Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

speedtek posted:

Oh, and here's my car since I'm here now. Apparently I can't attach a file in and edit.

Si’s are such good Civics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lmao at the Z discussion

nobody is going to see that car and assume he's a russian nationalist you lunatic

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Darchangel posted:

Checked it. Looks like the engine is there. What's the problem?

hosed if I know, it's already delivered to the crushers. I heard a rod knock while driving and it shut itself off shortly after. Tried starting it again, but the enginge wouldn't move. 310000km and that's that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lol thread. I hate to say it but I'm with meat pimp on cleaning it off fairly easily or wrapping it.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Scionix posted:

lmao at the Z discussion

nobody is going to see that car and assume he's a russian nationalist you lunatic

I would just assume they pissed somebody off and their car got vandalized

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vandalized by Zorro

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm with meat pimp

Framin' this and putting it on my wall. <3

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got the car out for a drive this morning to burn some fossils.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I went to a swapmeet and bought a truck.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

chrisgt posted:

Flatbed crew!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Flatbed crew!

This is the way.

That's a proper fuckin truck. Deets?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I thought that said "swamp meet" and was expecting like a bunch of crazy off roaders or something

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

This is the way.

That's a proper fuckin truck. Deets?

I don't know THAT much about it. I'm going to get food poisoning at lunch on tuesday and go pick it up in the afternoon.
It's a carbed 350, 4wd, manual transmission. The odo shows 18k miles, but who knows if it's rolled over, been swapped, etc.
Most of the electrical is kinda hosed, the speedo spins faster the faster you drive (lol), but all the lights work and there is zero rust that i was about to see.
Should be a full floating 14 bolt dana 16, np205 gear drive transfer case, clutch feels great, it should hopefully be a good truck.

The picture doesn't do justice to how loving big this thing is. The frame has been extended and it has a 12 foot flatbed. I could easily park the geo metro on it. Once it's home i'll take some side-by-side pictures with normal sized cars to help give scale. I almost got it stuck in a parking lot on the test drive because it has the turning radius of the QE2.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
that's like the perfect chassis. Kinda looked like a 12' bed in the photos.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

GramCracker posted:

Got the car out for a drive this morning to burn some fossils.

Gorgeous car. Watch out for the 5 Hairpins.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Gonna need more photos of the RS2, tia

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

The 2-door Prado is rather corgi-like

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.

Sab669 posted:

I thought that said "swamp meet" and was expecting like a bunch of crazy off roaders or something

Gotta drive it down the street while blasting this?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Brettbot posted:

Gotta drive it down the street while blasting this?

you won't hear it over the side pipes, though :)
I hope those pass inspection... it also has no cats, but apparently the k30 didn't have them until 1987, so i should be fine there. There is just no room to add much of a muffler with those side pipes. if it's too loud maybe i'll put a V-band before the side pipes so i can stuff window screen and steel wool in there down the block from the inspection station.

It is also possible they are so annoying when i'm towing that i want a muffler :corsair:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

chrisgt posted:

I like it!

chrisgt posted:

I don't know THAT much about it. I'm going to get food poisoning at lunch on tuesday and go pick it up in the afternoon.
It's a carbed 350, 4wd, manual transmission. The odo shows 18k miles, but who knows if it's rolled over, been swapped, etc.
Most of the electrical is kinda hosed, the speedo spins faster the faster you drive (lol), but all the lights work and there is zero rust that i was about to see.
Should be a full floating 14 bolt dana 16, np205 gear drive transfer case, clutch feels great, it should hopefully be a good truck.

The picture doesn't do justice to how loving big this thing is. The frame has been extended and it has a 12 foot flatbed. I could easily park the geo metro on it. Once it's home i'll take some side-by-side pictures with normal sized cars to help give scale. I almost got it stuck in a parking lot on the test drive because it has the turning radius of the QE2.

Good news is that you can get pretty much every part for that truck, and someone has already fixed every problem you will ever have, because GM square-body.

Buddy of mine has 4 square-bodies, all '81+ - a LWB C10, a 2+2 LWB "Camper Special" dually, and a Suburban (that one's an '87 with the desirable '87-89 Suburban/Blazer - only front end.) None of them have moved in years. I'm trying to get him to let me revive the Suburban, because it's at least in the driveway, and accessible. The other two are behind a bunch of other non-op cars...

edit:
Holy poo poo I missed the side-pipes!
Those are supposed to actually be mufflers. Well, glass-packs.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Darchangel posted:

I like it!

Good news is that you can get pretty much every part for that truck, and someone has already fixed every problem you will ever have, because GM square-body.

Buddy of mine has 4 square-bodies, all '81+ - a LWB C10, a 2+2 LWB "Camper Special" dually, and a Suburban (that one's an '87 with the desirable '87-89 Suburban/Blazer - only front end.) None of them have moved in years. I'm trying to get him to let me revive the Suburban, because it's at least in the driveway, and accessible. The other two are behind a bunch of other non-op cars...

Do it. I've had two squibb burbans and would love to get another once I settle somewhere. They're so dumb and big and practical. But they also drink like all hell.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Voltage posted:

I keep driving by this abandoned gas station and I really want it, can't find who owns it though :(

Tidy fuckin NA.

Do me and my OCD a favor and tug on the headlight cover here to bring it level with the hood please and thank you

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Voltage posted:

I keep driving by this abandoned gas station and I really want it, can't find who owns it though :(

A little gas/service station like that would be an awesome little workshop. Not something I'd ever really thought about before, but that'd be pretty drat cool. Maybe you can get some info from city hall?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

A little gas/service station like that would be an awesome little workshop. Not something I'd ever really thought about before, but that'd be pretty drat cool. Maybe you can get some info from city hall?

Cool, other than the liability of the underground tanks...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

edit:

Oh god I'd get rid of those so fast. Driving my pickup with an exhaust leak under the cab was bad news, I can't imagine intentionally exhausting under my door on anything slow.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I like it!

Yes, having spent a bunch of time getting my maserati biturbo on the road this year, the abundance of parts and information is overwhelming. There is no guessing and reverse engineering.
Tell your buddy to get that poo poo on the road!

Darchangel posted:

edit:

Yes, side pipes. Holy loving god, side pipes.
It AAAASBOLUTELY needs mufflers, holy poo poo. It has long tube headers directly into those side pipes and while it sounds like america, I was absolutely not in a good mood after an hour ride home, half of which was interstate. My wife was my ride home, but i took her for a spin and she was "embarrassed to be in such a loud vehicle."
No cats, chevy didn't put cats in their one-tons until 1987, so I need to figure out how to squeeze a resonator or SOMETHING in there.

The front brakes don't do poo poo, possible combination valve issue, definite rusty brake issue, possible seized caliper. No biggie, I'll just replace everything.
Needs parking brake fixed.
Needs 4 inches of slop in the shifter fixed.
Needs lights working and none of the gauges work, it has a temp, oil, voltage pod under the dash like every square body.
The speedometer needle pinwheels faster the faster you drive (lol).

But overall, there is NO RUST AT ALL on the thing. NONE. It still has factory pinch welds at the cab corners, like, wtf; i've never actually seen what a square body cab corner should look like.

Oh also, it doesn't fit in my garage... The bed in 8ft wide, my garage doors are about 8-10 wide, but the mirrors are huge so I either have to remove the mirrors or work on half at a time :|
Even though my garage is 35x50, it only has small doors on the narrow end..... I might have to do some construction lol.
I will post more pics of this glorious beast today when it gets light.

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 16, 2023

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

chrisgt posted:

The front brakes don't do poo poo, possible combination valve issue, definite rusty brake issue, possible seized caliper. No biggie, I'll just replace everything.
Needs parking brake fixed.
Needs 4 inches of slop in the shifter fixed.
Needs lights working and none of the gauges work, it has a temp, oil, voltage pod under the dash like every square body.
The speedometer needle pinwheels faster the faster you drive (lol).

You can certainly grease the speedo cable and I'm willing to bet that's as tight as the shifters ever been.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

StormDrain posted:

You can certainly grease the speedo cable and I'm willing to bet that's as tight as the shifters ever been.

I welded up the shift lever dongus and now it's WAAAY better.
I dunno if it's a speedo cable, how would that make the needle spin around and around??
The odo works.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

chrisgt posted:

I welded up the shift lever dongus and now it's WAAAY better.
I dunno if it's a speedo cable, how would that make the needle spin around and around??
The odo works.

Nice! You move quick. I thought you meant it was unsteady, not spinning round and round. Unsteady can be from friction in the cable and it doesn't quite spin smoothly so it gets bouncy. It fixed mine anyway. Spinning all the way around would probably mean junkyard trip for a replacement I'd guess.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I know this isn't the "post other people's ride" thread but I just saw this and it's too cool not to share:

On C&B :staredog:

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Sab669 posted:

I know this isn't the "post other people's ride" thread but I just saw this and it's too cool not to share:

Its cool, but why not just sti swap a baja?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

1) Because you aren't in denial about needing ground clearance
2) Uniqueness :shrug:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Sab669 posted:

The thread you're looking for is Post awesome AI car poo poo: Even if its a Trabant - Especially if its a Trabant

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

StormDrain posted:

Nice! You move quick. I thought you meant it was unsteady, not spinning round and round. Unsteady can be from friction in the cable and it doesn't quite spin smoothly so it gets bouncy. It fixed mine anyway. Spinning all the way around would probably mean junkyard trip for a replacement I'd guess.

I've had bouncy needles before, but here I suspect three is a broken spring.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

oh poo poo

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

chrisgt posted:

I've had bouncy needles before, but here I suspect three is a broken spring.

That's what the case was with mine.
Bouncy is cable drive friction related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Voltage posted:

Its cool, but why not just sti swap a baja?

This actually looks good