Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

next up one of those arcs where people talk about a game i havent played instead of on topic things like "which rpg is the most gay"
the answer is a game you havent played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

i liked when he made a video about being a youtuber that was like 'being a youtuber isnt all glamour... its terrifying, but... basically, the algorithm is your boss... and someday, on a whim, the algorithm might just get rid of you, and youll never know why... your pay might not go up, even if you put in more work...'

brother youre describing a job

To be fair here I think the point is that lots of people don't think it is a job or that it's uniquely blessed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok which AA / AAA rpg series is the gayest?

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
I really enjoyed Cassette Beasts! I think it does really interesting things with the Pokemon formula - combat is slower paced and more intentional, less "eggshells with sledgehammers". Music is fun. Sense of humor tended to click with me in a "hehe" way. Does that thing where really scary enemies will have art from the wrong kind of game to show that they're super spooky. You can get famous literary bisexual Viola of Messaline in your party, and date her.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my only word on eyepatch wolf personally is that i have never watched this video and yet its thumbnail has come to define my mental image of him

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Blue Reflection?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

can i say granblue once relink actually comes out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

the answer for aaa is that i wish zelda was gayer but i feel like they got self-conscious about botw and removed like half of the insane gay tension with sidon

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jay Rust posted:

Mass Effect and Persona

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think Felistella doesn't count as an "AA" dev. they're like an A. maybe a letter between A and B

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the answer for aa is every flight-plan rpg that has either gender options or a hidden gay route cheat code

e; actually thats true flight-plan and felistella are the tiniest of the tiny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
changing my answer to fate/extra

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

The Colonel posted:

the answer for aaa is that i wish zelda was gayer but i feel like they got self-conscious about botw and removed like half of the insane gay tension with sidon

cowards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
an "ab" developer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Colonel posted:

Really. I got the feeling from botw that it was embarrassingly straight, every fish princess and fairy queen and female townsperson wants to gently caress link

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

an "abo" developer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Really. I got the feeling from botw that it was embarrassingly straight, every fish princess and fairy queen and female townsperson wants to gently caress link

remembering the weird permabanned guy who said BOTW was a "child predation simulator" for some reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

all the men want to gently caress link also

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he was silenced for speaking the truth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How is persona gay? It's actively homophobic at times

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh no... tmor it was bait, it was bait :'(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

The more I do the zora's domain the most im loling at how insanely thick they're laying on the not-gays.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The more I do the zora's domain the most im loling at how insanely thick they're laying on the not-gays.

insane how much of it is just sidon standing in a puddle while everyone talks about his wife he has a deep emotional bond with and the emotional climax to his arc is just her telling him to stop standing in the puddle and him going "youre right wife... i couldnt do anything without you wife. i sure love having a wife! i have now been able to get over my fear of losing my wife"

even beyond being weirdly heavily angled at Sudden Wife it's just insane how nothing the entire arc is because all you're doing is walking around and talking to a few guys while sidon. stands in a puddle. and they just describe in text what his emotional conflict and arc is because they didn't set it up at all previously.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the male gaze

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
very naise - sidon

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

blue reflection

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Mass Effect and Persona

Why would you say ME instead Dragon Age? DA was always better about relationships than ME, including relationships for a female PC or a gay PC. It really took until ME3 for them to try and fis this while DA had Zevran and Leliana right from the start.

I suppose it might just be because ME is the bigger name. I've never understood why, though, why ME is the more popular franchise.

edit:

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That was a joke post op but also ME was based on third person shooting which was big that generation, and DA was originally RTWP/isometric which was already kind of a dying genre when it released

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You’ve never understood why the late 2000s cover-based third-person shooter is more popular than the late 2000s real-time-with-pause fantasy rpg?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

They're all just BW RPGs to me. Like, if I compare KOTOR, Jade Empire, ME, and DA, I do it based on their common RPG elements, because their gameplay is so different it's not even comparable.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
thats right, they're all bioware rpgs to me. all poo poo!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DA was actually kind of marketed during development as a throwback to Baldur's Gate-esque gameplay which was already sort of a nostalgia thing then

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ranking bioware games on their gay content is like ranking KFC on their vegan options: they theoretically exist but why would you do this

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think the Mass Effect question becomes whether it is gayer to have PG-13 sex scenes and no relationships, or well written relationships but no sex scene. Truly, a question for the philosophers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EA are noble heroes for purchasing bioware and making them do a destiny clone that killed them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they could have fixed it with one gay alien. truly did not understand the market

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they could have fixed it with one gay alien. truly did not understand the market
remembering the waypoint article that was very seriously like 'why do we call the asari women?' and acting like the audience had failed the nuanced gender representation of the sexy blue alien ladies

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
truly the gaymer has been through a lot of rough years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

truly the gaymer has been through a lot of rough years

I think BW is pretty popular with gay video game players. Probably precisely because they were willing to do this poo poo pretty early on in the Western AAA scene and risk the wrath of Fox News and poo poo.