Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
just in time for unemployment benefits to be cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

And medicaid expansion to be clawed back 👍

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

In Training posted:

is exhibit 5 inflation adjusted. If not, all of those cohorts have been getting drained
not sure, I don't think they are adjusted (i.e. fy2020 USD). since that's a change, it shouldn't be inflation-adjusted-dollar but raw dollar growth/contraction

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

slave to my cravings posted:

and just in time for joe biden to cut social security in a grand bargain to raise the debt ceiling :twisted:

seriously the SNAP cuts dems did was absolutely insanely evil + stupid

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Xaris posted:

and just in time for joe biden to cut social security in a grand bargain to raise the debt ceiling :twisted:

seriously the SNAP cuts dems did was absolutely insanely evil + stupid

the cruelty of ending SNAP covid boosts (at all but especially) the loving week before bailing out SVB is just... it's really really fuckin sad

it's surreal to see this poo poo happening "in real time" even though it's been in process for like 30+ years

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Normally you don't have to adjust for inflation for a graph that only covers 5 years.

Normally.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
:fry:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Hirsute posted:

Uh no it's the Mandela effect, so named because a lot of people think Nelson Mandela died in prison for some reason and are surprised when they learn they were wrong the whole time

that’s the Shazam Effect

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

have the Dems even pretended to do anything after the midterms. All the coverage I've absorbed from non-bourgeois sources is just crowing about the debt ceiling.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I like meanstv too even though it has terminal cringe.

That's a good way to describe it. Only thing I ever watched there was the forgotten worlds series or whatever it's called

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

In Training posted:

have the Dems even pretended to do anything after the midterms. All the coverage I've absorbed from non-bourgeois sources is just crowing about the debt ceiling.

lets see:
- they cut SNAP benefits
- they busted train unions (cant remember if this was before or after)
- they sold a bunch of wildlife land to oil companies
- they ramped up MIC spending and throwing a bunch of weapons into the wind
- they bailed out SVB and FRB
- they ended covid

idk probably some other really good things. they've mostly gone full hoo-rah neocon jingoists qq-ing about china and russia, which is obviously very important to the american people. this lets them pretend they're doing something while material conditions continue to rapidly deteriorate and crumble into ruins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

lets see:
- they cut SNAP benefits
- they busted train unions (cant remember if this was before or after)
- they sold a bunch of wildlife land to oil companies
- they ramped up MIC spending and throwing a bunch of weapons into the wind
- they bailed out SVB and FRB
- they ended covid

idk probably some other really good things. they've mostly gone full hoo-rah neocon jingoists qq-ing about china and russia, which is obviously very important to the american people. this lets them pretend they're doing something while material conditions continue to rapidly deteriorate and crumble into ruins

the strike breaking was like December 6 or 8. So right after results and before new terms. I'm still incensed aboht it and will be for as long as I draw breath

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
They cut childhood poverty in half

And then put it back in

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it was load-bearing so they had to brace it with another child poverty in parallel when they cut it in half

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

They cut childhood poverty in half

And then put it back in

Nah - they replaced it with child labor like the good 'ol Gilded Age days, OP.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

cut child poverty in half?

no, cut children in half! through workplace accidents

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Xaris posted:

he won't cut it; he'll (sadly & regretfully) agree to a bipartisan commission for proposing cuts that congress will have to vote on without amendment or debate.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/diorsvision/status/1657501693641097217?t=XqnQkRCSZYg59w0k2cpKVQ&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Coming soon: AMC Battlepass

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

most interesting thing about this is the single like and 0 replies to what is presumably an official NYT account tweet what an absolutely dead platform lmao

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The wonderful movie experience (price discrimination down to the individual seat )

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

skooma512 posted:

The wonderful movie experience (price discrimination down to the individual seat )

It's great that they are providing AMC moviegoers with multiple options to meet their viewing preferences, and offering experienced-based pricing and another way for moviegoers to find value at the movies.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I loving love maximizing sightlines

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we had a system that avoided this called "first come, first serve". but noooo, you all just LOVED reserving the seats you wanted online!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Movie theaters can not die quick enough.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Coming soon: AMC Battlepass

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

You get a discount if you show a positive Covid test :troll:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cool av posted:

most interesting thing about this is the single like and 0 replies to what is presumably an official NYT account tweet what an absolutely dead platform lmao

they should make more posts about how china is bad because they executed another billionaire then

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

isnt the front row the one that all the diehard film fans love sitting in? has every movie theater preroll been lying to me this entire time

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
nickel diming seats is how we solve the tiny problem of people getting sick of superhero movies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Malleum posted:

isnt the front row the one that all the diehard film fans love sitting in? has every movie theater preroll been lying to me this entire time

no, frontrow is always garbage and always the last to fill. its the "oh poo poo i cant find a seat because i showed up 5 minutes late" pick. the angle of viewing is terrible and your neck is going to be in pain afterwards

generally the best is the front-row infront of the wheelchair area/middle walkway because you have no one infront of you and can put your feet up on a railing. otherwise the middle-back.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ill come back to theaters when i can stop watching nicole kidman take off her klan hood to ooh and ahh at la la land, and not before

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

mycomancy posted:

This is probably correct. Motherfuckers can't remember what happened, like, more than a year ago at the very most. Also most memories people have sloshing around in their skull aren't like video replays, they're messy sensoria that can influence and alter each other in manners both gross and subtle. It's no surprise a bunch of people have the same fact about the past wrong, by just pure odds a large swath of the pop could have one or two common pseudoengrams considering how many each stupid loving ape on this globle has ricocheting around its braincase.

We don't need alternate realities to explain this phenomenon at all.

Geez...can't have any fun at all, can I?

thread title

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:)

https://twitter.com/concodanomics/status/1657457232609521664

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Malleum posted:

Front row generally loving sucks but I did get front row seats for the Fury Road release (only front row or scattered remaining) and that was pretty cool.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Admittedly the wine probably helped a lot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Malleum posted:

i already answered but one thing I should add is "front row seating" came out of original theater days and early movie palaces. it's stickied as a anachronistic cultural touchstone like "dialing a number" or CC-ing someone.

in the ye olde days (probably even to shakesphere), theater and movies were held in places with setup like this that make "front row seats" attractive

with the rise of stadium seating for theater, front row seats are dogshit worst-seat-in-the-house of last-resort

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Even in these "olde" pictures being in the front row still means you have huge issues seeing the actual whole of the stage. I'd rather be in the mezzanine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I am grateful that unions died for Number's right to the weekend

welcome to the resistance, Number