Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Look, if there's one thing Bruce Wayne is good at it's standing in dramatic poses with appropriate scenery.

checkplease posted:

I do like that about BvS. Gotham appears to be full of run down and abandoned areas despite years of him punching criminals.

BvS Gotham is literally just New Jersey iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Randomly watched the Batman rescues Martha scene and goddamn does it kick rear end. I can’t believe we’re not going to get an entire movie of that.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Randomly watched the Batman rescues Martha scene and goddamn does it kick rear end. I can’t believe we’re not going to get an entire movie of that.

That final encounter with KGBeast rules

"Drop it... I SAID DROP IT! I'll kill her! BELIEVE ME, I'LL DO IT!"

"I believe you."

*boom*

It's so good. Batfleck loving owns so hard, and he's definitely my favorite live action version. To keep the Snyderverse living, I use that skin when playing Arkham Knight. It just feels right given the brutality of combat.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

In the middle of his operatic take on the fall and redemption of Batman, Snyder finds time for the Batman fight scene every one had in their head as a child.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ZS understands something that too few filmmakers understand. Violence is terrible, and frightening, and occasionally really loving cool.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It also owns that people don't just line up to fight him, but you also have goons who hesitate because they see how badly their buddies just got hosed up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if Zack saw the warehouse fight in Kick rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhO0SYOKV-E

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Can’t decide if my favorite KO is the dude he drive-by headfirst in to a crate, the dude he domes in the head with said crate moments later, or the guy he picks up and throws through a wall.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The one he plants through the floor was just bruuuuutal.

Great sound work in there, too.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

The one he plants through the floor was just bruuuuutal.

Great sound work in there, too.

Especially as the guy still has the knife in his leg, too

The Virgin Baleman

vs

The Chad Batfleck

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Special shout-out to the guy who gets hung upside down and then kicked into the grenade guy and presumably blown up

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I am fond of Uranage victim, myself.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

That final encounter with KGBeast rules

"Drop it... I SAID DROP IT! I'll kill her! BELIEVE ME, I'LL DO IT!"

"I believe you."

*boom*

It's so good. Batfleck loving owns so hard, and he's definitely my favorite live action version. To keep the Snyderverse living, I use that skin when playing Arkham Knight. It just feels right given the brutality of combat.

The neat thing about this is that Batman shoots the gas tank, so if KGBeast hadn't pulled the trigger he wouldn't have fried himself

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Rubber flamethrower. Honest.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And the tension and brutality is absolutely fitting given the whole deal is that this is Bruce getting a do-over of Crime Alley.

Am reminded of No Way Home doing something similar, and clunky like that movie tends to be but still imo pretty great, with Garfield Spidey rescuing MCU MJ from dying the way his Gwen Stacy did.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McCloud posted:

The neat thing about this is that Batman shoots the gas tank, so if KGBeast hadn't pulled the trigger he wouldn't have fried himself

Exactly. Just like another Batman said, he won't kill you. But he doesn't have to save you.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Exactly. Just like another Batman said, he won't kill you.

Well, except those guys outside. He shot them pretty dead.

Also I'd say 3/4 of the guys in the other room.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Well, except those guys outside. He shot them pretty dead.

Also I'd say 3/4 of the guys in the other room.

And the car chase lol

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
They all had parachutes right

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Just a reminder that BvS's Batman gives an opportunity to surrender. It's true he annihilates fools in that car chase but he starts it by revving his engine and looking cool. If any of those guys had run out of their cars with their hands up or just pulled over and hit their hazards they would have been ok. His MO is very much escalation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just a reminder that BvS's Batman gives an opportunity to surrender. It's true he annihilates fools in that car chase but he starts it by revving his engine and looking cool. If any of those guys had run out of their cars with their hands up or just pulled over and hit their hazards they would have been ok. His MO is very much escalation.

Lol I like that revving his engine and looking cool is being read as his "surrender now and just walk away"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol I like that revving his engine and looking cool is being read as his "surrender now and just walk away"

Well it's also part of being a Snyder comic book character, and I was being a little tongue-in-cheek (pulling over and putting their hazards on ;))

I don't think he kills anybody when he steals the kryptonite back from Luthor? You seem them being stretchered out, not in body bags.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well it's also part of being a Snyder comic book character, and I was being a little tongue-in-cheek (pulling over and putting their hazards on ;))

I don't think he kills anybody when he steals the kryptonite back from Luthor? You seem them being stretchered out, not in body bags.

Tragically, Gotham's hospitals are also terrible from decades of embezzlement and overloaded from years of routine stabbings, beatings, and ER visits when gangsters have to have batarangs pulled out of their hands, so they died in the waiting room

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
You think companies sell special Batman insurance. when he breaks lots of your bone don’t worry still covered, no deductible needed. Maybe just proof of a brand.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Insurance denying all claims from the zod/superman fight with the reason "act of god(s)"

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

checkplease posted:

You think companies sell special Batman insurance. when he breaks lots of your bone don’t worry still covered, no deductible needed. Maybe just proof of a brand.

Bad guys begging to get branded so they don’t go bankrupt paying their hospital bills

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

To be completely fair to Batman, they DID shoot first.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The scenes are badass and that's all I care about

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

MacheteZombie posted:

The scenes are badass and that's all I care about

:agreed:

And they look like comic book splash pages, which is why I can't understand the hate for his style in this medium. He's making the comic books come to life, and he's doing it while making these complex, high operatic movies that lovingly draw on the source while referring to art and mythology. He is the best, and I will never forgive WB for robbing the world of seeing his DC Cycle come to a close.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Bad guys begging to get branded so they don’t go bankrupt paying their hospital bills

In the Marvel comics people can buy Hulk Insurance as a separate thing for their home/etc. so I assume there's something like that in DC too, though I doubt any company would cover damages that are found to fall under the category of acts of Zod.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

And they look like comic book splash pages, which is why I can't understand the hate for his style in this medium.

Mostly because they don't. They looks like comic books splash pages, yes, but as if the comic books were adaptations of movies. It's honestly quite jarring, at least for me. They look too much movies to feel like real comic books, and too much comic books to feel like real movies.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

YggdrasilTM posted:

Mostly because they don't. They looks like comic books splash pages, yes, but as if the comic books were adaptations of movies. It's honestly quite jarring, at least for me. They look too much movies to feel like real comic books, and too much comic books to feel like real movies.

This made sense in your head, but what you wrote is gibberish.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

YggdrasilTM posted:

i hated man of steel for years until i saw it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

YggdrasilTM posted:

Mostly because they don't. They looks like comic books splash pages, yes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

YggdrasilTM posted:

You are cookinh nothing right now

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

BvS Ultimate Edition fan cut where the only change is that the beginning flashback is the Wayne family leaving the theater after watching Maximum Overdrive instead of Excalibur.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dark Knight would have been 10,000x better if it was the same movie as it was but the Joker's truck was the Green Goblin truck from Maximum Overdrive.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
God save us from movies that are actually cinematic, as opposed to slightly wider TV shows. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

In all seriousness, I get it if you don't like someone's style. I hate Wes Anderson's style. The settings are pretty and usually colorful, but everything around them feels lifeless and depressing (usually due to the story). I'm depressed in real life, so I don't go to movies to experience what I already do every day of my life. It's my own personal reaction and subjective opinion about Anderson's films. It's okay to not like something. It's just that your explanation was really weird and kind of funny.