Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Smirr posted:

Just to mayhaps yang this thread's yin a little, but mostly to shitpost: I realized last year that I (a German) hate every single German and every single square centimeter of this wretched soil, including myself and where I live.

Baden-Württemberg: a bunch of anal-retentive Wutbürger who are literally still protesting Stuttgart 21, combined with hosed up mountain people who can't decide if theyre Swiss or French and fail at being either one. I hope a rapture-level event yanks these folks to hell
Bayern: extremely inbred and hosed up idiots who are still bitter over coming 3rd place in the grand 19th century german olympics. I hope someone literally murders Horst Seehofer and then we go from there
Berlin: 3rd world shithole with no real attractions but plenty of tourists. Please drop that liberating Fat Man right on top of my Little Boy
Brandenburg: rude even by Berlin standards. Flood the whole thing and lets see what happens
Bremen: never been there. Maybe they are good people but lets flood it to be safe
Hamburg: I would personally shoot anyone from Hamburg. Lets make it happen
Hessen: What I would say here would be legally actionable so I'm not gonna say it
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Like people from Brandenburg but even more acutely inbred. Drive them into the sea
Niedersachsen: Home of the Goldener Keks and Stadt des KdF-Wagens bei Fallersleben. Lets make Moorleichen great again
NRW: never been there. Brew lovely beer, talk funny, death is too good for them
Rheinland-Pfalz: wine-swilling, Helmut-Kohl-sounding pieces of poo poo. And don't even get me started on the non-Pfalz part!! kill em all
Saarland: lol
Sachsen: extremely inbred and hosed up idiots who are still bitter over coming 4th place in the grand 19th century german olympics. Make Poland annex Saxony
Sachsen-Anhalt: I hope the fallout from the UN-mandated nuking of Sachsen-Anhalt kills me
Schleswig-Holstein: cede to Denmark, then nuke Denmark
Thüringen: THE most inscrutable of them all. They might have to stay because I dont want to risk crossing a Great Old One

hekll yeah, genocide snipe

(Kudos to randler for :randler:ing that post)

Zwille fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
For some reason, the part about Niedersachsen made me Schmunzel. I have lived all my adult life in Lower Saxony, but I have no idea what the "Goldener Keks" is.

Though of course I can be magnanimous, Niedersachsen is slated to suffer so much under Climate Change during this century, Hannover will end up a new Hafenstadt before the end of it, and I'll just chill the rest of my life on one of our many sunny, sun-burnt new islands.

Niedersachsen will be the new Karibik.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

I have lived all my adult life in Lower Saxony, but I have no idea what the "Goldener Keks" is.

:chloe:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diebstahl_des_goldenen_Leibnizkekses

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Niedersachsen overdoing the kekswichs I see

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Bremen is if you take everything that works for Hamburg (i.e. having lots of rich people) and throw it in the Mülltonne. Not a public one though, those don't exist in Bremen.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

„Our ad has been a big hit with dyslexic nazis for some reason“

The ad in question:

https://twitter.com/flemmyflamingo/status/1656015985869037575?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So you can come up with the kind of joke a 12 year old would make with their friends and get big marketing agency wages for it? Why am I not surprised.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

To market to twelve year olds, you have to become the twelve year old.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Fun thread about the story that sparked the story that sparked this

https://twitter.com/johannes42/status/1656568222433304580?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

taz, man

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Made a trip to the Packstation during my lunch break.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Antigravitas posted:

ok boomer

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Were vacationing at the Mittelrhein and despite us being mid 30s were by far the youngest people around. These little towns all look like they're dying. Shops, if the open at all, are open a couple of hours a day. All merchandise that isn't adult diapers is old, partially from the 90s. Stuff that shows up as vintage and antiques in the big cities is just normal living room stuff here. Wild

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Walked by a bunch of the whitest boomers alive holding a banner saying "Frieden mit Russland" and i just can't wait until that whole generation is gone lol

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
No worries. We got plenty of idiots lined up to replace them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

:hai:

Arte is alright

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjfl4sJyiU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

In a bar where Welt news is running. They're bringing a piece on whether fruhsexualisierung of our children is really necessary. There is no escape from the Kulturkrieg

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It is all so loving transparent, too. CSU meets with Ron DeFuckingSantis, and like a week later suddenly drag queens are a nationwide threat to our poor children. These dumb motherfuckers are so intellectually and morally bankrupt that they can't even start their own culture war, they have to import one.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I always thought it would get better as more old conservatives die away. But no, look at Junge Union etc. Those are all 60+ brains in young bodies. No shortage of old thinking in the future.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

well now you can do something about it

https://www.change.org/p/tilman-kuban-sofort-zur%C3%BCcktreten

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Owning the libs by forcing the kid who lost their mother to cancer last year to make a muttertagsgeschenk

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/derjamesjackson/status/1657439930254086149?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Stop trying to make Berlin sound interesting.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lmao Bremen what the gently caress.

Not only 10% for the fash, but 10% for a party with the absolutely most cringe-rear end name "Bürger in Wut".

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

More like Bürger*in? Wut!

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Wutbürger_in

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Lmao Bremen what the gently caress.

Not only 10% for the fash, but 10% for a party with the absolutely most cringe-rear end name "Bürger in Wut".

so, is this Wagenknecht's new party, or something I need to be a Bremer to understand?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I hope Wut is the name of a Brremer Stadtteil...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Libluini posted:

so, is this Wagenknecht's new party, or something I need to be a Bremer to understand?

They mostly got votes from former AfD Wähler and are basically the same thing in grün blau.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Grendels Dad posted:

They mostly got votes from former AfD Wähler and are basically the same thing in grün blau.
Wasn't AFD blau in the first place?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
In Germany they call it Wutburger With Cheese.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ohrfeigt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfnlkiPCVA

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

German entry this year was totally fine and would have deserved more points. Political vote.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

They mostly got votes from former AfD Wähler

and this, in turn, is because the AfD was too dumb to register for the election in time.

Ofc there was a lot of rage about how 'unfair' it is they got 'evicted' (they didn't get evicted, they just failed to apply) but the election comitte kept to the rules and here we are.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Spin And Speed posted:

and this, in turn, is because the AfD was too dumb to register for the election in time.

Ofc there was a lot of rage about how 'unfair' it is they got 'evicted' (they didn't get evicted, they just failed to apply) but the election comitte kept to the rules and here we are.
That is wrong.

The AFD in Bremen split and provided two competing slates of nominees and was thus disqualified.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

BiW also did a lot better in Bremerhaven (> 20%) than in Bremen (~7.5%).

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

DTurtle posted:

That is wrong.

The AFD in Bremen split and provided two competing slates of nominees and was thus disqualified.

ok, so then they failed to provide exactly one list of candidates in time. Still funny.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

That Bremerhaven of all places would be mad at Windräder and Ausländer boggles the mind. They just got a huge Windrad factory that gave them all jobs from what I understand.

Happy Litterbox
Jan 2, 2010
I too would be angry at Windräder if they gave me a job. Arbeit sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I too hate foreigners coming to a harbor town. How dare they?