Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently if you fuse a minecart to a shield you can shieldsurf on rails?

Also fusing a wing to a shield and shield surfing lets you Bow bullet time from the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone know where there's a lot of Moblins? I think around Death Mountain but I need their guts to upgrade the soldier set from BotW

Nevermind, it's too rare of a drop making it a grind to try to upgrade this armor

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 14, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"huh, a hidden passage under hyrule castle. shouldn't take too long to explore"
- me, an absolute fool

the scope of this game is mind-bending. it's downright fractal in how every innocuous passageway leads to hours of more exploration

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Oh my god courser bee honey on an arrow lets you shoot bees at people

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Got frustrated with phase 2 of one of the lego-bosses, half an hour later realized exactly what I was supposed to be doing, I feel like a grade A moron now.

Also got my rear end ambushed by phantom ganon. GOTY.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

By the way, for people who talked about the Great Plateau quest: the initial part isn't in the depths, you gotta bomb a wall at the outer wall bottom part. This opens a path inside the plateau and a statue that actually starts the real quest.

Oh, Kohga isn't where that was pointing you to? Huh.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Costco Meatballs posted:

Oh my god courser bee honey on an arrow lets you shoot bees at people

It doesn’t do much damage but honey on shield spawns a swarm when you block a hit.

Let me upgrade the bees, let me be bee spec vs Ganondorf!!!!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Fifteen of Many posted:

When using ultra hand it is helpful to remember that normal laws of physics will quickly exert themselves when you stop to check if the monster is in the right spot below you.

https://youtu.be/iv9WBLciKbs

Also I made a neat bomb based battering ram to fight this Stalnox and everything went exactly as planned

https://youtu.be/yaHRDS-BvsI

I’ve learned that it’s prudent to have one small weak stick in inventory just for slapping machines on

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Wow! After BOTW being so solitary. I was not expecting to run into a squad of Hyrulian soldiers who I would then charge into battle with against a monster camp. That was really cool.

I got stuck at the Rito Village quest trying to get up to the boat in the cloud. I saw ice coating a path up, remembered there was some anti-slip armor I didn't get, but figured there was another way up. There probably is, but I couldn't find it.

Back to roaming, sorry kiddo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Frankston posted:

So is it me or are rupees and arrows hard to come by this time around?

break the crates and barrels that are everywhere for arrows, Ive consistently had well over 200 stockpiled

Selling gems and luminous stones will get you lots of rupees and there are plenty of caves that are absolutely filled with them

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wildtortilla posted:

I don’t understand what’s happening in this pic. Can someone explain the matrix for me?

Spoilered for people trying to figure that shrine out:
Only the ice block is climbable. and there's no place to stand under the platform due to water. I was trying to ascend through the platform using a block for ground, then keep shuffling things so the ice was the next step I needed to keep cluimbing up. It was working but prone to something going wrong.

Instead that haphazard arrangement lets me ascend to the magma platform, jump onto the fixed one, and ascend through the stone block to the top. Glue keeps everything from tipping over despite some unstable placements.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I've not read this thread since before release, but can someone give me a yes/no answer on if we get the paraglider back at some point please?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gambrinus posted:

I've not read this thread since before release, but can someone give me a yes/no answer on if we get the paraglider back at some point please?

Yes

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I think I will buy and play this video game now.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rullbkUEHc1qai2ce.mp4

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

found master kohga and he ran my rear end down with a monster truck 10/10 game

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Haha. Literally just got given it after posting this.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Deki posted:

Got frustrated with phase 2 of one of the lego-bosses, half an hour later realized exactly what I was supposed to be doing, I feel like a grade A moron now.

Also got my rear end ambushed by phantom ganon. GOTY.

Oh, Kohga isn't where that was pointing you to? Huh.

Yeah, the depths it's on the same area, in the back but unrelated to Koga. Directly below Temple of Time.

On that second line, already killed 2 :agesilaus: He's actually pretty easy after the WTF factor, does slow telegraphed swings you can parry and slam some damage. Obv hits hard but with practice he's easy and the gloom goes away on hit. He also drops endgame gear in the form of a 41 damage hilt that gives you gloom and a bow which scales with max hearts.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Well I finally beat BotW last night, I can finally get started on TotK lol

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are enemies in the deeps tougher? I thought I was on top of the weapons curve with some massive 30-50 power clubs but I found the coliseum down there and broke two weapons on the face of a regular-rear end lynel, first one I'd encountered in the game. Took a look at what else was in the room and bailed.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
I wasn't the biggest fan of BotW but Tears of the Kingdom is just impossibly good. How does this game exist

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Anyone know where there's a lot of Moblins? I think around Death Mountain but I need their guts to upgrade the soldier set from BotW

Nevermind, it's too rare of a drop making it a grind to try to upgrade this armor

Yeah I have level 4 miner gear before I've found enough goddamn Hinox guts and lizard tails to upgrade that set

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Rudimentary testing seems to show that there's some tiers in the base weapon durability when doing fusions - skeleton weapons (e.g. Bokoblin Arms) are still super fragile and barely get any benefit, frailer bases (e.g. Rusty Broadsword) get a moderate benefit, but less than half that of good bases (e.g. Sturdy Wooden Stick) which get a pretty robust buffer. But added hits you get from fusions are independently tracked on the base so you can't just keep popping the fused part off and putting a new one on for an "infinite" weapon, it's still going to break eventually. Also if you do a fusion with something that has durability of its own that thing's durability still goes down so putting a Bokoblin Arm on something is still going to break it in 5 hits and leave you with a bare base weapon, but horns will last the entire time.

More academic by the end I'll bet but nice to know early on.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

"huh, a hidden passage under hyrule castle. shouldn't take too long to explore"
- me, an absolute fool

the scope of this game is mind-bending. it's downright fractal in how every innocuous passageway leads to hours of more exploration

I am spending hours, HOURS, just exploring and unlocking waypoints both above and below. It all started by completing a quest and I figured I'll go unlock one area. I still haven't gotten there. Where the gently caress is time going jesus christ I have poo poo to do today

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something important about dragons you might not realize if you’re used to BotW: You can land on/climb them this time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RatHat posted:

Apparently if you fuse a minecart to a shield you can shieldsurf on rails?

https://i.imgur.com/TIcxG61.mp4

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hogama posted:

Rudimentary testing seems to show that there's some tiers in the base weapon durability when doing fusions - skeleton weapons (e.g. Bokoblin Arms) are still super fragile and barely get any benefit, frailer bases (e.g. Rusty Broadsword) get a moderate benefit, but less than half that of good bases (e.g. Sturdy Wooden Stick) which get a pretty robust buffer. But added hits you get from fusions are independently tracked on the base so you can't just keep popping the fused part off and putting a new one on for an "infinite" weapon, it's still going to break eventually. Also if you do a fusion with something that has durability of its own that thing's durability still goes down so putting a Bokoblin Arm on something is still going to break it in 5 hits and leave you with a bare base weapon, but horns will last the entire time.

More academic by the end I'll bet but nice to know early on.

yeah I noticed that fused wooden weapons last a really long time, they're way more useful than they were in BoTW

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i hope this works like i think it should

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it does not

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol IGN review comments continue to be very funny.

IGN Commentor posted:

720p and 30 fps with dips? Is that the standard for AAA games in 2023 or is Nintendo getting yet another pass because the game is fun?

What, Nintendo gets a pass because their games are FUN??

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Okay need some advice for a certain depths quest just had a frustrating moment where I had two eyes disappear and I assume go back to where you threw them down from while getting the third, is there no way to turn them in one by one and if not what's the best way to get all four and bring them back to the statue?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

RatHat posted:

Something important about dragons you might not realize if you’re used to BotW: You can land on/climb them this time

Best moment I’ve had so far was diving towards the underground, and having one coming up from there at the same time. Rode that train for almost an entire loop.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Electric Phantasm posted:

Okay need some advice for a certain depths quest just had a frustrating moment where I had two eyes disappear and I assume go back to where you threw them down from while getting the third, is there no way to turn them in one by one and if not what's the best way to get all four and bring them back to the statue?

You can turn them one by one, I pretty much jump after I throw them.

Not much help on the other one, just check if there's free stuff to build a poo poo/minecarts to move around. One eye is near a lab where you can build a wing flyer with batteries.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You can turn them one by one, I pretty much jump after I throw them.

Not much help on the other one, just check if there's free stuff to build a poo poo/minecarts to move around. One eye is near a lab where you can build a wing flyer with batteries.

How do I turn them in? Dropping an eye in front of the statue doesn't seem to be doing anything.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do I turn them in? Dropping an eye in front of the statue doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Well, the statue has holes in it, doesn't it? :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well, the statue has holes in it, doesn't it? :v:

Jesus Christ :cripes:

Thank you for your help

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Popete posted:

lol IGN review comments continue to be very funny.

What, Nintendo gets a pass because their games are FUN??

No comment section anywhere is worth reading. Hell even SA is questionable.

That said though there is a growing population of people who consider that sort of performance a requirement and not a luxury.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wish I had an instrument or item to turn storms in and off at will. They aren't as bad in TotK, but still, sometimes you need it to rain or be dry and it'd be sick to do a quest to gain the power to control rain or okay a song of storm/destorm

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can someone replace Vincent Price’s breakdown in Thriller with Zelda’s blood moon speech?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ATTENTION:

Contrary to incorrect information I saw posted on this thread, a cave’s checkmark does NOT appear to require a player to obtain any piece of armor located in the cave. As an experiment, I intentionally did not open a chest containing gear until after I had obtained the bubble-frog gem thing. The checkmark appeared after I collected the gem and BEFORE I opened the chest with the armor.

Search caves carefully friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
(sky island armor set) I upgraded the wingsuit to level 2 hoping for more horizontal manueverability but instead it has fall damage immunity