Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It actually has unlimited stamina. No stars show up I can just keep kicking him to go faster and it never ends. Has to be for a quest somewhere, I remember hearing about Ganons horse so maybe that's this guy.

I just saw a gigantic horse, and had 5 stamina meals and just said yolo it's zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I called mine Big Mayo

Edit: also he has no stamina, he's already at full speed once you gallop, best thing about him is crushing enemies just by riding. He got the kill shot on a boss who got too close once.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 14, 2023

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/merryh/status/1657575631541145600

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Nintendo knew what they were doing making koroks grabbable. Korok blood is on their hands

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm in a shrine called Aid from Above and... Am I supposed to invent my own contraption from what I have on hand? There's no parts anywhere and I don't see anything I can use powers on except a very distant platform that doesn't come this far. (edit: oh I just have to jump :v:)

Also, I've killed a Flux Construct, but I feel I may have been missing a gimmick? I noticed you can ultra hand the individual blocks, including the glowy one, but I have no idea what I can do with that since it takes back control after a few seconds.

Argue fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 14, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Barreft posted:

I just got this absolute unit of a horse

Lol, link gotta use ascend to get into the saddle.

The way this game gives you a million ways to use stuff makes the whole drat thing feel like eventide island. A+

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I had to consult a YouTube walkthrough but I finished the Fire Temple and beat Marbled Gohma. Goddamn, I feel like I should quit for the night after that. There's no way I would've been able to figure all that out without YouTube lol

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Barreft posted:

It actually has unlimited stamina. No stars show up I can just keep kicking him to go faster and it never ends. Has to be for a quest somewhere, I remember hearing about Ganons horse so maybe that's this guy.

I just saw a gigantic horse, and had 5 stamina meals and just said yolo it's zelda

I just got the clue for this after I read your post it's one of the messages you can get if you sleep in a Malanya bed at a stable

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

I had to consult a YouTube walkthrough but I finished the Fire Temple and beat Marbled Gohma. Goddamn, I feel like I should quit for the night after that. There's no way I would've been able to figure all that out without YouTube lol

Here's the best part, the bosses are all in the Depths to fight over again but even harder

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lakbay posted:

I just got the clue for this after I read your post it's one of the messages you can get if you sleep in a Malanya bed at a stable

Yep that was it, thank you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Argue posted:

I'm in a shrine called Aid from Above and... Am I supposed to invent my own contraption from what I have on hand? There's no parts anywhere and I don't see anything I can use powers on except a very distant platform that doesn't come this far. (edit: oh I just have to jump :v:)

Also, I've killed a Flux Construct, but I feel I may have been missing a gimmick? I noticed you can ultra hand the individual blocks, including the glowy one, but I have no idea what I can do with that since it takes back control after a few seconds.

it's kinda funny how some of the shrines are trivially easy and some are almost impossible to clear without help

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Argue posted:

If you grab enough parts, it will get shaky and fall apart so you can smack control cube. If you grab cube directly and yank it a bit, same thing, falls apart. When it flies up, you can ascend into the platform to smack it. You can also recall the cubes it sends to smash you when doing the UFO platform form, and ride a block up instead. The UFO form is best because you get a full round of smacking it, then it flies off and you can easily get another in.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Barreft posted:

Here's the best part, the bosses are all in the Depths to fight over again but even harder
Oh poo poo, well the boss fight wasn't really my issue, it was mostly the puzzle solving with all the carts and switches and such.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I loved that dungeon, I kept cheesing my way up and then gliding back down to do it right because the minecrats were fun

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Barreft posted:

For comparison this is the imported Ganon's steed from BotW. It has the same infinite stamina, but the white one looks a bit bigger. The BotW one has 5 strength, 2 speed, no stamina and no pull with a wild temperament.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

Oh poo poo, well the boss fight wasn't really my issue, it was mostly the puzzle solving with all the carts and switches and such.

Yeah I just think it's cool you can redo them. Pretty sure Blood Moon respawns them, but everything down there kicks my rear end I just explore it and get the auto build slates from kicking Kohgas rear end over and over.

This game has so much content

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dogmeat posted:

For comparison this is the imported Ganon's steed from BotW. It has the same infinite stamina, but the white one looks a bit bigger. The BotW one has 5 strength, 2 speed, no stamina and no pull with a wild temperament.

Same stats on this one. Guess Ill try taking him to the horse god tmw

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I mean there are at least 3 ways to clear the Fire temple, with the minecarts they provide, skating the rails with a minecart shield, by climbing everywhere.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 14, 2023

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
:lmao: can I interest anyone in a shield that shoots bees???

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If you have a Breath of the Wild save file, you get to keep your horses!! :eek:

I'm happy to get Epona back, and thrilled that the big, mean, black horse with a red mane I named Ganon is also back.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

had a good lmao just now when i tried to cross some rails with a minecart and realized too late that one of the rails was broken

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
The approach to the wind temple is gratuitous. Like holy hell. You would think at some point all the poo poo flying around is just window dressing to set the mood, but nope.

It took me an hour and a half to get up there.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Khanstant posted:

If you grab enough parts, it will get shaky and fall apart so you can smack control cube. If you grab cube directly and yank it a bit, same thing, falls apart. When it flies up, you can ascend into the platform to smack it. You can also recall the cubes it sends to smash you when doing the UFO platform form, and ride a block up instead. The UFO form is best because you get a full round of smacking it, then it flies off and you can easily get another in.

I am so bad at this game

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I don't know if this is a new feature or just lucky as hell but this feels awesome to do.

https://twitter.com/Waffleopolis/status/1657604145631866882

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
People on twitter are showing off their fighter jets and battle mechs and I’m here still trying to get a ball across a chasm with my ultrahand

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Barreft posted:

hold on, are you saying i can find El Gordo THE SECOND? there are now MULTIPLE giant horses???

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hate fighting silver bokoblins but I love jamming their dongers onto my hilts.

Also is there a better boat than a tiny plank of wood, a fan, and steering wheel? So simple yet usually ends up faster and going farther than anything fancier.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

cuntman.net posted:

had a good lmao just now when i tried to cross some rails with a minecart and realized too late that one of the rails was broken

I did the same thing in the starting area.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's an mine somewhere that has a separate rail that bends up and has a break in in it and I got all fancy making some minecart hook deal to get past it to the other side... But it was dark and the tunnel the rails led to was just the ground lmao. There's no point in going that way and I would've seen it had I thrown one light seed

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

There any Zonai gumball machines that vend the control sticks or whatever they're called?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Hestu spoiler, currently have finished Rito Village: So I never actually saw Hestu at all on my way there even though people said he'd be nearby. I dunno if I missed him because I took detours or if I just wasn't paying attention. That being said, when I got back to Lookout Point after finishing the temple he'd already relocated there on his own. So that's convenient!

I also got a lot of plot musings, but to keep it short I feel like whoever worked on writing were fans of old games who wanted to put their theories into canon.

But also (major spoilers for end of Rito Village questline) I'm mad that the ancient Sage of Wind wasn't a BOTWized Medli but just some nameless faceless nobody. You're gonna reuse Rauru's name but not that of the other Sages? In a sequel to a game where Urbosa outright confirmed that those names (or at least Nabooru's) are a part of their world's history? I mean I guess there's the fact that she was the Sage of Earth and not Wind in WW, but since other stuff got changed around that shouldn't really matter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/krembeni/status/1657293095925592065?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I have to go to sleep but I noticed just now that lightning strikes on the ground are hightlighted as able to be fused. So maybe we can do the trick where you put metal down to attract lightning and fuse it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The payoff to getting to the wind temple just wow

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"I'm invincible! I'm unstoppable!"

*huts R instead of ZR while gliding and faceplants 20 feet to death.*

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I had a Korok that needed to return to his buddy just across a field and I had my horse with the pull attachment so I did what everyone is going to do at one point or another. Those little guys can handle a lot of punishment!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Love turning those little guys into test pilots.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I have a sneaking suspicion this game is going to force me to use horses in a way BotW didn’t. I don’t like horses. Better to explore on foot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Almost Smart posted:

The approach to the wind temple is gratuitous. Like holy hell. You would think at some point all the poo poo flying around is just window dressing to set the mood, but nope.

It took me an hour and a half to get up there.

”you doing okay over there, Link?”

“I JUST GOT A NOSEBLEED AND IT FROZE TO MY FACE”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion this game is going to force me to use horses in a way BotW didn’t. I don’t like horses. Better to explore on foot.

Horses? Foot? Bruh, you got so many better options.

You ain't gone anywhere till you've gone by initiating a shield jump off a cliff with a rocket shield and then straight glide blasting your rear end halfway to the destination without losing air.