Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

all i could think of was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20ywBq-V7s

a dumb but ok movie overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

HonorableTB posted:

I am currently watching early 2000s (summer 2000 specifically, it's Perfect Cell time) Toonami broadcasts and you are extremely correct (i have hundreds of hours of retro tv ripped to my plex server, commercials and all. Audio/visual time capsules basically.)

That sounds awesome. How do you go about doing that?

I really don't see an endgame for Russia besides collapse at this point. Their economy is barely holding together, their sphere of influence has crumbled, if the rage goblin is accurate Russians are shooting at Russians, and Belarus and the other minor powers seem to be slipping away from them.

Like, I guess they could continue conscription but what's the loving point?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

That sounds awesome. How do you go about doing that?

I really don't see an endgame for Russia besides collapse at this point. Their economy is barely holding together, their sphere of influence has crumbled, if the rage goblin is accurate Russians are shooting at Russians, and Belarus and the other minor powers seem to be slipping away from them.

Like, I guess they could continue conscription but what's the loving point?

There's a subreddit called r/retrotvrevival and it's an entire community of people who do this and upload it for download. I've downloaded probably ~60 hours of raw toonami and cartoon cartoon friday broadcasts from there to have playing in my 2nd monitor while I play MS Flight Sim

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
https://twitter.com/dailysimpsons/status/1657513448945713160

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Let me link you to blackandredliberationblog.blogspot.com for unbiased reporting.

(from t.me/notrussianpropaganda)

Alt History
Feb 25, 2023
As the Armed Forces of Ukraine prepare to launch the counteroffensive, Joe Biden and Xi Jinping conclude secret negotiations.

Putin escapes to the United States and lives out the rest of his life in relative comfort in a witness protection program with a short commute to Langley.

Trump endorses a bi-partisan peace plan after receiving building permits for constructing towers in Moscow, Kyiv, Bakhmut, and Sevastopol.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy wins Nobel Peace Prize.

Ukraine agrees to a negotiated ceasefire, and its military ceases operations to recapture territory by force. The country is formally integrated into NATO.

The last column of the Russian Armed Forces complete their withdrawal across the Kerch Strait Bridge. Ukraine agrees to re-lease the Sevastopol Naval Base to the Russian Navy, contingent on reparations payments continuing on schedule.

Wagner continues to occupy East Bakhmut, and Russian commercial interests are allowed to operate there. Something like the Kaesong Industrial Region, where Wagner's newest recruits work the salt mines.

A multi-national military force occupies the demilitarized zone located between the former front line and the internationally recognized borders, including Crimea. Soldiers from Brazil, India, Israel, China, and South Africa maintain the peace, ensuring that neither Ukraine nor NATO forces are able to invade Russia without triggering WW3.

Chinese BRI investments enable the DMZ to recover economically in record time.

The foreign armies spend most of their time removing UXO. After a decade or two, the last troops withdraw, with full sovereignty returning to Ukraine.

Nikolai Lukashenko becomes the first President of the Union State. The country is constitutionally required to stay neutral, and is forbidden from joining any military alliances.

Periodic clashes occur on the border with China. The United States firmly denies allegations that it's selling weapons to Russian nationalists based in Haishenwai.

And I'll have a Baconator, please.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lukashenko gonna be lucky to live to next week at this rate

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1657488266159955977

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i missed the f35 demo but did arrive in time to see the entire f22 demo at the langely/eustis airshow last week. it was loving amazing and i have never seen anything, except perhaps a bird, purposefully move through the air like that. it looked very alien and sick as hell

I also saw a F-35 do an airshow demo once and it was like watching a flying saucer. Changing directions, climbing, diving, dramatic speed changes. At one point it looked almost like it hit the brakes and stopped in the middle of the air like a cartoon, then did a 120 degree turn and zipped away.

Knowing that the F-22 is peerless in air to air combat and outperforms the F-35 feels very :stare:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

tiaz posted:

Yeah, but the -16XL is just a prototype that they turned over to NASA to play with, and 4th gen jets typically can't supercruise. I don't think they meant to say it was literally impossible before

The point I was making with my post was supercruise isn't some exotic 5th fighter technology with engine design. The F-16XL used the same engine as other fighters of its generation and those fighters with the same engine couldn't achieve supercruise.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1657627513282088960

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Daztek posted:

ukraine used that decoy missile once and now russia thinks everything in the sky is an enemy

Sky is blue, EU is blue, NATO is blue... coincidence? I think not

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

OAquinas posted:

World's 2nd 3rd 4th 5th best army!

Number go up!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Could a kind soul please fill me in on the Luka situation? Is there any reason to believe Luka is poisoned? Or is it just people seeing tea leaves in clouds?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

canyoneer posted:

I also saw a F-35 do an airshow demo once and it was like watching a flying saucer. Changing directions, climbing, diving, dramatic speed changes. At one point it looked almost like it hit the brakes and stopped in the middle of the air like a cartoon, then did a 120 degree turn and zipped away.

Knowing that the F-22 is peerless in air to air combat and outperforms the F-35 feels very :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzKzduu3Nko&t=202s

25 year old tech

this vid is actually pretty tame

ded fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 14, 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Could a kind soul please fill me in on the Luka situation? Is there any reason to believe Luka is poisoned? Or is it just people seeing tea leaves in clouds?

Putin can't be exactly happy with Batya's refusal to send troops. Also it's no secret that it's a long term goal of Russia to absorb Belarus into Russia. Given recent events Luka might not be very enthusiastic about that idea.

Other than potential reasons for suspecting a poisoning I don't think there are any factual reports to support that, yet.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

all i could think of was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20ywBq-V7s

a dumb but ok movie overall.

They didn't even try at all to find a spot that looks remotely like Belgium and Germany eh?

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 14, 2023

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

canyoneer posted:

It has some real "drunken style" energy with those crazy angles and movements, just bonkers looking moves.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Karate Bastard posted:

He looked like poo poo during the victory Day parade, couldn't walk, didn't do any of his traditional speeches. He's now in the hospital

That's what's known for sure, everything else is speculation. There's no reason to believe he's been poisoned for now unless he dies and Kremlin makes decisive, preplanned moves instead of freaking out. The poisoning speculation is fuelled by last year the foreign minister of Belarus suddenly dying which seems very suspicious

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
But it was Luka "and his team" right? Would make poisoning seem like a less likely theory, no?

I mean gently caress him either way, but obese john cleese catching pooty polonium atm is probably in no one's best interest. ...which probably makes it a more likely theory.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 14, 2023

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The most that can be said is that he is sick enough to require hospital treatment, which could be as little as a nasty case of influenza given he's 68 years old

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Karate Bastard posted:

But it was Luka "and his team" right? Would make poisoning seem like a less likely theory, no?

I mean gently caress him either way, but obese john cleese catching pooty polonium atm is probably in no one's best interest. ...which probably makes it a more likely theory.

Unless someone from the state defects and spills the beans I don't think we'll know for sure

I think poisoning Luka would be a bad move because he's firmly in the pocket and an annexation has too many unknown variables for little gain (Luka will do anything anyway). He's been unwell before anyway

According to the president in exile Tsichanousksya, the order was given for the Belarusian armed forces to invade Ukraine and they refused because it was already going badly for Russia and they were underfunded and neglected for decades not to be a danger to Luka, so I don't think Russia is relying much on annexing Belarus and trying to send its army from the north, otherwise this card would've already been played

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Minsk in 4 days!

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

I'm not saying that this means Luka was poisoned or is even significantly sick, as mentioned he's an old man and stress has hugely detrimental effects on your health. But I don't get the logic that because the Belarusian army wouldn't turn the tide in Ukraine, therefore Putin wouldn't bother loving around with Belarus or offing/replacing Luka. Putin considers Belarus part of Russia so sooner or later he's going to push more on that if he can, and "that would be a very stupid thing to do" seems to be something that Putin takes as a personal challenge rather than sage geopolitical advice

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Get the battle hedgehogs ready!

https://i.imgur.com/Qd5gJai.mp4

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

mobby_6kl posted:

Get the battle hedgehogs ready!

https://i.imgur.com/Qd5gJai.mp4

Never thought I'd see a Wacky Wheels Ultra HD remaster

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1657591733494992897

Ritter did another appearance on TV lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh no everyone, get some tissues ready because you're sure to cry :( :( :(

quote:

Russia: Russian commander Makarov killed in action near Bakhmut
Russian commander Vyacheslav Makarov has been killed in action in the Donetsk "people's republic", ie. the area illegally occupied by Russia.

The news were broken by Russia's defence ministry on their Telegram channel. The story was confirmed by Russia's national news bureauy Tass as well as Russian Kommersant. Independent confirmation was also given by a representative of Russia's ministry of defence, lieutenant general Igor Konasenkov.

According to Russia, Makarov was killed "at the Soledar-Bakhmut front" near the village of Sontsivka, which is located roughly 80km away from the city of Bakhmut.

According to Konansenkov, Makarov "fought in the front lines, leading in person". He says Ukrainian forces attacked the Russians twice (he claims both attacks were repulsed) and in the third attack Makarov was grievously wounded, and died during evacuation.

According to the Ministry of Defence, assistant commander Jevgeni Brovko was also killed. He died "repelling an attack in Bakhmut". According to Russians, Brovko was directing the battle.

Here's an idea: get the gently caress out of Ukraine and you'll stop dying. Well at least until Putin executes his next purges.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Why are almost all of these tankie superstars either unkempt filthy basement creatures, convicted child groomers, sexpest tourists, batshit insane monarchists, etc.? Mush brained Chomsky and Hersh are the only two I can think of that are not just thoroughly garbage people :chloe:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You don't join the Russian media apparatus if literally anybody else is willing to have you.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

Why are almost all of these tankie superstars either unkempt filthy basement creatures, convicted child groomers, sexpest tourists, batshit insane monarchists, etc.? Mush brained Chomsky and Hersh are the only two I can think of that are not just thoroughly garbage people :chloe:

Lol Chomsky has had three seperate sexual harrasement alliegations and questionable dealings with Epstein after being a known sex offender. Hersh did alledged dodgey sexual poo poo to boys in 90's

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh no everyone, get some tissues ready because you're sure to cry :( :( :(

Here's an idea: get the gently caress out of Ukraine and you'll stop dying. Well at least until Putin executes his next purges.
:byewhore:
Hopefully he was one of the somewhat-competent ones

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1657696621906239491

What sad news.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sebmojo posted:

-Sun Tzu

appear weak where you are strong

appear weak where you are weak

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

Chomsky and Hersh are not mush-brained. They have been evil people in this way for decades. They are also thoroughly garbage sex abusers.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Oh No!

Anyway......

(May they rot in hell)

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

boofhead posted:

I'm not saying that this means Luka was poisoned or is even significantly sick, as mentioned he's an old man and stress has hugely detrimental effects on your health. But I don't get the logic that because the Belarusian army wouldn't turn the tide in Ukraine, therefore Putin wouldn't bother loving around with Belarus or offing/replacing Luka. Putin considers Belarus part of Russia so sooner or later he's going to push more on that if he can, and "that would be a very stupid thing to do" seems to be something that Putin takes as a personal challenge rather than sage geopolitical advice

It's certainly possible, but this wouldn't be consistent with what they were doing just a few days ago - trying to get everyone from the ex-USSR countries to attend the victory day parade to show that Putin is not isolated and all his friends are in the frame laughing too

It would be pretty disturbing for all those central asian presidents if they suspected Putin was inviting them over and trying to kill them off to restore the USSR, which would worsen the isolation that they've show they want to avoid (need to get those sweet sweet washing machine microchips)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Britain sends Storm Shadow?

Break out the nonce!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Luka slipped and had an accident with his potato peeler.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Just Another Lurker posted:

Sooo, the best army to defeat Russia..... is Russia? :kstare:

Reminder that the Russian military lost air superiority in the Georgian invasion to an enemy that flew no sorties and had no AA.

Russian planes were denied Georgian airspace entirely by Russian AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Luka has Covid and spread it to everyone at the VD parade.