Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The tensionzs are high in the war thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
if we get rid of FF then the war knowers is reduced to Mlmp69 and Monkeylibfront

so your choice is then either sardonic analysis where absolutely no inference, intuition or guessing is allowed... or an open screaming portal to the lazerpig dimension

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
in our hearts and souls we understand the true war, the only war that matters

we are all children of the posting wars, and we will live with those scars forever

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I mostly lurk and sit on the sidelines in the posting wars.

does this mean silence is violence?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Cerebral Bore posted:

the best 40k meta was back when the ork rulebook included like a dozen d100 tables for everything that could go horribly right or horribly wrong any time you tried to do anything whatsoever

That sounds really fun. I liked the rule I heard about where your transports could transport however many minis you could get to fit on top of it.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

sullat posted:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard which means some CIA goon might have thought that but my understanding was that they were being kept at first because the Bush administration believed that if you didn't admit mistakes it would mean you never made any and they didn't want to release them to China because China bad. Eventually they were given a lump sum of cash and sent to, Uruguay I think, whereupon they immediately went back to Xinjiang and disappeared because they learned valuable lessons about interacting with westerners.

Various shadowy NGOs were trying to radicalize Uighurs against the PRC for decades which was why they were so upset that they'd been blackbagged. All evidence was that these particular Uighurs were just day laborers who got sold to the US when we were offering cash bounties for 'foreign militants'.

...did they send them to Uruguay because they thought that's where Uighurs come from

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

40K mostly just oscillates between editions rather than substantially improving over time. Now there's a Psychic Phase! Now there's not! Now vehicles have their own subsystems! Now they don't! Now charging into close combat on the first turn is the only viable meta! Now shooting is overpowered! Now every army needs to be built around hero characters with special auras and abilities!

There are many 40K:s but almost all of them are broken in some way.

how else are you going to force the customer base to buy entirely new armies every edition

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I for one am shocked that the ancient Albertan with the First Nations hating wife did some racism. Perhaps his insights on the conflict based on first hand military experience cleaning muskets in the war of 1812 was too tantalising and people looked the other way.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

FF was some politcal guy in Afghanistan

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CongoJack posted:

That sounds really fun. I liked the rule I heard about where your transports could transport however many minis you could get to fit on top of it.

iirc you had this one unit of orks who had guns bolted onto their guns who were bolted onto a third gun and every time you fired you rolled how many shots you got off and how many of those shots came from which gun and also whether something went wrong and you did it for every model individually

i think the best/worst/most orky result was that your gun fired the maximum amount of shots of all types and they all automatically hit, but it also killed the model holding it

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Cspam orc wave tactics means there's like 900 posts every hour itt but none of them have any value (esp this one)
I'm doing my part in the posting wars!

...did they send them to Uruguay because they thought that's where Uighurs come from

This is stupid enough to be true.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I just assumed all the troops did heinous poo poo in Afghanistan/iraq. That's what the job is, after all.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Trying to turn the crowd against FF by pointing out that a canadian who takes inventory of artillery is basically the same as a blackwater goon

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
I mean FF admitted to shelling villages and assuming that meant civilians died. That's what militaries do. Any expectation that he would somehow be morally pure is something that only a liberal could believe.

The major difference between FF and most troops is he voiced regret at having done so, rather than pride or bloodthirst. That doesn't mean his hands are clean, but it's better than nothing.

If we applied a pure moral standard we'd need to kick out every former troop, which is a justifiable position but I don't think that's the stance people are taking here.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sullat posted:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard which means some CIA goon might have thought that but my understanding was that they were being kept at first because the Bush administration believed that if you didn't admit mistakes it would mean you never made any and they didn't want to release them to China because China bad. Eventually they were given a lump sum of cash and sent to, Uruguay I think, whereupon they immediately went back to Xinjiang and disappeared because they learned valuable lessons about interacting with westerners.

Various shadowy NGOs were trying to radicalize Uighurs against the PRC for decades which was why they were so upset that they'd been blackbagged. All evidence was that these particular Uighurs were just day laborers who got sold to the US when we were offering cash bounties for 'foreign militants'.

I knew a JAG that worked at Guantanamo and his belief was that they were guys that were picked up without needing to be there but that eventually they became radicalized while waiting for asylum. China didnt want them back, its not a case of the US didnt want to send them back there directly. Also take a look at what happened with a lot of the detainees (seemingly slipping away from their host countries sometimes with the assistance of the US)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

we need to kick out every former troop

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

we'd need to kick out every former troop

If you actually did this seeing who would be left would be very funny

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

That would be funny but we offered some cash to the other countries to take them off our hands and Uruguay was winner of the 'cost + out of hair' matrix.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

gradenko_2000 posted:

so many troop mods

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I mean FF admitted to shelling villages and assuming that meant civilians died. That's what militaries do. Any expectation that he would somehow be morally pure is something that only a liberal could believe.

The major difference between FF and most troops is he voiced regret at having done so, rather than pride or bloodthirst. That doesn't mean his hands are clean, but it's better than nothing.

If we applied a pure moral standard we'd need to kick out every former troop, which is a justifiable position but I don't think that's the stance people are taking here.

lmfao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
come to think of it, im technically a reservist in a nato army nowadays

this shames me deeply and i shall do my utmost to atone by shedding my blood and sweat in the cspam penal posting battalions

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
we're ignoring the obvious, it was the wife that posted the racism in order to get her husband to stop his anti-NATO sedition

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Scandinavians and a good chunk of eastern europe BTFO

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Regarde Aduck posted:

we're ignoring the obvious, it was the wife that posted the racism in order to get her husband to stop his anti-NATO sedition

if you loved your wife you'd share your passwords

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ff getting permabanned would be a powerful prophylactic against career suicide, so there is clear motive

the trick is getting it done without making anyone mad enough to actually go to the trouble of doxxing him

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Cerebral Bore posted:

the best 40k meta was back when the ork rulebook included like a dozen d100 tables for everything that could go horribly right or horribly wrong any time you tried to do anything whatsoever

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ATAB

yes even Chinese ones.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I knew a JAG that worked at Guantanamo and his belief was that they were guys that were picked up without needing to be there but that eventually they became radicalized while waiting for asylum. China didnt want them back, its not a case of the US didnt want to send them back there directly. Also take a look at what happened with a lot of the detainees (seemingly slipping away from their host countries sometimes with the assistance of the US)

When Tabliban took over Afghanistan, there were a number of Uyghur fighters there, and China didn't want them back either.

I know some turned against the Taliban government and bombed a mosque. Haven't heard anything from them ever since.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1657822892342607874

oh so that's why the russians blew up this ammo depot in particular :stare:

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

ArmZ posted:

ATAB

yes even Chinese ones.

I'm not saying they're not, to be clear. I think it is a perfectly justifiable position. Just pointing out the consistency.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Danann posted:

Oh it was funny when it was just the silly orcs not understanding DU is fine and safe and biodegradable

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

Oh it was funny when it was just the silly orcs not understanding DU is fine and safe and biodegradable

yah it degrades your biome alright

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Please Mr. Nato, please send us your finest toxic munitions that cause developmental defects, so that we may spread their love all over the east of our nation, for reasons

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/DavidAstinWalsh/status/1656631664653611010?t=NDfxCNn7ZR_kXDG4xrKcfw&s=19

Was this posted in the thread? Because despite being about US Senator Feinstein every reply I saw homed in on the Ukraine comment

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danann posted:

Story tomorrow will be that Russia dirty bombed Ukraine.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mlmp08 posted:

Here you go. The Pentagon spokesman was a bit vague at first in this press conference, and so later in the intervew someone came back to ask more explicitly for clarification, which he gave and confirmed Patriot was used to intercept a Kinzhal. He did not confirm which of the two donated Patriot units (US or German) was used for the intercept.
https://www.defense.gov/News/Transc...press-briefing/

Thank you

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
drat seems like using DU should be some sort of internationally recognized war crime

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Psycho Society posted:

drat seems like using DU should be some sort of internationally recognized war crime

Russia blowing up a DU stockpile in Ukraine is a war crime. Ukraine raining DU on separatist regions is not a war crime.

How many times must the media explain this to you??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I think it's silly to purge leftist spaces of troops.

The troops benefit from being exposed to a counter-narrative and radicalized.

The space benefits from inside knowledge which can be used to further radicalize others.