Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Surely this proves Russian technological superiority over the West!

We have lazy decadent missile systems, Russian Missiles work very hard to hit nothing important!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

HonorableTB posted:

lol, lmao

our old tech on vacation mode took out russia's "unstoppable" missile

:hmbol:

From what I've been reading, the hypersonic missiles Russia and China have been bragging about are wildly overhyped. As in, they're wildly expensive and are predictable due to the missile not being able to take the force of the wind at anything other than nearly dead on.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Horrorosaurus posted:

... And to think just a year ago this guy was known as 'Putins cook", a mysterious mafia type figure workingin the shadows. At this rate of meltdowns he's just weeks away from releasing Tiktok videos stripdancing around a town square somewhere in Jamaica complaining about local weather.

A year ago Russia stans kept repeating that there was no such a thing as Wagner, it was a Western invention, etc etc, lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Deki posted:

From what I've been reading, the hypersonic missiles Russia and China have been bragging about are wildly overhyped. As in, they're wildly expensive and are predictable due to the missile not being able to take the force of the wind at anything other than nearly dead on.

I don't know if they have something else but I believe this missile is just a ballistic Iskander strapped to a plane. So it's hypersonic for a while... while in a predictable ballistic trajectory.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Budzilla posted:

The point I was making with my post was supercruise isn't some exotic 5th fighter technology with engine design. The F-16XL used the same engine as other fighters of its generation and those fighters with the same engine couldn't achieve supercruise.

Klyith posted:

Or you could just point out how plenty of fighter jets in history, back to the goddamn English Electric Lightning, have been able to supercruise if they had a minimal payload.

"But the F-22 can supercruise with a full combat payload!"

And how the F-22's combat payload is barely bigger than other jet's minimal clean load.

"Ah, well, nevertheless. By the definition of supercruise we made up, the F-22 is the only one that can do it."

TIL, thank you both!

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't know if they have something else but I believe this missile is just a ballistic Iskander strapped to a plane. So it's hypersonic for a while... while in a predictable ballistic trajectory.

I think it does have some evasion capability in the terminal phase, but for most of it yeah

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
ritter's channel is like an alternate reality

his analysis of the ukraine war comes from interviews with douglas macgregor, who has been claiming that ukraine will collapse in mere days on a monthly basis (literally) since february 2022

and also regularly claims poo poo like, russia destroyed 9 ukrainian brigade Hqs, killed 1000 officers and 300 nato officers in a single strike

And people eat this poo poo up like its real

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

alternate reality

Russian MOD tally of Ukraine losses as of yesterday:

424 airplanes, 231 helicopters, 9,119 tanks and other armoured fighting vehicles, 1,100 fighting vehicles equipped with MLRS, 4,806 field artillery guns and mortars, as well as 10,167 units of special military vehicles have been destroyed since the beginning of the special military operation.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

A year ago Russia stans kept repeating that there was no such a thing as Wagner, it was a Western invention, etc etc, lol

it's genuinely wild

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Somaen posted:

According to the president in exile Tsichanousksya,

wut

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The tankie Wagner cope process went like this

1. Wagner doesn't exist.
2. Wagner might exist but it's 20 guys in a basement.
3. Wagner exists but it's just a tiny PMC.
4. Wagner exists but it's only some oligarchic security force.
5. Wagner isn't a professional army.
6. Wagner isn't recruiting from prisons, they're a professional army.
7. Wagner's *prisoner* army is OWNING Ukraine's state-mobilized soldiers, Nazi Zelenskyy should just take the NATO money and run to Switzerland while he can!!!
8. Wagner doesn't exist.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/07/sviatlana-tsikhanouskaya-exiled-belarusian-opposition-leader-speaks-out.html

The election was so rigged she probably won it and got forced into exile then convicted in absentia when Batka appealed to Russia to keep him in power, it was a whole thing

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1657749631365726212
Apparently Yuriy Butusov claimed that the colonel who got demilitarized recently near Bakhmut was, for Russians, a tough customer, so his loss put a large monkey wrench in the occupiers' attempt at defending their positions.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

1. Wagner doesn't exist.
7. Wagner's *prisoner* army is OWNING Ukraine's state-mobilized soldiers, Nazi Zelenskyy should just take the NATO money and run to Switzerland while he can!!!
8. Wagner doesn't exist.

At the rate things are going near Bakhmut, Wagner certainly won't exist any more if Ukraine manages to get them surrounded there.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

1. Wagner doesn't exist.
8. Wagner doesn't exist.

Hey they finally got it right. :v:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

1. Wagner doesn't exist.
8. Wagner doesn't exist.

Anyway this doesn't matter because of Azov. They are real, and they are not my friend. They are the nazis that prove Ukraine is a nazi state run by nazis.

Nuance like "Nations have many competing political elements within them and not all of them are good" doesn't even go through my brain. I don't even know what I typed out. Doesn't look like anything to me at all.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1657675029813796866
Murz once again fell into the depths of despair concerning Russia's situation. He predicts that instead of leaving behind territory, Russia will simply send more reinforcements, and that Ukraine now has superiority in terms of artillery and drones near the Bakhmut front.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Toxic Mental posted:

1. Wagner doesn't exist.

Seeing this one out in the wild last year was crazy. Wagner's fuckery is so well known from Syria and Africa that pretending they never actually existed made no sense at all. (Unless you've committed yourself to dehumanizing all Ukranians as Nazis, and thus needed to ignore Russia's Nazi problem so you could continue to feel good about civilians getting bombed or whatever)

It also made me realize that nearly all the "sources" for western pro-Russian twitter were just unhinged random blogs that were treated like gospel despite obvious red flags (Russians with Attitude, anyone?).

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Deki posted:

Seeing this one out in the wild last year was crazy. Wagner's fuckery is so well known from Syria and Africa that pretending they never actually existed made no sense at all. (Unless you've committed yourself to dehumanizing all Ukranians as Nazis, and thus needed to ignore Russia's Nazi problem so you could continue to feel good about civilians getting bombed or whatever)

It also made me realize that nearly all the "sources" for western pro-Russian twitter were just unhinged random blogs that were treated like gospel despite obvious red flags (Russians with Attitude, anyone?).

Or washed up has beens like Hersh. Another commonality is that they *never* attribute any of Ukraine's decisions to Ukraine itself, it's all America and the evil west puppeteering them from behind the scenes, it can't be that they decided to fight for their homes and lives to avoid being genocided.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

1. Wagner doesn't exist.
8. Wagner doesn't exist.

Also:
-Wagner are not nazis.
-Ok, Wagner might be nazis but they are not really part of the Russian state or military structure.
-Ok, Wagner nazis are integral to Russian military machine but since they are fighting Azov it is all good.
-Azov Azov Azov Azov Azov Azov

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I have blown up this picture of this Ukrainian general wearing a bracelet, and you can see, well, it's grainy since it's x100, but you can clearly see the Nazi symbolism.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
yes but have you considered war bad

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

the popes toes posted:

I have blown up this picture of this Ukrainian general wearing a bracelet, and you can see, well, it's grainy since it's x100, but you can clearly see the Nazi symbolism.

Well maybe the bracelet only looked like aswastika due to compression, but the JPEG compression algorithm is designed to create vaguely swastika looking artefacts around people who emanate an aura of nazism

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1657867362173960193
:dukedog:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russian hypersonic missile dropped on the wrong Ukraine?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There have been credible rumors that Lukashenko might have fallen down some stairs and soiled his trousers. Many people are talking about this. But plz keep this to yourself for now until it is confirmed

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Healthy young president goes to a parade, gets pumped with massive shots of tea, doesn't feel good and poops his pants. Many such cases!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

quote:

Wagner chief offered to give Russian troop locations to Ukraine, leak says

[...]

Prigozhin said that if Ukraine’s commanders withdrew their soldiers from the area around Bakhmut, he would give Kyiv information on Russian troop positions, which Ukraine could use to attack them. Prigozhin conveyed the proposal to his contacts in Ukraine’s military intelligence directorate, with whom he has maintained secret communications during the course of the war, according to previously unreported U.S. intelligence documents leaked on the group-chat platform Discord.

[...]

According to one document, Prigozhin told a Ukrainian intelligence officer that the Russian military was struggling with ammunition supplies. He advised Ukrainian forces to push forward with an assault on the border of Crimea, which Russia has illegally annexed, while Russian troop morale was low. The report also referred to other intelligence noting that Prigozhin was aware of plummeting morale among Wagner forces and that some of his fighters had balked at orders to deploy in the Bakhmut area under heavy fire, for fear of suffering more casualties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/05/14/prigozhin-wagner-ukraine-leaked-documents/

Also says the Ukrainians didn't take him up on his offer as they don't trust him. Still, lmao.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Healthy young president goes to a parade, gets pumped with massive shots of tea, doesn't feel good and poops his pants. Many such cases!

mainstream media hiding the secrets! Sad!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

There have been credible rumors that Lukashenko might have fallen down some stairs and soiled his trousers. Many people are talking about this. But plz keep this to yourself for now until it is confirmed

Please take this seriously. Many of us in this thread have ourselves fallen down stairs and soiled ourselves.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

We got maps

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1657840558516125697?t=C192sWRirMN4uXM2Rm2sFQ&s=19

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Slight little swing backs. Real shaping going on now. Not just a few meters. These are moving the Russian lines back. And remember there'd very little coordination on real time so these are seriously bad for Russia.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Thoughts and Prayers for Luka. I hope he swiftly recovers from his polonium tea poisoning. But no matter what god and Putin will take good care of Belarus for him.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

beer_war posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/05/14/prigozhin-wagner-ukraine-leaked-documents/

Also says the Ukrainians didn't take him up on his offer as they don't trust him. Still, lmao.

Unless he has a coup lined up to go, I think Prigozhin's hosed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Russia continuing this war because there is a small chance they might be allowed to keep some captured territory is both idiotic and monstrous.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Lammasu posted:

Russia continuing this war because there is a small chance they might be allowed to keep some captured territory is both idiotic and monstrous.

I will pay any number of other people’s lives to gain 3 square meters of Crimean swampland.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

TaurusTorus posted:

I will pay any number of other people’s lives to gain 3 square meters of Crimean swampland.

Why do they want a warm weather port? They lost a naval battle to a country with no navy!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Why do they want a warm weather port? They lost a naval battle to a country with no navy!

But think of how many more they could lose if they did

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Lol when's the last time a country lost a cruiser or higher in a war

Ww2?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcvey posted:

Ww2?

Falklands War is the most recent I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mcvey posted:

Ww2?
Argentina, Falklands War, 1982