Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm curious to see how all the newer players and population at large adjusts to a world without volatile flow and unlimited heavy.

The aspect changes def make it hurt less though. I get to run devour on my void hoil build now which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Any fast commendation farm still in the game? The 1530 bottleneck is absurd.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not really, you can't commend after a failed activity any more so you have to find something that's either fast to run through or awards valuable commendations. There are probably LFG farms that speed through strikes or dungeon boss checkpoints or something

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

And just like that I'm done with trials for the weekend, getting popped by a palindrome through two walls among other fucky bs is not worth sweating for drops.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Raids generally get you commend points fast.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Decided to give the Leviathan's Breath another go and uh yeah it rocks, hard.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Waroduce posted:

I'm curious to see how all the newer players and population at large adjusts to a world without volatile flow and unlimited heavy.

The aspect changes def make it hurt less though. I get to run devour on my void hoil build now which is nice.

I'm gonna miss those mods but I'm sure there will be a new flavor of broken

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mesadoram posted:

Decided to give the Leviathan's Breath another go and uh yeah it rocks, hard.

Do you have cat unlocked? You can kill a barrier champ before they know what's up.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

I'm gonna miss those mods but I'm sure there will be a new flavor of broken

Really hoping it is actually Strand, Arc and Stasis next season. Screens fully frozen and blinding with light. It'd be amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

el B posted:

Do you have cat unlocked? You can kill a barrier champ before they know what's up.

I do, and I love it :allears:. The number of different things it can stun/stagger is amazing.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Vanguard ops or crucible is probably your best bet

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

syntaxfunction posted:

Really hoping it is actually Strand, Arc and Stasis next season. Screens fully frozen and blinding with light. It'd be amazing.

If only

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Europa population about to skyrocket, as every goes to begrudgingly finish their stasis unlock poo poo.
Of course, bungo will do nothing to alleviate the grind.
Unless they add another purchasable currency to let you bypass the grind and time requirements.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stasis legendaries and especially Ager’s Sceptre should make it a lot easier than anyone who played beyond light on release remembers, at least

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

Stasis legendaries and especially Ager’s Sceptre should make it a lot easier than anyone who played beyond light on release remembers, at least

You're hosed if you don't have Ager's(like me), and was unlocking poo poo on warlock, whose abilities can't actually kill anything(which they want you to do a lot of)

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Feel like the seasonal bow is the real stasis unlocking game changer nowadays

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Just realized this week I need EDZ and Cosmodrome legendary battlegrounds for triumph, thought I'd be able to select legendary and knock them out real quick but apparently they're on rotation and this week is orbital prison so I guess I'm screwed on getting the title then eh

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Just realized this week I need EDZ and Cosmodrome legendary battlegrounds for triumph, thought I'd be able to select legendary and knock them out real quick but apparently they're on rotation and this week is orbital prison so I guess I'm screwed on getting the title then eh

activity and title is sticking around for the rest of the year

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I thought they rotate daily?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

neutral milf hotel posted:

I thought they rotate daily?

They are ye

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VodeAndreas posted:

They are ye

I think they're weekly for most of the season but rotate daily the last few weeks including this one

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Vanguard ops or crucible is probably your best bet

Thanks. Also an 1800 bottleneck after the other one lmao. poo poo game design: the game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

commendation score and prestige ranks are fake and have no bearing on anything, hth

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

It shiney doe

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Number must go up

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

:hmmyes:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the game tells me I'm cool and the number over my head has a yellow border

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's extremely funny to me that it looks more like bronze than gold once you actually earn it and it's in your inventory

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Not sure if this has been brought up recently, but someone was asking how we’re getting triple 100 builds and the answer is D2ArmorPicker, and he’s fixed some stuff

https://twitter.com/mijagocoding/status/1658221759684919296?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

turns out you can memory-leak things into other things and get exotic perks on, uh... anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdcl-ilq6f4

though not to undersell it: you can also import origin perks, zoom levels, RPMs, and class aspects

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

turns out you can memory-leak things into other things and get exotic perks on, uh... anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdcl-ilq6f4

though not to undersell it: you can also import origin perks, zoom levels, RPMs, and class aspects

What I'm reading is: stay away from PvP and enjoy the PvE madness for a bit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Destiny 2 Lightfall: Stay away from PvP and enjoy the PvE madness for a bit.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

What I'm reading is: stay away from PvP and enjoy the PvE madness for a bit.

Destiny 2 Lightfall: stay away from PvP and enjoy the PvE

e: lol whoops flap made the same exact joke. i'm very good at reading i promise

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This bug popping up after all the talk about the engine couldn't be funnier.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Smells similar to the bug with fourth horseman or w/e that prompted the two second firing lockout when swapping weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if all these had something to do with that fix being so hamfisted.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
That two second delay “fix” seems like a great example of when you can’t actually fix something so you try to keep it from triggering.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the final week has arrived. everything is double rep. get your space chores done!!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dang, no Momentum Control or Mayhem? Would've been nice to be able to be able to knock out some seasonal challenges

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sunday at work posted:

That two second delay “fix” seems like a great example of when you can’t actually fix something so you try to keep it from triggering.

From a time/value perspectives its a 100/100 make the decision everytime put it on my resume if such a thing was appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bungies new light experience is so awful it makes a person whose job it is to play MMOs confused and frustrated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_8CV06DKlU

New information, at least to me: If you have ever played D2 in the past, the game sets you at level 6, even if you only have 10 minutes of Day 1 destiny under your belt, and give you a way worse experience than brand-new accounts lmfao what the gently caress Bungie.

Also, he tries Duality solo because the game:
- Lists the Dungeon as 1 - 3, just like strikes.
- Everything up to this point is scaled depending on fireteam size.
- There weren't any tool tips or popups that warned him not to do the dungeon alone.
- Duality is listed as 1600.