsdf is like the 4th largest navy now isnt it? got pretty dang big.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That's America.

China - 777
Russia - 603
North Korea - 492
United States - 490

But yeah by tonnage it's Japan.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
:d2a:
https://twitter.com/REVMAXXING/status/1655535723024457729

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

"it's a gimmick account"

ok i don't care

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Weka posted:

That's America.

China - 777
Russia - 603
North Korea - 492
United States - 490

But yeah by tonnage it's Japan.

Now there's a hot take. Counting number of vessels is a ridiculous way of measuring naval power, because China and North Korea count a speedboat with a machine gun as a warship. The US doesn't.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
that's the joke!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

A speedboat with a machine gun is probably more seaworthy than one of the US's new Littoral Combat Ships.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also probably has more working weapons systems at any give time...

those things are so hosed

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Every enlisted fighting man and woman wearing floaties and currently partially submerged in water is a warship under admiralty law.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

Now there's a hot take. Counting number of vessels is a ridiculous way of measuring naval power, because China and North Korea count a speedboat with a machine gun as a warship. The US doesn't.

quote:

In last night’s final presidential debate, Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney charged that the Navy is at its smallest size since 1917. In response, President Obama said,“We also have fewer horses and bayonets” – a zinger that caught on quickly. Below, we round up fact-checks and coverage on the size-of-the-Navy issue.

David Nakamura and Dan Balz reported on the original moment in the debate:

At one point, Romney argued that he would not support budget cuts to the military, pointing out that the U.S. Navy had reduced its fleet of warships to the lowest number since the early 1900s.

“Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets,” the president countered, “because the nature of our military’s changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines.”

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
smug bastard

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Obama is an idiot, a modern army has more need of pack animals than ever before, whether they're horses, donkeys or mules. The amount that has to be carried by the average infantryman of a modern army is obscene.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

37th Sancho Corps

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Endman posted:

Obama is an idiot, a modern army has more need of pack animals than ever before, whether they're horses, donkeys or mules. The amount that has to be carried by the average infantryman of a modern army is obscene.

and yet they do carry it. so who's the idiot there

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Endman posted:

Who is the bigger idiot? Obama for thinking the US military doesn’t have pack animals, or the US infantry not recognizing who the pack animals are?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

and yet they do carry it. so who's the idiot there

Jokes on them I still have cartilage in my knees

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

you got to get behind the mule in the morning and plough

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Listen, I'm serious and don't care, what if I don't care and Set myself up.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

a strange fowl posted:

you got to get behind the mule in the morning and plough

:hai:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Chamale posted:

Au contraire, it is you with the hot take. I'm not sure China publishes that sort of information but either way the numbers that you are looking at are from the government of the USA. You can find them in DIA reports etc.
Here's a list of the Chinese surface fleet and it doesn't include speedboats.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Navy_Surface_Force#Auxiliaries

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/iiMoki/status/1657807152155639808

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

its true men are biologically better at video games, sorry its just basic darwinism ladies :shrug:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Flesh Forge posted:

its true men are biologically better at video games, sorry its just basic darwinism ladies :shrug:

Look, there is one hundred million years of evolution forcing men to learn to 360 noscope, while women evolved to match gemstones or candy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Look, there is one hundred million years of evolution forcing men to learn to 360 noscope, while women evolved to match gemstones or candy

Lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ikanreed posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ikanreed posted:

lmao

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

Lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:iiam:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1658470065006870528

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

it was jezza what done it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

I once forced my gf to play Mortal Kombat 2 with me and I totally whipped her rear end even though she was using Sub Zero so from my data this is a biological fact.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

Really don't like that you can't complain about what's obviously a real problem - globalists - without being accused of antisemitism. The same with criticizing Soros, he's a very legitimate target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1658977448103387136?s=20